Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #676
pbruce706
Mouseketeer

I was a little worried about whether I'd be able to do the ride. I'm a heavy 45 year old, 42 waist, longer torso, shorter legs (30 legs, 36 arms, yeah, I'm a gorilla!) weigh about 250 pounds.

No one questioned me, I hopped on one of the outside seats, pulled down the restraint and saw the green light (although I thought I only heard two clicks). Rode it twice with no issue whatsover.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #677
ky07
Proud Redhead
Earning My Globe •o•
Yeah and we all are trying to get together

While I only rode it once I am a big guy 6ft 270 and almost every ride for me is the restraint is the problem cause of my chest but found I have no problem with FJ
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #678
amyhschwartz
Earning My Ears

May have missed it as a scrolled through-- can we talk about low limits? What kids are they letting on? We're going in dec w 5 kids and the youngest will be five and scrawny. What's acceptable? Tia!!!
amyhschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #679
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhschwartz View Post
May have missed it as a scrolled through-- can we talk about low limits? What kids are they letting on? We're going in dec w 5 kids and the youngest will be five and scrawny. What's acceptable? Tia!!!
Must be 48" tall.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #680
amyhschwartz
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much!
amyhschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #681
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom31 View Post
I went and fit no problem. I'm 5'4" about 250 lbs. 44DD, mostly a size 22. Plus I was wearing jeans and had a big wallet in one front pocket and a camera in the other making me even wider than I already am. I got 2 clicks but thought I heard 3 so didn't try for the last one but the CM was like whoops one more and pushed lightly for the 3rd.
Thank you for putting true sizes up. Weight and height can still be way different from person to person. I should be fine! Hooray!

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #682
johde
DIS Veteran

I'm 6'4" and a little over 300lbs. I just barely made it on during my trip over new years eve. For those who are interested here's a picture of me in a local half marathon from last may. My biggest problem was my shoulders and the sides of the seat. By the time I got my shoulders back my chest was sticking out a little bit farther than normal.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #683
HarleyGirl514
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by johde View Post
I'm 6'4" and a little over 300lbs. I just barely made it on during my trip over new years eve. For those who are interested here's a picture of me in a local half marathon from last may. My biggest problem was my shoulders and the sides of the seat. By the time I got my shoulders back my chest was sticking out a little bit farther than normal.
Thanks for posting that pic-it really helps to get a better idea of who fits for my DH. He's very broad chested & shouldered. does the harness fit more on the chest or on the stomach? He's about your height and weight btw.

DH , Me , DD (12) DS (11) , DS (9) , DD (6) , DS (5)
HarleyGirl514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #684
johde
DIS Veteran

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. When you look at the test seat.

My biggest problem was my shoulders fitting comfortably between the medal sides of the seat. So, instead of my back being flat against the back of the seat it was slightly curved pushing my chest out. That was especially true when moving my arms around to get the restraint down. I was able to get it clicked partially on my own then the ride op was able to get the last click needed to be able to ride.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #685
HarleyGirl514
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for that! It definitely helps visualize the harness better. I so hope my DH fits! He would be so disappointed if he couldn't ride it!

DH , Me , DD (12) DS (11) , DS (9) , DD (6) , DS (5)
HarleyGirl514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #686
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

The shoulder distance is really the difficult part of it. If they didn't have the side walls more people could fit the seat. But for broad-shouldered people, especially if they carry extra weight in their torso, it's really very difficult.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #687
luvthatdisney
I wish I was in Cali!!!

Just was there this past weekend and was very worried I would not be able to ride. I am tall for a female (5'11"), but I am also heavy around the waist down through my thighs. I wear a size 20 tall pants; however, my chest and arms are just average size.

I was told when I tried the first set of seats out front that they only have to get a green or yellow light. Only those with the red light cannot ride. I did get a yellow light and 2 clicks. I was told to ride in the outer seats as they are larger. I was not asked to try the seats inside the queue, they let me pass.

When I got on the ride, the seat was snug around my thighs, rear and stomach area, but I fit and got the yellow light. The person locking the harness, pushed hard on mine and said I got a green light. It was tight, but I could breathe and was able to ride (I would have rode even if I could not breathe!!). My chest area was fine as I carry my weight below my waist. I could see those with broad shoulders or large chest would have problems.

One thing I felt helped is that I wore very light capri pants (it was very warm) kind of like yoga pants material that was very stretchy. It let my weight mold into the seat and move around a bit. That sounds horrible, but had I been wearing jeans I do not know if i would have been able to fit as I would not have been able to move around to fill in all of the space as well.

I hope that helps someone as it is a great ride!! Since everyone is built differently it is really hard to know if you will fit or not. I would have been embarrassed if I was not able to ride, but we rode that first and there were not many people out front most were still down in the shops area. I was determined to try!!
luvthatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #688
XxDisneyfanxX
Earning My Ears

I'm actually headed to USO in a few hours. I am extremely nervous about riding the rides. I am 5'5 about 250lbs. I am a 40c and wear a 16/18 pant size. I am having serious anxiety problems about not being able to fit. I have read some of the posts and it seems like I should be able to fit. I shall let you know of my experience after today.
XxDisneyfanxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #689
sz9144
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDisneyfanxX View Post
I'm actually headed to USO in a few hours. I am extremely nervous about riding the rides. I am 5'5 about 250lbs. I am a 40c and wear a 16/18 pant size. I am having serious anxiety problems about not being able to fit. I have read some of the posts and it seems like I should be able to fit. I shall let you know of my experience after today.
I am 5'1, and wear a 16/18 and a 40c and I fit with plenty of room to spare in the seat- enjoy! And make sure nothing loose is in your pockets!
sz9144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #690
CPanther95
Mummyketeer

Last time I was there, I was 6'2 250lbs. FJ was no problem at all.

To compare - Dudley DRRF was very tight getting in and out (legs wedging in). Hulk was moderately uncomfortable (harness pressing on chest). HRRR was borderline painful on the chest just going to the first click on the shoulder harness.
CPanther95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: