Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #241
humphreydog
Director of Community Relations and Media Control for Cyberdyne Systems

225 lbs and 5'10 musky build (muscular/husky). Worried but no problem getting to 3 clicks (actually got to 4 comfortably).
humphreydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #242
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
Janet...don't worry...you'll fit on FJ...you're fretting over nuthin
it's my job to be a worry-wort (maybe it'll count as 'insurance')

fyi, my over-40 buds & I have some to a general consensus that once u crest that hill... typically, your weight doesn't tend to change much, just slides into unfortunate places

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #243
rKrispyt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole View Post
Honestly, I started losing weight when WWoHP opened, because I knew I HAD to be able to ride- plus, I wanted more energy, wanted the kids to be able to fit their arms around me, etc., etc. But really? It's been so I can ride FJ I guess whatever works, right? I actually posted a pic of the ride vehicle on my fridge and in front of my scale at home; it helps keep me motivated. So far, I've lost 37 lbs. And I can't believe I'm "saying" this openly, but I was 297 and am now 260. I still have 15 months and 90 lbs to goal weight, but so far I'm staying strong.

I think a losing weight for FJ thread is a great idea!

Congratulations!

I weigh myself on Sunday morning to see how this week's gone, but so far, after 2 weeks of exercise and counting calories (and starting to actually weigh myself), I'm down 5 pounds (I think - see previous post regarding my wonky scale :/).

Today's one of those rough days where lots went wrong this morning, so I didn't leave early enough to walk to work (my garbage bag ripped on the way to the street, so I spent my morning cleaning all that up instead - yay) or to even bus which would mean I could at least walk home. I'm gonna get in my workout dvd before I head to some friends' show tonight, but I feel disappointed getting off my routine, y'know?

Been struggling through some things as of late. Lately it's realizing how much I was eating when I wasn't hungry - socially or cause I was bored; and how much I wasn't paying attention to what I put in my body. So glad I've made that change, but it's hard at times to be out with people and realize that there are things you just can't do now - like meeting someone out at 10 at night to just drink, or going to restaurants and ordering whatever fried, greasy thing you want, or just making sure to make time to fit in my exercising. I keep remembering watching The Biggest Loser and seeing Suzy from all those years ago cry when she went out with her friends to lunch after she got back cause she was so frustrated that she couldn't be like them and just order whatever she wanted.

It's been good though - there are lots of times when I realize I'd normally go buy a snack from the vending machine or something here at work. Now that I'm watching what I eat and have to think about everyhting I eat and plan etc. I realized "...normally I'd be eating rihgt now...but I'm not even hungry..." so I've been drinking water instead in those moments, or having gum on occassion. I'm just...learning a lot about myself, my will power, the routines I've fallen into, that I've been cheating myself by not taking better care of my body, that I'm stronger than I think...and all this cause I was finally pushed to the limit of what I'd live with by finding out about all this FJ stuff and saying to myself "I'll be damned if I don't get on that ride" lol.

I'd gladly start a thread for losing weight for FJ - am I allowed or does i tneed to be a moderator? No problem for me if anyone else wants to do it either. Just don't want to comandeer this thread.

Last edited by rKrispyt; 08-27-2010 at 11:27 AM.
rKrispyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #244
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rKrispyt View Post
Congratulations!

I weigh myself on Sunday morning to see how this week's gone, but so far, after 2 weeks of exercise and counting calories (and starting to actually weigh myself), I'm down 5 pounds (I think - see previous post regarding my wonky scale :/).

Today's one of those rough days where lots went wrong this morning, so I didn't leave early enough to walk to work (my garbage bag ripped on the way to the street, so I spent my morning cleaning all that up instead - yay) or to even bus which would mean I could at least walk home. I'm gonna get in my workout dvd before I head to some friends' show tonight, but I feel disappointed getting off my routine, y'know?

Been struggling through some things as of late. Lately it's realizing how much I was eating when I wasn't hungry - socially or cause I was bored; and how much I wasn't paying attention to what I put in my body. So glad I've made that change, but it's hard at times to be out with people and realize that there are things you just can't do now - like meeting someone out at 10 at night to just drink, or going to restaurants and ordering whatever fried, greasy thing you want, or just making sure to make time to fit in my exercising. I keep remembering watching The Biggest Loser and seeing Suzy from all those years ago cry when she went out with her friends to lunch after she got back cause she was so frustrated that she couldn't be like them and just order whatever she wanted.

It's been good though - there are lots of times when I realize I'd normally go buy a snack from the vending machine or something here at work. Now that I'm watching what I eat and have to think about everyhting I eat and plan etc. I realized "...normally I'd be eating rihgt now...but I'm not even hungry..." so I've been drinking water instead in those moments, or having gum on occassion. I'm just...learning a lot about myself, my will power, the routines I've fallen into, that I've been cheating myself by not taking better care of my body, that I'm stronger than I think...and all this cause I was finally pushed to the limit of what I'd live with by finding out about all this FJ stuff and saying to myself "I'll be damned if I don't get on that ride" lol.

I'd gladly start a thread for losing weight for FJ - am I allowed or does i tneed to be a moderator? No problem for me if anyone else wants to do it either. Just don't want to comandeer this thread.
Don't beat yourself up, you're still doing great. Anyone can start a new thread, and I'd love to contribute as it goes on. It would be a great way to encourage each other and keep updated on our progress.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #245
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible

5'9, around 260ish. Do I have a decent chance?

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013, 2014 & Christmas 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort- Christmas 2014
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014 & Christmas 2014

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #246
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rKrispyt View Post

I just wanted to share my idea regarding the vending machine thing. When I'm about to buy a snack or a drink, I ask myself if I really need it, and if I answer no, I put the money I would have sent aside, and then use it to buy myself something special on vacation

I don't know if it ever got started, but someone at one point talked about starting a thread over on the W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) board. You might want to check that board out: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #247
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
I don't know if it ever got started, but someone at one point talked about starting a thread over on the W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) board. You might want to check that board out: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59
Thanks for the link, TLinden.

Since there is already a forum specifically devoted to weight loss and healthy living, you would need to start it there. I think that many people would love to join that thread. Just post a link on this forum so we can find it on the WISH board.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #248
FaerieLuna
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDJPrinceCharming View Post
5'9, around 260ish. Do I have a decent chance?

It completely depends on how your weight is distributed throughout your body. My husband is 6'1" 275 lbs and I was convinced he would not fit. I told him to expect not to fit. (We just came back.) We were pleasantly surprised when he got his three clicks and was comfortable to boot. I need to stress that he is very evenly proportioned though. Also as others have mentioned, don't let the outside test seats steer you away from trying the inside ones because he didn't get a green light outside, but he did fit the inside test seats.

Have a great trip!
FaerieLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:05 AM   #249
Varalith
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieLuna View Post
It completely depends on how your weight is distributed throughout your body. My husband is 6'1" 275 lbs and I was convinced he would not fit. I told him to expect not to fit. (We just came back.) We were pleasantly surprised when he got his three clicks and was comfortable to boot. I need to stress that he is very evenly proportioned though. Also as others have mentioned, don't let the outside test seats steer you away from trying the inside ones because he didn't get a green light outside, but he did fit the inside test seats.

Have a great trip!
Faerie,

Thanks for writing that. My wife and I are leaving this week and have been worried about both of us being able to ride (with me being the problem). I've lost about 50 lbs over the past month and I'm 6'2" and around 288 lbs now. Your post gave me some renewed hope.
Varalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #250
DisneyDiva2006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
congrats, care to share heights/weights particularly hips/thighs & chest? i cannot believe i asked that question
Nope, I don't mind. We have a varied group of individuals some who are real fit and others who could stand to lose a few Anyways, my dad is 6 foot tall and probably weighs around 300...just guessing but he has all of his weight in his belly. My husband is around 5'8 and he weighs 250 and again all weight is in his belly. My friend she weighs probably around 275 and is very large chested and she is probably 5'7. I myself weigh around 215 and wear a size 16/18. The rest of the individuals in our group are the thin ones We just got in the seats never pulled out and they all clicked three times. So I totally suggest trying it out. My dad and my friend were sure that they wouldn't make it on but they did. Good luck!
2010 - Pop Century - August 10-21
2008 - Wilderness Lodge - Dec 7-14
2006 - Pop Century
2004 - Offsite; 2002 - Offsite; 1997 - Offsite; 1986 - Offsite

DisneyDiva2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #251
bamagirl@hrt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva2006 View Post
Nope, I don't mind. We have a varied group of individuals some who are real fit and others who could stand to lose a few Anyways, my dad is 6 foot tall and probably weighs around 300...just guessing but he has all of his weight in his belly. My husband is around 5'8 and he weighs 250 and again all weight is in his belly. My friend she weighs probably around 275 and is very large chested and she is probably 5'7. I myself weigh around 215 and wear a size 16/18. The rest of the individuals in our group are the thin ones We just got in the seats never pulled out and they all clicked three times. So I totally suggest trying it out. My dad and my friend were sure that they wouldn't make it on but they did. Good luck!
Thank you so much for posting! I was getting very worried/panicked about not fitting. Granted, it's still possible that I won't, but your party gives me hope that I will!
bamagirl@hrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #252
gdulaney
Another Konk Kooler please...
...and leave me at Castaway Cay
There's a boat ride???

I've been reading all the posts...but have one question. Is it the chest area, tummy area or leg area that is the issue (or all three)?

Thank you
Ginny

WDW - 1976, 1991, 1992, 2009
7 Night Land/Sea - 1999
7 Night Eastern Caribbean - 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2012, 2013(x2)
7 Night Southern Caribbean - 2014
7 Night Western Caribbean - 2002, 2007, 2009, 2014
First 10 night "Unofficial" Western: August 28 - September 7, 2004
2008 5-night special cruise to the Bahamas
2010 B2B2B on the Wonder (9/5, 9/9, 9/12)
2011 5-nt double dip on the Dream
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 DVC Member Cruise
gdulaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #253
sbgclori
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdulaney View Post
I've been reading all the posts...but have one question. Is it the chest area, tummy area or leg area that is the issue (or all three)?

Thank you
Ginny
For me it was the thigh area.
sbgclori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #254
MIChessGuy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdulaney View Post
In my case I am pretty sure the typical 'fat guy' stomach was the deal-breaker. I do not remember hearing any clicks at all from the inside test seat. And yet, there have been posts here from people not that different from my height/weight who say they made it on.
MIChessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #255
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

At 6'2" 265lbs it was the chest and stomach that was the problem area... I did get the 3 clicks though. I don't recall having any discomfort in the thigh area.

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: