Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West > Las Vegas
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
Jordanblackpool
DIS Veteran

Las Vegas To Los Angeles

Hi Guys, Hope your well!

Im currently planning a lads holiday to Vegas for next year, but a few of the lads have mentioned going to LA for a few nights at the end of our trip and was wondering what the best and cheapest way to get to LA Is? How far is it? and what sort of price were looking at?

Cheers

Jordan

Past VisitsMGM Grand,Las Vegas. March 201113th Feb 2010 - Royal Crown Plaza March 2009 - Port Orleons, French Quarter,October 2007 - Port Orleons French Quarter,April 2004 - Comfort Inn,October 1999 - Port Orleons French Quarter,October 1997 -Port Orleons - French Quarter,October 1995 - Grosvenor LBV,October 1993 - Delta

Follow Me On Twitter www.twitter.com/Allsworth27
Jordanblackpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
ICF
DIS Veteran

We are doing the same thing in Oct and would love to hear some more info on this.

I was told by a co-worker that it should be about a 4 hour drive from Vegas to LA.....but be sure you plan it so as to NOT hit LA in the late afternoon as you dont want to be in rush hour.

We'll probably leave Vegas by 9am so that we miss the worst of the LA traffic when coming into town.
ICF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

For the OP cheapest way is probably Grey Hound bus, it takes your from the amtrak station in LV near the Freemont St. Experience to Union Station downtown LA. But you will want to goto Hollywood or a beach not downtown. Maybe a minor inconvenience because you may need to use a taxi on each end.

For the PP, the easiet way to do it is driving, rental car or you won, so you are mobile when you get to LA. I would say the drive is about 4 hours to downtown LA but can varie a lot.

If you hit traffic on either side it is a pain. Or traffic in the middle of the desert. Avoid driing to LV on Friday during the day or evening, early morning is ok. Avoid leaving LV on Sunday after late morning.

In LA there is traffic from 7 to 9am and 4 to 7pm, I would avoid driving at these time. however in most of LA there are carpool lanes for vehicles with more than 2 people. This helps quite a bit.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Jordanblackpool
DIS Veteran

Ahhh cheers for that! Theres going to be 5 lads aged between 21-25 so I think driving is the best option really!

Can you hire a car in Las Vegas and return it in LA or does it not work like that?

Past VisitsMGM Grand,Las Vegas. March 201113th Feb 2010 - Royal Crown Plaza March 2009 - Port Orleons, French Quarter,October 2007 - Port Orleons French Quarter,April 2004 - Comfort Inn,October 1999 - Port Orleons French Quarter,October 1997 -Port Orleons - French Quarter,October 1995 - Grosvenor LBV,October 1993 - Delta

Follow Me On Twitter www.twitter.com/Allsworth27
Jordanblackpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanblackpool View Post
Can you hire a car in Las Vegas and return it in LA or does it not work like that?
Yes. Sometimes it cost more to return a rental at a different place, but not a hug deal. If you are staying on the Strip the rental car companies have shuttles to their locations. From there it's easy to get on the freeway and out of Vegas. Driving on the stip is not easy I'd avoid that.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
kailuagirl
DIS Veteran

It's not a bad drive, just can be really long if you hit traffic. Like other's say, I'd avoid certain times, and I'd drive when it's light.

If you rent a car in one location and pick it up in another it usually costs more, alot more, so check into all your options, as well as picking up at say a hotel location vs. the airport. I've found there is huge differences in rental car prices so you really need to check out everything and everyone, even on different days they will have different prices.

Good luck and have fun!!! oh yeah, make sure you take some good driving music that is fun to sing along with. Makes the time faster!!
kailuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: