DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #46
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Muushka

The pixie dust list would have been great Wed, Thurs and Fri. I do feel a lot better though my appetite hasnt returned to normal. But I do appreciate the gesture. Im like 85% better right now, which Im glad to know Im on the mend. I probably should have skipped work today, but knew being on a deadline, those folks dont care if you are sick or not. They have a resident moving in, and nothings going to keep them from getting that check.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #47
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
I knew I spelled it wrong

Its diverticulosis. Has something to do with your colon.I just know from reading the symptons and cures and all, I need to add some fiber to my diet.
Tammy and I went and cleaned a unit we had been remodeling at a local retirement community here in town. After about 3 hrs, I was whooped! Glad tomorrow is Sun.
Diverticulosis, I have that! In fact it has graduated to diverticulitis! My grandmother had it. I do know that when I eat a lot of nuts, I get very ill, like 2 weeks ago when I OD'd on peanuts. I have to be careful, and I know how bad it can feel. But mine was short-lived (lasted just one evening). I can't imagine feeling that way for several days. Poor JT. Keep getting better!

PS adding fiber is good, but avoiding foods that can get caught in those pockets is something to consider.
Like seeds, nuts, those little buggers that taste so good (strawberries!) but do such harm.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #48
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

Thank you for the welcomes

Not sure I can keep up with this thread....moves fast!!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #49
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Welcome to all new VWL groupies!!!

Sorry to hear from those who suffer from diverticulosis, add DH to the list. After the last flare up, over a year ago, he has been very careful regarding what he eats, and for him, staying away from peanuts and corn have done the trick!He's found that pecans are fine.

My family is just a week away from our 9 night trip, BWV(1 night. Originally, just DH and I for that but when DS found out, he asked if they could come down a day earlier too, and why not It's going to be their first stay at BWV. VWL IS their favorite, but the standard point cost won out), VB (4 nights) and the BCV(4 nights) for the 4th of July! 16 of us altogether for different parts of the trip, but DH and the Boston branch of our family get to enjoy it all!

Bobbi
Old 06-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #50
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Its diverticulosis. Has something to do with your colon.I just know from reading the symptons and cures and all, I need to add some fiber to my diet.
Tammy and I went and cleaned a unit we had been remodeling at a local retirement community here in town. After about 3 hrs, I was whooped! Glad tomorrow is Sun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Diverticulosis, I have that! In fact it has graduated to diverticulitis! My grandmother had it. I do know that when I eat a lot of nuts, I get very ill, like 2 weeks ago when I OD'd on peanuts. I have to be careful, and I know how bad it can feel. But mine was short-lived (lasted just one evening). I can't imagine feeling that way for several days. Poor JT. Keep getting better!

PS adding fiber is good, but avoiding foods that can get caught in those pockets is something to consider.
Like seeds, nuts, those little buggers that taste so good (strawberries!) but do such harm.
OH, now I know what it is! I have never talked to a doctor about it but I may have it to some degree. I cannot eat corn or I get really sick and sometimes with the little seeds on hamburger buns too. I think it is a pretty common thing that alot of people don't even know they have. Boy I sure do miss corn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
Thank you for the welcomes

Not sure I can keep up with this thread....moves fast!!
We are quite talkative aren't we?! Just join us whenever you can! You are always welcome!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #51
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Welcome to all new VWL groupies!!!

My family is just a week away from our 9 night trip, BWV(1 night. Originally, just DH and I for that but when DS found out, he asked if they could come down a day earlier too, and why not It's going to be their first stay at BWV. VWL IS their favorite, but the standard point cost won out), VB (4 nights) and the BCV(4 nights) for the 4th of July! 16 of us altogether for different parts of the trip, but DH and the Boston branch of our family get to enjoy it all!

Bobbi
I don't know if you saw but I just posted some BWV pictures if you want to check them out to get you more excited for your trip. I hope you have a great time.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....357273&page=29
Old 06-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #52
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm so glad this group started a new thread, it's time that I join up and I would not have had the time to read through all the posts in the last one!

A short introduction, a few of you know me from the VGC owners group. I have points at SSR and VGC. Recently my FIL passed away leaving us some real estate, unfortunately we spent all his and our money paying for 24-7 caregivers during his final year. The good news is that everything was paid for and it is income generating property (apartments), so we decided to refinance and get some money to play with!

I have my eye on a small resale contract at VWL, and possibly another at BCV, plus I'm planning on adding on more VGC before they sell out. As soon as we get the green light that we've been approved, we'll be making the offers and calling our guide in CA.

Back in 1997 we stayed at the Lodge and it was one of my favorite locations at WDW, so I'm really looking forward to owning here so that every three years or so I can stay for 4-5 days!

Thanks for welcoming me to the groupies!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 06-19-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #53
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Well let me be the 1st to say welcome to the groupies franandaj! Here's some moose dust for you to find that perfect resale contract!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #54
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

I'll be second, welcome franandaj

Yup, that last thread was pretty long.
Luckily we don't require new members to read through the entire 1000+ pages!!!(This is our 5th thread!)

Grab a rocker and a Moosie siggy and stay a spell!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:04 AM   #55
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, JT a lot of people have it some worse than others. I have a light case of it, my DM a lot worse. My Grandmother had it so bad and back in her day the solution was to take out as much colon as they could get away with and well, they don't do that now. But keep an eye on yourself and as my DM now says, get a regular colonoscopy to avoid the trouble she has been going through the last 3 years with the colon cancer!!!

Quote:
I guess that means I get to be the third to give you a welcome franandaj!!

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 06-20-2010, 12:43 AM   #56
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Well let me be the 1st to say welcome to the groupies franandaj! Here's some moose dust for you to find that perfect resale contract!
Quote:

Yup, that last thread was pretty long.
Luckily we don't require new members to read through the entire 1000+ pages!!!(This is our 5th thread!)

Grab a rocker and a Moosie siggy and stay a spell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
I guess that means I get to be the third to give you a welcome franandaj!!
Thanks! Wow this is most welcome thread of owners I've joined! And I still haven't made the offer on the points!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 06-20-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: slight modification
Old 06-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #57
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
I don't know if you saw but I just posted some BWV pictures if you want to check them out to get you more excited for your trip. I hope you have a great time.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....357273&page=29
Thanks, I HADN'T seen them, and they're great! I e-mailed the link to my DS and DDiL!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #58
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Happy Fathers day, Welcomes and Get well soon thoughts.

Hey JT,
Get well soon!! The old guy suffers from Diverticulouses. Muush got it right, it's actually little pockets along your colon and it is more common as we age.

Welcome to our new members!! Franandaj, Merriweather and all our other newbies. glad you're stopping buy!!

Happy Father's Day!! to all our moose Men. have a great day.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #59
tea pot
DIS Veteran

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all GROUPIE DADS

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep

Last edited by tea pot; 06-20-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #60
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Happy Father's Day to all my fav Groupie dads !!!!

Maria

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: