DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:43 AM   #106
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

(Just keeping up . . . keep posting!)

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 06-22-2010, 06:20 AM   #107
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Great pics everybody! Going to make Tues a nice day for sure. Hope everybody has a great one!!

Im off to eat one of Tammys Paula Deen recipe blueberry muffins. They smell really good!!
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #108
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
Wow! A new thread! Eliza what a wonderful start! Welcome to all of the new groupies! Just returned from the world. The week flew by! BLT is a beautiful and convenient resort, very modern and great layout in the 2 BR! The weather was the hottest in 116 years! It put a cramp in our park time, but we stuck around the resorts. Had an incredible massage at GF, attended the member open house at top of the world lounge (gorgeous!) and got to be on the expert panel! Also spent some time visiting my guide. Had an amazing dinner at California Grill. Anyone ever have hawaiin white tuna? Yum! Visited our beloved lodge. My family LOVES the wings at territory lounge! Saw the electrical parade and new fireworks show. Both great. Will post photos later.
Welcome back blossomz! Sounds like you had a great trip & did lots of fun things despite the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Hey HL and Kathy, when we went to see Toy Story 3 they showed the trailer for Secretariat. It looks like it will be a good movie. DD and I are looking forward to seeing it.
I saw that Secretariat trailer the last time I went to the movies. It looks really good & I'm looking forward to seeing it. We're heading out to see TS3 today! From the little I've heard (on purpose) I better bring my tissues! Will report back later.

Have a good day all.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #109
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I know about purchasing the few extra points from Disney directly but we are short more than that and my Dad insists on paying for the extra and won't let me borrow. Glad to hear that the ressies can be linked.

Kathy - prayers for your family!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #110
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post
Yes, I know about purchasing the few extra points from Disney directly but we are short more than that and my Dad insists on paying for the extra and won't let me borrow.
Aren't Dads just the best?

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 06-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #111
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Pssst. 167 days to go. This is just between me and you.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #112
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I know about purchasing the few extra points from Disney directly but we are short more than that and my Dad insists on paying for the extra and won't let me borrow. Glad to hear that the ressies can be linked.

Kathy - prayers for your family!
Thanks Nicole!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #113
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Aren't Dads just the best?
Yes they are

It's a scorcher here today in WI. Debating about turning the A/C on in the house.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #114
Good Ol Gal
A Longhorn living in Buckeye Country who wants to live in SSR
I love hanging out with my family
My Snow Plowin' Grass Cuttin' Neighbor hates me!

Location: OH-IO ~~ but you can find me in the Land of the LAST~~

we tried BWV for the first time this trip, Boardwalk view, instead of our beloved VWL.

While it was a neat experience, we MISSED Wilderness Lodge and this visit reconfirmed our love for the resort.

We've tried all the DVC resorts, not including BLT, and DH and I both said that we don't want to stay anywhere else when at WDW.

Can't wait for our Christmas visit!

Upcoming trip: AKL/BLT/ VWL March '14
Completed trips: BLT/ VWL/Hilton Head March '13, BTL/VWL Mar 12, Vero June 11, VWL Mar 11, SSR/VWL/BCV March '11, Vero & Boardwalk June '10, VWL & Vero Beach June '09, VWL Christmas '08, VWL Jul 08; POR / AKV / VWL Nov 07; BCV / VWL June 07; POR / OKW Dec 06; SSR Dec 05; SSR Dec 04 *first DVC trip*; FWC Feb 04

I've eaten at 103 out of 223 restaurants at Walt Disney World (46%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 86 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (65%)
I've eaten at 30 out of 71 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (42%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

Old 06-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #115
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Welcome back Blossomz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Wow - start a new thread and they will come!!! I'm going to be a lazy groupie but want to offer up a great big Welcome to all the "newbies"!

Mom and I returned from MN yesterday. It was one of those weeks that was filled with good and bad. DM's Dr. says it really might be time for her to get off pills and go to insulin. He got an adamant no on that one. I believe stubborness may have been mentioned. Then we learned that my DBIL has colon cancer and will be having it removed this Wed. Prognosis sounds good at this time so fingers are crossed. And, a day after that his and my DSis's middle child had a surgical procedure done b/c of suspected cancer. Test results are not back on that yet but the poor girl is only 29. Lots of pixie dust and prayers are needed here.

On a not so important note yesterday I learned that our bank we used for our business was closed down on Fri by the FDIC. Still trying to figure out how that's going to go.

It all made me wary of getting up this morning! I'm glad I came here and got to see all the beautiful pictures!!!

Ok - off to talk to some bank in OR that now has our money.

Yes, reservations can be linked between different owner's accounts. The reservation needs to be set up exactly the same on both down to the order of the guests, addresses etc so it can take some coordination.
Oh Kat4, many prayers for your family. That is a lot to handle. Let me know if you want me to put you on the first page.

Scary about the bank situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Pssst. 167 days to go. This is just between me and you.
That's me, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ol Gal View Post
we tried BWV for the first time this trip, Boardwalk view, instead of our beloved VWL.

While it was a neat experience, we MISSED Wilderness Lodge and this visit reconfirmed our love for the resort.

We've tried all the DVC resorts, not including BLT, and DH and I both said that we don't want to stay anywhere else when at WDW.

Can't wait for our Christmas visit!
Everybody together...there's no place like home......there's no place like home......there's no place like home......

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #116
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
How did you like Toy Story 3? I've heard it's a real tear jerker. I finally saw Toy Story a couple weeks ago and loved it. Now I have to see #2 and then decide if I'm going to drag DH to #3 or take it in solo.
Oh yeah we were both crying! It is a great movie. Just as good as the other ones in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Haven't seen TS3 yet, but the first two rank highly in terms of favorite movies to watch. DD saw TS3 the day it opened, but she hadn't seen the original nor the first sequel. So, when she stayed with me over the weekend, we watched them. Between watching those two flicks, teaching her how to drive a riding mower (albeit on my lap), going fishing, and cooking dinner together (she makes a mean spaghetti sauce), it was a most wonderful Father's Day weekend.

And. I'm looking forward to getting down to VWL in a few months. . .
Sounds like you had a great day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Welcome back blossomz! Sounds like you had a great trip & did lots of fun things despite the heat.

I saw that Secretariat trailer the last time I went to the movies. It looks really good & I'm looking forward to seeing it. We're heading out to see TS3 today! From the little I've heard (on purpose) I better bring my tissues! Will report back later.

Have a good day all.
Let us know what you think!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #117
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Hey Muushka, this is hard for me to say but we may make a non-WDW trip in December. We would stay at the Portofino and do Universal. We haven't been there in about 15 years but the Harry Potter thing is calling us. Anyway is there a date set yet for a groupie meet? I told DH that I would still have to get to the Lodge to see the decorations and meet up with the groupies if possible. Also if anyone has stayed at the Portofino and can give me info on it please PM me.
We are also considering a couple of days at Vero Beach.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #118
Muushka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Hey Muushka, this is hard for me to say but we may make a non-WDW trip in December. We would stay at the Portofino and do Universal. We haven't been there in about 15 years but the Harry Potter thing is calling us. Anyway is there a date set yet for a groupie meet? I told DH that I would still have to get to the Lodge to see the decorations and meet up with the groupies if possible. Also if anyone has stayed at the Portofino and can give me info on it please PM me.
We are also considering a couple of days at Vero Beach.
We love Portifino! What a beautiful hotel it is, you will probably love it (well, not as much as VWL ).

If you have any specific questions, PM me. We stayed there many moons ago (10 years or so) but I don't imagine too much changed.

We need to start thinking about what day a meet would be good.

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 06-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #119
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
That's me, right?
Pssst, yes.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #120
Muushka

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Pssst, yes.

~Remember 9/11/2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: