Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #301
sbgclori
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellas Elensar View Post
Sorry, but I wanted to know this, so I posted it again. I am just wondering if this ride would be too intense in its movements. What are your thoughts?

P.S. My dimensions and stuff are in my previous post.

I dont think it is too intense.... I was fine most of the ride but I did get kind of motion sick near the end of the ride when it looks like you are flying... but that was right at the end and I could have closed my eyes and been fine... but I was not about to miss any part of the ride!
sbgclori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #302
SkittleKicks
Earning My Ears

OK, I'm here to recant my "I can't fit." If you're of longer leg, cross your legs at the ankle. I tried it, passed the green light with ease, the infamous "three clicks" came with no issue or assistance. If you keep your feet flat, you'll push up on the bar. I felt like an idjit.
SkittleKicks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #303
MIChessGuy
Mouseketeer

Very resourceful. In my case, I need to find somewhere else to put my midsection...
MIChessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #304
j9000
Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIChessGuy View Post
Very resourceful. In my case, I need to find somewhere else to put my midsection...
try sucking it up into your ribcage when you inhale and pull the restraint down, you might see 20-30 seconds of the ride before you black out
j9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #305
Nellas Elensar
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!!! I bought a trial size Dramamine today, just in case. ;P I've got to remember the crossing of the ankles...that is a nice tip.

Nellas Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #306
rKrispyt
Earning My Ears

Be Careful Nellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellas Elensar View Post
Thanks everyone!!! I bought a trial size Dramamine today, just in case. ;P I've got to remember the crossing of the ankles...that is a nice tip.
As someone who has enjoyed much of life thanks to the aid of her trusty Dramamine, just wanted to shoot you a tip - if it's not the extra strength, it will knock you out. The ones that are stronger (I believe they last for 12 hours and you only take 1 as opposed to 2) are much better.

I went to NYC last year and it was teh first time in years I was only able to find the original Dramamine. We had to pull over on the way there because I was falling asleep behind the wheel about an hour after taking it. The way back I slept the entire 8 hours. Finally realized it was due to teh dramamine. Was able to find the ones I normally take for a 4 hour trip a few weeks ago adn I was absolutely fine.

Just wanted to warn you cause it can totally ruin your day if you're not prepared for it - like, you can't keep your eyes open!

rKrispyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #307
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

I use the "Less-Drowsy" Dramamine and it doesn't make me sleepy at all.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #308
Potter'sGirls
Earning My Ears

I fit!

Rode FJ twice this morning. Was so worried about myself and my best friend fitting. We had no problems whatsoever! We tried the test seats out front and took some nice photos as well. A Hogwart's student had to assist us because we couldn't see any of the lights (the sun was shining very bright), but we both got the green! Then we reached the test seats, neither of us was pulled to the side, and we got the 3 clicks with ease! The ride is A-MAZE-ING!!!!! I am a big girl 5'4", 42DDD, about 47in chest, 220lbs. 49in waist and I think about a 51in in the hips. My friend is very close to my size with her being 5'6" and a much smaller chest. I will say that it is all about belly and thighs!!!! I have pretty big thighs but again was able to get the 3 clicks (or more)? I would say don't sweat it! The castle is amazing as well!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #309
Nellas Elensar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rKrispyt View Post
As someone who has enjoyed much of life thanks to the aid of her trusty Dramamine, just wanted to shoot you a tip - if it's not the extra strength, it will knock you out. The ones that are stronger (I believe they last for 12 hours and you only take 1 as opposed to 2) are much better.

I went to NYC last year and it was teh first time in years I was only able to find the original Dramamine. We had to pull over on the way there because I was falling asleep behind the wheel about an hour after taking it. The way back I slept the entire 8 hours. Finally realized it was due to teh dramamine. Was able to find the ones I normally take for a 4 hour trip a few weeks ago adn I was absolutely fine.

Just wanted to warn you cause it can totally ruin your day if you're not prepared for it - like, you can't keep your eyes open!
Oh, no...I think I got the wrong ones, then. The ones I have last 4-6 hours and I can take either 1 or 2. If I do need it, I will take only 1 or else I WILL fall asleep. I am hoping that just taking 1 won't cause drowsiness. :P

Nellas Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #310
TPSlaughter
Earning My Ears

Really worried

I am going to Orlando in October and I have heard a lot of people not being able to ride Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey. My friends dad is going and he is 6 foot and weighs about 220 pounds. Will he be able to ride?
TPSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #311
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPSlaughter View Post
I am going to Orlando in October and I have heard a lot of people not being able to ride Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey. My friends dad is going and he is 6 foot and weighs about 220 pounds. Will he be able to ride?
Tell him not to sweat it cause he'll get on easily.

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #312
sbgclori
Earning My Ears

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/3759

Guess what...... looks like the modified seats are already up and running! GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!
sbgclori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #313
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

I was just about to post about the extended seats - so exciting!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #314
pmiranda
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babboo View Post
Sorry but this begs a question or two.

Was twig-boy's sole motivation strictly based on size or was there some other bias involved / evident?

Were there no other CMs available who *would* do their jobs?
Whoa, hang on here...no one's calling those who are overweight or obese any names, so there's no need to call those who are normal or underweight any names either. Thank you.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #315
Troiandan
Earning My Ears

I rode for the first time today - wow, wow, wow, momma..

I got both the yellow and green lights outside (at the same time ?!?), so I just went ahead for the modified seats inside. There was no trouble at all - I have no idea how many clicks I got, I just heard several kind of like "crunch", no one helped me get the restraint down. But I was very comfortable. Female, 5'3", 220 lbs, 46 inch bust, carry a lot of my weight in my tummy.

I did get a touch queasy and dizzy towards the end of the ride, but by the time I got back to the lockers I was just fine, and able to get my first butterbeer - there was a party in my mouth!!!!

As I go back to ride again, I'll let you all know if I run into any future problems, or how I do on the regular seats.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: