DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #16
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Oh eliza !
What a wonderful intro
You said it All
I just feel so lucky to be apart of this group of kindred spirits
Right you are!

Thanks E for another great beginning.
"As with any cult, once the mythology of the cult begins falling apart, instead of saying, oh, we were wrong, they get more and more fanatical. I think thatís whatís happening here. Think about it, youíve led an unpleasant life, you havenít led a very virtuous life, but now youíre told, you get absolution if you watch your carbon footprint. Itís salvation!Ē
~MIT Professor emeritus Richard Lindzen
Old 06-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #17
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Beautiful intro Eliza!!! You really did a great job of summing up how it feels to stay at the Lodge. You sure have a way with words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Hey guys, love the intro. Eliza! What a great way to truly describe the Lodge and our love for it.

I am a bit under the weather, so posting a little later than normal for a workday. This is the only time in my life, all 45 yrs of it that I have missed work 3 straight days. Missed 2 before, twice, but never this much. But today seems the meds are finally kickin in!

Anywho, dont mean to bore you and bring this thread down, but helps me dream of my happy place, the Lodge
Hope you feel better JT!

Meriweather and Imacek welcome to the friendliest thread on the boards!!! How exciting to have new groupies and our new thread is only hours old!!!

Muushka, Eliza and Stopher thank you for starting the new thread and being the care takers of it. I appreciate you putting your time into doing this for us!!!!
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #18
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Just checking in on this new VWL thread.

Eliza...a very eloquent introduction indeed!

And to make sure that everyone (members and guests) feels welcome to join in on this thread...

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 06-18-2010, 12:05 PM   #19
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Whoa - GREAT Intro!

It is good to see we have new friends jumping in (Meriweather: 114,276 post )

Outstanding picture of Ranger Stan!

One last thing -

Loribell...........................May 3
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIZNY DAD!!! May 3
Maria (MiaSRN62)...........May 23

How did THAT get in there? (Must have been DiznyDi)

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14][SSR 5/15][VWL 10/15][VWL 12/15]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 06-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #20
WDWRR_ENGINEER
WDWRR Engineer in training! All Aboard!

Wow new thread time does pass quickly these days.

Oh well enjoying sounds of the lodge and eating my bagged lunch what more could I wan't! Yea I could be at the lodge oh well next best thing.

http://www.dvcradio.com

Joe

10/10 VWL, 12/09 VWL, 05/09 BCV, 10/08 VWL, 01/07 Contemporary Resort, 05/05 Beach Club Resort, 10/04 Pop Century Resort, 12/02 Grosvenor Resort, 04/01 AS Music, 06/98 Dixie Landings Resort, Early 80's Polynesian Resort, Late 70's Howard Johnsons Lake Buena Vista

Old 06-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #21
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Cheers on the intro eliza !!! We're off to a very good start !!!!

I've got vacation dates to add to the Groupie list :
August 2-7, 2010 SSR (on waitlist for AKV and BWV though....doubt they'll come through....but it's worth a shot). By the way, would have loved VWL but you can only be on two waitlists so I went with the two larger resorts thinking my chances might be better.

Maria

Old 06-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #22
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

As you can tell by my post count, I'm not new to the DIS, nor am I new to DVC having owned since 2004. However, I did just buy into VWL in April after years of yearning to own there. Seeing as you started a new thread, I felt obliged to drop in, set a spell, rock awhile, and squirt toward the spittoon in the corner when needed. Oh, wait, this is a tobacco-less group, right?

Anyway, I'm here and might drop by from time to time. . .and I do so love the pics and WL tunes. . .
Old 06-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #23
twokats
DIS Veteran

Eliza, it is a great intro.

Welcome to the new groupies.

Well, I am buying more points (unfortunately not at VWL), but it will help me hopefully enjoy more time there in the future. Thanks to my absolutely wonderful DH for supporting my WDW habit.

Update on DM: She had a bad week last week, but she is feeling better the last few days. We have had a setback in our chemo due to a low white blood count, but hopefully we will be back on track next week. She is still totally looking forward to the cruise at the end of the year.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 06-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #24
deebits
Evil Queen

Can we be added to the birthday list?

Deirdre July 17
Ed Jan 5

We are also coming to disney Oct 5th-12th and Dec 3rd-12th(both visits at BLT. We are sure next year will be at VWL since we just got our points and did not get in the 11 month booking window.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #25
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

DLI Thanks for the well wishes

Meriwether and emacek...WELCOME HOME!! You couldnt have picked a finer place than VWL IMO

teapot, love love love the pic. He will always be my #1 Ranger
Old 06-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #26
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Gosh this new thread is looking REALLY good! I'd say that it has connected with the magic of the lodge!

In other news, 171 days! (Yes, I'm short and to the point.)

Old 06-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #27
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Well, I am buying more points (unfortunately not at VWL), but it will help me hopefully enjoy more time there in the future. Thanks to my absolutely wonderful DH for supporting my WDW habit.
Out with it! Where are you buying?

Old 06-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #28
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

JT, I am glad that you are on the mend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
Whoa - GREAT Intro!

It is good to see we have new friends jumping in (Meriweather: 114,276 post )

Outstanding picture of Ranger Stan!

One last thing -

Loribell...........................May 3
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIZNY DAD!!! May 3
Maria (MiaSRN62)...........May 23

How did THAT get in there? (Must have been DiznyDi)
It was indeed your betrothed's permission to add you to the list.
Would you want me to make you look like everyone else? You are kind of sticking out.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
As you can tell by my post count, I'm not new to the DIS, nor am I new to DVC having owned since 2004. However, I did just buy into VWL in April after years of yearning to own there. Seeing as you started a new thread, I felt obliged to drop in, set a spell, rock awhile, and squirt toward the spittoon in the corner when needed. Oh, wait, this is a tobacco-less group, right?

Anyway, I'm here and might drop by from time to time. . .and I do so love the pics and WL tunes. . .
Welcome sleepydog25 . It looks like you need no indoctrination into our band of Lodgers (got the sig, got the ricking chair and even added a spittoon into the mix! I want to steal that from you, but I won't. But if you see a new potential Lodger, ask them to participate!)
Congrats on the new purchase, and Welcome Home! Visit often, and don't be shy on the trip reports and pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Eliza, it is a great intro.

Welcome to the new groupies.

Update on DM: She had a bad week last week, but she is feeling better the last few days. We have had a setback in our chemo due to a low white blood count, but hopefully we will be back on track next week. She is still totally looking forward to the cruise at the end of the year.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!
twokats, thank you for the update on your mom, hopefully she will do better next week.
Can I add your name and your mom to the front page that will be for us to keep track of needs for Pixie dust (in other words, prayer, don't tell anyone I said that!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebits View Post
Can we be added to the birthday list?

Deirdre July 17
Ed Jan 5

We are also coming to disney Oct 5th-12th and Dec 3rd-12th(both visits at BLT. We are sure next year will be at VWL since we just got our points and did not get in the 11 month booking window.
Deebits! My best friend here in NC's name is Deirdre! I will be happy to add you to the birthday list!

Any other new Groupies want to be added to the birthday list? We try real hard to have virtual cakes and virtual lunches and dinners out at very nice locations around the world.
"As with any cult, once the mythology of the cult begins falling apart, instead of saying, oh, we were wrong, they get more and more fanatical. I think thatís whatís happening here. Think about it, youíve led an unpleasant life, you havenít led a very virtuous life, but now youíre told, you get absolution if you watch your carbon footprint. Itís salvation!Ē
~MIT Professor emeritus Richard Lindzen
Old 06-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #29
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

WOW, I'm impressed! Great start to the new thread !
Many thanks Eliza, Muush, and Stopher for being the keeper of the lists.

WELCOME to our new Groupies. This is a wonderful bunch of folks that will make you feel right at home.

Sorry to hear you're under the weather JT. No fun, no fun. Hope you're back to your old self soon.

Muush, DDad's birthday is May 7. Not quite sure how 3 got in there.

Hawaii in 6 days for sons wedding. I think it was DLI that offered the suggestion to have a blown-up photo of his head on a stick for our daughters wedding last October while he was in Iraq and parade it around the reception. It was a big hit. We're doing the same thing in reverse for our sons wedding. Our daughter and son-in-laws 'heads' will be bobbing around Hawaii with us. Should be great fun.

Enjoy your week-end Groupies.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #30
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Dizny Di 6 days!!!!

Wow I can't think if a more beautiful place for a wedding
Prayers and Pixie Dust coming your way
Looking forward to lots of pictures and are you taking the mints in your carry on or did you ship them out ahead time

Feel Better JT

Kat... congrats on you points and hope your Mom is feeling better soon

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep

Last edited by tea pot; 06-19-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: