Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #526
cuddles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
Sure am glad I was able to lose about 100 lbs... now if only I wouldn't get sick!
Lol...I just lost 50 lbs so now i will fit ok but I too hope I don't get sick! If it isn't one thing it's another.

Oh and congrats on the weight loss!

10 WEEKS AND COUNTING UNTIL WE GO!

I miss King Kong!
cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:04 AM   #527
Woodensheep
Earning My Ears

Any Possibility?

Hello everybody!
It seems like people have been having a lot of luck since the ride was modified and I was wondering what you thought about the following dimensions. I was hoping to take my wife for our anniversary, but don't want to risk embarressing her. She either wouldn't give me her dimensions or didn't know them, but she did tell me her dress size, which is a 30/32. From there I learned the typical dimensions are:

57 1/2 - 59 (BUST) 51 - 55 1/2 (Waist) 60 - 61 1/2 (Hips) 5'8" (Height)

Any Hope?

We've never had a problem at Disney, but from what I hear Universal in NO Disney in this regard.

THANX
Woodensheep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #528
marybeth200
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy Boy View Post
I'm not sure how FJ operates in terms of TM's pushing down on restraints, but my roommate is a Lead at Mummy, and they're not allowed to push on the restraints to make someone fit on the ride. The guest can do it themselves, or a family member can push, but the TM loading the vehicle can not. The reason being is because if they feel discomfort while on the ride, they can come back and say "I was uncomfortable and couldn't breathe (or whatever) because the employee pushed it too hard on me." FJ might have the same restriction, to avoid a liability.
It sounds like this is the rule but not all the TM's follow the rule. It makes the one that does follow the rule seem like the "bad guy"... Just an observation.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #529
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth200 View Post
It sounds like this is the rule but not all the TM's follow the rule. It makes the one that does follow the rule seem like the "bad guy"... Just an observation.
The rule for TMs is that they can use the force of one hand to get a guest to the three clicks.

Last edited by BrinkofSunshine; 06-19-2013 at 07:14 PM.
BrinkofSunshine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #530
dansamy
DIS Veteran

We went Dec '10. I am 5'6" and wear a ladies 20/22 bottom. I fit in the end seat with no problem. I didn't try a middle seat at all.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #531
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

I wear a 28 and am large chested as well.... I tried the test seat and while my bottom fit fine, I was unable to get a yellow light... so the ride was a no go for me.

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:39 AM   #532
TrainerBBD
Love Going To Theme Parks For Our Vacays :)

Just got back from 9 days at US. IOA, W&W and Sea World

I am 5'8" <Male> and around 325 or so .. I could not fit on FJ, Hulk, RRR, Dr Doom, Manta or Kraken ... I could get on all the simulation rides including MIB, Spiderman, Mummy, The Hippogrif coaster and Journey to Atlantis.... Basically if it had a lap bar I was fine but it if had the shoulder harness / tight seats it would not click.

The test seats were great and the TM's were very helpful and polite.

We had a great trip and look forward to future visits to the parks
2008 = WDW (Sept 8 - 19) ~ All Star Movie Resort (DD 1st Trip)
TrainerBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #533
mdargen
Mouseketeer

Do the modified seats have to get a green light/third click or just to the yellow/second click?

Flying across the country so my 6 year old daughter can live her Slytherin dream!
mdargen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #534
Dustin1357
Earning My Ears

If you fit on Hulk's modified seats are you likely to fit in WWOHP or is there a big difference?
Dustin1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #535
cmurray234
DIS Veteran

This is very helpful...though I'm starting to have anxiety about my trip in February.

I'm an 18/20 but due to the way I carry my weight (I've no hips or backside. I'm mostly thick-waisted, I guess), I've never once ever had trouble with a ride. I'm getting nervous now though! I've done many harness-type rides without any trouble.

I guess to be on the safe side, I'm going to lose weight. Harry Potter is as good a reason as any, I guess.
cmurray234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #536
Toot Sweet
Bbgrizzle was eaten by a 5-foot rooster!
Simmah Dan Nah!

I am going be there next week. I am worried about fitting onto FJ as well as some of the other rides (going to Universal and IOA).

Can someone tell me which of the other rides might also be a tight fit?

I am female, 5' 11", wear size 20. Weigh 260. Bra size 42C.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #537
mdargen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toot Sweet View Post
I am going be there next week. I am worried about fitting onto FJ as well as some of the other rides (going to Universal and IOA).

Can someone tell me which of the other rides might also be a tight fit?

I am female, 5' 11", wear size 20. Weigh 260. Bra size 42C.

Thanks!
I think you will be fine. I'm 5' 10" , wear between an 18-20 on the bottom (depending on what kind of pants), but I have a much smaller chest than you.

We just got back from our trip. My anxiety levels were through the roof with this ride. My husband didn't travel with us so it was just me and our 6 year old daughter so there was no one to give my harness that extra push.

We were staying onsite so we had the extra hour in the morning without all the crowds. The anxiety got worse as we got closer to the castle. My daughter and I stopped at the outside test seats and I got a yellow light. The girl there said if you can sit like this for about 5 minutes you are good to go. Anxiety eased up a bit but it wasn't gone because I remembered sometimes you fit outside but not inside.

Got to the queue, walked to our bench, and grabbed an end seat on the left with my daughter to the right of me. I lucked out the TM who helped me was awesome. I sat, raised my arms to pull it down, and he said "NO! Put your arms down and out!" I did as he said and with an extra push I was in!! I gave him a very loud "YOU JUST MADE OUR TRIP! I LOVE YOU!" I was more excited I fit into one of those seats than I was about the ride. LOL

My daughter absolutely LOVED it. She was so excited we got to share the experience. I'm glad I ride with her but I would never ride it again. When we got off I could barely walk and almost barfed. OMG the motion sickness was BAD!! I had a TM walk us behind a "staff only" fenced area because I was scared I wouldn't make it to the bathrooms. LOL

The only real advice I have is don't wear jeans. Wear bottoms that have some give. I wore a pair of black cotton capris. I really don't think I would have fit if I would have had jeans on.

I hope this helps. I took a picture of the test seats. Let me know if you would like to see it.

Flying across the country so my 6 year old daughter can live her Slytherin dream!
mdargen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #538
peaches00
Mouseketeer

Ok...leaving next week. Hubby is 6.' 5" and weighs 320. He was going to lose 20 pounds but that didn't happen. Please please please someone tell me he will fit in modified seat. We were there last year 2 days before modified seats were put in. He got one click then. I'm freaking. Anybody. Thanks

grand floridian 2002 poly club 2009 port Orleans 2011
royal pacific club 2007
Portofino bay club 2008,2010(x2)
peaches00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:38 PM   #539
3kidz4dis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezywhizzy View Post
If you don't mind me asking how big are your thighs around? Inches wise? You can pm me if you like.
could you pm me with that info too? I would appreciate it
3kidz4dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #540
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

I just got back from Florida and rode FJ last Sunday. I'm a 5'10" male, 52" waist and bottom heavy. I just barely fit into the outside seat. When the attendant pushed down to lock me in, I could barely breath. I could not fit into the seats for Dueling Dragons, however. I can't understand why Universal makes so many rides that leave a good percentage of the population out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: