Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #601
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam View Post
Hi

Thanks so much for this info.
I'm a 26 in tops and trousers. Depending on the top, sometimes I'm a 24 others, a 28.
I'm 46/48DD chest size & think I won't bother riding this until I've lost weight again.

I would however like to know from anyone if I can get into Hogwarts OR if theres a cafe nearby I can go to whilst my teen son rides.

Thanks so much

lam
You can wait with your son in line so you can experience the entire castle together, then at a certain point there is a door you can exit out of right before the ride starts. If the line is very long, do a castle tour first and then have your son stand in the single rider line
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #602
arkyte
Earning My Ears

Any chance to ride?

My parents just surprised me and my family with a trip to Universal Studios the first week of April.

The concern I'm having is that I'm a large person. Not one of these "6'3 265# people who have been posting as overweight. I'm 6'0 about 480#. I wear about a 56-58" pants (over gut). From reading the boards it sounds like Iím pretty much out of luck riding any of the main rides like Hulk, FJ, and probably the Mummy.

Any really big people have any luck?? I was a Disney World 2 years ago and had no problem riding anything and Iíve lost some weight since then.
arkyte is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #603
SgtClaymore
Mouseketeer

I am 6' 2" and 215 and it was a little tight and uncomfortable for me. Looks bigger from the outside!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #604
rascalmom
Business trips should include a little Disney
Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner! Go OU!
My middle name is Gullible!

Just an update -

I fit easily. Based on info from a pp, I did choose an end seat. My chest was a little smooshed, but not uncomfortable. We rode multiple times & I was never singled out to ride anywhere or do anything special....one go-round I did have one of the center two seats & it wasn't a problem there either.

Although I will say, I preferred the ride experience on the first seat - it just seemed like the most "fun" position.

So - 5'6", 245ish, 44H.....very doable!!
FW 74, 76, DI 83, CBR 99, OKW 00, Polynesian 01, CR-GV NYE O1/Jan 02, CR-Tower MK View May/June 02, ASMo/OKW July 03, OKW July 04, HRH 10/04, WL Concierge/SSR March 05, OKW June 05, SSR Christmas 2006. SSR July 2007, DL GCH March 2009, OKW May 2011, HRH/BLT Theme Park View March 2012
rascalmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #605
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

any chance a 5'9", 300# mcfattie like me is gonna fit? i suppose i will find out in another 8 days...but not holding my breath that i will fit
d1gitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #606
Gdad
I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing

6' 3" & 285lbs and I fit fine in the FJ end seats- as well as the mod'd seats on Hulk, Dragons & Rip Ride Rockit. Thanks to this thread for helping to keep me motivated- I've lost 40lbs this year and there is no way I could have fit on any of those rides three months ago.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #607
Badger Brent
DIS Veteran

I just got back a few hours ago from our trip to Orlando. Well, I lost 45 lbs and got down to 290 lbs (I'm 5'8). I tried the test seat outside of FJ and was borderline so I went ahead and went through the que anyways. The crew running the boarding area sent me right through and I got the modified seat. The person walking the and getting people on came up to me and said I needed one more click! She actually pushed pretty hard, but to no avail I couldn't ride FJ. I was a little bummed, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far.

Here's the positive, the belts on the airplane were comfortable and had 5 inches of slack in the belt! Fit into Muppets, CoP, Philharmagic, One Man's Dream, etc. seats a lot better than last year! The next trip will be probably be our last for a couple years, so hopefully the weight loss continues and so does the quaility of my life. Thanks for letting me use this thread as motivation to lose weight! Good luck to all on their efforts to get on FJ! Oh, and I had more pep to my step walking the parks for 7 days. No fatigue, foot problems, etc. Thanks again Brent.
Offsite Nov 2002,Offsite Aug 2003 Beach Club Dec. 2003,Wilderness Lodge May 2004, Poly Aug. 2004 Offsite Nov. 2004, Beach Club Dec. 2005, Offsite May 2007, Pop Dec. 2007,POR Dec. 2008,CBR Sept. 2010, All Star Sports Mar.2011, Off-site Mar.2012
Por Favor Mantenga se alejado de las puertas Love to hear that!!
Badger Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #608
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Brent View Post
I just got back a few hours ago from our trip to Orlando. Well, I lost 45 lbs and got down to 290 lbs (I'm 5'8). I tried the test seat outside of FJ and was borderline so I went ahead and went through the que anyways. The crew running the boarding area sent me right through and I got the modified seat. The person walking the and getting people on came up to me and said I needed one more click! She actually pushed pretty hard, but to no avail I couldn't ride FJ. I was a little bummed, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far.

Here's the positive, the belts on the airplane were comfortable and had 5 inches of slack in the belt! Fit into Muppets, CoP, Philharmagic, One Man's Dream, etc. seats a lot better than last year! The next trip will be probably be our last for a couple years, so hopefully the weight loss continues and so does the quaility of my life. Thanks for letting me use this thread as motivation to lose weight! Good luck to all on their efforts to get on FJ! Oh, and I had more pep to my step walking the parks for 7 days. No fatigue, foot problems, etc. Thanks again Brent.
i'm so sorry you didn't get to ride FJ....

but i am so happy for you on the weight loss!!!

you'll be on that ride next year.

i bet you feel so much better with the size you are now.

i appreciate you sharing with us on your road to losing weight.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #609
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkyte View Post
My parents just surprised me and my family with a trip to Universal Studios the first week of April.

The concern I'm having is that I'm a large person. Not one of these "6'3 265# people who have been posting as overweight. I'm 6'0 about 480#. I wear about a 56-58" pants (over gut). From reading the boards it sounds like Iím pretty much out of luck riding any of the main rides like Hulk, FJ, and probably the Mummy.

Any really big people have any luck?? I was a Disney World 2 years ago and had no problem riding anything and Iíve lost some weight since then.
I don't think you will be able to ride. DH can't ride and he's just an inch shorter and he's lighter. He can't ride FJ or any of the big coasters. If the Mummy did their lap bars differently he might be able to ride, but he has big muscular legs and can't get them between the bars of the lap bar, so he can't ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Brent View Post
I was a little bummed, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far.

Here's the positive, the belts on the airplane were comfortable and had 5 inches of slack in the belt! Fit into Muppets, CoP, Philharmagic, One Man's Dream, etc. seats a lot better than last year!
I'm proud of you, too! And those are some great changes, even if you're not quite to FJ yet. Wonderful progress!

For anyone who is interested...I highly recommend Weight Watchers if your'e trying to lose for FJ etc. While I did fit onto FJ, our last trip was so filled with foot exhaustion and overall exhaustion I finally took a long hard look at myself (though not in the mirror...I avoid mirrors still) and decided to rejoin WW. As soon as I told DH he was so happy and he rejoined, too. We finally see a light at the end of the tunnel, he finally feels like he WILL be able to ride the rides he SO wants to ride, even if it might take some time.

I've seen a lot of people on this thread who are successful at doing it on their own, but that's not something DH and I are good at, so if you're like us, their program is really good. In our opinion.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #610
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
i'm so sorry you didn't get to ride FJ....

but i am so happy for you on the weight loss!!!

you'll be on that ride next year.

i bet you feel so much better with the size you are now.

i appreciate you sharing with us on your road to losing weight.

I agree - you are truly an inspiration - hope you continue to share your journey!
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #611
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Brent, who'd have thought Harry Potter could inspire you in so many ways? Keep it up and for sure you'll be on that ride next time as well as even feeling more proud of yourself. I hope you continue to keep us posted!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #612
kanga24roos
Mouseketeer

my family and I are going to be in Universal in three weeks and I have been losing weight for over a year I've been doing it on my own and slowly I've lost 60 lbs and down to a size 16\18 depending on brand also a 40ddd.Any ideas if I will have luck on coasters? I have 4 boys who are looking forward to all the thrill rides and unfortunately even though Dad is thinner he has an implanted defibrulator due to heart disease and cannot ride anything anyway. I'm hitting the gym hard every day I really don't want to dissapoint my boys....we've all been looking forward to this for a loooong time
Old 04-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #613
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanga24roos View Post
my family and I are going to be in Universal in three weeks and I have been losing weight for over a year I've been doing it on my own and slowly I've lost 60 lbs and down to a size 16\18 depending on brand also a 40ddd.Any ideas if I will have luck on coasters? I have 4 boys who are looking forward to all the thrill rides and unfortunately even though Dad is thinner he has an implanted defibrulator due to heart disease and cannot ride anything anyway. I'm hitting the gym hard every day I really don't want to dissapoint my boys....we've all been looking forward to this for a loooong time
I think you'll be fine. My size is a bit bigger (but my chest a bit smaller) and I was fine on Rip Ride Rockit (where chest size isn't going to be an issue anyway) and Dragon Challenge. Snug, but fine. I assume I would have been find on Hulk but I didn't try.

Congrats on losing that, and on losing it alone (all I did on my own was gain!)!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #614
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

So what seems to be the for sure cut off to fit?
I realize it is about body shape which is why I am concerned. I am 5'4 and 185 .lb female. I wear 16/18 in pants from Old Navy (each store is different) and wear x-large in the tops. My chest size when measured around my arms and chest is 53-54 inches but under my arms is 43-44 inches. Not sure what measuremant is useful. I am unfortunately quite chesty. My bra size is 40DD.

Do I have a chance?
lomillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #615
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanga24roos View Post
I wear the same pants size and bra size. I was able to ride everything with no trouble when I went a few weeks ago for the first time. I think you will be fine. I wasn't even close to not fitting on anything. The "girls" were a little crowded at times but not too bad

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: