Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #91
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran
 
Mrs T 2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 524

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I think the carriage ride would just be so peaceful and relaxing. It might be nice to do that one night and then take the boat to DTD for dinner and shopping!



Wow - it sounds like you had some great meals on your honeymoon! How exciting you got to try so many wonderful restaurants! Although I hate Narcoossee's didn't live up to your expectations. I've read a lot of reviews like that on here. It also seems like Yachtsman gets great reviews all around.

Did you find that 10 days was a good amount of time? I definitely want to give us time to experience all of the extra things and relax but I don't want to reach vacation overload either. I was thinking 10 days would be perfect.



Every time I'm at Disney I tell myself how the next time I am booking a spa appointment! Mostly for the tired muscles from walking so much!

Boma is definitely on our list of places to try - although I'm not sure if we should go for breakfast or dinner?
Go to Boma for dinner! They have WONDERFUL food! Everything is labeled and you can always ask someone what is in everything if you have allergies to food. My DH and I loved it! I love trying new food, and he sticks to the same things, but he tried new things and we enjoyed it!
__________________
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV



Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #92
belle aube
Earning My Ears
 
belle aube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 34

I was following along with your TR and I found your Disneymoon plans! Congratulations and exciting!
__________________
1982, offsite | 1985, offsite | 1987, offsite | 1988, Caribbean Beach | 1989, Caribbean Beach | 1990, Caribbean Beach | 1992, Caribbean Beach | 1994, Disneyland | 1995, Dixie Landings | 1997, Caribbean Beach | 2008, Caribbean Beach | 2009, Coronado Springs | 2010, Disneyland | 2011, Shades of Green | 2012, Shades of Green | 2013, Shades of Green


belle aube is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #93
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran
 
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY!!! I'm soooo excited that you chose the Poly!! It's my FAVORITE resort!! We've stayed there the last 2 trips and loved everything about it!! Last year we stayed at Tokelau and this year we stayed at Tuvalu! We liked BOTH longhouses very much!! We always request 3rd floor so we can get a balcony--I've read that some 2nd floor rooms don't have balconies. Let me know if you have any questions and once I start my TR I will share LOTS of Poly pics!!
I thought you might like our resort choice! I think we're really going to love the Poly - everything I read about it makes me so happy we chose it! So you're the third person who's mentioned Tokelau! How about Tuvalu, was there one you preferred over the other? Any pros/cons for each? Great tip about the third floor - I definitely want a balcony to relax on!

I can't wait for you to start your TR and see all of your Poly pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
I'm very excited to hear all about your wedding planning! I spent so much time planning my wedding. I think I just love planning in general. You definitely have to do the GF spa! We are just going to get massages at our resort (CSR) this trip purely for the convienence of being able to stay on resort. I love the idea of the mini wedding cake. My favorite is the firework boat cruise idea b/c my DH would LOVE to do that! Maybe one day...
I'm the same way - I love to plan! Although this is definitely proving to be a huge undertaking! I did a lot of "research" before Miguel and I actually got engaged and now I think I kind of got burnt out on it. I pretty much know who I want my vendors to be, and provided they're available and I don't get any bad vibes from them, I'm ready to book!

How neat that they have massages at CSR! That's going to be so nice. Will this be your first Disney spa experience? You'll have to let me know how you like it!

The fireworks cruise is definitely the front-runner in my mind! If I can get past the price, I think it would be absolutely magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
10 days was a great amount of time!!! We spent some of our first days going around to all the parks and spending ample time at each and doing the things we wanted to do. Then, we would go back and go on the rides we liked again, or we would just walk around shops we wanted to look at again down main street in MK.
Also, I think taking a day to enjoy DTD and play at DisneyQuest would be great! We took a day to walk around all the shops, play in DisneyQuest, and just enjoy our time there. We also met up with family I have at DTD that day, so it all worked out well!

Just always remember, take deep breaths, plan things you absolutely MUST DO, and meals you MUST DO, and take the rest in stride and do things in your own way on your own time Everything will work out great

Only thing we ran into trouble with was that my DH found out the hard way he had a food allergy to tree nuts Spent a night in ER, and had to switch around some meals, but all in all it was a wonderful Disneymoon. By the time we left I wanted to stay, but also wanted to get home and prop-up my feet and just relax and revel in the great time we had together!

Any other questions I am happy to answer. My DH is a Disney afficionado. He LOVES it! He also completed a college program there.

Have Fun! Can't wait to here more!
Oh I'm so glad 10 days was a good time-frame for you!!! I would love to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak - browse through stores and really pay attention to all of the details that we normally miss trying to accomplish all of our must do's. It sounds like you did that well!

What a scary experience for your DH, though! I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your disneymoon! And how neat that he did the college program! I bet it is a lot of fun to go to Disney with!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #94
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran
 
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Go to Boma for dinner! They have WONDERFUL food! Everything is labeled and you can always ask someone what is in everything if you have allergies to food. My DH and I loved it! I love trying new food, and he sticks to the same things, but he tried new things and we enjoyed it!
We will definitely be trying Boma one way or another! I think Boma and TH might offer similar foods for breakfast. We've done TH breakfast, so dinner might be the way to go! I was so close to seeing if we could do a walk-up when we stayed at AKL but never did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by belle aube View Post
I was following along with your TR and I found your Disneymoon plans! Congratulations and exciting!
Thanks so much for reading the TR and for joining in here! So glad to have you along!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #95
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer
 
alliebelle3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ballston Spa, NY
Posts: 192

You NEED to do the fireworks cruise! A few years ago my sisters and grandparents chipped in (like you said, they're aren't cheap!) for my parent's anniversary and we did an Illuminations cruise. It was amazing. The boats dock right under the bridge between the UK & France, and the view was great. Our captain even took us out a while before and drove us down towards DHS and around Crescent Lake, too. Totally worth it, and I'd love to do it again! It would be so romantic, just you and Miguel!
alliebelle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #96
arbolita
DIS Veteran
 
arbolita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,718

I just realized, I don't think I responded to your Special Things list yet.

- I've only been to one signature dining restaurant, but it was amazing. We did Yachtsmen Steakhouse last year, and it was worth the 2 TS credits, and I would have gladly paid OOP for it.

- I like the hot air balloon in theory, but I am way too chicken to actually do it. I don't really have a fear of heights, just of falling

- The PO carriage ride is also on my list this year, especially since that's the resort where we will be staying. I wanted to do it last year, but didn't find the time.
__________________
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans


[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!


Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #97
disneybarbie
Disney Princess
 
disneybarbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 2,749

Hi!
I think we have a lot of the same ideas for our honeymoons lol

Hope to go to the spa at GF, and lots of signature dining!

I can whole-heartedly recommend the Illuminations cruise.. we did one last summer and it was the best part of our trip! The view from the water is breath-taking.. completely wrapped up in the music/fireworks/fountains .. before the fireworks we had about 40 minutes cruising around the lakes, sailed to the Hollywood Studios and back.. (Captain Mike was great!!)
I think it was $320 (including tax, a captain, snacks & sodas) and we paid extra to have some wine & beers onboard (from Yacht Club private dining)

For honeymoon I'm hoping to do the Wishes cruise.. as we'll be staying near MK... I agree, I want it to be just me & DH (!) on the boat.. despite the cost, it'll be so romantic!

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #98
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran
 
407-W-DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 578

Hi,
I would definitely do something at the GF spa...we tossed around the idea of a massage for our Honeymoon, but I hadn't been to Disney in over 7 years and my Dh had never been so I didn't want to spend too much out of the parks...what was I thinking???

Don't forget about the nightly water pararde that goes by the Poly... very romantic to watch it on the beach!

Oh, I hope you do the Hot Air ballon...it looks like it would be so "magical", especially at night!

Thanks for the updates...looking forward to more!
__________________
Christine (42) DH (43)
11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:23 PM   #99
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,785

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I thought you might like our resort choice! I think we're really going to love the Poly - everything I read about it makes me so happy we chose it! So you're the third person who's mentioned Tokelau! How about Tuvalu, was there one you preferred over the other? Any pros/cons for each? Great tip about the third floor - I definitely want a balcony to relax on!

I can't wait for you to start your TR and see all of your Poly pics!
Tokelau--overlooked the quiet pool, close to the GCH, close to the bus stop
Tuvalu--had a deck on the end that overlooked the volcano pool/water/beautiful view of castle/MK/GF/Contemporary, close to GCH, farther walk to bus stop and TTC (Brent's pick over the two--I liked both equally)

Now that I'm FIANLLY done editing all of my Photopass pics, I hope to start my TR very soon!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #100
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran
 
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
You NEED to do the fireworks cruise! A few years ago my sisters and grandparents chipped in (like you said, they're aren't cheap!) for my parent's anniversary and we did an Illuminations cruise. It was amazing. The boats dock right under the bridge between the UK & France, and the view was great. Our captain even took us out a while before and drove us down towards DHS and around Crescent Lake, too. Totally worth it, and I'd love to do it again! It would be so romantic, just you and Miguel!
I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise! I haven't read about too many people actually doing them, so it's nice to know they're worth it! How special you got to venture over to DHS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I just realized, I don't think I responded to your Special Things list yet.

- I've only been to one signature dining restaurant, but it was amazing. We did Yachtsmen Steakhouse last year, and it was worth the 2 TS credits, and I would have gladly paid OOP for it.

- I like the hot air balloon in theory, but I am way too chicken to actually do it. I don't really have a fear of heights, just of falling

- The PO carriage ride is also on my list this year, especially since that's the resort where we will be staying. I wanted to do it last year, but didn't find the time.
I've been reading some great things about Yachtsman lately - it sounds like I definitely need to look into that one further.

I hope you get to do the carriage ride! If you do, I'm definitely looking forward to hearing about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi!
I think we have a lot of the same ideas for our honeymoons lol

Hope to go to the spa at GF, and lots of signature dining!

I can whole-heartedly recommend the Illuminations cruise.. we did one last summer and it was the best part of our trip! The view from the water is breath-taking.. completely wrapped up in the music/fireworks/fountains .. before the fireworks we had about 40 minutes cruising around the lakes, sailed to the Hollywood Studios and back.. (Captain Mike was great!!)
I think it was $320 (including tax, a captain, snacks & sodas) and we paid extra to have some wine & beers onboard (from Yacht Club private dining)

For honeymoon I'm hoping to do the Wishes cruise.. as we'll be staying near MK... I agree, I want it to be just me & DH (!) on the boat.. despite the cost, it'll be so romantic!

Emma x
Yes, I think we're definitely thinking alike! I think we both are wanting the same "feel" for our honeymoons. I'm so glad we're getting to plan together!

Your Illuminations cruise experience sounds amazing! I think it would be so neat to not only see the fireworks, but to sail over to DHS too. About how long were you on the boat for the entire ride?
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #101
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran
 
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Hi,
I would definitely do something at the GF spa...we tossed around the idea of a massage for our Honeymoon, but I hadn't been to Disney in over 7 years and my Dh had never been so I didn't want to spend too much out of the parks...what was I thinking???

Don't forget about the nightly water pararde that goes by the Poly... very romantic to watch it on the beach!

Oh, I hope you do the Hot Air ballon...it looks like it would be so "magical", especially at night!

Thanks for the updates...looking forward to more!
I think we'll be spending lots of time on the Poly beach for sure! Thanks for reminding me about the water parade - I think it would be neat to watch that and Wishes from the beach on our first night!

I definitely agree the balloon would probably be more romantic during or after sunset. I wonder how long it runs for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Tokelau--overlooked the quiet pool, close to the GCH, close to the bus stop
Tuvalu--had a deck on the end that overlooked the volcano pool/water/beautiful view of castle/MK/GF/Contemporary, close to GCH, farther walk to bus stop and TTC (Brent's pick over the two--I liked both equally)

Now that I'm FIANLLY done editing all of my Photopass pics, I hope to start my TR very soon!!
Thanks for the list, Becky! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed both longhouses equally. I'm so no matter which one we end up in we will love it! This deck at Tuvalu sounds really neat!

I'm so glad I've got some Poly experts on board to help me plan!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #102
disneybarbie
Disney Princess
 
disneybarbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 2,749

we were on the Illuminations Cruise from about 8pm to 9.30pm

when the fireworks had finished.. our boat pulled forward into the lagoon to turn around... that was pretty cool, we were right in the middle of World Showcase!

make sure Disney knows you're on your honeymoon when you book.. they might add some decorations to the boat that say 'Congratulations' ... we did our cruise with a couple who'd just got married (Mrs DisneyB2B on the DIS!) and loads of people around the Boardwalk and Epcot were shouting out 'congratulations!' to them!!


Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #103
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran
 
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,468

WEDDING DETAILS PART ONE

* First off, I'd like to say thanks so much for all of the advice, tips and ideas about our resort choice and "special" things"! I really appreciate all of the input! Keep it coming! *

Since we are planning a Disneymoon here, I hope you don’t mind it I share some details of our wedding with you! I’ll be doing this in little installments throughout the next year (and as I get them planned!). Today, I’ll be showing you our venue, cake, and flowers!

THE VENUE
The venue for our wedding was the single most important thing to me. I was about 99% positive I knew exactly where I wanted the wedding to be when we got engaged. I had done a lot of research on line and kept coming up with the same location. When I finally was able to see it in person, I was 100% sure this was the place. I didn’t even look anywhere else! Here it is!

The Ballroom


The thing I love the most about our venue is the ballroom's beautiful ceiling.


And an exterior shot of the building.


I absolutely love our venue. I feel like it perfectly depicts what I want the feel of the wedding to be – romantic, classic, elegant and southern. The ballroom is located in a historic hotel in downtown Atlanta that has been restored to what you see today. The building no longer operates as a hotel, but rather as offices and two ballrooms on the lobby level.

We will have both our ceremony and reception here. We don’t have exact times quite yet, but we are planning on the ceremony starting at 6:00 and lasting for about 30 minutes. At 6:30, the guests will be escorted into the ballroom’s pre-function area for a cocktail hour with passed hors d'œuvres. Meanwhile, the staff will “flip” the space from the ceremony set up to the reception set up. The reception will begin at 7:30, and will consist of full sit down dinner, dancing and of course cake!

Speaking of cake…

THE CAKE
The cake is actually the only thing besides the venue that has been reserved. We have already reserved our baker and have discussed designs and flavors with her. Currently, we are planning on a five tier, round cake with alternating layers of chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling, and lemon cake with raspberry filling. Here is the picture that served as the inspiration for our cake.


We will most likely only have one large bow in the center of the cake with ribbon bands around the base of the other tiers. The ribbon will be pink and the frosting ivory (although I might change my mind on that at some point!) Of course, this design could change throughout the next year!

FLOWERS
The next thing on my list is to meet with a florist next Saturday. I’ve been compiling some pictures of flowers that I like to show her. I should also mention that the colors for the wedding will be blush pink, ivory and gold (mostly accents) with minimal pale green accents (mostly in the floral).

Here is a bouquet I love.


Since our ceremony will be inside the ballroom and we won't have a true aisle, I would like to create one with flowers. I really like this look -


The centerpieces will be alternating tall and short, and I’d like the vases to be an antique gold (nothing shiny!). There is minimal gold accents in the columns and ceilings in the ballroom that I would like to highlight with the vases.

A short idea I like -


And a taller idea I like. (Except not quite so much green).


* Sorry about the odd sizing of the pictures! *

Let me know what you think!

UP NEXT: Other exciting trip news!



Last edited by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE; 06-29-2010 at 04:58 PM.
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #104
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran
 
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
we were on the Illuminations Cruise from about 8pm to 9.30pm

when the fireworks had finished.. our boat pulled forward into the lagoon to turn around... that was pretty cool, we were right in the middle of World Showcase!

make sure Disney knows you're on your honeymoon when you book.. they might add some decorations to the boat that say 'Congratulations' ... we did our cruise with a couple who'd just got married (Mrs DisneyB2B on the DIS!) and loads of people around the Boardwalk and Epcot were shouting out 'congratulations!' to them!!


Emma x
Oh wow! That's a really good amount of time - much longer than I expected. That's really good to know! That would be so cute if they decorated the boat! I'll be sure to let them know it's our honeymoon if we end up doing one! Thanks, Emma!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #105
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran
 
luvfigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,713

Your venue looks amazing! I also like the flowers you have picked including the way you would "make" the aisle. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to reading your new trip plans!
__________________
Me (Kerri Lee) DHDD (1)
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
luvfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: