Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #751
lilpapsgirl
Mouseketeer

Yay!! I am so excited for you!!
After the holidays, time will fly and the day will be here before you know it.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #752
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
That's so exciting about booking your Disneymoon! I think Tokelau is a great location, and I'm pretty jealous you get so much time there

Sorry I can't help with the AP stuff, but that does seem a bit strange
I think we made a great choice by requesting Tokelau. I read about it a lot here on the board so it must be a good location!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Congratulations! I have never stayed at the Poly but I've always thought it looked like the perfect place for a Disneymoon! I'm sure you are going to have a perfect time!
Thanks! We think it's the perfect place for a disneymoon, too! I think the fact that it will be our first time to stay there will make it even more special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
The AP stuff is weird-- I'd honestly call back and talk to another CM about it. If the first one was wrong, the next one can fix it. Or, if he was right, maybe they can explain it better/give you more details about when a discount will come out/what it'll be.
But yay for being booked! I feel like the Poly is perfect for a honeymoon!
It's very weird. I ended up calling back and after a loooong time the CM told me that the first CM was right. I'd like to know what the reasoning is behind that policy.
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #753
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Hooray for booking the Poly!
Thanks! We are so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay for booking the Poly! I can't believe you're going for so long, that sounds so amazing...I'd love to go that long one time, but Brandon said 8 days was too long about our last trip! Although, I think he'd change his mind if we were at the Poly, he LOVES that place! I have to stay there someday, it's just SO expensive!!! If I get a 40% off pin code, or if there is a gp discount, it's going to hard not to stay there next year, whenever our next trip is going to be!

I don't know anything about AP's, but I keep thinking about getting one...I'm trying to convince Brandon to take a quick long weekend trip in the months coming up, then going on a longer trip in the fall and an AP would be really helpful, but I don't know...they seem kind of confusing! When you already have tickets and you upgrade while you're there, you just pay the difference, right?
I can't believe we're going for that long either - it doesn't even seem real! We've never taken a trip for more than a week, but if there was ever a time to splurge it's on the honeymoon, right?!

Yeah, the Poly price is not pretty. I just keep telling myself that this is probably the most special trip we will ever take to Disney and that we might as well go all out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpapsgirl View Post
Yay!! I am so excited for you!!
After the holidays, time will fly and the day will be here before you know it.
Thanks! I am sure that once we hit January, June will be here before we know it! I can't believe it's almost been a year since we got engaged. It does not seem like that long at all!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #754
amyrella
Mouseketeer

yay your booked!!!!
amyrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #755
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post

yay your booked!!!!
Thanks! It definitely seems a little more real, now!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #756
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

WEDDING UPDATE - VENDORS BOOKED & SAVE THE DATE'S

So, today my ticker for the disneymoon is showing 6 months and 1 week. I know I say this all the time, but I really can't believe how quickly this wedding is approaching! Here we are, under two weeks until Christmas, which was when Miguel proposed last year. Since we planned a year and a half long engagement, the wedding really did not even seem as though it was happening at first because it was still so far off. But now, I am so glad that we did plan it this way because it has really allowed us to take the planning process very slowly and give a lot of thought to all aspects of our wedding. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't change the way that the planning as progressed on bit - it has been so stress free!

I finally feel as though we have gotten all of the really big things knocked out. We've got all of our major vendors lined up and a lot of the big decisions made, so I'm feeling pretty good! Here's a list of what we've accomplished in the year since we got engaged, and what we have left to do. Plus, I'd like to share the Save The Date cards that we chose!

VENDORS BOOKED / THINGS ACCOMPLISHED
Venue (Ceremony & Reception)
Cake Baker
Caterer (also providing linens/dishes/flatware/glassware)
Florist
Photographer
Videographer
DJ
Lighting Designer
Day-of Coordinator
String Quartet & Trumpet Player
Ordered my dress
Decided on bridesmaid dresses
Booked honeymoon
Decided on Invitations and Save The Dates

And speaking of Save The Date's - here's what we chose! Obviously the actual card will have our last names, but I blurred them out, just to be safe.

I love it! I wanted something really simple and elegant that would set the tone of our wedding and I think this really does. The card is about the size of a 5x7 photograph and has raised gold ink on a thick ivory cardstock. I'm planning on getting these ordered within the next week, and getting them sent out to guests during January.

So here's what we have left to do...
Order bridesmaid dresses/mother's dresses/men's tuxes
Transportation
Chairs
Hair and Makeup
Officiant
Book rehearsal dinner
Book hotel for night before wedding/wedding night
Book ADR's/Activites for honeymoon (more on that in a later post, of course!)
Old 12-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #757
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

You are making great progress on the wedding planning! The Save the Dates are really pretty. I can't wait to see pics of the wedding...it will be beautiful!

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Princess_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #758
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

I love your Save the Dates! They are gorgeous! Everything for your wedding is really coming together! I'm so excited for you!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #759
Leeanne
Loving Life as a Princess with my Prince Charming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
WEDDING DETAILS – THE ATTIRE

Time for another wedding update! This time I thought I’d focus on the attire that the ladies in the wedding will be wearing. I think I mentioned already, but just incase I didn't my colors are blush pink, ivory, gold accents and pale green accents. Here are the bridesmaid dresses:

I think that this style will be really flattering on both of my bridesmaids, even though they have two very different body types.

Here are some styles and colors that I like for mother/grandmother dresses. These aren’t definites, but more so ideas. We’ve yet to do the mother shopping yet!

And of course, there is one last dress to share with you…my dress!!!

I went into my dress shopping pretty open to different silhouettes and styles. I did quite a bit of “researching” beforehand (meaning watching countless episodes of TLC’s Say Yes To The Dress!) and knew that sometimes, the style that ends up looking the best on you isn’t at all what you expected.

I decided to split my shopping up between 2 weekends so I wouldn’t feel overloaded, and I planned on visiting 2 stores per day, with a plan to return to a store the following weekend if I found a dress that I liked there. The first weekend that I did my shopping, the outcome was kind of…underwhelming. I did find a dress that I really liked in one of the stores and had a really fun time trying them on, but I was missing that reaction from both my family and myself.

I went back to the same store the following weekend with that one particular dress in mind. I thought I would try it on again and see if it brought on a different reaction the second time around. But then another dress caught my eye…

It was one I was planning on trying on the first week but just never got around to it. I knew that I had to try it on, and I decided to let it be the first one. As soon as the consultant put the dress on me I had a feeling. Not necessarily, “this is the one” but “I really, really like this one. A lot more than the other one.” When I walked out of the dressing room all of my family that was there with me started crying. Then I knew. That was definitely the dress! I know that people say this a lot, but really, the picture just doesn’t do it justice. Here it is!

I can't believe how quickly the wedding day is approaching!

I haven't had a chance to post on this but I love your dresses!!! These are absolutely beautiful! I love your bridesmaid dresses. And your dress is unreal. I love, love, love it!!! The back and off the shoulder is amazing!
Leeanne

1989-one day MK; 2007-CR; 2009-10 days-ASMo-promise ring in front of castle prior Wishes; 2010-11 days-POP-Engagement on Poly Beach during Wishes/EWP; 2011-15 days-CSR-Disneymoon!!; 2013-14 days-POP
Leeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #760
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
You are making great progress on the wedding planning! The Save the Dates are really pretty. I can't wait to see pics of the wedding...it will be beautiful!
It's really coming together, I think! I can't wait to see how the vision comes together, too! I hope the plan in my head translates into reality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
I love your Save the Dates! They are gorgeous! Everything for your wedding is really coming together! I'm so excited for you!
Thanks! I'm excited that we're finally close enough to actually send out the Save the Date's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeanne View Post
I haven't had a chance to post on this but I love your dresses!!! These are absolutely beautiful! I love your bridesmaid dresses. And your dress is unreal. I love, love, love it!!! The back and off the shoulder is amazing!
Leeanne
Thanks, Leeanne! I'm really happy with the dress. It's exactly what I wanted.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #761
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Those invites are perfect! They look great
and getting the big things out of the way first is what we did too and helped... the little things get easier to do once you get those big ones outta the way
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #762
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I completely agree with a year and a half engagement cutting down on planning stress! It was just the right amount of time to get everything done, and still went by fast.

Your save the dates are so pretty! Very, very elegant and fairytale-ish. Love em!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #763
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I love the Save the Dates! So classy and simple! That's great that you've been able to actually enjoy your planning experience-- I've heard way too many stories to the contrary!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #764
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I love the Save the Date cards! Looks like you're doing a great job with the plans, not too much left to do now! The wedding will be here before you know it!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #765
lilpapsgirl
Mouseketeer

I love the save the dates. They are beautiful. Not much left to do now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: