Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #16
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm joining in! I really wanted to go to Disney for our honeymoon, instead we went on an ill fated cruise to Bermuda. It was so bad that we had a Disney trip to make up for it a few months later.
Thanks for joining in! I actually tried convincing myself not to go to Disney for the honeymoon (when I think of honeymoons, I think beaches and tropical settings) - but in the end we just couldn't resist the thought of a Disneymoon! I hate to hear your honeymoon didn't go as planned I'm definitely curious about what made it so bad!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #17
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm here :-) So excited to follow along!! I hope you sprinkle in lots of wedding details, too-- I'd love to hear about your plans!!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2010, 04:15 AM   #18
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

I'm here! Can't wait to see what your Disneymoon plans are..

we can plan together too.... just 364 days til our weddings now!

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #19
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Thanks for joining in! I actually tried convincing myself not to go to Disney for the honeymoon (when I think of honeymoons, I think beaches and tropical settings) - but in the end we just couldn't resist the thought of a Disneymoon! I hate to hear your honeymoon didn't go as planned I'm definitely curious about what made it so bad!
We went on a cruise to Bermuda that left from Boston in June. The waters were really rough and we both were queasy for 2 days. The boat was kinda cheesy, needed more entertainment and better food. It was just disappointing. I was ready to fly home from Bermuda and get off that ship. I guess, at least it's a good story!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:33 AM   #20
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I just went on my Disneymoon in May so it will be fun to follow along with someone planning theirs! We weren't originally going to go to Disney for our honeymoon either, but somehow, we ended up there!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #21
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Hi, I'm here :-) So excited to follow along!! I hope you sprinkle in lots of wedding details, too-- I'd love to hear about your plans!!
Yay! Glad to have you reading along again! I'll definitely be including some wedding related updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to see what your Disneymoon plans are..

we can plan together too.... just 364 days til our weddings now!

Emma x
I'm so glad you're here, Emma! And so excited we're going to be able to count down together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
We went on a cruise to Bermuda that left from Boston in June. The waters were really rough and we both were queasy for 2 days. The boat was kinda cheesy, needed more entertainment and better food. It was just disappointing. I was ready to fly home from Bermuda and get off that ship. I guess, at least it's a good story!
Yikes! I bet you were ready to leave! That would be terrible to be stuck on a boat while suffering from motion sickness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm in! I just went on my Disneymoon in May so it will be fun to follow along with someone planning theirs! We weren't originally going to go to Disney for our honeymoon either, but somehow, we ended up there!
It sounds like you're going to be a wealth of information, then! I have a hard time finding TR's and threads about Disneymoons here so I hope you can give me some first-hand knowledge about honeymooning in Disney!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #22
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

YAY, Courtney! A Disneymoon planning for me to live through during the next year while I have no trip planned! I'm so excited for you and Miguel!

I'm so excited for y'all, and I can't wait for the plans during the next year. Of course your wedding date is one month exactly after my own anniversary, so I think the 18th is a great day for a wedding!

I think I may have a guess for your resort choice for this trip!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #23
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
So glad you're here, Joyce! It's going to be fun planning our disneymoons together! I just wish mine was as close as yours! I feel next June will never get here!

Oooh, I wonder what your predictions are?
I'll let you know what they are when I see if I'm right or not...

My disneymoon might be closer, but it will be over sooner. How's that for a 'glass-half-full' outlook?
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #24
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
YAY, Courtney! A Disneymoon planning for me to live through during the next year while I have no trip planned! I'm so excited for you and Miguel!

I'm so excited for y'all, and I can't wait for the plans during the next year. Of course your wedding date is one month exactly after my own anniversary, so I think the 18th is a great day for a wedding!

I think I may have a guess for your resort choice for this trip!
Hey, Michelle! Im so excited to see you here! How neat that our anniversaries will be so close together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I'll let you know what they are when I see if I'm right or not...

My disneymoon might be closer, but it will be over sooner. How's that for a 'glass-half-full' outlook?
That's true - but at least we've both still got some exciting trip anticipation before we have to even think about it being over!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #25
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

ONE YEAR FROM TODAY…

As I mentioned in my intro post, yesterday marked exactly one year until our wedding! So that means, today is exactly one year from our Disneymoon! It still seems like forever away, but it also seems like just yesterday that Miguel and I got engaged (and that was nearly 6 months ago), so I know it will go by fast. (hopefully!)

In the meantime, I thought I would share a few things I’m looking forward to seeing, doing, and of course eating while on our Disneymoon – ONE YEAR FROM TODAY!!!

Yummy bread pudding at O’Hana’s will be a must!

I can’t wait to see Spectro again! I feel in love with this parade on our engagement celebration trip!

I’m excited to explore even more of WS!

Including stopping for one of these yummy treats!

I can’t wait to catch up with some old friends!

And to spend evenings seeing this...

And this!

Tomorrow I can officially say that our Disneymoon is officially less than a year away!

Old 06-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #26
amyrella
Mouseketeer

i'm here!! cant wait to read all about your plans for the wedding and disneymoon!!

ooohh i wonder where you are staying!
amyrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #27
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

OH wow! So neat I love your must do list! You know, we really wanted to explore more of WS this past trip (it is SO big--we didn't get past France in 08). It is amazing how much more you see when you go back again!

Happy one year mark
BippityBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #28
trinaweena
DIS Veteran

Hi! *waves* i just found your pre trippie and im looking foward to hearing all about it!!!
July 2009 Wilderness Lodge
July 2010 Animal Kindgdom Lodge
May 2012 1st cruise on the magic plus 4 days in WDW!
trinaweena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #29
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay for one year from your Disneymoon!

I know you want it to go by fast and just get here, but try to enjoy being engaged too! We were only engaged for 6 months, we got engaged on our November trip in 2009 and we got married May 1 of this year, and I rushed everything! Now I can't believe it's over and I barely had time to just enjoy the planning phase of it all!

Then again, it's hard not to want time to go by fast when you have a Disney trip planned!

Did you have dinner at Ohana's? What did you think of it? (Other than the bread pudding, of course! )

I love exploring WS, it's one of my favorite things to do in Disney!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #30
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Fabulous must-do's We weren't huge fans of Ohana, but that bread pudding was TDF!! It does have such a fun atmosphere-- perfect for your honeymoon! Do you have any other ADR's in mind??
Love Spectro/Wishes, and I agree-- the WS is so immense. It's hard to think of anyone really conquering it all, especially in one trip!! When we go, DBF likes to design new countries: "The NEXT one should be this, and it could look like this, with this kind of restaurant..."
You'll have a fabulous trip!! Are you guys planning on doing the bride/groom ears??
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: