Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #586
lam
Mouseketeer
 
lam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Eire
Posts: 135

Sooo glad I found this thread and a big thank you to the Thread Starter & all participants.

I've been to Disney 5 years now and have NEVER visited IOA./

This year Ive planned a day at IOA BUT now realise I haven't a hope of fitting in many of the rides!!
I am 5ft 5 inches, and weigh approx 290 lbs. My chest is 48DD and weight is evenly distributed .

So my question is:
Is there a cafe or some place near the FJ and some of the other HP rides that I can go to whilst my son rides via the 'single line' queues?

thanks so much.
As for the rides-Well I did lose 42 lbs 2 years ago but put it all back on , so I guess I'll just have to start all over again so's I can ride with him next year!!!

lam
lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #587
princessmom29
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: AL
Posts: 8,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam View Post
Sooo glad I found this thread and a big thank you to the Thread Starter & all participants.

I've been to Disney 5 years now and have NEVER visited IOA./

This year Ive planned a day at IOA BUT now realise I haven't a hope of fitting in many of the rides!!
I am 5ft 5 inches, and weigh approx 290 lbs. My chest is 48DD and weight is evenly distributed .

So my question is:
Is there a cafe or some place near the FJ and some of the other HP rides that I can go to whilst my son rides via the 'single line' queues?

thanks so much.
As for the rides-Well I did lose 42 lbs 2 years ago but put it all back on , so I guess I'll just have to start all over again so's I can ride with him next year!!!

lam
I am about your height and weight with a 42DDD and just made it onto forbidden journey this weekend. I am a 26/28 pant and a 24 top if that helps. The guy on the belt had me drop my arms as low as possible and he had to push to get the last click, but once he did I was fine. It was tight, but not uncomfortable. My chest was the issue, not hips/thighs. My DH is 5'7" with a 50" chest and a 38" waist. He had to have the modified seats as well due to his chest size, but had NO problems fitting into the modified seat. He was able to get 3 clicks with room to spare. I only rode the one time becuase I got a little queasy, but he rode multiple times with no problems. It might be worth a shot to see if you can fit. I initally red lighted the test seat without help, but once the CM pushed the bar down a little I was fine.
I had no problems fitting into a regular seat on anything else I rode, but we didn't do anything with a height limit over 48" because my DD is short. The only thing I remember being at all questionable was Mummy, but I was more than comfortable there.
princessmom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #588
Nafinegar
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 268

Hoping I have done my work to fit!!!!

I have made it a mini-goal for my weightloss to fit comfortably on a "regular" seat on FJ. What are my odds?

Right now I weight 217. I am 5'7" with a small chest and the weight pretty evenly distributed otherwise. Right now I wear a 16W bottom and a 14R size top.

In one month I expect to weigh 6-8 pounds less and since I am doing some serious excercise, probably be one size smaller.

So, do I look on track for my goal? Either way I have lost 35 pounds and I am super proud of myself for that
Nafinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #589
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,109

i'm proud of you too for your weight lose.

losing weight is like a full time job........
gott stick with it and you have done wonderful with your goals.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #590
rascalmom
Business trips should include a little Disney
Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner! Go OU!
My middle name is Gullible!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: too far from WDW
Posts: 4,025

Gosh - I hope I fit! I have been dieting and have lost 15 lbs since 2/1, but I still have a long ways to go. Our trip starts 3/17 - so I might be able to get another 5 lbs off by then if I work hard.....and I am!

I'm currently 5'6 and 240......very hourglass shaped (probably at least a couple of hours squeezed in there ). The "girls" take up a lot of room...I wear a 44G or H. I usually take a 3x top because of this & wear a 22w pant.

Do you think I'll fit?

My only priority is FJ. I've been to Universal a few times before & will be content to let my daughters have fun at the park without me if I don't fit in other rides.

My tummy/hip area is pretty thick - I had to have a seatbelt extender on one of my recent flights. I'm more narrow around the upper waist/rib cage area.

The extender need was before the 15 lbs came off.
__________________
FW 74, 76, DI 83, CBR 99, OKW 00, Polynesian 01, CR-GV NYE O1/Jan 02, CR-Tower MK View May/June 02, ASMo/OKW July 03, OKW July 04, HRH 10/04, WL Concierge/SSR March 05, OKW June 05, SSR Christmas 2006. SSR July 2007, DL GCH March 2009, OKW May 2011, HRH/BLT Theme Park View March 2012
rascalmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #591
princessmom29
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: AL
Posts: 8,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafinegar View Post
I have made it a mini-goal for my weightloss to fit comfortably on a "regular" seat on FJ. What are my odds?

Right now I weight 217. I am 5'7" with a small chest and the weight pretty evenly distributed otherwise. Right now I wear a 16W bottom and a 14R size top.

In one month I expect to weigh 6-8 pounds less and since I am doing some serious excercise, probably be one size smaller.

So, do I look on track for my goal? Either way I have lost 35 pounds and I am super proud of myself for that
based on what I saw I would think that ou are going o be close , and it will depend on where crucial parts of you hit the harness. I dont think there is any way to know for sure until you get there, but you will definitely be finein a modified seat. if you dont want to have to try the test seat, you could jut take an end seat and no one would know you needed a modified seat if you just sat down on the outside without saying anything. the seats on either end of zevery 4 seat bench are modified.
princessmom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #592
Badger Brent
DIS Veteran
 
Badger Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The great Badger state!! (Wisconsin)
Posts: 625

Just a quick update! I'm down to 289lbs with 46lbs lost so far! Even If I don't fit on FJ, I feel great and don't plan on stopping after the trip. Less than two weeks to go, and I want to still get to at least 280. Wish me luck. Brent
__________________
Offsite 1989Honeymoon,CBR May 1998,DxL May 2000
All Star Sports/WLV May 2001,
CBR Dec 2001,Offsite Aug 2002
Offsite Nov 2002,Offsite Aug 2003 Beach Club Dec. 2003,Wilderness Lodge May 2004, Poly Aug. 2004 Offsite Nov. 2004, Beach Club Dec. 2005, Offsite May 2007, Pop Dec. 2007,POR Dec. 2008,CBR Sept. 2010, All Star Sports Mar.2011, Off-site Mar.2012
Por Favor Mantenga se alejado de las puertas Love to hear that!!
Badger Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #593
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle
 
EEyorelover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Brent View Post
Just a quick update! I'm down to 289lbs with 46lbs lost so far! Even If I don't fit on FJ, I feel great and don't plan on stopping after the trip. Less than two weeks to go, and I want to still get to at least 280. Wish me luck. Brent
Congrats!! HP is what started my son to drop his 85 pounds total. It's a lot of work and I wish you the best with it.
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #594
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,273

Good luck Brent! You've done great!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #595
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Brent View Post
Just a quick update! I'm down to 289lbs with 46lbs lost so far! Even If I don't fit on FJ, I feel great and don't plan on stopping after the trip. Less than two weeks to go, and I want to still get to at least 280. Wish me luck. Brent
Yaa Brent !!


you'll hit your goal, i just know it.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #596
Utfootballdiva
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 69

WWOHP Forbidden Journey and size

I am posting for anyone who is going in the near future and is worried about fitting on this ride as I was. I hope this helps someone.

I am 5'8 and weigh approximately 255lbs. I am big all over but do carry quite a bit of weight in my tummy and chest (44DD).

I was worried about some of the horror stories I had read about the "fat police" calling me out of the line but I never saw the "fat police" or saw anyone getting singled out due to size.

Once we got to the ride, a very polite young man that was instructing folks when to board approached me and said "take one of the end seats". The seats on the outside are the modified seats. No one else heard what he said and he did not say anything specifically about why...I knew so I nodded and jumped on the ride. It was in no way embarrassing or humiliating and I appreciated how he directed me in such an easy way.

I fit fine. The seats are very narrow (my thighs are big) but I fit. I pulled the restraint over me and pulled it in. I could not hear the clicks but it felt secure. The employee that checked each rider approached me and said "one more click ok?". I said "ok" and she pushed down and it clicked. She asked me if I was comfortable and I told her I was. The girls where a bit smooshed but nothing unbearable. I took a big sigh of relief at that point and enjoyed the ride!

I honestly do not think weight is the only factor. It's body shape. If I was shorter at my weight with my weight even more condensed to my mid area and chest I probably would not have been able to ride.

I had a thought that might be helpful to others...spanx or some kind of compression shirt under your t-shirt might help sort of suck things in enough to get on FJ or other coasters at Universal that you might feel iffy about. If I had thought of it prior to my trip, I probably would have done just that. There are compression shirts out there that wick sweat so it could have served double duty.
Utfootballdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #597
Nafinegar
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 268

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmom29 View Post
based on what I saw I would think that ou are going o be close , and it will depend on where crucial parts of you hit the harness. I dont think there is any way to know for sure until you get there, but you will definitely be finein a modified seat. if you dont want to have to try the test seat, you could jut take an end seat and no one would know you needed a modified seat if you just sat down on the outside without saying anything. the seats on either end of zevery 4 seat bench are modified.
Thanks for the info! I am not going to sweat it if I am in the modified seat. Using this a motivator has been helpful. I hit a big end of plateau and have jumped down to 213!!! I am doing a big push on exercise between now and 4/5 and I will be happy with wherever I end up. I'm still thinking that I will be another 6-8 pounds less when I arrive based upon my current losses
Nafinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #598
pixeegrl
DIS Veteran
 
pixeegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: eastern Shore of Virginia
Posts: 1,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utfootballdiva View Post
Once we got to the ride, a very polite young man that was instructing folks when to board approached me and said "take one of the end seats". The seats on the outside are the modified seats.
Thanks for sharing which seats! I will definitely let DH know to sit in one of the outside seats! He is 5'9" and 250 so I hope he can make it on! He is working on loosing weight and our trip is not till August so we will see!
__________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
-- Dr. Seuss
pixeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #599
princessmom29
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: AL
Posts: 8,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeegrl View Post
Thanks for sharing which seats! I will definitely let DH know to sit in one of the outside seats! He is 5'9" and 250 so I hope he can make it on! He is working on loosing weight and our trip is not till August so we will see!
DH is about 5'7" and 230 and he had no problem latching the harnass himself in the modified seats. He carrys most of his weight in the chest (50" chest and 38" waist)
princessmom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #600
lam
Mouseketeer
 
lam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Eire
Posts: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmom29 View Post
I am about your height and weight with a 42DDD and just made it onto forbidden journey this weekend. I am a 26/28 pant and a 24 top if that helps. The guy on the belt had me drop my arms as low as possible and he had to push to get the last click, but once he did I was fine. It was tight, but not uncomfortable. My chest was the issue, not hips/thighs. My DH is 5'7" with a 50" chest and a 38" waist. He had to have the modified seats as well due to his chest size, but had NO problems fitting into the modified seat. He was able to get 3 clicks with room to spare. I only rode the one time becuase I got a little queasy, but he rode multiple times with no problems. It might be worth a shot to see if you can fit. I initally red lighted the test seat without help, but once the CM pushed the bar down a little I was fine.
I had no problems fitting into a regular seat on anything else I rode, but we didn't do anything with a height limit over 48" because my DD is short. The only thing I remember being at all questionable was Mummy, but I was more than comfortable there.


Hi

Thanks so much for this info.
I'm a 26 in tops and trousers. Depending on the top, sometimes I'm a 24 others, a 28.
I'm 46/48DD chest size & think I won't bother riding this until I've lost weight again.

I would however like to know from anyone if I can get into Hogwarts OR if theres a cafe nearby I can go to whilst my teen son rides.

Thanks so much

lam
lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: