Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #31
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
i'm here!! cant wait to read all about your plans for the wedding and disneymoon!!

ooohh i wonder where you are staying!
Yay! So glad to have you reading along! I'm really excited to share all of our plans - especially where we'll be staying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
OH wow! So neat I love your must do list! You know, we really wanted to explore more of WS this past trip (it is SO big--we didn't get past France in 08). It is amazing how much more you see when you go back again!

Happy one year mark
Thanks, Katie! I fee like we barely scratched the WS surface on our last trip. This time I want to plan a full day for WS exploring so we can see it all. I'm really looking forward to checking out all of the little shops, and seeing the characters in the countries! Last time, we didn't see any characters while in WS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinaweena View Post
Hi! *waves* i just found your pre trippie and im looking foward to hearing all about it!!!
Thank you so much for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay for one year from your Disneymoon!

I know you want it to go by fast and just get here, but try to enjoy being engaged too! We were only engaged for 6 months, we got engaged on our November trip in 2009 and we got married May 1 of this year, and I rushed everything! Now I can't believe it's over and I barely had time to just enjoy the planning phase of it all!

Then again, it's hard not to want time to go by fast when you have a Disney trip planned!

Did you have dinner at Ohana's? What did you think of it? (Other than the bread pudding, of course! )

I love exploring WS, it's one of my favorite things to do in Disney!
This six months of being engaged has flown by, for sure! It really proves to me just how much I need to do for the wedding - I barely go anything accomplished during this six months!

Oh, we loved O'Hana! It was our favorite meal of the trip. It's a definite must-do for us from now on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Fabulous must-do's We weren't huge fans of Ohana, but that bread pudding was TDF!! It does have such a fun atmosphere-- perfect for your honeymoon! Do you have any other ADR's in mind??
Love Spectro/Wishes, and I agree-- the WS is so immense. It's hard to think of anyone really conquering it all, especially in one trip!! When we go, DBF likes to design new countries: "The NEXT one should be this, and it could look like this, with this kind of restaurant..."
You'll have a fabulous trip!! Are you guys planning on doing the bride/groom ears??
I have so many ADR's in mind! I think I' going to have to wait a while to do an ADR post because I just can't narrow it down yet! In the meantime, I have a massive wish list that I'll definitely be posting!

I really hope we'll be able to see more of WS this time! The couple of hours that I gave us last time was certainly not enough!

I definitely want the bride ears! I'm not sure I can convince Miguel to wear the groom ones - they're so big! It might be a little hot walking around the world in a top hat!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #32
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

One year! That will go by so quickly. Your list of things to do looks good. The fireworks and Spectro have to be a must. Those, in my opinion, are some of the most magical parts of being in Disney!

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Princess_K is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #33
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
One year! That will go by so quickly. Your list of things to do looks good. The fireworks and Spectro have to be a must. Those, in my opinion, are some of the most magical parts of being in Disney!
It feels a little weird to be celebrating one year since it seems so far off, but the ways the days are flying by lately, I know it will be here soon! I absolutely agree that the nighttime shows are must-do's! The daytime parades and such I can live without, but it just isn't a trip to Disney without some fireworks!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #34
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Love the must-do list! We're spending a LOT of time in Epcot on our trip for the same reason- World Showcase is just so much fun.
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #35
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

I love world showcase! This trip I am most looking forward to riding Maelstrom and eating at the F&W booths!

DisneyCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #36
Stitch2007
Mouseketeer

I enjoyed your engagement trip. I look foward to reading your Disneymoon pre-trip report. My Disneymoon is in October...I can't wait. I also thought of going somewhere tropical, but DBF wanted to go to WDW and who I'm I to say no to that. We are going to at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #37
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Love the must-do list! We're spending a LOT of time in Epcot on our trip for the same reason- World Showcase is just so much fun.
I'll definitely be scheduling in more WS time than I did on our previous trip - I would like to spend a whole day there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
I love world showcase! This trip I am most looking forward to riding Maelstrom and eating at the F&W booths!
Maelstrom is on my list of things to do this time! I've never ridden it before! It's always exciting having something new to look forward to!

Oh, how I wish I could experience food and wine! I was really hoping for a little weekend trip for us this fall for F&W but I can't now that I've got the new job. Hopefully within the next few years, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch2007 View Post
I enjoyed your engagement trip. I look foward to reading your Disneymoon pre-trip report. My Disneymoon is in October...I can't wait. I also thought of going somewhere tropical, but DBF wanted to go to WDW and who I'm I to say no to that. We are going to at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time!
I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the TR! I hope you'll enjoy the PTR as well!

How exciting that you'll be disneymooning soon, too! And yay for AKL! Are you going to do a savannah view? It's so worth it!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:37 AM   #38
Stitch2007
Mouseketeer

Yes, I definately got a Savanah view. I can't wait to look out my window to see the animals walking by.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #39
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Disneymoon! My DH and I went to Disney for our honeymoon last September and had such a great time we're returning in October as a delayed anniversary trip.

I hope you get the same pixie dust we did during our dinner at 'Ohana - we were seated near a window, and Wishes started just as dessert was served. It's my favorite memory from our Disneymoon
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #40
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Love the update for what you'll be doing in one year's time!

Bread pudding---definite YUM!

And I just have to tell you Courtney, that I had a napoleon during this trip. OH MY WORD!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #41
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to hear where you're staying! When is the big reveal?
alliebelle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #42
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch2007 View Post
Yes, I definately got a Savanah view. I can't wait to look out my window to see the animals walking by.
How exciting! It is so amazing getting to watch the animals from your room! You're going to have a great time! Are you going to do a PTR or TR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Disneymoon! My DH and I went to Disney for our honeymoon last September and had such a great time we're returning in October as a delayed anniversary trip.

I hope you get the same pixie dust we did during our dinner at 'Ohana - we were seated near a window, and Wishes started just as dessert was served. It's my favorite memory from our Disneymoon
Thank you! We had the exact same experience at O'Hana on our engagement trip! They brought the dessert right as the show started! I really hope to have that same experience again! It was an amazing evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Love the update for what you'll be doing in one year's time!

Bread pudding---definite YUM!

And I just have to tell you Courtney, that I had a napoleon during this trip. OH MY WORD!
Thanks, Michelle! Oh my goodness, isn't the Napoleon amazing?! I want to try some other things from the bakery, but it's going to be hard not to get the Napoleon again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
I can't wait to hear where you're staying! When is the big reveal?
I'm planning on posting it tomorrow evening!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:52 AM   #43
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

I'm here, Courtney!! I would have been here sooner but we've been out of town all weekend!! I don't think I've ever heard you mention the date of the wedding before so that's EXCITING!!!! Brent and I will be celebrating our 11 year anniversary this Saturday, June 26th!! (where has the time gone?!) Can't wait to hear where you're staying!!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #44
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
I'm here, Courtney!! I would have been here sooner but we've been out of town all weekend!! I don't think I've ever heard you mention the date of the wedding before so that's EXCITING!!!! Brent and I will be celebrating our 11 year anniversary this Saturday, June 26th!! (where has the time gone?!) Can't wait to hear where you're staying!!!
Yay, Becky's here! I'm so excited to have you following along for the PTR! Wow! 11 years - congrats! Are you doing anything special to celebrate?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #45
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

RESORT REVEAL!

In deciding where we should stay for our honeymoon, I tried to think about all of the things I wanted our resort to be. Obviously, I wanted a resort with a romantic vibe. I also wanted somewhere that would feel (and promote) relaxing, because after a year and a half of wedding planning, and of course the wedding itself, I know we are going to want to relax! I wanted somewhere luxurious, because after all, this is our honeymoon! We deserve to splurge! And last but not least – I wanted it to be special. I wanted the resort to be a place that we would never forget staying.

Naturally, the first resort that came to mind was the Grand Floridian!

During our March 2009 trip, Miguel and I went over to the GF one night to eat at Victoria and Albert’s and we just feel in love with the hotel. I don’t think there is a prettier resort on Disney property, and it certainly meets all of my resort wish-list criteria.

So for a while, I was set of the GF! What a perfect place for a honeymoon, right?!

But then I started to think about the night that we ate at ‘Ohana’s on our recent trip, and how our brief time at the Poly left me wanting more.

The Poly also fits all of my resort wish-list criteria! I think its tropical vibe is both relaxing and romantic, and of course it’s luxurious! And if nothing else, the Poly is certainly special. I feel like this resort has the biggest “following” here on the boards, and for good reason! Even though we only spent a few hours there for dinner, we definitely felt that special vibe that it has.

I was so torn! Both the Poly and the GF offer exactly what I want in a honeymoon, yet they are vastly different.

I talked to Miguel about it, poured over pictures of both, and naturally priced out vacations at both resorts. And finally, we came to a decision that we are both so happy with. So next June, Miguel and I will be spending out honeymoon at…

THE POLYNESIAN!!!

We both agree that this is an excellent choice for us and we can’t wait to spend 10 wonderful nights at the Poly! I also love how it's allowing us to have our special “Disneymoon”, but it also is giving us a little of that tropical beach honeymoon that we were both wanting as well. I feel like it’s the best of both worlds!

Up Next: Some ideas I have to make our honeymoon extra special!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: