Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #256
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Saw one lady today who couldn't ride and she told the TM that her chest was too big. She was extremely large on top.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #257
Gryffindor_Mouse
Earning My Ears

I think this is what makes it so anxiety inducing. It really is straight down to how your weight is distributed. You could have someone that weighs 225, but doesn't fit for some reason, and then have someone that weighs over 300 but fit into the seat because of how they are built. I've never heard of a restraint being that selective.
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #258
gdulaney
Another Konk Kooler please...
...and leave me at Castaway Cay
There's a boat ride???

So basically it doesn't matter.... anybody that isn't built like Ken or Barbie could end up not fitting..... Does anybody else find that super strange?

Ginny

WDW - 1976, 1991, 1992, 2009
7 Night Land/Sea - 1999
7 Night Eastern Caribbean - 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2012, 2013(x2)
7 Night Southern Caribbean - 2014
7 Night Western Caribbean - 2002, 2007, 2009, 2014
First 10 night "Unofficial" Western: August 28 - September 7, 2004
2008 5-night special cruise to the Bahamas
2010 B2B2B on the Wonder (9/5, 9/9, 9/12)
2011 5-nt double dip on the Dream
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 DVC Member Cruise
gdulaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #259
Gryffindor_Mouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdulaney View Post
So basically it doesn't matter.... anybody that isn't built like Ken or Barbie could end up not fitting..... Does anybody else find that super strange?

Ginny
*giggle* Actually, if Barbie were life sized, she'd probably have issues with that harness too.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #260
ChefColette
Mouseketeer

I'm 220 pounds, and 5'7 - do you think I'll fit?
ChefColette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #261
sbgclori
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffindor_Mouse View Post
*giggle* Actually, if Barbie were life sized, she'd probably have issues with that harness too.
Haha i was thinking the same thing... hahaha
sbgclori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #262
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure I'll make it on but I am worried, I'm guessing probably not. I have a very large chest and I'm not small overall, though other people with similar dimensions seem to have made it on. But my chest is probably the deal breaker.

I'm just so torn about even going to Universal. I don't want to not fit on the ride and have it ruin my time there. I really would be going for the Harry Potter experience, which would be pretty miserable if I couldn't get on the ride then had to wait 45 mins just to get into the shops!
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #263
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie122 View Post
I'm not sure I'll make it on but I am worried, I'm guessing probably not. I have a very large chest and I'm not small overall, though other people with similar dimensions seem to have made it on. But my chest is probably the deal breaker.

I'm just so torn about even going to Universal. I don't want to not fit on the ride and have it ruin my time there. I really would be going for the Harry Potter experience, which would be pretty miserable if I couldn't get on the ride then had to wait 45 mins just to get into the shops!
We were at the parks for three days this week and there were no lines to get into the stores. The stores were very manageable. If you can't ride the ride you can still walk through the castle (which is extrememly impressive).
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #264
rKrispyt
Earning My Ears

Don't see what anyone posted this

I'm assuming we've all heard already, but Banks Lee, the first visitor to be turned away from FJ for being too big to fit, was able to ride last Friday (8/27). He started at 306 I believe and lost 12 pounds (I believe he mentioned being in the 290s just before he went to try again).

He's got a blog called Banks Lee and the three clicks where he's been tracking his progress. He might have more dimensions on there besides his weight, or you can see a picture of how his weight is distributed.

I know he had to get assistance from 2 of the workers to get it down to 3, but they got it and he rode.

rKrispyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #265
j9000
Misfit

seeing as chest sizes seem to be the issue, anyone know of a guide for blokes (tshirt size wise?)
ie im xxl and didnt fit etc
(ps - ive not been on, above is a possible example)
j9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #266
drinkme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9000 View Post
seeing as chest sizes seem to be the issue, anyone know of a guide for blokes (tshirt size wise?)
ie im xxl and didnt fit etc
(ps - ive not been on, above is a possible example)
Dh is between a XXL and XXXL (closerer to XXXL), he couldn't even get one click. He's also tall, 6'3". Imagine a linebacker...lol.

HTH
drinkme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #267
OrlandoUnited
Mouseketeer

I was an XXL, around 6'2 in height, and I had to drop to an XL before I could fit.
OrlandoUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #268
MIChessGuy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rKrispyt View Post
I'm assuming we've all heard already, but Banks Lee, the first visitor to be turned away from FJ for being too big to fit, was able to ride last Friday (8/27). He started at 306 I believe and lost 12 pounds (I believe he mentioned being in the 290s just before he went to try again).

He's got a blog called Banks Lee and the three clicks where he's been tracking his progress. He might have more dimensions on there besides his weight, or you can see a picture of how his weight is distributed.

I know he had to get assistance from 2 of the workers to get it down to 3, but they got it and he rode.
So that photo showing him on the ride is supposed to be someone who weighs 290-something!? I think a very strong spell will have to be cast against me before I start believing that.
MIChessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #269
OrlandoUnited
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIChessGuy View Post
So that photo showing him on the ride is supposed to be someone who weighs 290-something!? I think a very strong spell will have to be cast against me before I start believing that.
They must have crushed him in there, because when I was around 290, I couldn't fit at all.
OrlandoUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #270
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIChessGuy View Post
It's possible. My husband weighs 275 lbs at 6 foot and carries the weight in his tummy. His legs are as skinny as Banks' legs. You can't really see Banks' stomach so he may be the same way. My husband got 3 clicks with a little effort, not as much effort as Banks had to get though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: