Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #286
MIChessGuy
Mouseketeer
 
MIChessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
It is the other way around. Some people haven't fit in the test seats but did fit on the ride.
The Universal section at mousesavers.com reports that both have happened: passing the test seats but failing the ride seats, and vice versa.
MIChessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #287
Wendynat
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 46

I was there August 11 - 17, and was able to fit. The first time we went on (11th) the TM pushed a little bit to get the third click, but the next time (the 16th) I was able to get three clicks on my own. I don't know if it's because I lost any weight on the trip (unlikely!!!), or because I was sitting on my flipflops the second time and it shifted my proportions slightly, or I "knew" better how to do it the second time.

The harness didn't seem to have any issues with my chest, but I did feel it on my thighs and stomach until the first movement of the chairs put you on your back. THEN my butt slid all the way back into the seat and I had lots of room lol.

My size: 40DD breast, size 18 bottoms, size 16/18 tops, some belly, a lotta butt, and thighs. I'm 5'8" and 215.

It's an amazing ride!!
Wendynat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #288
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIChessGuy View Post
The Universal section at mousesavers.com reports that both have happened: passing the test seats but failing the ride seats, and vice versa.
hmmm. I don't think we've had that reported here, but I could have missed it.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #289
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery
 
mefordis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a good place.
Posts: 4,766

From my experience, the chest isn't the problem. It's the belly and thighs. I think you will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingblue View Post
From your experience would you say someone who is 5'4 and weighs less than 200 pounds, is a size 18 in women's jeans, has a 40 D chest, and is over all pretty proportioned should not have a problem with this ride?

I'm just a little bit concerned that my breasts might get in the way of the harness going down enough. I'm a pretty typical "curvy" girl. Big breasts, wide hips, some extra tummy and thigh fat. But it's really the chest I'm worried about.

edit: apparently the word I used to describe my breasts before I edited the post wasn't appropriate! It was a completely g-rated word that they use on iCarly for goodness sake! =P
__________________



Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #290
Nellas Elensar
DIS Veteran
 
Nellas Elensar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Forest of Lothlorien
Posts: 1,476

I don't know if I'll be able to ride. I am trying desperately to lose weight before next week. My dimensions: around 260 pounds, 5'8", 46DD breasts...26/28 pants/shorts (although I tried on a pair of 22/24 shorts last week and they are starting to fit)...26/28 blouses/shirts (although the other night I tried on an XL shirt and it's beginning to fit)...Some belly...big thighs and butt...

If I do pass the tests, how intense is the ride? Does it change its movements fast and unexpectedly? Or does it go slow sometimes?
__________________
Here, I am known as Nellas Elensar, but in the magical realm, I am known as Hedwig the Owl.


Last edited by Nellas Elensar; 09-06-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Nellas Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #291
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

I just got home late Saturday night after spending seven days at Universal. I made it to early opening every day to ride Forbidden Journey. I rode it 7-10 times every morning using the single rider line. Can you tell I loved the ride? Most times I needed help from the CM to get the third click, but sometimes got them on my own. Anyway, there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the people who did and didn't fit. Every ride I was placed with a group of three other riders. I saw people smaller than me, I thought would fit, being told they did not, and people I thought would definitely not fit, getting to ride. The really confusing part happened to me both Thursday and then again Friday morning. I rode it twice Thursday morning (getting all three clicks by myself the first time, then requiring the CM to push to get the third click the second time I got on). I went straight back on through the single rider line, only to be told by a different CM at the loading platform that I didn't fit. I told him I had just gotten off not even five minutes prior and had ridden it multiple times every day all week. He still said I didn't fit and even said they were not allowed to push down on the restraint to help as it would ruin the restraint, making it dangerous for others. I left, but returned later about lunch time and again got on with slight help from another CM. The next day the exact same thing happened with the same CM. I left and waited about an hour and must have caught that particular CM on break, because I got on another 6 or 7 times in a row that morning with no problem, requiring only a slight push from the CMs and even getting all three clicks by myself twice. On Saturday morning I went through the single rider line 8 times, getting on the ride each time with a little push from the CMs. Not once was I ever pulled out of line to try the test seats. However, Friday morning I was seated with a group of three and one of the men were told he didn't fit. He argued that he had been riding it all week without a problem. I only had a problem the two times with that one CM that was doing the load check. The rest of the CMs didn't have an issue helping guests get that third click.

Last edited by aubriee; 09-06-2010 at 09:13 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #292
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery
 
mefordis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a good place.
Posts: 4,766

I didn't even notice any clicking. The times I rode I helped my 6 yr old and my husband with their harness, and by then I was almost at the end of the platform starting the ride so the CM pushed mine down, just in time for the ride to get started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I just got home late Saturday night after spending seven days at Universal. I made it to early opening every day to ride Forbidden Journey. I rode it 7-10 times every morning using the single rider line. Can you tell I loved the ride? Most times I needed help from the CM to get the third click, but sometimes got them on my own. Anyway, there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the people who did and didn't fit. Every ride I was placed with a group of three other riders. I saw people smaller than me, I thought would fit, being told they did not, and people I thought would definitely not fit, getting to ride. The really confusing part happened to me both Thursday and then again Friday morning. I rode it twice Thursday morning (getting all three clicks by myself the first time, then requiring the CM to push to get the third click the second time I got on). I went straight back on through the single rider line, only to be told by a different CM at the loading platform that I didn't fit. I told him I had just gotten off not even five minutes prior and had ridden it multiple times every day all week. He still said I didn't fit and even said they were not allowed to push down on the restraint to help as it would ruin the restraint, making it dangerous for others. I left, but returned later about lunch time and again got on with slight help from another CM. The next day the exact same thing happened with the same CM. I left and waited about an hour and must have caught that particular CM on break, because I got on another 6 or 7 times in a row that morning with no problem, requiring only a slight push from the CMs and even getting all three clicks by myself twice. On Saturday morning I went through the single rider line 8 times, getting on the ride each time with a little push from the CMs. Not once was I ever pulled out of line to try the test seats. However, Friday morning I was seated with a group of three and one of the men were told he didn't fit. He argued that he had been riding it all week without a problem. I only had a problem the two times with that one CM that was doing the load check. The rest of the CMs didn't have an issue helping guests get that third click.
__________________



Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #293
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
I didn't even notice any clicking. The times I rode I helped my 6 yr old and my husband with their harness, and by then I was almost at the end of the platform starting the ride so the CM pushed mine down, just in time for the ride to get started.
To tell the truth, I didn't really notice the clicks the times I got the restraint down enough by myself. The only times I noticed the click was when the CMs said they needed to push down just a little more, then asked if I was OK. What got me was that in all the times I rode it last week, only one CM refused to push down at all on the restraint and even said they were not allowed to do so. When I told him I had been riding it all week and had in fact just ridden it twice that same morning, he said it was dangerous for the CMs to push the restraint down and it could in fact make it dangerous for later guests. I only saw him there two mornings, but both times he was telling anyone even close that they could not ride. One guy in my bench said he had just been called out of line to try the inside test seats and he did fit when that CM pushed down just a little. The CM (a young, fairly small, thin black man) at the loading dock refused to assist him at all though and told him he had to get off. Of the four of us assigned to that bench only one got to ride. The other three (including myself) were kicked off. The one guy was bigger than me (about 6', broad chested with big arms, but small hips and legs), but the lady was almost exactly my size (about 5'6", 230 lbs, size 18-20, carrying our weight in our belly, hips, and thighs). Every time I rode the ride I felt very comfortable, (not a tight fit at all).

Last edited by aubriee; 09-06-2010 at 12:08 PM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #294
Babboo
Earning my Ears with SharkyGoddess
 
Babboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
... only one CM refused to push down at all on the restraint and even said they were not allowed to do so. <snip> The CM (a young, fairly small, thin black man) at the loading dock refused to assist him at all though and told him he had to get off.
Sorry but this begs a question or two.

Was twig-boy's sole motivation strictly based on size or was there some other bias involved / evident?

Were there no other CMs available who *would* do their jobs?
__________________
Babboo - the luckiest man on earth
~ Building a lifetime of memories with my SharkyGoddess - one moment at a time.

SG Me DS19 DD18 DS9

October 2007 ~ ASMu ~ for MNSSHP with my SharkyGoddess and the kiddos!

October 2010 ~ US/IOA ~ HardRock ~ for HHN and HP with SG and Kids

October 2013 ~ US/IOA ~ HardRock ~ HHN and parks then some serious relaxation time with SG and the kids
Babboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #295
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery
 
mefordis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a good place.
Posts: 4,766

This stinks because people aren't out of the woods once they ride it. They have to worry every single time they ride it that they will be kicked off the ride.

I didn't see anyone try out the test seats on the inside. I assume that is where twig boy tested you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
To tell the truth, I didn't really notice the clicks the times I got the restraint down enough by myself. The only times I noticed the click was when the CMs said they needed to push down just a little more, then asked if I was OK. What got me was that in all the times I rode it last week, only one CM refused to push down at all on the restraint and even said they were not allowed to do so. When I told him I had been riding it all week and had in fact just ridden it twice that same morning, he said it was dangerous for the CMs to push the restraint down and it could in fact make it dangerous for later guests. I only saw him there two mornings, but both times he was telling anyone even close that they could not ride. One guy in my bench said he had just been called out of line to try the inside test seats and he did fit when that CM pushed down just a little. The CM (a young, fairly small, thin black man) at the loading dock refused to assist him at all though and told him he had to get off. Of the four of us assigned to that bench only one got to ride. The other three (including myself) were kicked off. The one guy was bigger than me (about 6', broad chested with big arms, but small hips and legs), but the lady was almost exactly my size (about 5'6", 230 lbs, size 18-20, carrying our weight in our belly, hips, and thighs). Every time I rode the ride I felt very comfortable, (not a tight fit at all).
__________________



Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #296
PiperPizzaz
DIS Veteran
 
PiperPizzaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellas Elensar View Post
I don't know if I'll be able to ride. I am trying desperately to lose weight before next week. My dimensions: around 260 pounds, 5'8", 46DD breasts...26/28 pants/shorts (although I tried on a pair of 22/24 shorts last week and they are starting to fit)...26/28 blouses/shirts (although the other night I tried on an XL shirt and it's beginning to fit)...Some belly...big thighs and butt...

If I do pass the tests, how intense is the ride? Does it change its movements fast and unexpectedly? Or does it go slow sometimes?
Please post how you do. Especially the thigh area. That is my problem area and I don't think I am going to fit.
__________________
Our Family Trips: 05/99-CBR, 06/01 off site, '03 off site, 08/06-CBR, 09/07-POP, 04/08 Disneyland off site, 03/09-POR, 11/09-ASM&BC, 06/10 POP, 11/10 Swan & offsite townhouse, 05-06/11 townhouse, 07/11 Disneyland Paris, 06/12 BC, 10/12 POP
Check out my Disney room!
PiperPizzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #297
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
This stinks because people aren't out of the woods once they ride it. They have to worry every single time they ride it that they will be kicked off the ride.

I didn't see anyone try out the test seats on the inside. I assume that is where twig boy tested you?
No, 'twig boy' was the one in the moving loading area, that would make sure the restraints were all the way down, then would push the button on the bench showing everyone was locked in. In the seven days I was there, I was never asked to try the test seats (inside or outside). Using the single rider line, I walked right past the inside test seats and then joined whichever group of three the line CM told me to. Neither the CMs standing by the test seats, nor the last line CM (that did the groupings) ever pulled me aside to even question my size. When that loading area CM told me I had to leave, I was shocked because I had just ridden the ride twice that morning and had gone back through the single rider line to get back on it for a third time. I had been riding it all week with no problem (other than sometimes needing the CM to push down a little to get that elusive third click). The man that was kicked off with me on Friday, told the CM that he had just been tested and fit on the inside test seats and that he also had ridden the ride the day before. 'Twig boy' as you call him was just unwilling to help anyone get that third click. Anyone who didn't get it on their own, he was kicking off. The second day it happened (Friday) he kicked three of the four on our bench off, even though two of us told him we'd been riding it all week and the man told him he had just been pulled out of line and fit the inside test seat. Again the CM was the one on the moving loading belt that made sure the restraints were secure just before the ride took off.

Last edited by aubriee; 09-06-2010 at 07:46 PM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #298
Nellas Elensar
DIS Veteran
 
Nellas Elensar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Forest of Lothlorien
Posts: 1,476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellas Elensar View Post
If I do pass the tests, how intense is the ride? Does it change its movements fast and unexpectedly? Or does it go slow sometimes?
Sorry, but I wanted to know this, so I posted it again. I am just wondering if this ride would be too intense in its movements. What are your thoughts?

P.S. My dimensions and stuff are in my previous post.
__________________
Here, I am known as Nellas Elensar, but in the magical realm, I am known as Hedwig the Owl.

Nellas Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #299
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,450

It does go slowly sometimes. You do get moved around a lot but it is smooth, not jerky.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #300
ShannyMcB
"Spiteful, vindictive, *very large*, but never crazy..."
 
ShannyMcB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellas Elensar View Post
Sorry, but I wanted to know this, so I posted it again. I am just wondering if this ride would be too intense in its movements. What are your thoughts?

P.S. My dimensions and stuff are in my previous post.
I was just on this ride last week...it kind of depends on your deffinition of intense. I found it intense simply because there was a great deal happening. The ride movements themselves are not to bad but it feels more intense because of what is happening around you. I had had a great deal to drink (gotta stay hydrated) but very little to eat before riding and felt pretty good after the ride. My DH suffers from a bit of motion sickness but after about 10 minutes and half a butterbeer he was feeling ok. Just don't eat much right before going on...I can't see that ending all that well...all though that goes for any thrill ride I think.

As far as fitting and clicks...I don't remember clicking and such on the restraints. I am a curvy girl myself (larger chest, thighs and hips, small waist) and short so I have issues on many rides that have lap bars and other none-hanress restraints, they come down to my thighs but when the ride moves and I shift the bar hits my waist and next thing you know I am slipping underneath it...had a VERY BAD experience with this at another park outside of Florida. But I scanned the line quite a bit and didn't see anyone turned away, at least first thing in the morning.
__________________
"Our lives are made in these small hours
These little wonders these twists and turns of fate
Time falls away but these small hours
These small hours still remain" Rob Thomas, Meet the Robinsons 4-26-08

ShannyMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: