Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #16
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Day 2 cont....

Feeling better for an hours nap we got ready and went to check out the Studios. Dd had fun on the scream machines and we took a ride on the carpets with only a 10 min wait. We left the studios and went to wait for the Showtime Spectacular on the main stage at 7pm. I am in awe of the Disney machine it is all just so good. We set up at the front but in truth were a bit too close to appreciate everything but dd got lots of nice waves and high 5's at the end.

It was like the speed walking olympics getting back to the village lol We were heading for Annettes and had to queue for 20 mins, the speed walking paid off because the line behind us was immense.

We caught them dancing and found the atmosphere to be really fun. We all ate from the set menu I had the veggie burger which was gorgeous and such a nice change from the usual unimaginative veggie burgers with a hash brown, avocado and tomatoes mmmmmm Mum had the onion burger and dd the hot dog, total bill came to 39.44 euro after shareholders discount which is amazing value for such nice fresh food.

The obligatory photo ....

Very full we took a wander through the Village shops, somehow I ended up buying dd a cute Marie nightie dd spent some of her money, she had gathered 100 euro before the trip and boy was it burning a hole in her pocket!

We headed to the HNY bar where we had a mini disco with me having a Glowtini and dd having the Tinkerbell kids cocktail, mum had the Newyork Newyork. The cocktails were made to perfection and it was a great end to a great second day.

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #17
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
WOW! What a princess-tastic day!!!!!!

Just re-read day 1 and you are having some amazing characters meets, lucky, lucky, lucky!!!

p.s. I love the Rosetta dress
Wait for the next day lol We filled 3 books on our trip and the Rosetta is really cute, lots of people asked about it as apparently they don't get as much range over there I was seriously tempted to buy the cape in the sale today at Disney but I held off ... for now.

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #18
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Day 3 .... Fun Packed Friday

At last some sunshine we missed our breakfast slot but there was no problem and they just let us in. Seeing the park in the sun for the first time was even more magical, we made our way to IASW for our first tour. EMH are great and made our trip. After our whirlwind world tour we went to the teacups, yesterday we had the super spinny cup today I nearly dislocated my shoulder lol

We queued for rope drop at Adventureland where we were treated to some Piratey fun by the CM's. Again the speed walking olympics took place as seemed to be the norm and we got on POTC in the first few boats. I loved this ride, we were at the back of a boat dd sat in the middle not quite sure of how dark it all was and as we rounded up one of the drops she cried out 'are we going to die' which echoed around making everyone laugh Dd loves pirates so we indulged in the shop here.

Note the gun .... this will feature again later!
Off we went to put our early queue system in place at Woody's Roundup and again it paid off, the sun was strong and the queue was long. They were 15-20 mins late opening up which was a drag but worth the wait for the orderly system. We saw Goofy, Minnie and Jessie but Woody was going to be late ....

The theming of all the characters' western outfits were awesome, unfortunately we couldn't wait for Woody we had places to be!

A quick change and a dash as we were now cutting it fine for our Auberge reservation after the hold up at Woody's roundup. We made it just after 1:05pm and took our turn with Cinderella at the door, it was seriously busy in Auberge and we got a bit of a rubbish table at the back but it didn't take away from the magic. The princesses did a couple of turns whilst we were there, dd was kept busy with plenty of colouring materials etc. The starter wasn't so much of a hit but the rest of the food was yummy, mum had the lamb and I had the vegetable tart. We met Belle, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty and her Prince and Suzie and Perla.

Our waiter was lovely and I was pleased the Maitre De made sure that the other mouse came over to us before we left as we'd only been visited by one.

I loved the desert mmmmm the bill came to 121.71 euro after the shareholder discount and it was worth every penny.

By the time we left Auberge the sun had got really strong, we went to check out the Dragon ... big mistake! Once we figured out how to get to the entrance we just about walked through the doorway as the dragon awoke turning it's head a letting our a roar, that was all it took dd screamed, spun on her heel and ran for it. Mum and I were in stitches I walked out to total panic that dd couldn't be seen anywhere She had ran all the way back to the courtyard at Auberge without so much as a backward glance lol

I removed my heart from my throat and coaxed dd back to through the castle to get a slush, it was getting hotter. As we were finishing our drinks the All Star Express came to a stop and the characters went to there spots, we made chase and picked up a few more autographs ....

Mrs Incredible ... she was great fun, not bowing to the pressure of the crowd and playing with dd.

Lilo .....

and Stitch ....

Not a bad haul considering it was mayhem

Off we went for the Showtime Spectacular, today we went for stage right which was so much fun and Stitch remembered dd getting down on one knee and giving her his full attention ....

Today we were desperate to see the OUAD parade as it had been cancelled due to rain. We took up a spot in the shade outside Bella Notte, I chatted to a CM roping off the area and she told me where to go for the princesses. The crowd grew around us as we were pitched up on the floor. Just before the parade started the CM I'd spoken to earlier came to tell me the floats wouldn't be stopping today due to heat we were sad but really appreciated the time CM's took to tell us. We loved the parade and although the floats didn't stop they all waved and blew kisses to dd dressed as Sleeping Beauty.

After the parade had passed we made our way back towards HNY we nipped down the trusty arcade and caught the parade at main street again. We made a quick shower and change as we were off to BBWWS ..... wow we were having a blast!

Last edited by tinkertaylor05; 01-24-2011 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #19
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Day 3 cont .....

We were doing the early sitting at BBWWS we didn't see much if the pre show but what we saw looked good. They give you hats on the way in with a different colour band and after the pre show will call different colours to different stairs. The show was great fun, dd loved banging her dishes about and she actually ate, maybe just because it was dark

After the show the Village was packed out, I guess it's a big weekend hang out. We figured it was a perfect evening to try the Panaramagique (sp?) Balloon, this is when I learned I don't like heights I freaked out lol Everyone had a good laugh at my expense, especially considering I love rollercoasters.

It was the World Cup whilst we were there and back at the HNY football Mickey was out to play doing games in the lobby with all the kids.

I had been telling dd to look at the camera and smile ... hence we ended up with this weird grimace for most of the photos from this point in lol

Friday was fun but oh so exhausting I think I slipped into a mini coma that night.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #20
sammie1884
Mouseketeer

I am loving this trip report! we are hoping to do the wild west show next time, it sounds fab!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #21
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Another brilliant day!!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #22
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Brilliantly detailed trip report so far, loving the photos and your daughter looks beautiful in her Rosetta dress . Although we also had rain on our early June trip a couple of years ago, we loved the quietness of the parks and the abundance of characters to be found .

I take it your day 3 was a Saturday? The queues you mention seem much bigger than you had found on days 1 and 2?
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun

Last edited by DLPdaft; 01-24-2011 at 07:06 AM.
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #23
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Really enjoying this trip report - can't wait to read some more! Fabulous photos! I particularly like the one of your gorgeous DD in Salon Mickey!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #24
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the lovely comments, I'm going to add the last 2 days this week, I'm determined to get it done so I can start my pre-trip for Feb

Old 01-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #25
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
I take it your day 3 was a Saturday? The queues you mention seem much bigger than you had found on days 1 and 2?
Day 3 was Friday, Saturday will be Day 4, I have to say I think the weekend was my favourite part of the trip

Old 01-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #26
zenith
Earning My Ears

I'm loving your trip report - your daughter is so pretty and looks so happy too

Can't wait till I go there!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #27
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith View Post
I'm loving your trip report - your daughter is so pretty and looks so happy too

Can't wait till I go there!
Thank you, I hope you get as much magic as we did

Old 01-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #28
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Day 4 ... Super Saturday

Not sure what time breakfast slot we had this morning but to tell the truth it didn't matter whatever I don't think we stuck to it once on the trip. Breakfast was served in the convention centre and I kind of prefered it in here, there was so much space. We met Goofy in the lobby before going out for EMH ....

We were back to a rainy day again, we went on Buzz, the Carousel and Peter Pan ... this is so magical

Before 10am we decided to get over to the studios as it was Saturday we felt it would be less busy. As soon as we entered we met Donald ....

and Stitch ....

We got a go on the carpets in before joining the queue for the Studio Tram Tour, we managed to get on the 2nd tram of the day. I really would recommend getting to the big attractions for opening. The tram tour was great fun for all ages and the heat wow!

Next up was the meet and greet with Sulley, we went to queue there were people playing but nobody in the queue so we started it off, this quickly grew. Sulley was a little late and when he came out the CM was rubbish and let loads of people push in front of us. You can shrug off one or two but it was starting to get ridiculous that people were coming from all over and no attention was being paid to the roped off queue system .... Uh Oh this really upset my mum and she promptly started to tell the CM off lol I thought I was too old to be embarrased, obviously not This was our only negative experience with a CM, anyways we got our turn and dd was happy ...

We explored a little and decided we would check out the English version od Stitch Live, it felt a bit like being cattle herded waiting to go in but what a cool show

After we walked out of the show the rain had eased up and there were a few characters buzzing about .... We caught Snow Whites Evil Queen

I loved her, dd wasn't so sure! Cruella and a couple others were about but they were going back in which was a bit of a bummer but I got chatting to a CM who advised us they bring different characters out most days between 1-2pm when the weathers ok ..... mental note made

We were starting to get hungry so decided to try Cafe Mickey for some lunch, we were seated in the little conservatory bit and the waiter was a bit dense. We just shared a pizza between the 3 of us and enjoyed chiiling out a while, dd was looking beat. We met Mickey ...

Scrooge ...

Goofy, Donald and Gideon too but the photos are very dark. I didn't really like sitting in the conservatory bit, I felt on display and several people tried to bang on windows etc to distract characters. I also felt the atmosphere was lacking something from the evening but the food was good and it was a welcome break.

We watched the Showtime Spectacular from stage left today, we were working our way around lol We though we'd try to see the parade again today and got there nice and early, I set us up on the side with the benches opposite Bella Notte and we got to see the Princesses dance at last. We went back to HNY to relax a little and get changed, we knew the park would be open late today and a rest was in order.

Last edited by tinkertaylor05; 01-24-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #29
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Day 4 cont ......

We had 6:30pm reservations at Inventions, this was the first time we'd been in DLH and it really is beautiful, we enjoyed looking at all the little details and artwork.

We'd been looking forward to Inventions so much, this was the only meal we hadn't booked before arriving and were lucky to get a slot. We had a nice seat by the window, mum and I ordered a couple of cocktails, I had a Glowtini again and mum had a Pina Colada. I felt they'd overdone the alcohol in my Glowtini and couldn't really drink it was so strong. The atmosphere was nice and relaxed and there was a steady stream of characters.

We met Goofy ....

Gideon ....

Mickey, Eeyore and Chip and Dale ...

Now I am not a fan of buffet service but I felt Inventions should be something more sadly I was disappointed with the whole experience. The waiter was sullen and thats being polite, mum was subsequently ill from the fish she ate in here and I was just non plussed by the food and found it to be watery. The best bit was the desert, the cheesecake was gorgeous but for 152 euros after 15% discount I felt a little deflated.

We did some shopping in the boutique at DLH and found some nice bits we'd not seen other places. We left on a bit of a low after such anticipation of Inventions .... all was not lost though, leaving was the best bit

We walked out of DLH onto Main Street and the place was just alive, the atmosphere was great .... So much going on a so many characters dd couldn't wait to get chasing them lol

We met Peter Pan and Wendy who were lovely chatting away to dd and giving her lots of time, Wendy also grabbed tweedle dee and tweedle dum for dd, they were a blast .... not sure what's happened to my pictures though.

The Queen of Hearts was putting on a great show stomping about, she got dd curtseying (sp?) for her and to follow her, in the end she would only sign an autograph for dd before unceremoniosly throwing dd's autograph book on the floor and tossing her pen in the air before turning and running off from the crowd.

Hook was great fun too, play fighting etc

The whole vibe of the parks on Saturday night was fab, we headed into the park and decided we'd try Star Tours. There was a 20 minute queue but the whole area is so interesting you wouldn't know you'd waited at all. We all loved Star Tours, I thought it would be cheesy but it was actually really fun.

Next we went onto the teacups ....

We were finding most people were leaving the park and rides were barely queueing. Dd wanted to go to Alice's Labyrinth, we did this a bunch of times and I'd had enough of it so was glad they'd just shut it lol

We went for a wander BTM was walk on by this time (around 8:30pm I think) but dd wasn't sure about it so we headed over to cheack out Phantom Manor. The CM there was great and chatty, he was talking to dd about apples, as she was Snow White but it was completely wasted on her

We walked straight on Phanton Manor after a little persuading of dd, I can't imagine how long the queue must be for this wow it was a long walk, the detail again is second to none. Dd was fine on the ride and we all enjoyed it, she had a play on the fort at Adventureland on the way out of the park. Although it was Saturday and busy we'd had a great day, I found by going in the Studios first thing it gave us some respite and returning to the main park in the evening was so good as most people were walking in the opposite direction

We did some more shopping on the way back to HNY, dd spent some more of her money buying a couple of plushes and a buzz light year gun (Ughhhhh that thing is annoying lol). We went up to our room, had some nice hot drinks and played Disney happy families

Last edited by tinkertaylor05; 01-24-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #30
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Really enjoying your TR and your photos are just wonderful

DD looks great in her various princess outfits

Quick question for you, you mentioned that you are vegetarian and I wondered if you found plenty of options?

I have already noted your veggie burger at Annettes - I will def get one of those
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: