Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #556
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Brent View Post
I had a doctor's appointment today and I could'nt wait to see my progress. Well I'm down 12lbs to 318! I'm doing the low carbs diet with more emphasis on water and vegies and exercise. I know it's "water" weight that came off, but I feel better already. keep your fingers crossed, 270 or so is my goal.
Woot Badger!!!!! Keep it up!!!!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #557
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

Has there been any reports of people NOT fitting into the ride lately? It seems like Universal has taken care of this problem rather quickly and efficiently. Bravo Universal!

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #558
bvl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albytaps View Post
Has there been any reports of people NOT fitting into the ride lately? It seems like Universal has taken care of this problem rather quickly and efficiently. Bravo Universal!
Sadly, I am still one who didn't fit on FJ. I am a male, about 5'11" & 330lbs. I have relatively small shoulders, chest, and rear end, but have a pretty good size gut and thighs. I was able to get the test seat over my chest and shoulders pretty easily, but I still was at the red light when the restraint hit my belly. I decided to go through the line (amazing!) and try out the test seat inside with the attendant, and she confirmed that I could not ride. I did not push down hard on the restraint to see if I could muster a yellow light, though, and I kind of wish I had. So, if you are built at all like me, you may still have an issue.

Interestingly enough, I was able to ride DD in the larger modified seat. I had to get the attendant to push down slightly so that the belts would meet up, but it worked. I chickened out on riding the Hulk after my friends told me it whips the head around pretty brutally, but I could have ridden if I wanted. The only other thing I could not ride was Rock-it at the original park. That wasn't even close. My female friend, about 5'7" and 270, couldn't do that one either, but she was able to do FJ. I also was able to do the Mummy. I checked with the outside attendant to make sure I was ok in the test seat, and he said I would have no problem, but the indoor attendant wanted me to get one more click on the bar. I honestly don't even remember if I did, but they let me ride anyway, and I soon found out why they wanted it so tight! I got lots of airtime on that one, but it was fun.

Anyway, it sucked that I could not ride FJ, but the world itself is still pretty amazing. I enjoyed the fish and chips at the Three Broomsticks, as well as the Hog's Head beer. Don't be afraid to try the seat, and I can attest that if you can't ride, it's not the worst thing in the world and you will still enjoy your day.
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #559
Badger Brent
DIS Veteran

Bringing this up for people that don't realize that they may have a problem getting on rides at US/IoA. I started my diet the day after thanksgiving when I read this post. I'm down 30lbs and I am currently at 305. Trying to get down to around 260-270 by the end of March. Good luck to all trying to lose weight for the enjoyment of spending your time with family for ALL the rides!
Offsite Nov 2002,Offsite Aug 2003 Beach Club Dec. 2003,Wilderness Lodge May 2004, Poly Aug. 2004 Offsite Nov. 2004, Beach Club Dec. 2005, Offsite May 2007, Pop Dec. 2007,POR Dec. 2008,CBR Sept. 2010, All Star Sports Mar.2011, Off-site Mar.2012
Por Favor Mantenga se alejado de las puertas Love to hear that!!
Badger Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #560
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

congrats BBrent!!

you'll meet your goal easily!

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:42 AM   #561
AlienNation
I may not be able to tag anyone, but at least I can make crop circles!!
Sometimes I wonder if Texas is its own country

I went in October for HHN and during our stay we went to IOA for one of our days. I am 6'1" and 275 lbs but wasn't able to fit due to my shoulders being too broad. Was able to squeeze into RRR tho wasn't very comfortable at all.
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just smile back... - Em
AlienNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #562
kath1210
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to post for info that my husband tried to ride yesterday but did not fit. He is 5'7" and about 285 lbs. He carries most of his weight in his belly.

I was sad because the ride is so awesome!

:cat :
kath1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #563
Badger Brent
DIS Veteran

I'm down to 300 lbs now! I still want to get at least 40 more lbs. before the end of March. I hope being 5'8 and being at least 260 then will be good enough. Fingers crossed....I was originally 355 lbs in Sept. of 2010. So just getting 55 lbs has made a huge difference in my life. Thanks for the motivation everyone!
Offsite Nov 2002,Offsite Aug 2003 Beach Club Dec. 2003,Wilderness Lodge May 2004, Poly Aug. 2004 Offsite Nov. 2004, Beach Club Dec. 2005, Offsite May 2007, Pop Dec. 2007,POR Dec. 2008,CBR Sept. 2010, All Star Sports Mar.2011, Off-site Mar.2012
Por Favor Mantenga se alejado de las puertas Love to hear that!!
Badger Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #564
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i love hearing about the success you are making!!

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:47 AM   #565
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienNation View Post
I went in October for HHN and during our stay we went to IOA for one of our days. I am 6'1" and 275 lbs but wasn't able to fit due to my shoulders being too broad. Was able to squeeze into RRR tho wasn't very comfortable at all.
Hey AlienNation, can you tell me what kind of "harness or seatbelt" that RRR uses to hold you in? Is it an over the shoulder thing or just a lap thing? I ask because my DH is 6'5" and close to 300 lbs. He's very broad an just a big dude. I pretty much figure he won't be able to ride the Harry Potter thing, but he was able to ride Hulk and Mummy the last time we were there. Curious about RRR as well as the Dueling Dragon ride. Thanks.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #566
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Here's a picture for you of the RRR seats:

damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #567
Alahis
Lady Lurker is lurking (lurk moar)

Hi there !

I know it's a bit tricky to ask that, since you can't see "how I am", but I plan to go 1day to WWoHP and IoA and I wonder if I could fit in the FJ seats ? Because I'm not really a fan of "big" thrill rides (I love BTMR, but not coasters with inversion), so if I couldn't fit, I won't go in IoA (well....until I lose weight !)

295lbs, 5'6"with :
Chest : 52"
High : 52"
Hips : 53"

For your information, in Disneyland Paris, I fit all the seats and harness, even Crush Coaster (with the most annoying thight harness of all the parks I swear !) and "children" rides like the Tea Cup or Casey Jr or Car's Rallye in the Studios....And I can squeeze myself very thight too

Thank you for your help !

Was supposed to go to DL in September 2014....But a much better thing happened : I'm going to work as a CM in DLP around July 2014 !!!!

DLP : 1998 Disneyland Hotel, 1999 Newport Bay, 2000 Davy Crockett Ranch, 2001 Sequoia Lodge, One-day trip along 2009-2010, 2011 Santa Fe
WDW : Pop Century in 2012
Alahis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #568
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Here's a picture for you of the RRR seats:

Thanks damo. I'm assuming that "lap bar" opens up "horizontally"...for lack of a better term and then closes around. I think it might be a go for DH. Thanks

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #569
FanofG00fy
Mouseketeer

What "size" really?

I was re-directed to this board for my question. I have read a lot of it, but everyone is giving height and weight in inches and pounds. I know not everyone is built the same, but can someone give me a "guesstimation" on size.

We have women size 22, 24, 28, and 30, not waist size, but pant size and shirt sizes.

What size fits?

I know if you're taller you might fit. If you have a big belly and buttocks you might not.

Please someone, guesstimate a size that works. Will the 22 and 24 fit and not the 28 and 30. Or because the 28 is 5'11 and carries weight well, will she ride.

I know this is crazy, but we can figure out size better than height and weight.

Please can anyone help?

I'm just trying to stop embarrassment, and plan the trip.

Thanks so much!

Mom Dad Chris
FanofG00fy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #570
tippyproject
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoserMomma View Post
My husband fit, but barely. He's 6'4" and wears a 3XLT in shirts. I fit without any problem and I have a very generous bust.
I'm happy to hear the tall men are fitting in - even if just barely. My husband is 6'6" about 265 lbs. Built like a pro football player, broad shoulders, no butt and average thighs.

I hope he fits! We are headed there 2nd week of February.

On the other side, my daughter is right over 48 inches and thin. I hope they get her strapped in tight enough!
tippyproject is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: