DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #811
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Every once in a while before I leave for work in the wee hours, I am going to turn the air off . . . . .

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 08-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #812
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
We will keep your DW's dad and you all in our prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Wow, when it rains, it pours. I feel bad thinking of him on the floor all night in pain and I'm not a relative! Your wife must feel horrible that she wasn't there to help. Prayers for all of you are on their way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Christopher

Prayers being sent upward for your FIL, your DW and your entire family as you deal with this. My folks are near his age and we have to become like the parents at times to remind them to do as they need to stay well. I pray that God eases his pain and guides the caregivers hands with His in giving the proper care that he needs at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Stopher...prayers and best wishes to your wife, FIL and family as they go through this challenging time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Prayers on the way Stopher, keep us updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Stopher, what a sad story. Prayers said for your FIL. I hope that he heals quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Every summer, DDad likes to have an outdoor project, whether it be a new garden, walkway or something to improve the everyday outdoor maintenance. As many of you know, our daughter is an ordained American Baptist pastor - as is her husband.

While in seminary, she asked her dad to build her a 'prayer garden'. Well our air went out yesterday and it was just too dang hot to stay in bed this morning, so I found myself in the prayer garden....
There in the quiet and solitude, while listening to God's earth wake up around me I talked with God and thanked him for my many blessings.
I also asked that he give comfort to Norms family and friends as they now face life without him.
Peace for Stophers wife being so very far away and feeling so helpless while her father faces recovery and is unable to care for himself. And for Stopher, strength as he shoulders and supports his wife through this difficult and uncertain time.
JT, our daughter was a preemie, born 5 wks prematurely, and while she has significant health difficulties, she is now a married, almost 30 year old young woman enjoying every moment life has to offer. There is strength in family! Having been where your SIL is, thank you for your help to ease this burden. Prayers also for you and your family and extended family as they welcome this beautiful gift from God into their lives. But most importantly, for baby Tessa's daddy so very far away, I asked God to bring calmness to his soul and know that his family 'back home' has circled the wagons and are supporting his family the way he would if he could.

It seems we Groupies have many concerns on our hearts these past few days. all around! Supporting one another is what we do best.

Thanks all. No news yet today. DW spoke with her mom on the phone this morning, but no updates from her bro or dad yet.

Di - that was beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
Every once in a while before I leave for work in the wee hours, I am going to turn the air off . . . . .

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #813
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Thanks all. No news yet today. DW spoke with her mom on the phone this morning, but no updates from her bro or dad yet.

Ok, so I do have an update now. DW, who is the 3rd of 4 kids (she has an older sister, then her older brother who is helping their dad right now, and a younger brother) - anyway, DW spoke with her dad directly this morning. He actually got a decent night's sleep, which is a good thing. But he's been in the hospital bed with strict orders not to move. He said he can't roll over without a lot of pain anyway, so that really wasn't too hard for him to do all night. The best part, he said, is that he actually ate breakfast. He hasn't done that in weeks apparently, having lost 25 lbs in the past 5 weeks.

And the the fall that I detailed in my original post wasn't his first, either. He told her the day before calling her brother, he had fallen off the couch as he was trying to get up. He was able to get himself up off the floor, but it took him a good hour to do so. He suspects that might be when he actually fractured or broke the vertabrae, not no way to know for certain. It might also have been last week when he was trying to get a box off the shelf in his closet and it fell on him.

At noon PDT, he'll be having an MRI to review his bone density. He told the doctors about breaking his toe 6 or 7 months ago, and so they are questioning several areas as to why he would break his vertebrae, and not wanting to rule anything out prematurely.

He'll be staying in the hospital again tonight and my BIL will be getting his stuff and moving into my FIL's condo to be there to help him out when he is released. (He's been staying at his other sister's house for a while, and their cousin's place for a while - so moving in to take care of dad is not that hard for him). My SIL is currently in Hawaii and won't be back until early next week, but then she'll be able to get down to his place and check on him as well.

The really sad thing about this however, was when my DW left a message for her other brother, the younger one, who lives just about 15-20 mins from their dad. He (and his wife) and dad have been extremely estranged for a year or more now, and he basically could care less. It's very sad. Even my MIL is in shock that something like this hasn't broken her son's pride and resolve to at least CHECK on his dad. Nope. Nada. Texted back not to bother him. Just go and add insult to the injury there. DW was crying when she showed me that text, and was horrified at her younger brother's lack of compassion. We suspect that this estrangement has only added to dad's physical pain over the past year as his stress-levels have risen constantly anytime her younger brother is even mentioned in conversation.

He's definitely fallen into a kind of depression because oh yeah - my SIL has been going through a very bitter separation for the past 9 months that is headed for divorce; which followed his own 2nd divorce in February of this year. SO yeah - not a whole lot of happy news going on in DW's family right now...

BUT... thanks for the prayers for his physical well being so far. I truly do appreciate it. He's a special guy, and not one we want to lose yet.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!

Last edited by stopher1; 08-12-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #814
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Good morning all!

Update

Baby girl, Tessa, was born at 4:51am. She was a little over 5 lbs. Her sugar is low(not sure what that means) and they are monitoring her for that. Natalies BP is still high.

Thanks again for all your prayers as well as your continued prayers and support.
Woo hoo!! Hopefully the blood sugar issues and BP will all start to normalize soon.

We just had a great visit from my nephew who was also a preemie. Born a little over 7 weeks early and in the 4 lb. range. He had to spend a few weeks in the hospital and went thru many of the issues that occur with premature babies. And - no issues since! He's 21 now, an outstanding young man learning his way in the world, and we had a great time visiting, hiking and horseback riding while he was here. We were sorry to see him leave.

Stopher - so sorry to hear about what your family and DW are going thru with her father. So much of it - including the brother issues - mirror what we've had happen in the past few years. I'll be thinking of you all.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #815
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Every summer, DDad likes to have an outdoor project, whether it be a new garden, walkway or something to improve the everyday outdoor maintenance. As many of you know, our daughter is an ordained American Baptist pastor - as is her husband.

While in seminary, she asked her dad to build her a 'prayer garden'. Well our air went out yesterday and it was just too dang hot to stay in bed this morning, so I found myself in the prayer garden....
There in the quiet and solitude, while listening to God's earth wake up around me I talked with God and thanked him for my many blessings.
I also asked that he give comfort to Norms family and friends as they now face life without him.
Peace for Stophers wife being so very far away and feeling so helpless while her father faces recovery and is unable to care for himself. And for Stopher, strength as he shoulders and supports his wife through this difficult and uncertain time.
JT, our daughter was a preemie, born 5 wks prematurely, and while she has significant health difficulties, she is now a married, almost 30 year old young woman enjoying every moment life has to offer. There is strength in family! Having been where your SIL is, thank you for your help to ease this burden. Prayers also for you and your family and extended family as they welcome this beautiful gift from God into their lives. But most importantly, for baby Tessa's daddy so very far away, I asked God to bring calmness to his soul and know that his family 'back home' has circled the wagons and are supporting his family the way he would if he could.

It seems we Groupies have many concerns on our hearts these past few days. all around! Supporting one another is what we do best.
Just beautiful, thank you.

Quote:
Thank you too!

Stopher, thank you for the update. Your FIL will continue to be in our prayers.

Update on my friend Sue. She just called me. Wake/memorial is tonight and she and her daughter are wanting to book a cruise. That is my area of expertise. Alaska is not looking good, hopefully I can talk her into palm trees and turquoise blue water. Fingers crossed.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.

Last edited by Muushka; 08-12-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #816
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thin crust?! No, not me. I like it thick, bread-y and dough-y! Yummmmm
Chicago deep dish is my favorite though is pretty difficult to find in Ohio.
I like the thick crust too so your aren't alone!

Quote:
Good morning all!

Update

Baby girl, Tessa, was born at 4:51am. She was a little over 5 lbs. Her sugar is low(not sure what that means) and they are monitoring her for that. Natalies BP is still high.

Thanks again for all your prayers as well as your continued prayers and support.
Welcome Tessa! Hope she and Mom will continue to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
I saw this while skimming another forum. Evidently Donald has been a bad boy.

The Smoking Gun website has revealed court documents detailing a claim by a PA woman, April Magolon, who claims her breast was groped by Donald Duck during a visit to Epcot back in 2008. Click here to see the official papers for yourself. The suit alleges that the supposed incident caused Magolon to have ongoing "injuries" such as severe pain, mental anxiety, anguish, and physical problems ranging from nausea and digestive problems to headaches and cold sweats. She even relieves the terror of Donald's touch in flashbacks and nightmares. She is, of course, seeking a large monetary judgment to compensate her for her present and future suffering.

http://******************/x-2200-Orlan...by-Donald-Duck

I apologize if it's a bit "racier" than we normally have but we need a laugh.
Oh my. What won't people try.

Quote:
Ok, so I do have an update now. DW, who is the 3rd of 4 kids (she has an older sister, then her older brother who is helping their dad right now, and a younger brother) - anyway, DW spoke with her dad directly this morning. He actually got a decent night's sleep, which is a good thing. But he's been in the hospital bed with strict orders not to move. He said he can't roll over without a lot of pain anyway, so that really wasn't too hard for him to do all night. The best part, he said, is that he actually ate breakfast. He hasn't done that in weeks apparently, having lost 25 lbs in the past 5 weeks.

And the the fall that I detailed in my original post wasn't his first, either. He told her the day before calling her brother, he had falled off the couch as he was trying to get up. He was able to get himself up off the floor, but it took him a good hour to do so. He suspects that might be when he actually fractured or broke the vertabrae, not no way to know for certain. It might also have been last week when he was trying to get a box off the shelf in his closet and it fell on him.

At noon PDT, he'll be having an MRI to review his bone density. He told the doctors about breaking his toe 6 or 7 months ago, and so they are questioning several areas as to why he would break his vertebrae, and not wanting to rule anything out prematurely.

He'll be staying in the hospital again tonight and my BIL will be getting his stuff and moving into my FIL's condo to be there to help him out when he is released. (He's been staying at his other sister's house for a while, and their cousin's place for a while - so moving in to take care of dad is not that hard for him). My SIL is currently in Hawaii and won't be back until early next week, but then she'll be able to get down to his place and check on him as well.

The really sad thing about this however, was when my DW left a message for her other brother, the younger one, who lives just about 15-20 mins from their dad. He (and his wife) and dad have been extremely estranged for a year or more now, and he basically could care less. It's very sad. Even my MIL is in shock that something like this hasn't broken her son's pride and resolve to at least CHECK on his dad. Nope. Nada. Texted back not to bother him. Just go and add insult to the injury there. DW was crying when she showed me that text, and was horrified at her younger brother's lack of compassion. We suspect that this estrangement has only added to dad's physical pain over the past year as his stress-levels have risen constantly anytime her younger brother is even mentioned in conversation.

He's definitely fallen into a kind of depression because oh yeah - my SIL has been going through a very bitter separation for the past 9 months that is headed for divorce; which followed his own 2nd divorce in February of this year. SO yeah - not a whole lot of happy news going on in DW's family right now...

BUT... thanks for the prayers for his physical well being so far. I truly do appreciate it. He's a special guy, and not one we want to lose yet.
Stopher so sorry to hear what your wife and her family are going through. What a shame that her brother is being so stubborn. My prayers are with them.

DiznyDi that was a beautiful post.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #817
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Stopher

I will pray that things improve as far as family relations go, and that your FIL continue his path to a quick recovery, as well as prayers for you and your DW as you deal with all that is at hand before you. May God grant you peace through it all.

Di

Now I want a prayer garden. How beautiful to share all our troubles with our Lord in such a peaceful spot. It gives me chills because I know He was there in your presence. I have had that presence myself, and it is special!

Update

Natalie and baby are doing fine, still being monitored. Tammy is hanging in there with the kids. I feel so fortunate that God blessed me with such a wonderful and caring wife and mother. And her brother is coming home!!!! It was a loophole, he will be here Tues til the 5th of Sept.
I cant say how much it means that you folks have prayed for this situation. I sit here in tears, not sad, but happy I have so many friends who truly care. To be blessed is to have wonderful people in your life, like you folks.

Eliza

Thanks for the laughs...I agree, things have been sad around here, so thanks for the pick me up
Old 08-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #818
DaveH
DIS Veteran

Di

The only thing I can think to say is AMEN.

JT

Great to hear things are doing well and he is on his way home.

On a personal note, we may need a sweater, the temp is 73 right now. This year we have been hotter than Orlando alot. Oh well.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #819
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We will lift your Mom, you and your family up in prayer
Thanks, the shots she has to take to build her back up finally started working and she was able to have her chemo this week. Right now she feels good, but they have led us to believe that we will go through a lot more of the same weakness and low blood count before we are done.

Quote:
Ooh, I love the Riverwalk! But ugh, the temps. Yuck. We had 105 & 110 heat index here in Indy on Tuesday & Wednesday. Miserable. Thankfully yesterday was back down to the high 80's.

I will definitely keep your mom in prayer.
My DH and I spent several days at La Mansion on the Riverwalk back in '01 and we enjoyed it so much. Being able to walk across the street to the Alamo and just leisurely walk arount the Riverwalk and people watch, it was a really good mini vacation.

Thanks for the prayer. . . it worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Enjoy your visit with your son. You and your mom are in my prayers
Thanks for the prayers. DS and I really enjoyed ourselves. We ate at a Mexican restaurant on the Riverwalk, went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and bought several blocks of fudge (peanut butter fudge from them is to die for) and spent some time in a five and dime shop. Then two days at Sea World San Antonio. We ended up the trip at Natural Bridge Caverns.

Quote:
2K, your mom sounds like such a lovely woman. Prayers for her and you.
Speaking of San Antonio, what a wonderful city that is! I keep trying to get Mr Muush there, but so far no deal. Riverwalk is beautiful.
We have made several trips to San Antonio. It is only 5 hours from us and there is so much to do there.

Yes, Mom is very special. We have always been close, but since she has been sick it is an extra special closeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Pixie dust & prayers coming your mom's way.
Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
First of all I have to ask if you saw the Alamo's basement?
Second I will keep your mom in my prayers and here is some moose dust for her.
We did not get to do as much as I wanted at the Alamo. We got there 40 minutes before closing. I noticed a lot of renovation work being done this time at the Alamo and several buildings in downtown San Antonio. But it is awesome just standing in those rooms and knowing the history.

Thanks for the moose dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Definitely prayer AND pixie dust, too.
Thanks

Quote:
Prayers heavenward twokats for your mom. Enjoy your time with your son!
Thanks for the prayers and the time with DS was great.

Quote:
And twokats, prayers going up for your mother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
twokats you and your family are in our prayers.
Thanks to you both

Quote:
My dear friend Norm lost his battle yesterday. He only lived 3 months after receiving the diagnosis. My poor friend has a long road ahead of her, in that she will miss her husband of 34 years, and their daughter will miss her Dad.
My prayers for your friends also. I know how the daughter feels, I still miss my Dad and I lost him back in '75.

Quote:
Thank you all for your kind words. Groupies are THE BEST.
I agree Groupies are THE BEST!!!

Quote:
Tammys SIL is in induced labor as I write. Her BP is way off the chart, protein is way low. She is a few weeks early, and Tammys brother is in England with the Air Force. Tammy is staying with the other two little ones at their home in Raleigh. Can I ask for prayer from you folks that all goes well, all are fine and above all, for Gods will through it all?
Prayers and congratulations

Quote:
DW just told me that her dad is in the hospital tonight with a fractured vertbrae in a LOT of pain - so please, if you think of it, pray for him for his comfort level and the doctors as they plan their course of action.
Prayers for all concerned.

Quote:

There in the quiet and solitude. . . .
One of the tours we took at Natural Bridge Caverns was a special one that had a time where we were in total darkness at the deepest part of the cavern. It was so amazing in the darkness. The quiteness and the solitude. I spent the whole time just thanking God for everything.

I am thankful for all my Groupie friends and supporters. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 08-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #820
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Just checking in and happy to see some news on several fronts. It sounds like everyone is holding up as well as possible during these trying times.

Early Saturday morning I am heading to Mexico with my wife and daughters. With both daughters being college students, I know this may well be the last trip for a long while that we can all spend together. We don't have a lot of plans while there, and I'm looking forward just to spending some time together. No computer on this trip. And only one cell phone for emergency use only. So we'll have to talk to each other!

I'll be thinking of all the Groupies and continuing to include you in my prayers.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 08-13-2010, 06:00 AM   #821
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Granny - Vaya con Dios, mi amigo y disfrutar de la familia . . . .

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 08-13-2010, 06:22 AM   #822
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Quote:
Granny - Vaya con Dios, mi amigo y disfrutar de la familia . . . .
Translation, please.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:25 AM   #823
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Early Saturday morning I am heading to Mexico with my wife and daughters. With both daughters being college students, I know this may well be the last trip for a long while that we can all spend together. We don't have a lot of plans while there, and I'm looking forward just to spending some time together. No computer on this trip. And only one cell phone for emergency use only. So we'll have to talk to each other!

Hasta Luego y buen viaje. Be safe!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:31 AM   #824
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

twokats

Continued prayer for you and your Mom

Granny

Have a great trip and enjoy your family time
Old 08-13-2010, 07:01 AM   #825
wildernessDad