Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #106
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
Your venue looks amazing! I also like the flowers you have picked including the way you would "make" the aisle. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to reading your new trip plans!
Thanks! I'm really hoping that the florist says that aisle would be possible. Sometimes I don't know if my ideas are very practical!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #107
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I'm so glad to hear you liked the GF spa! I think it would be so nice and relaxing - maybe about halfway through the trip.

What did you think of Jiko? I've read some great reviews here and it sounds really yummy!

I hadn't thought about a Segway tour! That's a great idea! I'm always saying I'm going to see more of WS - that would be a great way to do it. I bet Miguel would love that too! Something a little more manly. Thanks for idea!
We did ours halfway through the trip and it was perfect!

We love Jiko and do it every trip! I always get the Filet with Mac and Cheese. Plus the service is always good and friendly. If you like wine they have some really good African wines.

The Segway tour is a little more "manly" and my DH loved it. It was so much fun. Plus they will take your picture on the Segways up in Italy with Spaceship earth in the background with your camera.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
luvfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #108
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
We did ours halfway through the trip and it was perfect!

We love Jiko and do it every trip! I always get the Filet with Mac and Cheese. Plus the service is always good and friendly. If you like wine they have some really good African wines.

The Segway tour is a little more "manly" and my DH loved it. It was so much fun. Plus they will take your picture on the Segways up in Italy with Spaceship earth in the background with your camera.
Oh, I'm so glad to hear you liked Jiko! The filet and mac and cheese is exactly what I would want to try there! Plus, I think it would be nice to return to the hotel where we celebrated our engagement for a meal. Does the restaurant have a view of the savannah?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #109
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! You are going to have such a beautiful wedding! That ballroom is GORGEOUS! What a great location.

I love the direction you are going in with the Wedding, keep telling us about your wedding plans!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #110
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oh my goodness! You are going to have such a beautiful wedding! That ballroom is GORGEOUS! What a great location.

I love the direction you are going in with the Wedding, keep telling us about your wedding plans!
Thank you! I really hope I can turn my "vision" into "reality", you know? I'll definitely be sharing more plans with you all!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #111
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous!!!! Every single thing you've picked is lovely.
Your ballroom is amazing. Is that near where you live or will you be traveling?

Love the flower petal aisle. I definitely wish I had some kind of aisle runner for our wedding, never even thought about it at the time!

Can't wait to follow along as you plan!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #112
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Joyce! I am in love with our ballroom - I've been eyeing it for over a year now and I'm so glad it was available. It's about 30 minutes from where we live. It's in downtown Atlanta and we're in the suburbs, so not a bad drive at all.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #113
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

OOOOH the wedding details are GORGEOUS!

The cake is very important. Without sounding all FRONK on you...it does set the tone. That was Randy's favorite part of wedding planning. We had a cake "artist" We had an autumn theme so the cake was ivory fondant and then hand crafted autumn leaves looking like they were falling from it. Problem was they almost threw out all the leaves thinking they were real!!!! Luckily our coordinator walked into the kitchen as they were cutting and told them to stop!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #114
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

The venue is breathtaking! I think the flowers down the aisle would be great also! We got married in a church but we had large ribbon bows put on every other pew and I think it really added to the elegance.

DisneyCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #115
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Your venue is breathtaking! WOW, your guests will be in awe that's for sure.
Thanks for sharing all the details!

The cake sounds yummy...I love the idea of different flavors for each layer

Oh, fogot to mention this in my other post...someone (sorry forgot who) mentioned doing the segway tour...I agree!
My Dh and I did the epcot tour when we went for our 10 yr anniversary in 2009.... my DH loved it! I on the other hand, being the wimp I am, was afraid the entire time I would loose control... but, I made it and by the end was really enjoying it! The info you find out about World Showcase from the tour is soooo cool

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #116
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
OOOOH the wedding details are GORGEOUS!

The cake is very important. Without sounding all FRONK on you...it does set the tone. That was Randy's favorite part of wedding planning. We had a cake "artist" We had an autumn theme so the cake was ivory fondant and then hand crafted autumn leaves looking like they were falling from it. Problem was they almost threw out all the leaves thinking they were real!!!! Luckily our coordinator walked into the kitchen as they were cutting and told them to stop!
Thanks! I'm feeling pretty good about the vision I have. I think it will end up really beautiful. Now if only I could get to work on accomplishing some things...

Ooohh, your cake sounds amazing! How funny that the leaves were almost thrown away! You must have had an amazing baker, err, artist. My baker said the same thing about it setting the tone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
The venue is breathtaking! I think the flowers down the aisle would be great also! We got married in a church but we had large ribbon bows put on every other pew and I think it really added to the elegance.
Isn't it beautiful?! I just love it. I would love to line our faux aisle with some ribbon as well - I definitely love that look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Your venue is breathtaking! WOW, your guests will be in awe that's for sure.
Thanks for sharing all the details!

The cake sounds yummy...I love the idea of different flavors for each layer

Oh, fogot to mention this in my other post...someone (sorry forgot who) mentioned doing the segway tour...I agree!
My Dh and I did the epcot tour when we went for our 10 yr anniversary in 2009.... my DH loved it! I on the other hand, being the wimp I am, was afraid the entire time I would loose control... but, I made it and by the end was really enjoying it! The info you find out about World Showcase from the tour is soooo cool
Thank you! When I first stared planning I said one of my main goals was to have my guests leaving saying it was the best wedding they've ever attended. I really hope the venue will set the stage!

I bet the Segway tour would be so interesting. The more I hear about it, the more I like the idea! How long does it last for?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #117
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

Courtney---
You have such classic, elegant taste. I can tell after reading this installment how beautiful your wedding will be! First of all, that venue is GORGEOUS! You're right..it is absolutely romantic! And that aisle will look amazing in there. The cake is very cute, and I love your bouquet. The pinks will look fabulous with that venue. I'm a pink girl too.. I'm excited to see how it all comes together

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Princess_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #118
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

WOW!!! Everything is AMAZING!! I love the venue, the cake, and the flowers!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:38 AM   #119
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Your ballroom is GORGEOUS! Here up north, we have mansions in Newport, Rhode Island that were modeled after southern architecture. You venue reminds me of them so much!! I love that it's not cookie-cutter or too "hotel" hall like.
Your colors are just beautiful-- so springy and classy and romantic, all in one!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #120
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

I LOVE your venue! The ballroom is just stunning! I love the cake too! I wanted to do a ceremony some day with DH and I. I think we are just going to do an elopement ceremony. But if I did a wedding I'd do cupcakes! It's something I know I could do myself and they add an air of cuteness.

But I love the cake you choose I hope how every makes it for you does a great job!
TokyoDina is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: