Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #181
AuroraAcerbis
Earning My Ears
 
AuroraAcerbis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoUnited View Post
Well...I went this past Friday night. I hadn't been in a while because myself and my family were in a very bad car accident a few weeks ago.

and...I fit. I even got the green light outside. I'm now 6'2, 255.

I didn't get stopped at all for testing, and once on the ride, I could actually pull the harness down to 4 clicks.

So yeah, I'm happy, after waiting 3 months to ride and losing approximately 30 pounds, it was worth it.
Congrats! You worked very hard and had a rough couple of weeks, so you deserved to get on! I hope you rode it more than once!

I'm getting totally nervous now! We leave in two days...at this point, que sera sera. I won't let it ruin my trip and I'll still get to see Hogwarts!
AuroraAcerbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #182
Asm
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
Yay! Just think of it as a two for one deal. You got to ride FJ and got a mammogram at the same time.
Too true! Since the same thing happened on Dragon Challenge, does it count as two mammograms?

Actually DC was a little more uncomfortable than FJ. FJ was surprisingly roomy except in the chest and wasn't really uncomfortable there, just tightly bound
Asm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #183
Angie2
Earning My Ears
 
Angie2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8

Same as Hulk??

Ok so I spent weeks fretting about if I would get on FJ and I did I thought I would share a thought I had that I did not see posted... I did get the 3rd click with the help of the TM (although I think I could have gotten it myself if given a chance). When I got the third click, I thought it felt just like Hulk when I pull down enough to make the seat belt strap thingy have some slack in it In other words, I do not like to have the strap pulled tight on Hulk; I like to get it to click one more time so that there is some slack in the strap on the regular size seats on Hulk (for some crazy reason I feel like I can't fall out if there is slack in the strap...silly I know!!). Anyway, the third click on FJ fits exactly like the Hulk when I can get the slack in the strap so if you can ride Hulk in the regular seats and get the harness to do enough clicks to get some slack in the strap, you should fit on FJ no problem. If the strap is always stretched tight on the Hulk but you can still fit in the regular seats, you should be able to get on FJ with the help of a TM pushing down on the harness. Hope this helps someone. FJ was a great ride and Hogwarts is amazing!!
Angie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #184
BeckyH
Mouseketeer
 
BeckyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 107

My family rode FJ in late July. I have motion sickness issues and knew I probably couldn't ride but went through the line with my husband and boys. When we got to the inside test seats, I wanted to check if I would fit, in case the family thought I'd be able to handle it.

I fit just fine. I needed the modified seats on Hulk and Dragon's Challenge. I'm 5"8 and 235 pounds, 40DDD. I usually wear 3X tops and 20/22 bottoms. Hips are about 52 and chest about 49 but I have thinner arms and legs. I carry most of my weight in the chest, belly and hips.

After my family came off the ride they all agreed that I would not be able to tolerate it. Oh well, at least I know I would have fit.
BeckyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #185
ksc37
DIS Veteran
 
ksc37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Collegeville, PA
Posts: 801

My husband is about 6'2", 255 lbs with broad shoulders and chest, and he was able to ride. He was pulled aside to try out the test seats, and they got the 3 clicks. He said it was snug but not uncomfortable.
__________________
Karen

2014-CSR, 2013-POR, 2012 - POR, 2011-WL/Dream/BW, 2010- Beach Club, 2009-CSR, 2008-AKL Concierge, 2007-CR 14th Floor/Wonder, 2006-CBR, 2006-AKL, 2005-ASMovies & GF Sugar Loaf, 2005-WL, 2004-Poly, 2004-AKL, 2002-POR, 2000-BC, 1999-ASMovies, 1998-PO, 1997-CBR, 1996-WL, 1993-Dixie Landings, 1986-offsite, 1985-CR 14th Floor, 1984-offsite, 1980-offsite, 1976-offsite
ksc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #186
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

 
disney-super-mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 6,441

Has anyone seen TALLER people be able to ride? Like while in line or waiting to load, did anyone witness someone around 6'5" or taller allowed to ride?

Or, did anyone witness someone around 6'5" or taller turned away because they were too tall? (Not because they were too heavy or broad, but because they were too tall.)
__________________
disney-super-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #187
rKrispyt
Earning My Ears
 
rKrispyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
In addition to what Bubba's mom said, the best way to lose the weight is gradually, by changing your whole lifestyle. It needs to be something that you will continue for the rest of your life. Glad to hear that you have taken steps in the right direction. Congratulations!
Thank you all so much.

I've been having a very stressful few days and it's effecting my weight loss journey. Long story short, my Sunday plans got changed unexpectedly and I missed my workout. Monday when I started up again...well, this week feels like I started from the beginning again. I haven't walked both ways to work any day, having a hard time getting up in the morning, and the workouts have been so hard. It's weird cause I know it's my own willpower that's changed - I was pushing myself better, y'know? I was in a more positive, more motivated state of mind.

Being stressed out about money and my future and all these other things, I'm letting it all drag me down. Still going wiht my workouts but I need to get back to my butt-kicking place!

I am absolutely making htis change for my whole life, yes. I actually have started thinking I probably won't fit on this ride, but I'm not giving up. It'd be so easy for me to get all upset, and truth be told, I'm sure I will if I'm on that ride withmyf riends and have to get off, but I've already decided that I'm going ot keep going and once I get below 200 pounds, my celebration is heading back down to Orlando to ride this ride. I'm sure I'll be a crying crying mess once I finally reach my first goal in this weight loss journey and can ride Forbidden Journey, but I"m also trying to lose weight and just be healthier so I can play sports with my lil sister (she's 12 and a total athlete) and just keep up with her, so that I can get up in front of my students (I choreograph every spring for a local high school) and keep up with them, show them that anything's possible if you set your mind to it, be the dancer I once was nad want ot be again, to not feel like "the fat one" when I'm out with all my gorgeous, thin, fun freiends; to feel like myself again and not find that I'm retreating within myself becaue I'm so embarassed by the way I look.

I'm going ot keep going with this (and thank you Mama Jessie for your PM - I just don't have enough posts to reply yet, but I will once I get to 10!!) and make it a lifelong thing. This ride jsut motivated a change I've wanted to make for...well, 14 years now. Wow.

Thank you all so much again

And Bubba's Mom, I almost bought one of Jillian's books but had to put it down cause I just can't afford it right now. However, I live near an amazing giant farmer's market where I go once a week and load up on veggies and fruits (those are mostly my snacks), I'm not eating anything other than Jello that is not some healthier, lighter version, I'm doing egg whites eachmorning, usually yogort with lunch, and I do Jello occasionally for dessert, or I'll do oen 100 calorie pack (hostess, or keebler cookies). Close to the "no mother or growing out of the ground" rule? How does that apply to dairy out of curiousity?
rKrispyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #188
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"
 
bubba's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Exeter (Reading), PA
Posts: 13,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by rKrispyt View Post
I almost bought one of Jillian's books but had to put it down cause I just can't afford it right now. However, I live near an amazing giant farmer's market where I go once a week and load up on veggies and fruits (those are mostly my snacks), I'm not eating anything other than Jello that is not some healthier, lighter version, I'm doing egg whites eachmorning, usually yogort with lunch, and I do Jello occasionally for dessert, or I'll do oen 100 calorie pack (hostess, or keebler cookies). Close to the "no mother or growing out of the ground" rule? How does that apply to dairy out of curiousity?
Not sure how it applies to dairy, but I drink 2% milk every day/all day (ick on the 1% stuff). I guess since it had a mother, it's okay? Once in a while I eat eggs and everyday slap some butter (don't like jelly or peanut butter) on whole wheat english muffin for breakfast.

Once you change what and how much you eat, your stomach will shrink and get used to less food (those recommended portion sizes can be filling!). I actually eat a muffin and glass of milk for breakfast every day (around 9-10am) and don't eat lunch (have glass of milk) and that's it till dinner. Granted, my dinner is anywhere from 4-5:30 depending on the day/schedule, but it's what my body is used to. I lost 35lbs just by eating healthier and less (started exercising AFTER losing the weight...go figure!) and watching portion size. A good tip I give a lot is at dinner, use a lunch size plate...not a dinner plate. Fill half w/ veggies/fruit the other half to quarter w/ protein (chicken, turkey, pork) and just by using a smaller plate, you'll eat less...altho it's a visual trick and you'll be full.

Maybe you could see if Jill's book is at the library or something? Or, ask for it for a bday or Xmas gift?

Just remember.... Eat to live, don't live to eat.

Good luck!
__________________
(some Universal) Trip reports:
'12 - '11 - HHN '10 - '10 - '09 - '08/DCL - '07(Jan.) - '07(July) - Mickey Mouse @ Universal!
- '04
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #189
MomBoyd
DIS Veteran
 
MomBoyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Delaware
Posts: 760

I am definately Pooh sized and will not be able to ride FJ. What other rides at Universal are a tight fit for those of us who are Pooh sized?
__________________




MomBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #190
AuroraAcerbis
Earning My Ears
 
AuroraAcerbis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 18

I tried the test seats in front of FJ today and did not fit. I am 5'8 and 47-50-52. I was nowhere near fitting, and my 6' 235 father in law also did not fit. The thighs killed us both...I don't think even at my thinnest I could have ridden!

Oh well, Hogsmeade was still pretty magical!
AuroraAcerbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #191
sbgclori
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraAcerbis View Post
I tried the test seats in front of FJ today and did not fit. I am 5'8 and 47-50-52. I was nowhere near fitting, and my 6' 235 father in law also did not fit. The thighs killed us both...I don't think even at my thinnest I could have ridden!

Oh well, Hogsmeade was still pretty magical!


Wahhh no.... ahhh im sorry... that is just so not fair.. your measurements dont seem much bigger than me and I made it with no problem inside...... I did not get the ok outside... if you are going again try the seats on the ride!
sbgclori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:53 AM   #192
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by rKrispyt View Post
Thank you all so much.

I've been having a very stressful few days and it's effecting my weight loss journey. Long story short, my Sunday plans got changed unexpectedly and I missed my workout. Monday when I started up again...well, this week feels like I started from the beginning again. I haven't walked both ways to work any day, having a hard time getting up in the morning, and the workouts have been so hard. It's weird cause I know it's my own willpower that's changed - I was pushing myself better, y'know? I was in a more positive, more motivated state of mind.

Being stressed out about money and my future and all these other things, I'm letting it all drag me down. Still going wiht my workouts but I need to get back to my butt-kicking place!

I am absolutely making htis change for my whole life, yes. I actually have started thinking I probably won't fit on this ride, but I'm not giving up. It'd be so easy for me to get all upset, and truth be told, I'm sure I will if I'm on that ride withmyf riends and have to get off, but I've already decided that I'm going ot keep going and once I get below 200 pounds, my celebration is heading back down to Orlando to ride this ride. I'm sure I'll be a crying crying mess once I finally reach my first goal in this weight loss journey and can ride Forbidden Journey, but I"m also trying to lose weight and just be healthier so I can play sports with my lil sister (she's 12 and a total athlete) and just keep up with her, so that I can get up in front of my students (I choreograph every spring for a local high school) and keep up with them, show them that anything's possible if you set your mind to it, be the dancer I once was nad want ot be again, to not feel like "the fat one" when I'm out with all my gorgeous, thin, fun freiends; to feel like myself again and not find that I'm retreating within myself becaue I'm so embarassed by the way I look.

I'm going ot keep going with this (and thank you Mama Jessie for your PM - I just don't have enough posts to reply yet, but I will once I get to 10!!) and make it a lifelong thing. This ride jsut motivated a change I've wanted to make for...well, 14 years now. Wow.

Thank you all so much again

And Bubba's Mom, I almost bought one of Jillian's books but had to put it down cause I just can't afford it right now. However, I live near an amazing giant farmer's market where I go once a week and load up on veggies and fruits (those are mostly my snacks), I'm not eating anything other than Jello that is not some healthier, lighter version, I'm doing egg whites eachmorning, usually yogort with lunch, and I do Jello occasionally for dessert, or I'll do oen 100 calorie pack (hostess, or keebler cookies). Close to the "no mother or growing out of the ground" rule? How does that apply to dairy out of curiousity?
Thanks for giving us a little update! It really sounds like your head and heart are in the right place to make a big change. Don't let little setbacks turn into big setbacks. Life is full of speedbumps, as my son tells me every time he doesn't do well at school! Just keep on going and it will get easier as your body adjusts. Make sure you keep coming back to let us know how things are going. We really want you to reach your stepping stone of riding this ride and then continuing on a lifelong path to healthy eating and happy living.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #193
Biggreen19
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 122

Got back from my Orlando trip a few days ago. Rode FJ a few times during my stay at PBH. This is for the guys: I am 6'0" at 245. I did not try the test seats outside or inside, nor was I asked. I never had the chance to pull the restraint down myself the first time I rode, a cast member pushed it down quickly for me. The second time I rode, I am not sure I would have gotten three clicks myself, again with cast member assistance, I was in no problem. For me the tightest fit was my chest, no problem with my gut or thighs. I measured my chest before departing for my vacation at 47 inches. I can ride DC and Hulk in the "regular" seats, however its a snug fit as well. I really think it's just how you are shaped, I saw people larger and much taller than I get to ride, so If you think you are "on the bubble" give it shot.

Btw, I started 2010 pushing 270, I am down 25 lbs to 245, looking to drop another 25+ lbs before my 2011 Orlando visit.
Biggreen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #194
potterfan
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3

3rd time of riding

I rode for the third time today. First two times were a couple of wks ago when we arrived. I had no probs and was not asked to test.
This time I was in single rider queue and pulled aside to do a 'random' test. I got three clicks with help and was in queue to get on, a lady behind me did not get on. I needed a TM to get clicks 2 and three and it felt much more snug than before, not sure why???
Maybe they changed calibration or TM pushed harder this time? I also had on more padded clothes.

Felt bad for lady who left before ride she was bigger than me but as my daughter said 'she wasn't even that big'.

I don't see why one click won't do???
potterfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #195
SharkyGoddess
Happier than a Shark at a Sushi Bar
 
SharkyGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,690

It would be nice if they would post the seat measurements on this ride to save people trouble. I'm chunky and have heavy thighs and a bubble butt.
__________________
SB Me DS20 DD18 DS9
First trip 1987 ~Disney & Bush Gardens with best friend and Dad Second trip 1991 ~ US with friendsThird trip July 2002 ~ Disney & US/IOA with my kiddos Fourth trip July 2004 ~US/IOA A very pregnant me and my two kiddos Fifth trip October 2007 ~Disney for MNSSHP ASM with my kiddos and Sweet Babboo Sixth trip October 2010 ~US/IOA for HHN & WWoHP with Babboo & KiddosSeventh Trip October 2013~ US/IOA with the fam & HHN with my Sweet Babboo, Mac, Marquibiri, Pax & Dora
"Just behind the reef are the big white teeth of the sharks that can swim on the land."
SharkyGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: