Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #631
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedogged View Post
Just got back. I am 5'5", 230 pounds and my daughter is 5'5' and weighs 180. Neither of us could ride! We have large busts and the ride attendants would not push the bar down. Universal will not get any more of our money! I hope they are listening!
This is stressful. Vacation should not so stressful. I am 5'4 and am 180 pounds with large breasts. I am afraid to even try now. By bra size is 40 dd. Any other reports? Can my hubby push mine bar down?
lomillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #632
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomillerin View Post
This is stressful. Vacation should not so stressful. I am 5'4 and am 180 pounds with large breasts. I am afraid to even try now. By bra size is 40 dd. Any other reports? Can my hubby push mine bar down?
Sorry that I stressed you out. There are test seats available outside the ride to see if you fit, but we did early entry and could not get near them. I will say that the situation regarding our not fitting was handled with sensitivity by a very sweet teenager. I hope that you have more success than we did. It was very disappointing.
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #633
KDilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am 6'4" and 280lbs. most of the rides I can squeeze in but a couple I have to get squeezed into lol

Good part about being big and scary looking, when I say push... they push hahaha

-KD
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #634
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckaboo View Post
This forum has been so helpful to me that I wanted to share the experience we had this morning... The CM loading the ride said that as of yesterday, there had been a policy change and that they are no longer allowed to assist during loading by gently pushing on the restraint to get the right number of clicks (which they have done on many prior visits). The CM was extremely apologetic and said ther this was due to people getting hurt. So I wanted to share... Despite many previous rides, the person I was with could not ride... And it is not fun to leave the ride at the end of the loading platform.
just requoting what one homie posted.

this is probably the reason that the TM's can not do the push on the restraint.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #635
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDilly View Post
I am 6'4" and 280lbs. most of the rides I can squeeze in but a couple I have to get squeezed into lol

Good part about being big and scary looking, when I say push... they push hahaha

-KD
Unfortunately that won't be the case anymore. The TM's are not going to risk anyone's safety (or their jobs) in order to squeeze people in. They will pull it down until it touches you and then instruct you to do the final clicks. It's disappointing that this will allow fewer people to ride, but it is what it is.
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #636
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

Will they allow my DH to push it?
lomillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #637
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Will they allow my DH to push it?
No; nobody is allowed to push on the restraint except you. If you are unsure about fitting just try the test seat outside. It's not embarrassing as some people just like to test out how it feels.
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #638
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkofSunshine View Post
No; nobody is allowed to push on the restraint except you. If you are unsure about fitting just try the test seat outside. It's not embarrassing as some people just like to test out how it feels.
i was with a friend one time that didn't know if he would fit in the ride.
he didn't want to embarrass himself, he said.

i told him to sit in the test seat and i would take his picture......
said it loudly so others around would think tourist doing pic time.

actually, it really was to check if he would fit in the seat.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #639
MIChessGuy
Mouseketeer

This new "no help" policy makes me wonder how closely the test seats match the ride seats. I remember early reports (before the extended seats were deployed) about people failing the test seats but succeeding in the ride seats, and vice versa. Are there still test seats both outside and inside, including "extended" test seats? I got used to telling them "Yeah, I have used the extended seat before" and stopped thinking about this stuff. D'oh
MIChessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #640
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIChessGuy View Post
This new "no help" policy makes me wonder how closely the test seats match the ride seats. I remember early reports (before the extended seats were deployed) about people failing the test seats but succeeding in the ride seats, and vice versa. Are there still test seats both outside and inside, including "extended" test seats? I got used to telling them "Yeah, I have used the extended seat before" and stopped thinking about this stuff. D'oh
I never tried the outside test seats. I went down there the August/Sept right after Harry Potter World opened in June and spent a week at Universal. I made early opening every day that week and rode FJ repeatedly, sitting in an end seat and letting the CM push the restraint to get that third click. On Thursday of that week, I had ridden it like three times and on the fourth time through the single rider line a different CM was there in the loading area. He told me I needed to get off as I didn't fit. I told him I had just ridden it three times in a row and had just gotten off less than five minutes before, and that the other CMs had just pushed a little to get that third click. He informed me that they were not allowed to do that as it would eventually break the locking mechanism and that I needed to depart the ride. In shock, I did so. I then went back later. There was another CM there on the moving loading belt, and I got on with no problem, with him giving that little push I needed to get the third click. I could get two on my own, just not the third. I then continued to ride it several times, every morning for the next two days and never had another problem. It was just that one CM that wouldn't give the little push.

Since they've changed the locking mechanism on those end seats, I have not had a problem getting the green light on my own. Sure hope they don't change those locking mechanisms back again. I'm 5'6" and about 230lbs (not big chested though lol--most of my weight is in my stomach and hips). I rode it several times earlier this month when I was down there. I just made sure I had one of the end seats.

Last edited by aubriee; 05-31-2012 at 12:08 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #641
anierodzik
Earning My Ears

Just back from HP. I am 215 lbs, 5' 6", 42D. My husband in 5' 6" 230lbs, mostly shoulders and gut. We both fit with no problems. They did tell me "make sure you sit in the outside seats." I assume this was because of my size, not because I was with my kids. We did not try the test seats at the entrance.
anierodzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #642
Mikkimús
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
One of the Orlando Magic who is 6' 11" rode it.
thank you, my bf is almost 6´5 and i was starting to panic because i didnt see anyone post that is tall
he is only about 165 lbs so i dont worry about that part, tho he might fly out of the seat
Universal studios & IOA, Florida 2010
Universal studios & IOA, Florida 2012-Hard Rock Hotel

Mikkimús is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #643
mcgregml
Trip Planner of Doom!

Well, this is a depressing development to hear...

I managed to ride FJ last year weighing 300 pounds. I'm average height and busty (5'4" and 44DD) but not overly hippy and got the "yellow" from the ride attendant at the test seats. He said that I would feel pressure on my stomach for about five minutes, would that be okay? I'm such a Potter junkie I'm pretty sure that I would have said yes to anything at that point, but it really wasn't uncomfortable to ride at all and it was fantastic!

Now, even though I've been doing Weight Watchers since last August and have lost about 40 pounds, I'm nervous all over again. I figured this was at least one thing I didn't have to worry about on this trip .

I understand the safety reasons, and I do want everyone to be safe and this will push me to continue losing weight. But, since my trip is the middle of June, I'm not going to have a huge difference in weight when I go. So nervous now...
mcgregml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #644
Bagherra
Earning My Ears

What are my odds?

I treid to ride fj last year and barely got one click. I decided to lose weight, and am down over a hundred pounds. My waist currently is 44"-46" depending on time since last meal and hydration state. I am six foot even wirh fairly broad shoulders and about 300#. Was all my effort for naught? Should i do stair master 12 hours a day for the next few weeks?
Bagherra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #645
CyndiLooWho
DIS Veteran

We were just there a week ago. I am 5'4", 186#, 40C.

Having read this thread, I was concerned about fitting and tried the larger test seat outside. It clicked easily and I was told I could sit in any seat I wanted.

When I actually got on the ride, I was in seat 4, and was asked to switch with the lady next to me. I knew it was b/c she was larger than me and might have fit problems, but she had absolutely no clue. So I rode in the "regular" seat at my size with no issues whatsoever.
CyndiLooWho is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: