Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #166
AuroraAcerbis
Earning My Ears

I hope these TMs who are pushing down on the seats you guys are seeing are all on duty next Thursday!

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out, buttongirl. They should have let you take your daughter off! I agree that's worthy of a letter.
AuroraAcerbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #167
bouncy54
I Believe In Fairy Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_RN View Post
I just got back from a 5 day trip to Orlando. Spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at WWOHP. I was a little worried that I would not fit after stalking these boards for weeks. I am 5'8" 235 lbs and I had no problem getting the 3 clicks on my own and still felt good in the seat.

I will say this though, on my 5th time riding there was a lady in front of me who I thought was rather large and I kept thinking she was going to be turned away. They didnt even pull her out of line for a test seat. She ended up sitting in the bench with me and my SO and she could only get 2 clicks and the TM literally pushed down with all his weight to get the third click. He then asked her if she could breathe okay and she said yes but it was really uncomfortable. I thought for sure he was going to let her off but nope, all he asked was "can you tolerate it for 5 minutes??" She must've said yes because she rode. And he pushed hard.
I feel like such an idiot for asking this, but... when you say you thought she was rather large.. where, exactly, was she large. Upper body, lower body or "all over" body? Was she tall?
bouncy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #168
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
I just got back from a 5 day trip to Orlando. Spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at WWOHP. I was a little worried that I would not fit after stalking these boards for weeks. I am 5'8" 235 lbs and I had no problem getting the 3 clicks on my own and still felt good in the seat.

I will say this though, on my 5th time riding there was a lady in front of me who I thought was rather large and I kept thinking she was going to be turned away. They didnt even pull her out of line for a test seat. She ended up sitting in the bench with me and my SO and she could only get 2 clicks and the TM literally pushed down with all his weight to get the third click. He then asked her if she could breathe okay and she said yes but it was really uncomfortable. I thought for sure he was going to let her off but nope, all he asked was "can you tolerate it for 5 minutes??" She must've said yes because she rode. And he pushed hard.
im wondering when the 1st lawsuit will be filed for busted gut or somethingTMs really caught between rock & hard place on this one, i feel for anybody manning that ride.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #169
John_RN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy54 View Post
I feel like such an idiot for asking this, but... when you say you thought she was rather large.. where, exactly, was she large. Upper body, lower body or "all over" body? Was she tall?
She was all over large, and I'm not saying that to be mean but you know how it is on this board. I spent weeks and weeks reading all these posts of people with certain dimensions not riding and when my SO and I saw her we both just figured they wouldn't let her ride.

I am awful with guessing sizes but I figured she was maybe 5'6" and about 245 lbs. But I could be wrong, I am awful at guessing weights!
John_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:25 AM   #170
disneyannie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I

Thanks John thats interesting and good to know, when the ride first opened they seemed a bit reluctant to squish people into their restraints, so i'm happy they are now doing this.......i can cope with being uncomfortable for getting to ride

Last edited by disneyannie; 08-13-2010 at 11:04 AM.
disneyannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:39 AM   #171
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
im wondering when the 1st lawsuit will be filed for busted gut or somethingTMs really caught between rock & hard place on this one, i feel for anybody manning that ride.
I'm wondering what they will do when the first person who can't get 3 clicks refuses to get off.
Purseval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #172
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purseval View Post
I'm wondering what they will do when the first person who can't get 3 clicks refuses to get off.
They had an incident like that in the first couple days. They had to shut down the whole ride, and they were a lot stricter about letting oversize people on for awhile after that. There were reports of TMs flatly refusing to push down on the restraints at all.

So basically, refusing to get off is ruining it for everyone.
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #173
Asm
Earning My Ears

I rode today! I'm about 5'6" @245 and proportional. They didn't pull me to test and asked if they push hard. They got the 3 clicks. My 42Gs were squished into a sort of uni-b**b but hey I RODE! It was awesome!
Asm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:51 AM   #174
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asm View Post
I rode today! I'm about 5'6" @245 and proportional. They didn't pull me to test and asked if they push hard. They got the 3 clicks. My 42Gs were squished into a sort of uni-b**b but hey I RODE! It was awesome!
Yay! Just think of it as a two for one deal. You got to ride FJ and got a mammogram at the same time.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:09 AM   #175
mom2aandj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttongirl View Post
It would not let me retrieve my seven year old daughter who was crying because she was scared to ride without me.
wow! I am so sorry that happened! My 7 year old DD would have gotten hysterical if that had happened to her. That is really unacceptable.
Mar 2014
BLT: Mar 2014
CBR: Oct. 2009
Universal
PBH: Oct. 2010
mom2aandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #176
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
Yay! Just think of it as a two for one deal. You got to ride FJ and got a mammogram at the same time.
LOL! That's a great way to look at it!

I'm still wondering about tall people because there doesn't seem to be a lot of reporting about that. Is some guy who is 6'5" or 6'6" going to be able to ride, or is that too tall? Has anyone seen taller guys like this be able to ride?
Old 08-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #177
OrlandoUnited
Mouseketeer

Well...I went this past Friday night. I hadn't been in a while because myself and my family were in a very bad car accident a few weeks ago.

and...I fit. I even got the green light outside. I'm now 6'2, 255.

I didn't get stopped at all for testing, and once on the ride, I could actually pull the harness down to 4 clicks.

So yeah, I'm happy, after waiting 3 months to ride and losing approximately 30 pounds, it was worth it.
OrlandoUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #178
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
They had an incident like that in the first couple days. They had to shut down the whole ride
I guess what I should have written was how would security physically get them out if they refused. Taser them?
Old 08-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #179
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible

I gotta ask as i'm still nervous, i'm between 255-260 lbs & 5'9, I have a little bit of a stomach but i'm not overly large. My profile pic shows me & I was wondering if there was a chance i'd be able to fit given these dimensions. Crossing my fingers & TIA!

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013, 2014 & Christmas 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort- Christmas 2014
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014 & Christmas 2014

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #180
Purseval
DIS Veteran

The best thing for you to do is go through the line and try getting on the ride. The worst that will happen is you get to see the most amazing queue ever made in any theme park. The ride itself is just icing on an already wonderful cake.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: