DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #751
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCGeek View Post
Nice to be back! Looking forward to our trip to the CA sister of 'our' Lodge; staying @ VGC for my BD arriving Oct. 16th... I hope to try Big Thunder Ranch one day of our trip; the description reminds us of Whispering Canyon!
Lucky you!!! I had one of my best BD's ever at DL. Did the Walk in Walt's Footstep tour, the Fantasmic Dinner package (the one they used to have on the Veranda of what Walt's apartment in New Orleans Square) and also a wine/cheese package to watch MSEP.

I like the Big Thunder Ranch dining but I'd say it's more a combo of Mickey's Backyard BBQ (but without the characters and dancing) and Trail's End. Food was very similar to the platter at WC though. I have some pics if you haven't seen any.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:35 AM   #752
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Enjoy your meet and your vacation!
You too!
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #753
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Monday Morning - morning Groupies! Wishing I was here instead of at the office....

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #754
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for the meet!! I'm still planning on getting my VWL fix by having breakfast at Whispering Canyon. Will be a first to eat there.
hello there Ms. Bobbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Actually no. I was able to extend my AKV stay through the 15th so now we'll be at AKV 12-15 & at SSR 16-18. Too bad. I'm actually having a big meet from another board I'm active in (which can't be named on this thread) on the 15th at AKV. I really was hoping to still be at AKV for simplicity's sake on that date & then move to SSR. I've still been trying to get the 16th & 17th at AKV but no luck. I'm really excited about the meet though. I think we might be up to about 10 people (plus their families of course) & one of them is BWV Dreamin! I predict a fun time will be had by all!

On another note (I'm sending you a PM Stopher!) my waitlist for BWV came through yesterday for our Oct. trip! Kat4Disney that makes it that much easier for us to meet up for those slushes!

Have a great day groupies!

Old 08-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #755
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Can't wait for the meet!! I'm still planning on getting my VWL fix by having breakfast at Whispering Canyon. Will be a first to eat there.
hello there Ms. Bobbie!
Hi back to you! Have a great time! I've tried again to get into the VWL for this trip, but no. We'll be here in December for sure!

Bobbi
Old 08-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #756
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

stopher1 - Thanks for the lunchtime pictures! I just returned from a funeral for the mother of a long time friend. The pictures were a great pick-me-up!

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 08-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #757
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCGeek View Post
Nice to be back! Looking forward to our trip to the CA sister of 'our' Lodge; staying @ VGC for my BD arriving Oct. 16th... I hope to try Big Thunder Ranch one day of our trip; the description reminds us of Whispering Canyon!
I spent my bd this past January at VGC! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!!!! So jealous that you will get to see World of Color!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
stopher1 - Thanks for the lunchtime pictures! I just returned from a funeral for the mother of a long time friend. The pictures were a great pick-me-up!
Sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and her family.

Stopher, thanks for the pictures! The old Jon & Kate was on again the other day when they stayed at the Lodge. It is just so nice to get any glimpse of it that I can.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #758
horselover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Stopher, thanks for the pictures! The old Jon & Kate was on again the other day when they stayed at the Lodge. It is just so nice to get any glimpse of it that I can.
Loved the pics Stopher! Wish I was there right now too!

I just saw part of that old Jon & Kate episode a month or so ago. She must have some redeeming qualities (I'm not a fan) because as they were packing up to leave she said when vacation is over she's usually ready to go home but not this time. She just didn't want to leave our beloved Lodge! I know exactly how she feels.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #759
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Loved the pics Stopher! Wish I was there right now too!

I just saw part of that old Jon & Kate episode a month or so ago. She must have some redeeming qualities (I'm not a fan) because as they were packing up to leave she said when vacation is over she's usually ready to go home but not this time. She just didn't want to leave our beloved Lodge! I know exactly how she feels.
Yes, the last day at the lodge is always a sad day, time to try, but not succeed, in taking it all in visually one last time (that stay anyway).

Old 08-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #760
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Yes, the last day at the lodge is always a sad day, time to try, but not succeed, in taking it all in visually one last time (that stay anyway).
How true.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #761
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Via Napoli Pizzeria?

Any body planning on trying out the new Pizzeria in Epcot? Being a native New Yorker, which every one knows NY has the best pizza outside of Italy and to all my fellow groupies in the Midwest who insist on making that alien thick crust pizza, I have my fingers on the monitor attempting a Vulcan mind meld as we speak, do not resist.

It looks interesting.

Live long and prosper.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #762
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Any body planning on trying out the new Pizzeria in Epcot? Being a native New Yorker, which every one knows NY has the best pizza outside of Italy and to all my fellow groupies in the Midwest who insist on making that alien thick crust pizza, I have my fingers on the monitor attempting a Vulcan mind meld as we speak, do not resist.

It looks interesting.

Live long and prosper.
Fascinating. (said in best Spock monotone).

Please don't lump all us Midwesterners with those folks in the Windy City. The locally most favored pizza continues to be thin crust. However, we are open to anything that calls itself pizza and will give it a shot!

Since we haven't made our ADR's for our December stay, my guess is we'll be eating bagels in the room for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Maybe I can get some pizza sauce and mozzarella to melt on them!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 08-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #763
horselover

Quote:

It looks interesting.

Live long and prosper.
We might check it out when we're there in 2 more days!!! It kind of depends on how long the lines are (I heard no ADRs during the soft opening) and if they can accommodate gluten free for DS10.

I'll report back if we go.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #764
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Lucky you!!! I had one of my best BD's ever at DL. Did the Walk in Walt's Footstep tour, the Fantasmic Dinner package (the one they used to have on the Veranda of what Walt's apartment in New Orleans Square) and also a wine/cheese package to watch MSEP.

I like the Big Thunder Ranch dining but I'd say it's more a combo of Mickey's Backyard BBQ (but without the characters and dancing) and Trail's End. Food was very similar to the platter at WC though. I have some pics if you haven't seen any.
Now THAT sounds like the best birthday. Mr Muush is always kind to me for birthday wishes.
Maybe for my next milestone I can talk him into DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
So sorry for your friend. And I agree, the pictures were great. Thanks Stoph.

Quote:

It looks interesting.

Live long and prosper.
I loooooooove thin crust pizza. Anyone ever tried the Papa Murphy's delite? Yumm. I am sure Mr Muush will want to try this new pizza place. There are not any good pizza places at Epcot, they need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post

Fascinating. (said in best Spock monotone).

Please don't lump all us Midwesterners with those folks in the Windy City. The locally most favored pizza continues to be thin crust. However, we are open to anything that calls itself pizza and will give it a shot!

Since we haven't made our ADR's for our December stay, my guess is we'll be eating bagels in the room for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Maybe I can get some pizza sauce and mozzarella to melt on them!
Granny! Bagels for breakfast at VWL is my idea of heaven! Well, that and a pink grapefruit and a good cuppa Joe.

My dear friend Norm lost his battle yesterday. He only lived 3 months after receiving the diagnosis. My poor friend has a long road ahead of her, in that she will miss her husband of 34 years, and their daughter will miss her Dad.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #765
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It looks interesting.

Live long and prosper.
Oh yeah! December 10 at 5:45 pm! But, who's counting?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: