Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #151
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

ITALY! OMG! I love Italy so much. Rome is my favorite city in the world! You are going to have the greatest time!!! Eat lots of gelato for me. When I was there last year I think I had it at least once a day...sometimes twice! I came home from that trip 2lbs heavier. My diet consisted of gelato, bread, pizza, and macaroni. Yummyyyy!!!

And that luggage is fabulous. I love the purple!
alliebelle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #152
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
That is so exciting that you are going to Italy! Do your best to stay cool, my DBIL and DSIL were in Greece for their honeymoon (well on Santorini) and they said it was around 110 degrees during the day!
Thanks for the tip about the weather! Wow! 110 degrees?! We're going to be doing lots of tours, so we'll be walking a lot. I figure this might be good practice for Disney next June since we've been going during times that aren't so hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
ITALY! OMG! I love Italy so much. Rome is my favorite city in the world! You are going to have the greatest time!!! Eat lots of gelato for me. When I was there last year I think I had it at least once a day...sometimes twice! I came home from that trip 2lbs heavier. My diet consisted of gelato, bread, pizza, and macaroni. Yummyyyy!!!

And that luggage is fabulous. I love the purple!
I'm definitely the most excited about Rome! Your Italy diet sounds amazing! I think I could be fine living off of that for 2 weeks!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #153
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

I think that I'm going to make a journal for when we are there and then turn it into a TRand post corresponding pictures, when we get back!
We are so excited!!!! My DS has his birthday in 4 days, and one of his early bday gifts he recieved in the mail from famiy was a Mickey and a Donald stuffed and wearing gear like they're ready for an adventure! He loves them and carries them around everywhere I think he is ready to go too!!!

AND Have Fun in Italy!!! I have always wanted to go there! I look forward to seeing all the pictures And great luggage choice! They look so cute
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Last edited by Mrs T 2009; 07-05-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: taking piece out- unwanted.
Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #154
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
I think that I'm going to make a journal for when we are there and then turn it into a TR when we get back!
We are so excited!!!!

AND Have Fun in Italy!!! I have always wanted to go there! I look forward to seeing all the pictures And great luggage choice! They look so cute
Yay! I'm glad to hear there's going to be a TR! I think I'm going to do a trip journal too. I love TR's with lot's of details so I want to be able to include them in mine too!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #155
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

A LITTLE SHOE DISCUSSION...

I love shoes, but when it comes to Disney, it is quite possibly the most aggravating subject for me each time. I have the hardest time deciding on outfits for my Disney trips because of the shoe factor. Really, I LOVE shoes – you don’t want to know how many pair I own. But, more often than not, cute shoes (like the ones I want to wear) spell disaster after miles of walking at the world. On our last trip, I wore a pair of black Ecco walking shoes. Not the most fashionable, but not terrible either. Also, we just about froze on that trip so we wore jeans anyways, and the shoes looked fine with jeans.

However, our Disneymoon is going to be in June and is going to be hot hot hot – so I would really like to wear some shorts or capris. The problem – I cannot wear shorts or capris with my Ecco walking shoes! (Well, I can…I just prefer not to)

My trip to Italy is presenting the same problem as Disney – hot weather and lots of walking – what shoes do I wear?!

Which brings me to the topic of flip flops. Flops and I have a love, hate relationship. I would love to wear them, but they hate me when I do (and I end up hating them). I have zero arch in my feet and therefore need a lot of arch support to keep my feet happy. Flip flops, obviously tend to not provide the necessary arch support.

But, I haven’t given up hope yet. I’ve been doing lots of flip flop research here and I constantly come up with the same pair: Teva Mush. It seems like a lot of DISers wear these in the parks and love them. So, I’ve decided to give them a try! I ordered them online this weekend so they should be coming in soon! Here’s the pair I chose. I thought it would be a nice, basic pair that will go with almost anything.

I read that these require some breaking in, so I’m planning on wearing them around the house each night for the next couple of weeks, and then trying them out on a shopping day or something to see how my feet hold up. If they seem to be comfortable, I take them to Italy and try them out there! If they make it though Italy I should be good for Disney! And if they don’t work, I guess it’s back to the drawing board.

Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions about park shoes I would love to hear them! I feel like I will forever be on the park shoe search and would love to hear what you all wear – be it good or bad!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #156
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I had horrible horrible HORRIBLE blister problems in May '09 so I worry about my footwear constantly.

I'm with you too on the certain shoes don't go with capris/shorts.

All that being said, I've bought 2 pairs of the Teva Mush and I love them. They are so comfy, I can wear them all day long and they don't bother my feet at all. I'm bringing them in September along with my sneakers but I'm really hoping I can wear them all the time in the parks.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #157
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I had horrible horrible HORRIBLE blister problems in May '09 so I worry about my footwear constantly.

I'm with you too on the certain shoes don't go with capris/shorts.

All that being said, I've bought 2 pairs of the Teva Mush and I love them. They are so comfy, I can wear them all day long and they don't bother my feet at all. I'm bringing them in September along with my sneakers but I'm really hoping I can wear them all the time in the parks.
After my January trip my feet were covered in blisters too! I can't wait to see how your Teva's hold up for your September trip. I so hope that when mine come in I end up liking them. If I could find a wearable flip flop, I would have such an easier time deciding what to wear in the parks!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #158
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the Teva Mush flip flops, I would never consider wearing other flip flops in the parks! I have the black ones that are in your picture, and I have a pair of green and white ones. I will probably get another pair for my November trip! And I don't think you have to break them in at all, they're pretty much good from the minute you put them on!

And I know some people don't like them...but I love my crocs for the parks! They have to be the classic crocs though...no mary janes (learned my lesson the hard way on my 08 trip, my feet were covered in blisters!), no Beach style! I know they're not the cutest shoes, but they're comfy! I'm a big believer in alternating shoes at WDW, I think that's why I don't get blisters anymore, I'm constantly switching between the flip flops and the crocs. I even had my Uggs in rotation last November for parks at night!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #159
Dug-says-HI-THERE!
SQUIRREL !!!!

I don't know your shoe history, but have you ever tried Croc sandals? I swear by my Crocs during my Winter trips to WDW, and I only wear flip flops and sandals during the summer. I go a pair of Croc ATHENS a few summers ago, and fell in LOVE with them....they have the traditional Croc footbed, which works well with my flat-no arch feet. But I'm hoping to buy a pair of the new FLIP style to have for our summer trip in 2011. Let us know how the TEVA'S work for you....I am interested in any comfortable shoe recommendations!!

My next DISNEY adventure: UNKNOWN, cause we're EXPECTING!! APRIL 2011
1996 - WL:2000 - BWV:2001 - OKW:2005 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite):2005 - POFQ:Dec 2007 - BWV
Our DVC Home:
Dug-says-HI-THERE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #160
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I LOVE the Teva Mush flip flops, I would never consider wearing other flip flops in the parks! I have the black ones that are in your picture, and I have a pair of green and white ones. I will probably get another pair for my November trip! And I don't think you have to break them in at all, they're pretty much good from the minute you put them on!

And I know some people don't like them...but I love my crocs for the parks! They have to be the classic crocs though...no mary janes (learned my lesson the hard way on my 08 trip, my feet were covered in blisters!), no Beach style! I know they're not the cutest shoes, but they're comfy! I'm a big believer in alternating shoes at WDW, I think that's why I don't get blisters anymore, I'm constantly switching between the flip flops and the crocs. I even had my Uggs in rotation last November for parks at night!
I'm glad to know the Tevas work out well for you! They seem to be the flip flop of choice here. And I'm glad they don't have to be broken in either!

Crocs are another shoe that I read about a lot here. It seems like people either love them or hate them in the way of causing blisters. They're probably worth a shot though - I'm definitely open to trying any kind of shoe I can!

Good point about rotating out shoes! I'll have to try that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug-says-HI-THERE! View Post
I don't know your shoe history, but have you ever tried Croc sandals? I swear by my Crocs during my Winter trips to WDW, and I only wear flip flops and sandals during the summer. I go a pair of Croc ATHENS a few summers ago, and fell in LOVE with them....they have the traditional Croc footbed, which works well with my flat-no arch feet. But I'm hoping to buy a pair of the new FLIP style to have for our summer trip in 2011. Let us know how the TEVA'S work for you....I am interested in any comfortable shoe recommendations!!
I've never tried Crocs of any kind but I think I might have to! It's good to know they work well for your feet since they're flat like mine! That's definitely my biggest concern - I just need some arch support so my feet don't ache so much.

I'll definitely do a post once the Teva's come in! Hopefully I will have good news to report!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #161
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

I cannot wear flip-flops. I hate having anything between my toes. The only thing I wear in the parks are my Minnie Jane Crocs! I LOVE them!!! They are soo comfy and I've never had a problem with blisters, swelling, etc. AND they are great in rainy weather b/c they dry so quickly!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #162
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I've heard only great things about the Teva Mush.
I always wear Reefs in the park, Seasides, the ones with the slightly thicker strap. The Ginger, the thinner strapped kind, is okay for everyday use, but not for the intensity of WDW.
I have extremely high arches and need a lot of support-- and my mom has the same foot type as you. However, we both find the Reef's super comfortable. She wears hers all summer long.
Just in case the Teva's aren't your thing, definitely check out the Reef's!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #163
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I completely agree with you about finding shoes that look good with your outfits. Whenever we take so many pics in Disney, it is important to look good. And you just can't put on a pair of tennis shoes with a cute dress!

I have worn Tevas and been very happy with them. The ones I wear have a smaller strap though. Last May, I wore a pair of Sanuks. You can't imagine how comfortable they are. They are made of yoga mat and are incredibly comfy. It'd be worth it to at least check them out. I've had a lot of friends buy pairs after trying mine on.

I also got a lot of use out of a pair of flip flops I bought in the Poly gift shop. I'm one of those people that walk in shoes a long time so that they are worn in by the trip, so it really surprised me that they were so comfortable for walking so many miles!

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Princess_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #164
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I can't give you shoe advice because I haven't yet found what works for me on Disney... I always end up with sore feet at some point during the trip.
I have really flat feet as well and I know how hard it can be to find cute shoes that give support!

I'll be interested to hear how the Teva Mush holds up for you in Italy. The pair you picked look great and should work with summer clothes!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #165
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Hi! I've seen you post on some other PTRs and had to make my way over to yours!

FANTASTIC wedding date! My anniversary is June 14 (2008), so practically the same weekend.

I love your venue! We had a restored ballroom/church in downtown Dallas that has a lot of the same coloring/features. I'm such an antique-look person, too.

We also went to WDW on our honeymoon, so I'll be happy to share any experiences! I think the GF Spa sounds great! I had a custom cake made at the Contemporary by Brian. He was beyond great to work with and we LOVED our cake! (I don't have any pictures on here but would share them via email! Definitely go check out the cake thread, too.)

Looking forward to more!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: