DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #1501
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post
Morning groupies! Haven't had much time to get on the boards here either.

Today we are expecting an offer on our house. Keeping our fingers crossed and being cautiously optimistic since we've been burned before.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNutzy View Post
Good Morning Groupies,
I know we have a few BWV owners who are also groupies. Can anyone recommend what type of room request we should make for our upcoming stay? We have a preferred Garden/Pool view. We are wait listed for Boardwalk view but I don't think it will come through.

Thanks.
Not an owner, but have just returned from there & having one other previous stay I personally like upper floor quiet pool view. Keep in mind there are a lot of big trees in the open areas at BWV so any potential view could be partial. I like the quiet pool view because it's peaceful & offers potential views of the canal & DHS.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #1502
DisneyNutzy
VWL & BLT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Good luck!

Not an owner, but have just returned from there & having one other previous stay I personally like upper floor quiet pool view. Keep in mind there are a lot of big trees in the open areas at BWV so any potential view could be partial. I like the quiet pool view because it's peaceful & offers potential views of the canal & DHS.
Thanks HL. That sounds right up our alley!
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #1503
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Good luck Nicole!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
45 days to go!!!!!
I was wondering how many days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Interesting. Disney would still be at of list for our 1st cruise, but I like knowing who to avoid if DC doesnt become realistic for us.
Yes Jimmy, I was surprised about our cruise. So many people love RCI, I thought we would too. We may do it again if the smoking policy changes. We got used to the food and how to order it to improve it and make the meals more tasty. It was a learning cruise, that is for sure!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #1504
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Good Morning Groupies,
I know we have a few BWV owners who are also groupies. Can anyone recommend what type of room request we should make for our upcoming stay? We have a preferred Garden/Pool view. We are wait listed for Boardwalk view but I don't think it will come through.

Thanks.
We are one of those BWV owners and I have to agree with Horselover...quiet pool is one of our favorite locations at BWV. Not only is it relatively quiet but it provides a nice view of the canal with the Friendship boats and Tower of Terror right across the canal. At night we could even hear the Fantasmic music and got to the point where we knew exactly when it would end and wait to hear the big applause.

Another advantage of that location is that you save several steps on the walk to DS.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 10-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #1505
DisneyNutzy
VWL & BLT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
We are one of those BWV owners and I have to agree with Horselover...quiet pool is one of our favorite locations at BWV. Not only is it relatively quiet but it provides a nice view of the canal with the Friendship boats and Tower of Terror right across the canal. At night we could even hear the Fantasmic music and got to the point where we knew exactly when it would end and wait to hear the big applause.

Another advantage of that location is that you save several steps on the walk to DS.
Thanks Granny. Calling MS now to put in the request.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #1506
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
45 days to go!!!!!
I was wondering how many days!!
Hmmm... days until what?
Old 10-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #1507
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Good Morning Groupies,

Thanks.
Ask for the Village Green if you can't get Boardwalk view.

We're here at BWV right now in a Boardwalk view studio right above the shops on the second floor. we have a HUGE balcony but it is enclosed. Great if the weather was bad, not quite as great now when the weather is beautiful. We have to stand to actually see the boardwalk view out there.
But we love the room location. I'd also ask for close to the elevator (there is only one!) if you're not going to get Boardwalk view.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #1508
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
Hmmm... days until what?
Ummmm, I forgot!

Old 10-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #1509
Inkmahm
Disney nut

You're all quiet this weekend!

We're here! Not VWL but BWV for Food and Wine festival. Having a great time eating ourselves silly at Epcot. Love the fishermen's pie, cheese plate and choc lava cake at Ireland. Add the cheese soup from Canada right nextdoor and my meal is done. The cranberry slushie cosmo from France is to die for, especially in this heat! Sunny and high 80s every day.

Haven't been to our beloved lodge yet but will try to get there today or tomorrow. I need an eye glass case from the store there that isn't available anywhere else at Disney from what we can see.

We are still missing our Topaz very much but have started to talk about getting a puppy after the holidays. Anyone here own a Dachshund or know anything about them from experience?

Old 10-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #1510
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
We're here! Not VWL but BWV for Food and Wine festival. Having a great time eating ourselves silly at Epcot. Love the fishermen's pie, cheese plate and choc lava cake at Ireland. Add the cheese soup from Canada right nextdoor and my meal is done. The cranberry slushie cosmo from France is to die for, especially in this heat! Sunny and high 80s every day.

Haven't been to our beloved lodge yet but will try to get there today or tomorrow. I need an eye glass case from the store there that isn't available anywhere else at Disney from what we can see.

We are still missing our Topaz very much but have started to talk about getting a puppy after the holidays. Anyone here own a Dachshund or know anything about them from experience?
I agree that drink was yummy! Be sure to try the Belgian Waffles. One of the best things I ate all week.

Have a wonderful trip.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #1511
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post

Have a great time!!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #1512
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Mmmmm. Sounds good!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #1513
cheer4bison
Mouseketeer

needing a little moose dust for luck!

Hi Groupies!

I consider myself a very blessed and lucky person but this week I could use some extra "moose dust" from my groupie pals. Every year since the Walt Disney World Moms Panel began I have submitted an application to be one of their online panelists. This year I made it to Round 2 of the selection process. I am so excited!!

This week we find out if we have made it to round 3. While I know that the odds are stacked against me, I sure would love to have the opportunity to work on the 2011 Moms Panel. If you have some "moose dust" to spare, could you send it my way? If I am selected I would get to join some of you for the groupies meet in December. Wouldn't that be cool?!

Thanks!
Jill

Old 10-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #1514
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Moose dust coming, your way, Jill! Keep us posted and let us know how you do.

Enjoy your trip, Inkmahm! Have never had one of those cranberry thingies. Is it sweet or tart? Sounds like you are having wonderful weather! Enjoy your trip!

Don't you just love WD's countdown? I love it because when he posts his count, I know that I'll be there 3 days before him! Keep up the count WD!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #1515
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer4bison View Post
Hi Groupies!

I consider myself a very blessed and lucky person but this week I could use some extra "moose dust" from my groupie pals. Every year since the Walt Disney World Moms Panel began I have submitted an application to be one of their online panelists. This year I made it to Round 2 of the selection process. I am so excited!!

This week we find out if we have made it to round 3. While I know that the odds are stacked against me, I sure would love to have the opportunity to work on the 2011 Moms Panel. If you have some "moose dust" to spare, could you send it my way? If I am selected I would get to join some of you for the groupies meet in December. Wouldn't that be cool?!

Thanks!
Jill
Definitely! That's so cool. I would love to be part of that panel, and have tried three years now... and three years it's been a no go. Last year's token male is now part of our Dad's Club thread, and it's cool to know someone with that experience now. Hope you make it Jill!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: