Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
Dsnygrl1205
DIS Veteran

Reading along! I love the Magical Star Cocktail! I had one (or two) at Victoria Falls at AKL in April. So yummy!
1983 Fort Wilderness Cabins, 2002 ASMo, 2003 ASMu, 2006 ASMo, 2007 ASSp, 2008 POFQ, 2009 ASSp, CSR & Pop, 2010 AKL, ASMo & Pop, 2011 AKL & Poly, 2012 POR, AKL & ASSp, 2013 Contemporary & BWI, 2014 POFQ, & BC
Old 06-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #17
camsmomE
"right on the bum- that way no one will even notice us scraping our pineapples!!"

just started reading your intro- I'm hooked- be back as soon as I catch up! -Stace

"I think I need my head examined" TR AUG 2010;I'm Back! and I STILL need my head examined- TR AUG 2010; Fist Pumpin' at the POLY Shore! PTR MAY 2011AUG 2-8,2010 WL; OCT 3-4, 2010 POP; NOV 17-19, 2010 Beach Club; JAN 16-17, 2011 Portofino Bay @Universal; FEB 14-15, 2011 Portofino Bay @Universal; MAR 14-16, 2011 Nick Hotel; MAY 5-8, 2011 POLY CL; JUN 2-5, 2011 AKL-Jambo; JUN 5-9, 2011 PBR CL; NOV 5-7 BLT- SOLO TRIP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #18
amyrella
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE

Last minute trips ARE the best! I do live in Albany. Where in upstate NY are you?[/QUOTE]

I'm in dutchess county... i'm like hour and a half from albany... and my parents have a house in caroga lake.. i think thats semi close?? idk... lol
Old 06-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #19
amyrella
Mouseketeer

i cant believe you guys finished the kitchen sink!! that looks sooo yummy!!! haha i feel like i should go there just for that!!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #21
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltDaddy View Post
We just got back and were there for only 4 days - we decided to not go to DT Disney but you're making me wish we had! Sounds awesome
I love DTD. I love browsing the shops and walking around, and there is always lots of good food to eat. Hope you had a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
HEY!!! I'm joining in - Loving your report so far!!

The Boardwalk looks so pretty! It's so BRIGHT AND CHEERY and I LOVE it. I definitely want to stay there someday.

Nice job polishing off the Kitchen Sink. I keep trying to drag my family over to Beaches and Cream to try it. Maybe I'll have some luck with it this year!
The BW is SO bright & cheery. It has such a happy ambiance! And you definitely have to try the kitchen sink at least once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I love impromptu trips (I didn't spell that right, did I? ) And I even love BWV even more!! (we have a 2-bedroom boardwalk view reserved for our trip this year and I am beyond excited - esp since it will be my youngest 2 sons' first trip ) The renovated rooms are gorgeous now.

Ouch on the sunburn - esp your first day!! I hope you were able to sleep and enjoy your trip inspite of it
Your trip is going to be so much fun! It'll be a great place for your son's first trip, too. They'll love the pool! The sunburn hurt a lot, and sleeping was uncomfortable for night or two. It's peeling now...ick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnygrl1205 View Post
Reading along! I love the Magical Star Cocktail! I had one (or two) at Victoria Falls at AKL in April. So yummy!
They are sooooo good. Glad you've joined in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmomE View Post
just started reading your intro- I'm hooked- be back as soon as I catch up! -Stace
Thanks! Happy you're here

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post

I'm in dutchess county... i'm like hour and a half from albany... and my parents have a house in caroga lake.. i think thats semi close?? idk... lol
Dutchess is kinda close, but I have no idea where Caroga Lake is! Maybe Western NY? idk..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
i cant believe you guys finished the kitchen sink!! that looks sooo yummy!!! haha i feel like i should go there just for that!!
It is so yummy. So, so filling, but really delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Hey, Allie! I'm joining in!
Hi Courtney! Happy you're here
Old 06-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #22
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I am happy I found your most excellent trip report Our first trip Home was to BWV in June a few years ago. HOT was an understatement!

I'm really enjoying your trip and your pictures. Looking forward to more
Old 06-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #23
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

You've done a great job picturing a quick, fun vaca we are all wanting for ourselves...especially the kitchen sink! Great job getting the perspective of the guy's shirt behind it to show how huge it really was...did anyone fight over a brownie or cookie??

We stayed at Beach Club Villas about the same timeframe, but didn't stay long enough to enjoy -- ironically, we tried for BWV, first! Maybe next time...!

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
Old 06-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #24
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I am happy I found your most excellent trip report Our first trip Home was to BWV in June a few years ago. HOT was an understatement!

I'm really enjoying your trip and your pictures. Looking forward to more
Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it! HOT is definitely an understatement. It was so humid and uncomfortable at times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmerBaggins View Post
You've done a great job picturing a quick, fun vaca we are all wanting for ourselves...especially the kitchen sink! Great job getting the perspective of the guy's shirt behind it to show how huge it really was...did anyone fight over a brownie or cookie??

We stayed at Beach Club Villas about the same timeframe, but didn't stay long enough to enjoy -- ironically, we tried for BWV, first! Maybe next time...!
There was no fighting over brownies or cookies...there were several inside, I think we each had a brownie for ourselves! You'll have to try out BWV! When I was booking this, because it was so short notice, I asked member services to just tell me everything that was available and the first person I talked to said SSR or OKW. When I called back later, planning to book SSR, the new lady I talked to said we could do BWV if we didn't mind switching rooms half-way through. I didn't mind at all! I love the Epcot resort area.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #25
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

First, I want to apologize for my photos being all different sizes in my previous posts. They keep changing on me and my computer is being fussy, so I apologize if they're weird. Also, this post might be a bit short on photos. I thought I had uploaded more to my photobucket account, but I didn't. Sorry! On with the TR!

Day #2, 6/11/10 -- Our first day at the parks!

We woke up Friday morning bright and early. Vinnie and I had taken showers the night before, so we "slept in" until 7, and Kiki and Tim got up a bit earlier. We had a few granola bars in the room, as we had planned to use a QS credit for an early lunch.

Our mission today was to hit the highlights at DHS (does anyone else still want to call it MGM? DHS just doesn't seem right to me!) and MK. DHS had EMH that morning, opening at 8, and MK had EMH that night, staying open till 2am! We figured these would be the best parks that day, even though we new DHS would be packed because of Star Wars Weekends. It was the last weekend of the event, I believe, but we weren't interested in doing any of the SWW festivities.

We walked along the waterway from the BWV down to DHS. We had never done this before, but it was a great walk! It was warm, but nice, that morning, and it took us about 10-15 minutes to get there from our room. We were a bit nervous at first because all we could see was a massive crowd of people out front. Luckily, that was for a SWW thing, I think some kind of meet & greet fastpass thing?, so we bypassed it and headed inside. I took all of our tickets and was prepared to dodge the crowds and head to Toy Story Mania for fastpasses. I made my way through the souvie shops on the right, finding a spot in the crowd. It was about 7:50, and I was so anxious!

I had heard about the craziness that ensues at rope drop for TSM, but honestly it wasn't as bad as I was picturing. I made my way to the FP machines and our return time was 9:35-10:35. That gave us plenty of time to hit the biggies, ToT & RnRc! I quickly walked over towards that end of the park, and met up with everyone in front of Starring Rolls.

We waited MAYBE 10 minutes for RnRc. I was so excited for Vinnie's first ride as an adult! Of course, HE LOVED IT. How can you not? It was so fun. I love the music blasting in your ears!!

Next was ToT. A walk-on! This is my favorite ride at DHS, and I was interested in seeing the extra fanciness it was supposed to have for the summertime. Before you drop, they show an image of everyone on the ride. It was kind of cool. Spooky!

Vinnie wanted to do Star Tours next, and I was not looking forward to it. I stopped riding this ride about 10 years ago because for whatever reason it started making me feel quite sick. Since it was his first time on it, I tried to be a good girlfriend and suck it up. The wait said 30 minutes! I was so not happy, but we had no other time to do it, so again, I sucked it up. It was a walk-on!!! That's the good news. The bad news is...I wanted to vomit. Sorry if this is TMI, but I felt awful! It's a good thing I didn't have anything more than a FiberOne bar in my belly! Kiki and Tim felt the same way. I think Vinnie was the only one who liked it, and we all agreed that its a good thing this ride will be getting some refurbishment soon. It needs it!

We walked the streets of America and before we knew it, it was time for TSM! This ride is just the best. I kind of feel bad for Buzz Lightyear over at MK, just cause this ride totally takes the cake and makes Buzz look ancient!

Vinnie is a big video game fan, so of course he had a blast! I don't remember our scores, but I do remember that my prize was a bunny. Haha!

This about wrapped up our DHS plans for the morning. We planned on returning for dinner at Pizza Planet (Vinnie insisted...), the Great Movie Ride, and Indiana Jones later on.

We made our way to the bus stop for the TTC. After waiting for just a few minutes, we were on a bus and on our way! We hopped on the monorail to the MK.

It was Vinnie's first monorail ride (in Disney...airport doesn't count!). Within a few minutes, we were looking at this:

Ahhh. Don't you just love it? I do.

It was now around 10:30. We were making great time! Kiki and Tim ran over to Splash to grab fastpasses. Usually we wait till the afternoon for that, but it was boiling hot. It was so sticky and humid. I couldn't wait to get wet! Vinnie and I strolled through the Emporium and met up with Kiki and Tim at Pirates. I love how Pirates is always a walk-on, if you hit it at the right time of the day. MK had opened at 9, so it was still kinda early. After Pirates we decided that we needed to eat lunch.

Usually we go to Casey's, but it was under construction and a bit of a mess over there, and I wanted a burger, so we went to Pecos Bills. I haven't been here in a looooooooong time, as in, I was probably in elementary school, so I was excited to try a burger and check out the toppings bar I always hear about on podcasts. It was great! My burger had onion rings on it. Delish.

Next was Space Mountain. We waited maybe 5 minutes. Then we hit up the Carousel of Progress, PhilarMagic, and Splash Mountain! A bunch of other things in between had longer wait times, and we were hot, so we decided to head on out for some pool time. But first, we stopped for dole whip floats (AMAZING) we took some pictures.

Aw!

Double Aw!

I stopped at the Town Hall Guest Services to pick up my Visa Rewards card and activated it on the way to the hotel. So convenient!

Up Next: Pool Break? Hmmm...maybe. And how much do we accomplish at EMH at the MK?

There will be more pics, I promise!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #26
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Yes, it will always be MGM to us I loved your installment. We'd vacation well together because our favs are TSM, RnRC, and TOT. We let our sons go on Star Tours. I don't get but my DH would be done for the day after that.

LOVED the pics in front of the castle. Loved the Binford shirt on DBF. My hubby has the same shirt. 'Wra-huh'?

Where is Pecos Bills? The burger sounds great!

Looking forward to more....
Old 06-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #27
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

I will ALWAYS call it MGM. ALWAYS. And nobody can stop me.

You guys got so much done that morning...I'm impressed!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #28
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Yes, it will always be MGM to us I loved your installment. We'd vacation well together because our favs are TSM, RnRC, and TOT. We let our sons go on Star Tours. I don't get but my DH would be done for the day after that.

LOVED the pics in front of the castle. Loved the Binford shirt on DBF. My hubby has the same shirt. 'Wra-huh'?

Where is Pecos Bills? The burger sounds great!

Looking forward to more....
TSM, RnRC and TOT are the best! I don't blame your DH for sitting out on Star Tours. I don't think I'll ever ride that again!

Everyone loves that Binford shirt. We actually had a guy come up to him during the trip and ask where he got it. I bought it for him a few years ago in that gift shop after the Backlot Tour, but they don't have any Home Improvement merch. anymore. Boo!

Pecos Bills is in Frontierland right near Splash Mountain. If your walking from Splash towards Adventureland, you walk right by it on the left. It's yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
I will ALWAYS call it MGM. ALWAYS. And nobody can stop me.

You guys got so much done that morning...I'm impressed!
LOL! We did get a TON of stuff done. We were on a mission!!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #29
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Another update will be coming soon! I'm realizing now that I don't have many pix from Day 2, so I need to steal some of DBF's.

Once I get them uploaded a new update will be on the way!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #30
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Your villa looks so nice! I don't see many villa pictures so I'm always so curious as to what they look like! Thanks for sharing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: