Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
smurko
Earning My Ears

Cool things to do in disney that are different

Hey everyone, so I am going to Disney World July 24-31 and me and my family are trying to think of cool things at Disney that not many people know about or just something totaly and new! So does anyone have an suggestions?? I know that we are goig to do the SEGWAY tour in EPCOT and mini golf
Thank(:

"were having to good of time we aint thinking about tomorrow"- John Dillinger
smurko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Cinderella90210
Mouseketeer

The Mini Golf at the WDW Resort is amazing, really relaxing
Back in 2007 we did this Magic Kingdom tour which in a way was very childish but kinda fun... we went all around the park with this guide finding clues and then at the end played games with Peter Pan and Wendy with just the group so very good for character interaction and a great photo opp...

don't know if they are still doing this but maybe doing something similar

Or we've done the Epcot Illuminations Cruise where you watch the show from the cruise boat on the water and I know there is also a Wishes version of this too, it was amazing and our captain was great
Hope that helps

EDIT: Just remembered it's called Family Magic Tour

☮ ♥ †
Dream Big Live Bigger Love Biggest

Last edited by Cinderella90210; 06-16-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Cinderella90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2010, 07:54 AM   #3
marypops!
Sponsered by Powergen!
This song is ending, but the story will never end
But I guess my dreams faded into sepia-tone somewhere along the way...

The Segway tour in Epcot was really awesome when I did it. If you do it, make sure it's early in the morning because you get into Epcot earlier than other guests, plus you go around the World Showcase before it opens.

Also in Epcot is the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure. It's an interactive game set in difference countries in the World Showcase. You go around solving clues and activating hidden surprises, like making a guitar play in a shop, or making wind chimes move. It's aimed at kids, but it's fun for any age. I did all the missions on my last trip and I think my favourite was the Japan one.

Something different we did last trip was go to the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea. Everyone in the family loves tea (but then again, we are English ) and it was an enjoyable experience. You get a pot of tea along with tea sandwiches or Sally Lunn bread (lightly toasted bread with apricot jam) depending on the package you choose. You also get a couple of pastries at the end.

Your life can depend on this. Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, Don't look away and Don't Blink. Good luck.
i found the meaning of life in the dictionary
marypops! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
Sparx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypops! View Post
The Segway tour in Epcot was really awesome when I did it. If you do it, make sure it's early in the morning because you get into Epcot earlier than other guests, plus you go around the World Showcase before it opens.

Also in Epcot is the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure. It's an interactive game set in difference countries in the World Showcase. You go around solving clues and activating hidden surprises, like making a guitar play in a shop, or making wind chimes move. It's aimed at kids, but it's fun for any age. I did all the missions on my last trip and I think my favourite was the Japan one.

Something different we did last trip was go to the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea. Everyone in the family loves tea (but then again, we are English ) and it was an enjoyable experience. You get a pot of tea along with tea sandwiches or Sally Lunn bread (lightly toasted bread with apricot jam) depending on the package you choose. You also get a couple of pastries at the end.
I wouldn't suggest this at peak times. If its really crowded people do not move out of your way. I almost maimed a five year old. Its really really stressful to get through the crowd when you're leaving the empty world showcase and going into the crowded part of epcot. Otherwise the tour was great. But if I did it again, I'd definitely do it some time other htan the week of christmas and new years.

mighty putty can fix everything but my broken heart
rip billy mays
i love, i have loved, i will love.

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #5
marypops!
Sponsered by Powergen!
This song is ending, but the story will never end
But I guess my dreams faded into sepia-tone somewhere along the way...

Yeah, I did it the first week of December, so it was pretty quiet. I think the first tour starts around 7:30am. That's when we had ours (but we got there late and took the next tour). I'm not sure how it'll be at peak times, but the World Showcase would be pretty much empty (other than Mexico, Norway, UK and France for restaurant and entry reasons).

Your life can depend on this. Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, Don't look away and Don't Blink. Good luck.
i found the meaning of life in the dictionary
marypops! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
Sparx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I did it the first week of December, so it was pretty quiet. I think the first tour starts around 7:30am. That's when we had ours (but we got there late and took the next tour). I'm not sure how it'll be at peak times, but the World Showcase would be pretty much empty (other than Mexico, Norway, UK and France for restaurant and entry reasons).
I did the 730 one I think, but when we were leaving the world showcase, the groups waiting to get in were massive and parents were NOT keeping their small children from running in between the segways.

mighty putty can fix everything but my broken heart
rip billy mays
i love, i have loved, i will love.

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #7
Axel
Introduce a Little Anarchy. 1979-2008
Pi a la ModeJack, I swear…

The Segway tour is awesome! We had so much fun when we did it!

And like George mentioned, the Kim Possible thing is pretty neat, too.

I also really like hunting for hidden mickeys and there's another book that's just one gigantic WDW scavenger hunt that's a lot of fun, too!
September 1996::WDW 25th Anniversary::Fort Wilderness\\October 1999::Millenium Celebration::FW\\November 2001::WDW 30th Anniversary and 100 Years of Magic::FW\\December 2004::Purchased DVC::FW\\ November 2005::WDL 50th Anniversary::Saratoga Springs Resort\\December 2006::Year of a Million Dreams::SSR\\August 2007::Pirate and Princess Party::Boardwalk\\November 2007::YoaMD::SSR\\February 2008::with Lissy::Villas at the Wilderness Lodge\\August 2008::with Nora::Old Key West\\December 2008::with Shianna::SSR\\February 2009::What Will You Celebrate?::Beach Club Villas\\January 2010::Un-Birthday:::Animal Kingdom Lodge\\May 2010::Dad's 65th/With Molly::OKW\\January 2011::Un-Birthday::Bay Lake Tower\May 2011::With Nora::BCV\\May 2012::One More Disney Day::OKW\\January 2013::Damon's First Trip::OKW\\March 2013::Spring Break with Sarah::OKW\\May 2013::College Grad!::VWL\\July 2014::ACTUAL BIRTHDAY TRIP!!!::Villas at the Grand Floridian\\October 2014::Food and Wine Festival::OKW\\December 2014::Christmas with Dan and LouAnn::OKW\

You must always remember to smile.

restaurants eaten at: 143/251
my blog
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
TinkerTracy
Wow so much is going on
Official thread promoter. Where's my bullhorn at?
I am incredibly hard to embarrass

We've done the Magic Behind the Steam Engines tour. You get to learn all about the WDW trains. Sounds boring, but was a ton of fun!
This year we're doing Keys to the Kingdom!
We've also gone and snorkeled in the Living Seas...on the EPCOT AquaTours....best experience ever!

TinkerTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:29 PM   #9
LittleMissMusical
Future Disney Princess!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella90210 View Post
The Mini Golf at the WDW Resort is amazing, really relaxing
Back in 2007 we did this Magic Kingdom tour which in a way was very childish but kinda fun... we went all around the park with this guide finding clues and then at the end played games with Peter Pan and Wendy with just the group so very good for character interaction and a great photo opp...

don't know if they are still doing this but maybe doing something similar

Or we've done the Epcot Illuminations Cruise where you watch the show from the cruise boat on the water and I know there is also a Wishes version of this too, it was amazing and our captain was great
Hope that helps

EDIT: Just remembered it's called Family Magic Tour
omg i did this too!!!! it was childish but we had a family with a 5 year old boy doing the tour as well. it was like seeing disney through a childs eyes again. oh, his favorite character was peter pan, it was so precious to see his face light up when he saw peter waiting for him!
LittleMissMusical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #10
MusicalDisneyDreams
Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring
♫ There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow ♪

Location: Maybe WDW or DLR. If so, probably hunting down a Dole Whip Float with my name on it. Hopefully somewhere quiet reading a good book. Possibly scrapbooking. Most likely at my home, in the shadow of the Colorado Rockies.

Tea at thr Grand Floridian is an amazing thing to do. My mom, sister, and I loved it. The tea and food were (was?) delicious.

We also like to take scavengert hunt books and look for Hidden Mickeys, although these things aren't all that out of the ordinary.
2013 DLR Graduation, offsite ~ 2011 DLR Christmas, offsite ~ 2010 DLR 15th b-day, offsite ~ 2010 WDW School Choir Trip ASMusic+POFQ ~ 2008 WDW POFQ momma+me (MNSSHP) ~ 2007 WDW POP Christmas ~ 2005 DLR Cristmas, off-site ~ 2003 WDW ASMusic Christmas

"And now, ladies and gentlemen... the incredible, the amazing, the eighth wonder of the world... the back side of water!"
MusicalDisneyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
HSMndLKfan92
The Force is strong with this one

Never question my Jedi greatness
Meeting by the Fountain of Nations

Sit on a bench at the park and just watch people go by.
(I mean, I've never even thought about doing this until now)
Old 06-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #12
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

You can go online and find pre-made scavenger hunts to do at the parks. I've never done it, but my friend has. She printed out a AK scavenger hunt and followed the clues with her sister, it's basically a fun way of exploring the parks(:

Also, I just like walking around the different deluxe resorts... the themeing in most of them is amazing

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #13
Axel
Introduce a Little Anarchy. 1979-2008
Pi a la ModeJack, I swear…

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSMndLKfan92 View Post
Sit on a bench at the park and just watch people go by.
(I mean, I've never even thought about doing this until now)
Walt used to do that. That's why there's so many benches! Well, obvs not at WDW, but he used to at DLR.
September 1996::WDW 25th Anniversary::Fort Wilderness\\October 1999::Millenium Celebration::FW\\November 2001::WDW 30th Anniversary and 100 Years of Magic::FW\\December 2004::Purchased DVC::FW\\ November 2005::WDL 50th Anniversary::Saratoga Springs Resort\\December 2006::Year of a Million Dreams::SSR\\August 2007::Pirate and Princess Party::Boardwalk\\November 2007::YoaMD::SSR\\February 2008::with Lissy::Villas at the Wilderness Lodge\\August 2008::with Nora::Old Key West\\December 2008::with Shianna::SSR\\February 2009::What Will You Celebrate?::Beach Club Villas\\January 2010::Un-Birthday:::Animal Kingdom Lodge\\May 2010::Dad's 65th/With Molly::OKW\\January 2011::Un-Birthday::Bay Lake Tower\May 2011::With Nora::BCV\\May 2012::One More Disney Day::OKW\\January 2013::Damon's First Trip::OKW\\March 2013::Spring Break with Sarah::OKW\\May 2013::College Grad!::VWL\\July 2014::ACTUAL BIRTHDAY TRIP!!!::Villas at the Grand Floridian\\October 2014::Food and Wine Festival::OKW\\December 2014::Christmas with Dan and LouAnn::OKW\

You must always remember to smile.

restaurants eaten at: 143/251
my blog
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #14
thisonegirl
I'm having fun....no matter how stupid I look!

Quote:
Also, I just like walking around the different deluxe resorts... the themeing in most of them is amazing
Last time I went to WDW, I walked around the Polynesian for a bit, and it was AMAZING! We were going to go around the Floridian, but we didn't have enough time....
Old 06-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #15
smurko
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Yeah if we do the tour it would be early and the Kim possible adenure sounds fun! i like the scavenger hunts/things like that to do. Where do you find out what to do and all that fun jazz for that???
and we are going to do the tea we did it last time and we all really enjoyed it(:

"were having to good of time we aint thinking about tomorrow"- John Dillinger
smurko is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: