Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #121
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Love all the wedding plans!!! The ballroom is beautiful! And your cake sounds amazing, I can't wait to see everything come together for your wedding day!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:58 PM   #122
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Sadly Jiko does not have a view of the savanna. If you get there early or after your dinner you can go to the overlook and see the animals.

The Segway Tour was around 2 hrs or so. The first hour we spent learning how to use the Segway and going on a obstacle course etc...then we went out to the World Showcase. It was so much fun, if I didn't already mention that.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
luvfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #123
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Wow, all your plans are GORGEOUS!!!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #124
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
Courtney---
You have such classic, elegant taste. I can tell after reading this installment how beautiful your wedding will be! First of all, that venue is GORGEOUS! You're right..it is absolutely romantic! And that aisle will look amazing in there. The cake is very cute, and I love your bouquet. The pinks will look fabulous with that venue. I'm a pink girl too.. I'm excited to see how it all comes together
Thank you so much! I certainly hope it turns out as beautiful as I have it in my mind! For me one of the hardest decisions was the colors, but I really love what I've chosen - I think it will play off of the pale green walls really nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
WOW!!! Everything is AMAZING!! I love the venue, the cake, and the flowers!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
Thank you, Becky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Your ballroom is GORGEOUS! Here up north, we have mansions in Newport, Rhode Island that were modeled after southern architecture. You venue reminds me of them so much!! I love that it's not cookie-cutter or too "hotel" hall like.
Your colors are just beautiful-- so springy and classy and romantic, all in one!
I definitely wanted a true "southern" feel! I think the ballroom really depicts that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
I LOVE your venue! The ballroom is just stunning! I love the cake too! I wanted to do a ceremony some day with DH and I. I think we are just going to do an elopement ceremony. But if I did a wedding I'd do cupcakes! It's something I know I could do myself and they add an air of cuteness.

But I love the cake you choose I hope how every makes it for you does a great job!
Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with everything so far. Now just 1,000 other things to decide on! Oooh, you should do one of the Disney small ceremonies - I think they're kind of like an elopement, just with a few guests.
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #125
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Love all the wedding plans!!! The ballroom is beautiful! And your cake sounds amazing, I can't wait to see everything come together for your wedding day!
I'm excited to see the finished product too! Only a year left before I can see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
Sadly Jiko does not have a view of the savanna. If you get there early or after your dinner you can go to the overlook and see the animals.

The Segway Tour was around 2 hrs or so. The first hour we spent learning how to use the Segway and going on a obstacle course etc...then we went out to the World Showcase. It was so much fun, if I didn't already mention that.
I think the night-viewing of the animals after a meal at Jiko would be really nice. Oooh, this Segway obstacle course sounds fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Wow, all your plans are GORGEOUS!!!
Thank you!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #126
Leeanne
Loving Life as a Princess with my Prince Charming

Hey!! I am here! I love the ideas you have for your wedding! I have to say I am so excited to see what else you have planned for your wedding and your honeymoon! I know I have done two 10 day trips and Brian has done one. We love the 10 day trips. Its enough to be able to do most everything that you want, and able to have some fun in between! I am super excited to see what else you have coming!

1989-one day MK; 2007-CR; 2009-10 days-ASMo-promise ring in front of castle prior Wishes; 2010-11 days-POP-Engagement on Poly Beach during Wishes/EWP; 2011-15 days-CSR-Disneymoon!!; 2013-14 days-POP
Leeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #127
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
We will definitely be trying Boma one way or another! I think Boma and TH might offer similar foods for breakfast. We've done TH breakfast, so dinner might be the way to go! I was so close to seeing if we could do a walk-up when we stayed at AKL but never did.

Thanks so much for reading the TR and for joining in here! So glad to have you along!
Definitely take the plunge and eat dinner at Boma. I highly recommend it

and yes, 10 days was a great amt of time... and yes, it is great to go to WDW with DH since he "knows" everything.... it is sometimes annoying though too haha- can't lie!!!! He started planning our Disneymoon as soon as we became engaged. He detailed it all out. I like details and plans, so it worked for me LOL

Hope your planning is coming along wonderfully I know I am super excited for our trip with our DS2 in October
Have a great weekend!!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #128
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

I'm finally here! I forgot to subscribe before I left for Disney and now I had to play catch up!

First off, the Poly is an awesome choice! We spent 3 nights at the GF on our Disneymoon before we went on the DCL for the rest of our Disneymoon. It was fabulous! We had dinner at Narcoosees which was amazing. I suggest you look into that ADR too!

Wishes cruise sounds fantastic! I think you should do that because I think you can even watch the electrical water pageant too if I'm not mistaken.

That ballroom is gorgeous!

I just got married in September so I'll be happy to provide any advice that I can that I know was helpful to me! You are already way more ahead of the game than I was but I only had a 9 month engagement! Great work!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #129
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeanne View Post
Hey!! I am here! I love the ideas you have for your wedding! I have to say I am so excited to see what else you have planned for your wedding and your honeymoon! I know I have done two 10 day trips and Brian has done one. We love the 10 day trips. Its enough to be able to do most everything that you want, and able to have some fun in between! I am super excited to see what else you have coming!
I'm glad to see you here, Leeanne! I'm excited to have you along for the planning! I'm glad the 10 day trip worked out well for you guys - I think we're really going to enjoy having the extra time to do some of those "special things" I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Definitely take the plunge and eat dinner at Boma. I highly recommend it

and yes, 10 days was a great amt of time... and yes, it is great to go to WDW with DH since he "knows" everything.... it is sometimes annoying though too haha- can't lie!!!! He started planning our Disneymoon as soon as we became engaged. He detailed it all out. I like details and plans, so it worked for me LOL

Hope your planning is coming along wonderfully I know I am super excited for our trip with our DS2 in October
Have a great weekend!!!
How funny about your DH planning out the honeymoon! That's neat that he enjoys the planning since so many men don't. Miguel definitely loves Disney, but he's not too big on the planning!

I bet you are going to have some much fun in October! Are you doing a PTR for the trip, or a TR when you return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I'm finally here! I forgot to subscribe before I left for Disney and now I had to play catch up!

First off, the Poly is an awesome choice! We spent 3 nights at the GF on our Disneymoon before we went on the DCL for the rest of our Disneymoon. It was fabulous! We had dinner at Narcoosees which was amazing. I suggest you look into that ADR too!

Wishes cruise sounds fantastic! I think you should do that because I think you can even watch the electrical water pageant too if I'm not mistaken.

That ballroom is gorgeous!

I just got married in September so I'll be happy to provide any advice that I can that I know was helpful to me! You are already way more ahead of the game than I was but I only had a 9 month engagement! Great work!
Yay! I'm so glad you made it over! And I'm so glad to have another Disneymooner on board! I'll definitely be asking for lots of input from you!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #130
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

EXCITING TRIP NEWS!

I wanted to share with you all a few new travel related purchases! Itís been a while since Iíve bought any new luggage, so I decided it was about time for a few new pieces! I wanted something with a little ďcharacterĒ that wasnít so basic. Iím really happy with what I found. Itís the Ellen Tracy Travellista collection, and I got the largest wheeling bag, along with a carry-on.

Here's the wheeling bag...

And the carry-on...

Here's a close up of the "character". It's a faux snake skin.

One of my favorite things about the wheeling bag is it's pretty lavender interior!

Also, it has lot's of pockets inside and outside, which will come in handy.

The carry-on has a lot of pockets too. There's one for a laptop, cell phone, and other random things.

Now, I know that itís still a year from my disneymoon, and itís probably a tad too soon to be worrying about luggage. However, I did have another reason for this purchaseÖ

IíM GOING TO ITALY NEXT MONTH!!!

Iím very excited! My father is taking my grandparents and me to Italy for two weeks in August. Weíll be flying in to Venice and spending a few days there, then taking the train to Florence for a few days there, and finally weíll end up in Rome where weíll stay for the remainder of our trip! Weíll be gone the first two weeks in August, so itís now crunch time to get ready for our departure!

Provided the luggage holds up well, Iím also planning on using this for the Disneymoon. So I should be set, luggage wise. Miguel is probably due for some luggage down the road, though.

I hope you will all stick around during my two-week absence next month! And I hope you donít mind if I share some pictures from our trip when I return!

Old 07-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #131
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Great luggage choice, I really like them, especially the carry on I need something like that for our laptop.

Congrats on going to Italy!! I can't wait to see your pictures from there. Since my dbf is in a power wheelchair with Cerebral Palsy going overseas is not a possibility for us so I live through others that go there . I hope you have a wonderful vacation with your family.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #132
arbolita
DIS Veteran

The new luggage looks awesome (I love the purple too!) AND I AM SO JEALOUS ABOUT YOUR ITALY TRIP!!!! My family is Italian and I've always wanted to go - Mr. Arb and I have talked about going for our 5 year anniversary. Take lots of pictures and post them here when you get back!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #133
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

That is extremely exciting news!!!! Have you been to Italy? It's beautiful! You're going to love it!
Old 07-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #134
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

Italy...How exciting! Please do share photos. I'd love to see them. Italy is on my list of places to see some day

Your luggage is really cute. It's hard to find some that are nice and sturdy but still cute...and that is definitely important

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Princess_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:27 PM   #135
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Oh, wow, wow, wow, Courtney! The ballroom for your wedding location is beautiful. That word doesn't even seem to do it justice. I love every sneak peek you gave us-the flowers, centerpieces, the cake!

Lucky you--a trip to Italy! That sounds wonderful. You'll have to take lots of pictures and give us a mini(mega) update!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: