DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #31
Happydinks
Just Bob and Leslie (Okay, Buddy and Gracie too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post

And then it comes, the moment you turn onto Timberland Dr. You smile a quiet smile full of joy that says YES!! Finally, I’m here & in the tiny amount of time it takes to pass through the gates until you finally see her, you are completely, blissfully happy. Is it your imagination or do you think she smiles back at you, a feeling that no matter how long it’s been since you last visited, she is glad to see you, welcomes you home, whispers to you of a week full of good times.
Yes, you definitely know the feeling, All the previous weeks, months and even years of waiting, all the times real life dropped an anvil on your head, have all been worth it for this feeling.
Thank you Eliza! - I can honestly say that by the time I finished reading I had a lump in my throat and was misty eyed. Your literary skills are not limited to the descriptive funny family stories - you truly waxed poetic with this one! I envisioned coming around the curve on Timberline, hearing the "Welcome Home" at the gate...... (Love your changing tags!)
Old 06-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #32
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
As you can tell by my post count, I'm not new to the DIS, nor am I new to DVC having owned since 2004. However, I did just buy into VWL in April after years of yearning to own there. Seeing as you started a new thread, I felt obliged to drop in, set a spell, rock awhile, and squirt toward the spittoon in the corner when needed. Oh, wait, this is a tobacco-less group, right?

Anyway, I'm here and might drop by from time to time. . .and I do so love the pics and WL tunes. . .
Welcome!!!!! Sounds like you will fit right in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Update on DM: She had a bad week last week, but she is feeling better the last few days. We have had a setback in our chemo due to a low white blood count, but hopefully we will be back on track next week. She is still totally looking forward to the cruise at the end of the year.
Pixie dust coming your mom's way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post

Hawaii in 6 days for sons wedding. I think it was DLI that offered the suggestion to have a blown-up photo of his head on a stick for our daughters wedding last October while he was in Iraq and parade it around the reception. It was a big hit. We're doing the same thing in reverse for our sons wedding. Our daughter and son-in-laws 'heads' will be bobbing around Hawaii with us. Should be great fun.

Enjoy your week-end Groupies.
So glad that you are able to use my suggestion!!!! I hope you have a great time. Congrats!!!

Saw Toy Story 3 today. DD and I cried! It was so good. I highly recommend it.
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #33
deebits
Evil Queen

Deebits! My best friend here in NC's name is Deirdre! I will be happy to add you to the birthday list!

I have only met one other person with my name, so it is nice to hear of another:-). Thank you so much for adding us. I can tell we are really going love this group

Old 06-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #34
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
WOW, I'm impressed! Great start to the new thread !
Many thanks Eliza, Muush, and Stopher for being the keeper of the lists.

WELCOME to our new Groupies. This is a wonderful bunch of folks that will make you feel right at home.

Sorry to hear you're under the weather JT. No fun, no fun. Hope you're back to your old self soon.

Muush, DDad's birthday is May 7. Not quite sure how 3 got in there.

Hawaii in 6 days for sons wedding. I think it was DLI that offered the suggestion to have a blown-up photo of his head on a stick for our daughters wedding last October while he was in Iraq and parade it around the reception. It was a big hit. We're doing the same thing in reverse for our sons wedding. Our daughter and son-in-laws 'heads' will be bobbing around Hawaii with us. Should be great fun.

Enjoy your week-end Groupies.
Best wishes for the wedding. Awesome Hawaii wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebits View Post
Deebits! My best friend here in NC's name is Deirdre! I will be happy to add you to the birthday list!

I have only met one other person with my name, so it is nice to hear of another:-). Thank you so much for adding us. I can tell we are really going love this group
Oh yeah, we are a friendly bunch here!

Hey, don't forget the Deirdre at the Haunted Mansion! She has a grave and everything!!!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #35
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Out with it! Where are you buying?
All of our points are at SSR. Finally stayed there for the first time when DD and I were there in Dec. We liked it, but it is just not VWL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
twokats, thank you for the update on your mom, hopefully she will do better next week.
Can I add your name and your mom to the front page that will be for us to keep track of needs for Pixie dust (in other words, prayer, don't tell anyone I said that!)
Yes, please. She loves prayers, I mean pixie dust! When you had mentioned adding that, I felt that many of us would take advantage of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Kat... congrats on you points and hope your Mom is feeling better soon
Thank you so much. They had too good of a price per point to pass up and thank heaven my DH agreed.

She felt pretty good all this week. After the bad week last week, she said it is a little scary wondering what might happen next week. But we just take it one day at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Pixie dust coming your mom's way!!!
Thank you so very much!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 06-19-2010, 05:44 AM   #36
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Thanks for all the well wishes, folks

Stuff like this reminds me why I hang out here. Lord knows not cause I like being sick, but when life throws us curve balls, we have a place to rest, and this is one of the places in my life. I much prefer fastballs, but not so fast that I dont have a chance to swing and get a hit every so often. OK, enough with the Bball stuff, just spending a lot of time watching TV the last few days

Dr. called and indicated ultrasound showed possible dyphroticulosis(SP). I looked it up, found out it can come with age(Im 45), genetics, my mom has had it several times, or a number of other things. Also found out not as common for people to experience the pain or even symptoms at all as I did. Leave it to me

Anyway, hoping to get back to work for a few hrs today. I am going to take it slow and see how it goes.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #37
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

170 days to go for our vacation, Muushka, but who's counting?

Old 06-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #38
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Groupies - I just wanted to say have a wonderful week. I am getting ready to depart early in the morning tomorrow for a week of adventure, a week of fun, a week of excitement - a week deep in the woods with 77 kids and about 30 other adults as we head off to.....Summer Camp! Woo hoo. I love my Disney trips, but there's nothing quite like hanging out with a bunch of Boy Scouts and Scouters.

With that said - IF YOU HAVE ANY TRIPS YOU"D LIKE ADDED TO THE LIST... please, please, please - just send me a PM. I'll get around to it after I return next week.

I hope you all have a great week. I'll be thinking of you (and the lodge) as I sleep in my tent each night, watching the deer in the morning move through the forest, and when I go boating on the lake. (If only I could see that wonderful green roof from my boat peeking out above the treeline... ) I'll talk to you all in a week.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #39
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
Just completed a purchase for VWL....so excited!
So thought I would pop in and say "Hello"

Booked our first stay at the Villas for next May 1-8....can't wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacek View Post
I'm here....with a quick intro.

After constantly using my mom's AKL points, my husband and I just closed on 175 VWL points. Since we want our first trip home to be at Christmas, we'll be hitting other resorts this year:
SSR for his 60th birthday (Tgiving week)
OKW or AKL for Valentines Day--our 20th wedding anniversary
BWV for my 50th (September)

But I have my calendar ticklers set up for the day after Christmas this year to book sometime in late November/December 2011 for our first stay home.

Im a Florida native--first trip to WDW was probably in 1975 or so but after I left the state in 1979 didn't come back for 10-15 years.

emacek
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
As you can tell by my post count, I'm not new to the DIS, nor am I new to DVC having owned since 2004. However, I did just buy into VWL in April after years of yearning to own there. Seeing as you started a new thread, I felt obliged to drop in, set a spell, rock awhile, and squirt toward the spittoon in the corner when needed. Oh, wait, this is a tobacco-less group, right?

Anyway, I'm here and might drop by from time to time. . .and I do so love the pics and WL tunes. . .
Welcome new groupies Meriweather, emacek, & sleepdog25! I do so love new groupie friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Update on DM: She had a bad week last week, but she is feeling better the last few days. We have had a setback in our chemo due to a low white blood count, but hopefully we will be back on track next week. She is still totally looking forward to the cruise at the end of the year.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!
Continuing to send up prayers for you Dmom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Stuff like this reminds me why I hang out here. Lord knows not cause I like being sick, but when life throws us curve balls, we have a place to rest, and this is one of the places in my life. I much prefer fastballs, but not so fast that I dont have a chance to swing and get a hit every so often. OK, enough with the Bball stuff, just spending a lot of time watching TV the last few days

Dr. called and indicated ultrasound showed possible dyphroticulosis(SP). I looked it up, found out it can come with age(Im 45), genetics, my mom has had it several times, or a number of other things. Also found out not as common for people to experience the pain or even symptoms at all as I did. Leave it to me

Anyway, hoping to get back to work for a few hrs today. I am going to take it slow and see how it goes.
Hope you're feeling better soon JT!

DiznyDi & Dad - 6 more days how exciting! When do you leave & what island is the wedding on?

So we officially closed on our little VWL add-on yesterday! Just waiting for the points to show up in our account. Hoping with a little pixie/moose dust I might be able to snag a 1 BR for the last 3-4 of our trip in Oct. at the Lodge. A girl can dream right?

And I am officially on summer vacation! The boys still have to go for 1 more day though.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #40
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Have a great trip Stopher!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #41
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
170 days to go for our vacation, Muushka, but who's counting?
Not me!

Quote:

Oh my JT. I am a medical person and have never heard of that one! I hope you feel better and that it never returns. Do you want to be on that first page pixie dust list?

HL! Congrats on the add on!!!

DiznyDuo I hope pictures will flow aplenty of that beautiful wedding!!

Stopher, have a great time with those kiddos!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #42
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Here's the wedding details:
Wedding is on the island of Oahu. It will be a Sunday morning (June 27) garden ceremony at Hickam Air Force Base with a champagne brunch following at the Officers Club. Our son is in the Army, his future wife works in the Child Development Center at Hickam. The last of the mints are safely packed for travel in my carry-on. So as much as DDad likes to say I bought too many, we have certainly put the extras to good use. Groupies enjoyed the green packaged ones in December and the royal blue ones are headed to Hawaii.

We're off to a wedding today, and then the real countdown begins.

I don't know how much time we'll have, but I'll try to keep up with the thread on my phone. We're not taking a computer with us.

Hope all Groupies stay well during our hiatus.

"We'll be back"!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #43
Happydinks
Just Bob and Leslie (Okay, Buddy and Gracie too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Groupies - I just wanted to say have a wonderful week. I am getting ready to depart early in the morning tomorrow for a week of adventure, a week of fun, a week of excitement - a week deep in the woods with 77 kids and about 30 other adults as we head off to.....Summer Camp! Woo hoo. I love my Disney trips, but there's nothing quite like hanging out with a bunch of Boy Scouts and Scouters.
Have a fun time with the kids! Bob was an Eagle Scout w/golden palm - and to this day he maintains some of his greatest experiences were with the Scouts - most of all his trip to Philmont. Be safe - take lots of bug spray!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #44
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Never heard of that JT. I hope it's something that you can recover from quickly and you feel better soon and can get back into the swing of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post

With that said - IF YOU HAVE ANY TRIPS YOU"D LIKE ADDED TO THE LIST... please, please, please - just send me a PM. I'll get around to it after I return next week.

I hope you all have a great week. I'll be thinking of you (and the lodge) as I sleep in my tent each night, watching the deer in the morning move through the forest, and when I go boating on the lake. (If only I could see that wonderful green roof from my boat peeking out above the treeline... ) I'll talk to you all in a week.
Have a great time Stopher!!!

Quote:
Here's the wedding details:
Wedding is on the island of Oahu. It will be a Sunday morning (June 27) garden ceremony at Hickam Air Force Base with a champagne brunch following at the Officers Club. Our son is in the Army, his future wife works in the Child Development Center at Hickam. The last of the mints are safely packed for travel in my carry-on. So as much as DDad likes to say I bought too many, we have certainly put the extras to good use. Groupies enjoyed the green packaged ones in December and the royal blue ones are headed to Hawaii.

We're off to a wedding today, and then the real countdown begins.

I don't know how much time we'll have, but I'll try to keep up with the thread on my phone. We're not taking a computer with us.

Hope all Groupies stay well during our hiatus.

"We'll be back"!
Glad to hear that you can use those mints!!! Have a great time!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #45
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

I knew I spelled it wrong

Its diverticulosis. Has something to do with your colon.I just know from reading the symptons and cures and all, I need to add some fiber to my diet.
Tammy and I went and cleaned a unit we had been remodeling at a local retirement community here in town. After about 3 hrs, I was whooped! Glad tomorrow is Sun.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: