DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #136
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
Wow! A new thread! Eliza what a wonderful start! groupies! Just returned from the world. he weather was the hottest in 116 years! It put a cramp in our park time
Hi Blossom! We go away for 8 measly (and horrifically HOT!!!!) days and Eliza has started a beautiful new thread!!! Hopefully my texting buddy and I will have another opportunity to meet again soon.

We also had a great time, and even though we go every summer, this past week was so hot~I was also surprised at how crowded he parks were. We had a wonderful visit at our beloved Lodge and decided we all need to get back there for a stay ASAP!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #137
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Good morning Groupies...time to root on the US Soccer team to the next round!!
We were having lunch at ESPN during the England/Algeria match up, all I can say is YIKES! The 3 men in my house love sports and can get pretty rowdy during a Bruins or Patriots game, but man, the British soccer fans are something else!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2010, 06:58 PM   #138
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

OK, last post from me tonight (I promise! lol), but I had to say I never even NOTICED the new name until I was reading the old thread! Can I blame it on jet lag? Oh wait...I have been home for 4 days.

Anyway, I LOVE the new thread name! Great job Granny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #139
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
DLI - just noticed your new avatar. Love the pic!

Thanks! I stole it off the web though. I have tried to make my pup my avatar but I just can't seem to do it.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #140
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
OK, last post from me tonight (I promise! lol), but I had to say I never even NOTICED the new name until I was reading the old thread! Can I blame it on jet lag? Oh wait...I have been home for 4 days.

Anyway, I LOVE the new thread name! Great job Granny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you like it. As with many good things, it was a group effort!!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 06-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #141
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Totally OT: no redeeming quality at All

For our new groupies, every once in a while I’ll post a story that has no redeeming value whatsoever except to make us chuckle. They are usually stories about life’s wackiness and rarely are related to WL. I apologize in advance.

I have a wonderful mechanic, Marc who happens to live in my development. This makes it very easy on me because I just leave the keys with him in the morning and he usually drops my car off at my house on his way home.

Yesterday, I gave my car to Marc for routine service and at lunch stopped by the shop to pick it up. Sitting in the waiting area was an attractive young lady waiting for her Black Nissan Maxima to get finished. After a few minutes another women 35ish arrived and this was the conversation.

35 year old (wife): Hi, is Alex here?

So we looked around and reply that nobody else was here except us. To which she said, Well isn’t that his Black Maxima?

Young lady (girlfriend): No, that’s my boyfriend’s car that I brought in for service
35 year old (wife) : No, that’s my husband’s car!!

Now at this point, Marc and I are wondering how much damaged is going to be done to the waiting area and Marc’s 75 yo father who works with him, looks like he just hit the jackpot at a “girls gone wild” film festival.

Marc immediately takes charge and tells the girlfriend to go out to the car and get the registration, when she leaves he turns to the wife and says I’m going to call the cops because if this is a stolen vehicle I can get in trouble for not reporting it. He simply wanted to separate the two.
After a moment girlfriend comes back with registration, insurance card and Mr. Alex’s credit card and shows it to Marc. five awkward minutes later the girlfriend declares that she is leaving with the car. She says, Alex gave me the car to use, I brought it in here and I’m going home with it. Wifey says: “Over my dead body” to which girlfriend says: “that works for me"!!
At this point the Calvary (police) arrives and after some tense moments negotiating (with ample use of phrases that rhyme with witch and more) decide that the best thing to do would be to have Mr. Alex come down and straighten this mess out.

After some time, Mr. Alex arrives and immediately figures out that life as he knew it has about to end, claims the girlfriend is actually an office worker who graciously offered to bring in his car as a favor, to which girlfriend showed her objection by wrapping her hands around Alex’s throat. Right about now Marc has figured out he probably won't get paid for this job.

The old guy (my dh) is currently working on a post entitled "101 things NOT to say to your wife" because when Marc and I got home and related the days events he said & I quote:
"See, this is why you never have your girlfriend and your wife living in the same city".

Way wrong answer dude!

Stay cool groupies
Old 06-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #142
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Great story eliza! Sometimes it pays to be a fly on the wall.

I'm hoping something similar happens to a certain someone and his 2 GFs. They think they're too smart to get caught.

---------------
Countdown says:
12 days left to BLT/VWL!

Last edited by twinklebug; 06-24-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #143
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo! Got my iPhone 4 this morning! It's great so far!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #144
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Wow Eliza that's quite the story! Sometimes you just can't make this stuff up!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #145
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
For our new groupies, every once in a while I’ll post a story that has no redeeming value whatsoever except to make us chuckle. They are usually stories about life’s wackiness and rarely are related to WL. I apologize in advance.

I have a wonderful mechanic, Marc who happens to live in my development. This makes it very easy on me because I just leave the keys with him in the morning and he usually drops my car off at my house on his way home.

Yesterday, I gave my car to Marc for routine service and at lunch stopped by the shop to pick it up. Sitting in the waiting area was an attractive young lady waiting for her Black Nissan Maxima to get finished. After a few minutes another women 35ish arrived and this was the conversation.

35 year old (wife): Hi, is Alex here?

So we looked around and reply that nobody else was here except us. To which she said, Well isn’t that his Black Maxima?

Young lady (girlfriend): No, that’s my boyfriend’s car that I brought in for service
35 year old (wife) : No, that’s my husband’s car!!

Now at this point, Marc and I are wondering how much damaged is going to be done to the waiting area and Marc’s 75 yo father who works with him, looks like he just hit the jackpot at a “girls gone wild” film festival.

Marc immediately takes charge and tells the girlfriend to go out to the car and get the registration, when she leaves he turns to the wife and says I’m going to call the cops because if this is a stolen vehicle I can get in trouble for not reporting it. He simply wanted to separate the two.
After a moment girlfriend comes back with registration, insurance card and Mr. Alex’s credit card and shows it to Marc. five awkward minutes later the girlfriend declares that she is leaving with the car. She says, Alex gave me the car to use, I brought it in here and I’m going home with it. Wifey says: “Over my dead body” to which girlfriend says: “that works for me"!!
At this point the Calvary (police) arrives and after some tense moments negotiating (with ample use of phrases that rhyme with witch and more) decide that the best thing to do would be to have Mr. Alex come down and straighten this mess out.

After some time, Mr. Alex arrives and immediately figures out that life as he knew it has about to end, claims the girlfriend is actually an office worker who graciously offered to bring in his car as a favor, to which girlfriend showed her objection by wrapping her hands around Alex’s throat. Right about now Marc has figured out he probably won't get paid for this job.

The old guy (my dh) is currently working on a post entitled "101 things NOT to say to your wife" because when Marc and I got home and related the days events he said & I quote:
"See, this is why you never have your girlfriend and your wife living in the same city".

Way wrong answer dude!

Stay cool groupies
Sounds like a TV show. . .wait! It probably is!

Old 06-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #146
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
That's nice, but how many more days???

Eliza,

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #147
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Oh Kat Sending Prayers and Pixie Dust for you and all of your loved ones facing such difficult times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Oh Kat4, many prayers for your family. That is a lot to handle. Let me know if you want me to put you on the first page.

Scary about the bank situation
Thank you tea pot and Muushka! Good news yesterday - my niece's tests showed she does not have cancer. And my BIL's surgery went well. Now we are just waiting for the pathalogy report to come back.

Things seem to be business as usual with the new bank taking over - even though the name is a little unusual and I had to look up how to pronounce it for certain. Umpqua Bank. I guess the FDIC is getting this bank closure down pat which is good for our account but sad to say.

DLI - love your new picture!!

And Eliza!! Soap Opera's have nothing on real life.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #148
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
WildernessDad,
Did I see you on TV sleeping outside the Apple store at 3:00 AM?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #149
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Thank you tea pot and Muushka! Good news yesterday - my niece's tests showed she does not have cancer. And my BIL's surgery went well. Now we are just waiting for the pathalogy report to come back.

Things seem to be business as usual with the new bank taking over - even though the name is a little unusual and I had to look up how to pronounce it for certain. Umpqua Bank. I guess the FDIC is getting this bank closure down pat which is good for our account but sad to say.
Great news Kat! I'll keep the prayers coming.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #150
tea pot
DIS Veteran

eliza You need to compile all of these in a book.
Could be marketed as the best medicine going!

WD Congrats

Kat as horeslover said great news and yes prayers still coming

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: