DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #91
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

The pictures are wonderful!!

Can't wait!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #92
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

Love all the pictures this Monday morning! Really wish I was going to the Lodge sooner than next May!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #93
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

Figured it was easiest to ask this here than start a thread somewhere else.

For our upcoming trip, I will be short on points for one or two of the nights. My parents are traveling with us and my Dad either will pay cash for those nights or we thought about renting through Dave's rental site.

If we rent for 2 of the 7 nights, can we have that linked to the reservation I make with my points so we don't have to switch rooms? I've never rented any points before.

Otherwise I'll be looking for a point transfer or try for the cash discount.

Thanks!

Old 06-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #94
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post

For our upcoming trip, I will be short on points for one or two of the nights. My parents are traveling with us and my Dad either will pay cash for those nights or we thought about renting through Dave's rental site.

If we rent for 2 of the 7 nights, can we have that linked to the reservation I make with my points so we don't have to switch rooms? I've never rented any points before.

Thanks!
I don't know how many points short you are, but did you know that you can purchase "one time" points from Disney at $15 per point up to I think it's 24 points, just for cases like this.
Alison ~~~~ Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:55 PM   #95
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I don't know how many points short you are, but did you know that you can purchase "one time" points from Disney at $15 per point up to I think it's 24 points, just for cases like this.

Nicoal - I agree with franandaj. If you're just a few points short I'd just do the one time purchase from DVC direct. Seems like that would be the easiest option. You'll pay $13/pp through David's site. Not sure if you can link a rental ressie to a ressie you made yourself with your own points.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #96
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Wow - start a new thread and they will come!!! I'm going to be a lazy groupie but want to offer up a great big Welcome to all the "newbies"!

Mom and I returned from MN yesterday. It was one of those weeks that was filled with good and bad. DM's Dr. says it really might be time for her to get off pills and go to insulin. He got an adamant no on that one. I believe stubborness may have been mentioned. Then we learned that my DBIL has colon cancer and will be having it removed this Wed. Prognosis sounds good at this time so fingers are crossed. And, a day after that his and my DSis's middle child had a surgical procedure done b/c of suspected cancer. Test results are not back on that yet but the poor girl is only 29. Lots of pixie dust and prayers are needed here.

On a not so important note yesterday I learned that our bank we used for our business was closed down on Fri by the FDIC. Still trying to figure out how that's going to go.

It all made me wary of getting up this morning! I'm glad I came here and got to see all the beautiful pictures!!!

Ok - off to talk to some bank in OR that now has our money.

Quote:

Thanks!
Yes, reservations can be linked between different owner's accounts. The reservation needs to be set up exactly the same on both down to the order of the guests, addresses etc so it can take some coordination.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #97
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Wow - start a new thread and they will come!!! I'm going to be a lazy groupie but want to offer up a great big Welcome to all the "newbies"!

Mom and I returned from MN yesterday. It was one of those weeks that was filled with good and bad. DM's Dr. says it really might be time for her to get off pills and go to insulin. He got an adamant no on that one. I believe stubborness may have been mentioned. Then we learned that my DBIL has colon cancer and will be having it removed this Wed. Prognosis sounds good at this time so fingers are crossed. And, a day after that his and my DSis's middle child had a surgical procedure done b/c of suspected cancer. Test results are not back on that yet but the poor girl is only 29. Lots of pixie dust and prayers are needed here.

On a not so important note yesterday I learned that our bank we used for our business was closed down on Fri by the FDIC. Still trying to figure out how that's going to go.

It all made me wary of getting up this morning! I'm glad I came here and got to see all the beautiful pictures!!!

Hope everyone will be okay! Lots of moose dust coming your way.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #98
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post

Lots of moose dust & prayers coming your way.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #99
KAT4DISNEY
1st trip Disneyland 1969

Thanks DLI and HL!!

Old 06-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #100
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Wow! A new thread! Eliza what a wonderful start! Welcome to all of the new groupies! Just returned from the world. The week flew by! BLT is a beautiful and convenient resort, very modern and great layout in the 2 BR! The weather was the hottest in 116 years! It put a cramp in our park time, but we stuck around the resorts. Had an incredible massage at GF, attended the member open house at top of the world lounge (gorgeous!) and got to be on the expert panel! Also spent some time visiting my guide. Had an amazing dinner at California Grill. Anyone ever have hawaiin white tuna? Yum! Visited our beloved lodge. My family LOVES the wings at territory lounge! Saw the electrical parade and new fireworks show. Both great. Will post photos later.

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR, 6/00, 8/02 WL, 07/03, 2/11 BCV 7/04, 2/11 VB, 7/04, 7/05, 6/06, 7/07, 2/11 VWL, 7/07, 04/08, 2/11 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV, 12/08, 6/11, 6/12 Poly, 6/09 Kidani Wonder 6/09, 6/10, BLT 6/10, 3/13, Dream 2/11,9/12, 1/13,3/13 SSR 8/11, OKW 4/12 THV 2/13, 9/13.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #101
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
Wow! A new thread! Eliza what a wonderful start! Welcome to all of the new groupies! Just returned from the world. The week flew by! BLT is a beautiful and convenient resort, very modern and great layout in the 2 BR! The weather was the hottest in 116 years! It put a cramp in our park time, but we stuck around the resorts. Had an incredible massage at GF, attended the member open house at top of the world lounge (gorgeous!) and got to be on the expert panel! Also spent some time visiting my guide. Had an amazing dinner at California Grill. Anyone ever have hawaiin white tuna? Yum! Visited our beloved lodge. My family LOVES the wings at territory lounge! Saw the electrical parade and new fireworks show. Both great. Will post photos later.
Welcome back Blossomz! We attended that open house too. We were not on the panel though! We didn't win a thing! Liked the pins etc. And really liked the fastpasses!!!! If not for them we would never have been able to ride TSM. Oh and my DD went gaga over the cheesecake on a stick! Glad you had a good time even with the heat being so bad. It was hot enough when we were there.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #102
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Ooh! How could I forget to mention those yummy treats! Also texxted with Corinne but we didn't get to meet.

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR, 6/00, 8/02 WL, 07/03, 2/11 BCV 7/04, 2/11 VB, 7/04, 7/05, 6/06, 7/07, 2/11 VWL, 7/07, 04/08, 2/11 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV, 12/08, 6/11, 6/12 Poly, 6/09 Kidani Wonder 6/09, 6/10, BLT 6/10, 3/13, Dream 2/11,9/12, 1/13,3/13 SSR 8/11, OKW 4/12 THV 2/13, 9/13.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #103
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Hey HL and Kathy, when we went to see Toy Story 3 they showed the trailer for Secretariat. It looks like it will be a good movie. DD and I are looking forward to seeing it.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:41 AM   #104
KAT4DISNEY
1st trip Disneyland 1969

Welcome back Blossomz! Looking forward to the pictures. Sounds like it was a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Oh and my DD went gaga over the cheesecake on a stick!
Oh yes - those were yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Hey HL and Kathy, when we went to see Toy Story 3 they showed the trailer for Secretariat. It looks like it will be a good movie. DD and I are looking forward to seeing it.
A movie on Secretariat? I totally missed that! Thanks for the heads up and we'll anxiously wait for it to come out. Looks like a lot of actors I like too. Yay!!

How did you like Toy Story 3? I've heard it's a real tear jerker. I finally saw Toy Story a couple weeks ago and loved it. Now I have to see #2 and then decide if I'm going to drag DH to #3 or take it in solo.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:22 AM   #105
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Haven't seen TS3 yet, but the first two rank highly in terms of favorite movies to watch. DD saw TS3 the day it opened, but she hadn't seen the original nor the first sequel. So, when she stayed with me over the weekend, we watched them. Between watching those two flicks, teaching her how to drive a riding mower (albeit on my lap), going fishing, and cooking dinner together (she makes a mean spaghetti sauce), it was a most wonderful Father's Day weekend.

And. I'm looking forward to getting down to VWL in a few months. . .

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: