Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Alpine Magic- Back June 6-June 14 !!!

I got home a little while ago from the Alpine Magic Trip. All I can say is what an amazing trip it was . I met some great people who will be friends for life and had an awesome time. I had such a great trip that I am looking for the new itineraries in August, I am going on a trip next year. I had major issues with the flight going to Milan, first plane had a mechanical issue and never left the gate, second plane well we left the gate and started take off and the pilot aborted the take off as he had hydrolic system failure the third plane , which I honestly thought they wouldn't have turned out to be a charm and we finally took off 5 hours late so the first day I didn't get to do much and was very tired and stressed but after that it was a very smooth trip. I give major kudos to American Airlines and how they handled the whole issue with the planes, they even gave me extra miles for the inconvience they were awesome as well.

I will be posting a trip report in a few days I need to get myself back to reality and download all my pictures, I think I took about 500 of them. RSM I will send you a PM with some helpful info.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
I got home a little while ago from the Alpine Magic Trip. All I can say is what an amazing trip it was . I met some great people who will be friends for life and had an awesome time. I had such a great trip that I am looking for the new itineraries in August, I am going on a trip next year. I had major issues with the flight going to Milan, first plane had a mechanical issue and never left the gate, second plane well we left the gate and started take off and the pilot aborted the take off as he had hydrolic system failure the third plane , which I honestly thought they wouldn't have turned out to be a charm and we finally took off 5 hours late so the first day I didn't get to do much and was very tired and stressed but after that it was a very smooth trip. I give major kudos to American Airlines and how they handled the whole issue with the planes, they even gave me extra miles for the inconvience they were awesome as well.

I will be posting a trip report in a few days I need to get myself back to reality and download all my pictures, I think I took about 500 of them. RSM I will send you a PM with some helpful info.
Welcome back, Tozzie! Glad the trip made up for the plane troubles. Can't wait to read your trip report!
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

Welcome home Tozzie. Sure glad the third plane was able to get off the ground. I can't wait to read all about your trip. I finally talked my DW into going on this trip next year. I really hope ABD includes it next year as I'll be really disappointed if they don't.
Diskidatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Welcome Back, Tozzie! I'm really looking forward to your report! This does look like quite the itinerary!

Sorry the flight out sucked, but glad the trip made up for it!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #5
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Well, I know the trip report is coming, but in the meantime Tozzie, can you tell us what was your favorite part of the trip? And did you go paragliding?
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
DallasMom
Earning My Ears

Loved Alpine Magic!

We just got last night from the same trip with Tozzie - what a fabulous time we had. I highly recommend the Alpine Magic trip. Our favorite part? The time spent in Zermatt - a beautiful little town that was absolutely gorgeous. No paragliding for any of us on the trip and the clouds covered the Matterhorn but no matter - it was terrific. Marc and Marco (with Maddie in training) were our guides and they did a top notch job. Marc and Maddie are taking the rest of the Alpine Magic itineraries this summer as Marco will focus on Italian trips.
DallasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
airbear
Earning My Ears

welcome home! So glad you enjoyed your trip. We leave in 3 weeks. Can't wait
airbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

Welcome back DallasMom. This trip sounds so amazing, I can't wait to read all about it. One question that I have to anyone that has been on this trip is whether there is a lot of down time or does the itinerary keep you pretty busy all day?
Old 06-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #9
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskidatheart View Post
Welcome back DallasMom. This trip sounds so amazing, I can't wait to read all about it. One question that I have to anyone that has been on this trip is whether there is a lot of down time or does the itinerary keep you pretty busy all day?
I am still thinking about the trip, it was wonderful. As for down time with the exception of the day you spend in Lake Como, you have a couple of hours free each afternoon. I have to agree that Zermatt was a wonderful little town as was Stresa, I am actually trying to figure out what I liked the most as each location had a different feel. I do recommend this trip for anyone, in Switzerland the views and scenery are just amazing.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
laurenmiadad
Earning My Ears

Alpine Magic 8/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post

Tozzie

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. We are going on the same trip starting on 8/5/10 and are very excited.

I am struggling with our packing list and was looking for some advice on style of clothing, footware choices and availability of laundry services at our three hotels. Prior to this trip we will be in Venice for 3 days and after the trip we are heading to France for a week so trying to not pack a steamer trunk for each of us!

Do the hotels have wi-fi that is reasonable and/or are there internet cafe's near our hotels?

ATM machines to access I assume are everywhere?

Thanks in advance, can't wait to see your trip posted.

rich
laurenmiadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #11
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmiadad View Post
Tozzie

Prior to this trip we will be in Venice for 3 days and after the trip we are heading to France for a week so trying to not pack a steamer trunk for each of us!

rich
I am hoping to do this trip in 2011 and had thought about doing Venice beforehand also since we loved it so much on our Viva Italia trip. How are you planning to get from Venice to Milan? by train? Is ABD still doing your transfers to Stresa?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #12
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home Tozzie! Now maybe you can take some of the pressure off of SayHello to pump out her TR!!

Cant wait for pics and details!
HappyGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #13
laurenmiadad
Earning My Ears

venice to milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskidatheart View Post
I am hoping to do this trip in 2011 and had thought about doing Venice beforehand also since we loved it so much on our Viva Italia trip. How are you planning to get from Venice to Milan? by train? Is ABD still doing your transfers to Stresa?
We are taking a train from venice to milan, then hopefully a cab from the train station to the airport to meet ABD team to start the trip!!

ri
laurenmiadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #14
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmiadad View Post
Tozzie

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. We are going on the same trip starting on 8/5/10 and are very excited.

I am struggling with our packing list and was looking for some advice on style of clothing, footware choices and availability of laundry services at our three hotels. Prior to this trip we will be in Venice for 3 days and after the trip we are heading to France for a week so trying to not pack a steamer trunk for each of us!

Do the hotels have wi-fi that is reasonable and/or are there internet cafe's near our hotels?

ATM machines to access I assume are everywhere?

Thanks in advance, can't wait to see your trip posted.

rich

I brought capri's/crop pants and tee type tops which were fine, I brought a good pair of sneakers which were fine for daily activities, I also had a pair of flip flops and a pair of flat white shoes. Everyone dressed a little nicer for the farewell dinner. One word of advice bring an umbrella, we had about 4 days where it rained and while ABD does provide ponchos, I wished I had my umbrella.

The hotels all had internet service but it wasn't wifi, the Regina Palace had wifi in the lobby and bar. The service was costly at the Regina Palace and the Schweiterhof hotel I don't remember at the Alpen Resort

The three hotels had laundry service but not self service, I know someone had 3 shirts done at the Alpen resort and it was 34 Francs I don't know what the other hotels charged.

Banks and ATM's are plentiful, in Stressa there is a bank down the block from the hotel, the same is true of lucerne. I know I saw atms in Zermatt as well.

It really was a fabulous trip and I am now anxiously waiting for the new itineraries for 2011 to come out. I will start to put my trip report up this weekend.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #15
DallasMom
Earning My Ears

ATMs were very plentiful and an easy way to get money. We didn't use laundry service anywhere but I know another family went to a self-service laundry in Stresa. The guides found it for them. It was a lot cheaper than going through the hotels.

A windbreaker and an umbrella were both very helpful. Otherwise, casual clothes work well with comfortable walking shoes. Having a couple of a tad nicer outfits for evening - particular the farewell dinner would be good (no ties or anything more like a collared shirt and slacks for the men and a casual dress/skirt or slacks and a blouse for women). Be sure and pack swimsuits - the first two hotels have pools. The hotel in Stresa has particularly nice indoor and outdoor pools.
DallasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: