Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #31
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Finally, an update! I am sorry I have been MIA. The past few weeks have been crazy and chock-full of family events, getting hired at a NEW job (YAY!), and general hectic-ness. Back to the report!

When I last left off, we had just left the Magic Kingdom in search of some pool time. We arrived back at the Boardwalk, exhausted from an early day and the hot temperatures. I layed down on the bed, and before I knew it, I had passed out. I woke up 2 hours later to find that everyone else didn't make it to the pool either! We had all collapsed in bed and taken naps. We felt refreshed and ready to hit up the parks!

Our first stop was DHS, again. DBF was intrigued by the Indiana Jones show that we didn't see earlier in the day, and he wanted to check out a famous spot from his favorite Disney movie, so for dinner we headed to:

I hadn't been here in a while, but it hasn't changed. The food is mediocre, but we enjoy the pizza and I was sufficiently full. I think DBF and Tim could have eaten 3 or 4 of the pizzas! It was just about time for the Indy show, so we went over and grabbed some seats.

I haven't seen this show in YEARS, and I really didn't remember much of it at all. It was really good! I can see this being something I'd do every couple of years, but not every time we go. The guys really liked it, too.

At this point it was around 7:30 I think, and we wanted to get to the MK for EMH. MK was open till 2am that night! We decided to ride the Great Movie Ride before we headed out. The BFs enjoyed. We made our way to the bus stops and hopped on a bus to the Contemporary, because it looked like we just missed the TTC bus. We waited just a few minutes for a bus. We walked from the Contemporary to the MK. I had never done this walk before, but it was very quick. Good to know, since my home resort is Bay Lake Tower!

It was about 8:30, so we decided to grab some snacks and wait for the summer nightastic fireworks at 9. Tim and I got those huge ice cream sandwiches from the Main Street Bakery...can't find my pic, but you know these are HUGE. Such a great use of a snack credit! Kiki got a muffin, and I can't remember about Vinnie...

The fireworks were AMAZING. Illuminations will always be my favorite nighttime show, but these were the best fireworks I've ever seen. Incredible!!!!! If you are going to WDW this summer, these are an ABSOLUTE NOT-MISS. Phenomenal. I got chills!

The MK didn't appear to be too busy, so we decided to check out Buzz Lightyear right after the fireworks. 40 minute wait...I don't think so! I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not, but we rarely stand in line for more than 10-15 minutes. The guys didn't believe us, but when they saw it was really possible, I think they grew a little fonder of WDW! We bypassed Buzz and hit up the Tomorrowland Speedway. This is a classic to me. I just love it. The wait was only 15 minutes, so we went on. Next was the mad tea party.

Kiki in the tea cup.

This was so fun! We used our Peter Pan FPs from earlier in the day, attempted It's a Small World, but it broke down, did the Haunted Mansion and made our way to BTMRR. It was a blast! And about a five minute wait. DBF Vinnie loved it so much he requested another time around right away, so we went. Splash Mountain had a very short wait, so we went for the 2nd time that day. SO FUN! As usual. It was getting close to 1am at this point, so we thought we'd head over to Tomorrowland and see what the wait was like at Space Mtn and Buzz.

We attempted a few shots in front of the castle, but I just think we look like we belong on the Haunted Mansion!

So pretty!

Space Mountain had a 60 minute wait (apparantly this is where everyone in the park was...!) but Buzz was just 5, so we walked on that. Buzz is always fun, but a bit of a let-down after TSM! We decided to head on out of the park. We were tired, and it was STILL really humid, and we got pretty much everything done that we felt the BFs *needed* to see! We came home to this:

I have a new found love for this resort! We went to sleep and were looking forward to sleeping in the next morning. Saturday was a "rest" day, which included hotel-hopping, some yummy food, and a NEW room at the BWV! Stay tuned. I promise it won't be another 2 weeks before my next installment!!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #32
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Your villa looks so nice! I don't see many villa pictures so I'm always so curious as to what they look like! Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely! I know what you mean. I'm always so curious to see what's so special about the villas, so I had to include pics! They are fabulous.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #33
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the new job!

It sounds like you had a great time at MK EMH! I'm determined for us to take advantage of more of these on our honeymoon. We did the Epcot EMH one night in January and I felt like the park had a whole different feel. We had so much fun! We were planning on MK but never made it.

I'm excited to see this new room!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #34
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

HI!! I am joining in Looks like you had a great start to your vacation!! I would love to try the kitchen sink...it looks huge! I wanted to ask, what time at night do all of the activities/restaurants on the Boardwalk close? I am planning a trip and want to check it out!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #35
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

Joining In

I just found your TR and am loving it - we had a trip in May and are looking forward to the next one in November. We are thinking about buying DVC but just having done it yet! We are thinking we are going to rent some points in November to see if we like it and then probably go for it after that.

Can't wait for more of your report. Congrats on the new job!

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
Old 07-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #37
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Congrats on the new job!

It sounds like you had a great time at MK EMH! I'm determined for us to take advantage of more of these on our honeymoon. We did the Epcot EMH one night in January and I felt like the park had a whole different feel. We had so much fun! We were planning on MK but never made it.

I'm excited to see this new room!
We did have a great time! I love the parks at night. They're extra magical Definitely panning on a MK EMH on your honeymoon!

Room coming soon. The view is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
HI!! I am joining in Looks like you had a great start to your vacation!! I would love to try the kitchen sink...it looks huge! I wanted to ask, what time at night do all of the activities/restaurants on the Boardwalk close? I am planning a trip and want to check it out!
Glad you're joining in!! The activities/restaurants are open pretty late. One night when we got back around 2 from the MK things were still pretty active out there. If you're going during a busy time of the year my guess would be that they're open till at least midnight, if not later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
I just found your TR and am loving it - we had a trip in May and are looking forward to the next one in November. We are thinking about buying DVC but just having done it yet! We are thinking we are going to rent some points in November to see if we like it and then probably go for it after that.

Can't wait for more of your report. Congrats on the new job!
Yay! Renting DVC points sounds like a great idea. I've heard you get all of the perks by doing that. I HIGHLY suggest going on one of the DVC tours over at Saratoga Springs. Once you do that, you'll be in love. I signed up at one of those info stations at DHS I believe. It was about 3 hours long, but you learn a LOT and there isn't any pressure to buy. Of course they offer you great incentives to get you to join...which is how they got me! How could I pass up an extra year of points for free, plus a free cruise on the new ship next year?!

Thanks for the congrats! I'm super excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
There is nothing better than an afternoon nap to get you refreshed for an evening in the park....we do it as often as we can....everyone is happier when it happens
Naps really DO make everyone happier! We really did need the refresher so we could stay up till 2am!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #38
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean about Pizza Planet...The food isn't great, but it's PIZZA PLANET, so that makes everything better. Oh, how I love Toy Story!!

I can't wait to see the Nighttastic fireworks!! I like Wishes, but I'm ready for something different. And the fact that everybody keeps raving about them is making me even more excited.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #39
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Just joining in! Great trip so far, and the room pictures look amazing! Hope the new job is going well. Can't wait to read more!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #40
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Joining in

The boardwalk looks like a beautiful resort and your room is amazing.

Can't wait to see what your new room looks like

Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #41
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
I know what you mean about Pizza Planet...The food isn't great, but it's PIZZA PLANET, so that makes everything better. Oh, how I love Toy Story!!

I can't wait to see the Nighttastic fireworks!! I like Wishes, but I'm ready for something different. And the fact that everybody keeps raving about them is making me even more excited.
I know...Pizza Planet isn't amazing, but I still love it! You will love the Nighttastic fireworks. They really were the best fireworks I've ever seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Just joining in! Great trip so far, and the room pictures look amazing! Hope the new job is going well. Can't wait to read more!!!
Glad you're joining in! The new job is great, thank you! Another update coming tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Joining in

The boardwalk looks like a beautiful resort and your room is amazing.

Can't wait to see what your new room looks like
Thank you for reading!!! The room really was spectacular, I loved every bit of it!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #42
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Finally an update!

I think it's safe to say that I am not good with updating quickly! I want to change that, however, because I feel like I am going to start forgetting details. I have just been super busy with my new job (which I love, btw, and thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes!) and I am moving this weekend. I want to finish my TR this week! Let's see if that happens. Anyway...time for another update

When I last left off, we had finished our first full day in the parks. Saturday morning I had every intention of getting up around 8:30 or 9 and getting a run in, either on the Boardwalk or at the Muscles & Bustles fitness center. Well, after getting in late the night before, and just being beat from the heat and touring, I was pooped! I slept until about 10 and then woke everyone up. We had to check out of our room at 11 and check into our new room.

The plan was to hotel hop and check out some resorts while we waited for our new room. Our first stop was Animal Kingdom Lodge for lunch. We took a bus to one of the parks (I can't remember which one!) and then took a bus from there to AKL. I really wanted to try some zebra domes! It was my first time visiting the lodge, and it was g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s. It was so majestic. For some reason I cannot find my pictures of it... Hmm?

We headed down to the mara for some zebra domes. I think I had the cheese flatbread too. Both were really good, but I was not expecting the liquor-taste. I know this might not get good reviews from zebra dome fans...but I could take 'em or leave 'em.

Next we went to the MK and took the monorail to the Poly. I love, love, love the Polynesian! Here's me and Vinnie in the lobby:

Isn't it beautiful?

We bypassed the GF for the time being because I wanted to show my sister and the boys my DVC home, Bay Lake Tower. Luckily a DVC rep was there and let me show them the demo rooms. Everyone loved them. I can't wait to stay there one day! Vinnie and I are hoping to stay there next December (2011) when we go for a Christmas trip! We looked at the pool:

And then went up to the walkway to the Contemporary:

What a view!

I got a text that our room was ready, so we walked over to the MK and took a bus to the Boardwalk. We spent a lot of time on Disney transportation this day!

I am not going to re-post room pix because our room was identical to our first room, except for one thing. LOOK AT THIS VIEW:

It was AMAZING. This is NOT on zoom! At all!! You know the big souvie shop on the BW? We were directly above it, on the 2nd floor. At night there was a performer swallowing swords right below us. What a great room!!

Kiki and Tim went to the pool for a bit while Vinnie and I took a nap. Then we went to Community Hall and played table tennis and air hockey for about a half hour. It was really nice to enjoy some of the DVC amenities. Soon enough it was time to go to dinner. We headed down to Downtown Disney.

Years and years ago we ate at Wolfgang Puck Express, and I can't remember why we didn't like it. I think it was my mom who didn't, mostly cause of the price. Well when you're on the dining plan and pricing isn't a factor...head to WPE!

The pizzas are huge!!! Tim and Vinnie each got a pizza:

Kiki had the warm turkey melt with sweet potato fries. Delicious!

I had the mac & cheese. Highly recommend it!

The clouds in the sky were quite ominous, but gorgeous.

We headed over to Raglan Road for a few drinks. There was an Irish Step Dancer performing. It was really cool in there.

After dinner and drinks, we decided to head back to the Boardwalk.

We thought about going to Jellyrolls (never been, but really want to check it out) or Atlantic Dance Hall...but we were all pooped! We had brought some wine and other treats, so we headed to the room to hangout.

When we got to the room, we could see fireworks from MK!

Blurry, but still nice! It was a fun, relaxing day. We needed it after our crazy touring day the day before, and would need it for what came tomorrow.

Up next-- Epcot & Animal Kingdom, I get soaked, and Chefs de France!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #43
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a GREAT view!!! It must have been amazing staying there, I would love to some day myself! Good luck with the moving!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #44
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Nothing beats that Boardwalk view!! We had room 3041 on our last trip and loved it (I got moved from rm 2001 to 3041 because of the long walk to the elevator since I was on a foot brace plus it was so noisy my first night since it was right next to Jellyrolls). Can't wait for our boardwalk view this next trip - I showed your view to my DS17 who will be going the first time and all he said was "wow!" I think he's getting excited!

Isn't it great to hop from resort to resort? BLT looks so beautiful and modern - and you can't beat the views and walk to MK!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #45
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Wow that's an incredible view and the food at WPE looks really good.

I'm looking forward to hearing how your meal at Chefs was

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: