Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #76
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdisneyfamily View Post
I am LOVING your TR. A big reason why is because we were in your shoes June 21-28 and I am reliving it. We stayed at POR too, in the Mansions section and loved it. Yes, it was super hot when we were there, muggy, humid, etc. We loved it anyway and we can't wait to go back. I love all your pictures! I can't wait to read the rest.
Oh, thank you!! I am so glad you are enjoying it!!

POR was the best!! It was so hot! The humidity wasn't so bad after Monday but it was blazing hot still! I am not a hot weather gal!! We live with massive humidity in the summer...but I choose to remain indoors!!
But saying that...the heat will not keep me away!!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #77
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

Wow, great update! I was laughing at one of the pictures you took of the crowd while waiting on rope drop -- those people did not look happy!!

And, I love Madison's shirt!!! My DD surprised me when she told me about that little colored shed -- I had no idea.

I can feel your stress about your DH being unhappy...you just keep hoping and hoping that the NEXT thing will improve the mood!

Lastly -- why have I never seen that subway entrance!??!

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #78
SurfinTX
DIS Veteran

When that rain hit us in EPCOT we were luckily in the process of riding Mission: Space and just saw the aftermath. Even though it was even muggier the sun wasn't out and that was a good tradeoff for us.

So far DHS looks a lot less crowded than the day before and your getting far more done than we did. Rope drop really helps to get those popular rides out of the way.

I'm sorry your DH broke his phone. I hope it didn't ruin his whole day. I know it would have been at the back of my mind knowing Apple's return policy.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #79
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmerBaggins View Post
Wow, great update! I was laughing at one of the pictures you took of the crowd while waiting on rope drop -- those people did not look happy!!

And, I love Madison's shirt!!! My DD surprised me when she told me about that little colored shed -- I had no idea.

I can feel your stress about your DH being unhappy...you just keep hoping and hoping that the NEXT thing will improve the mood!

Lastly -- why have I never seen that subway entrance!??!
The crowd does look like a bit of torture going on!!

The whole combo of events were not helping Keith's mood at all!

We got pictures at the subway last year and thins year. It is funny the little things that you may never see! I saw on someone's TR a shop in DHS centered around "It's a Wonderful Life" and I was upset that I missed it....I didn't even know it existed! I will be searching it out next time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfinTX View Post
When that rain hit us in EPCOT we were luckily in the process of riding Mission: Space and just saw the aftermath. Even though it was even muggier the sun wasn't out and that was a good tradeoff for us.

So far DHS looks a lot less crowded than the day before and your getting far more done than we did. Rope drop really helps to get those popular rides out of the way.

I'm sorry your DH broke his phone. I hope it didn't ruin his whole day. I know it would have been at the back of my mind knowing Apple's return policy.
I was thankfull we were inside or covered everytime it rained! And you are right...the sun would have made things worse. We were able to cope with how the weather worked out!

The crowds weren't bad at all! We really never had a long wait for anything we did! Keith actually spent lunch on the phone with an Apple store tryign to get a location to go to (not the whole lunch) but in the end we got a cover and he waited until we got home....a new phone had to be purchased! You have to love how phone manufacturers work things!!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #80
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Subbing! Great TR so far. I really enjoyed hearing about Restaurantosaurus...we're eating there on our trip and I can't wait! Good to know about Tusker House breakfast...we've been debating doing it, but most of us don't like the exotic foods so maybe better pass?

Can't wait for the next update!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #81
ksl5f123
DIS Veteran

Wow! You got a LOT of great pictures. I really enjoyed the ones of the ToT queue. You know I will never be on that so it was fun for me to get to see it.

Ugh about wanting a sandwich just 2 hours before your lunch! Didn't he get the memo about sticking to the touring plan? It seems like you might need to schedule meals for your DH like I do for my preschooler.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #82
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Subbing! Great TR so far. I really enjoyed hearing about Restaurantosaurus...we're eating there on our trip and I can't wait! Good to know about Tusker House breakfast...we've been debating doing it, but most of us don't like the exotic foods so maybe better pass?

Can't wait for the next update!
Welcome!! Glad you are here!! We actually were at T-Rex in Downtown Disney and not Restaurantosaurus. Tusker House was fun character wise, but if you don't like exotic foods, the basics are very blah!

I hope to have an update soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksl5f123 View Post
Wow! You got a LOT of great pictures. I really enjoyed the ones of the ToT queue. You know I will never be on that so it was fun for me to get to see it.

Ugh about wanting a sandwich just 2 hours before your lunch! Didn't he get the memo about sticking to the touring plan? It seems like you might need to schedule meals for your DH like I do for my preschooler.
I really love the ToT queue! If you are ever with someone else riding you can walk and then "chicken out"...it is worth it!!

I tried talking to him about the plans prior to the trip and he wasn't interested!! Then he complains about what we are doing!?! Yes, I will have to plan for a "preschooler" next time!! I didn't think of it like that but you are so very correct!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #83
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR today and have loved reading through all of it.

You have such a beautiful family and your pictures are amazing.

We were debating on doing T-Rex but had decided against it. Seeing your review of it has me rethinking this decision.

Can't wait to hear more

Old 07-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #84
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

Phew, all caught up! I really wanted to do Indiana Jones, but we were unable to! Next time that is a MUST do!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #85
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Just found your TR today and have loved reading through all of it.

You have such a beautiful family and your pictures are amazing.

We were debating on doing T-Rex but had decided against it. Seeing your review of it has me rethinking this decision.

Can't wait to hear more
Hi!! I am glad you found my TR and have enjoyed it!!

T-Rex was so much fun!! Originally in planning this trip, I wasn't sold on going back but the kids really wanted to. I tried using the excuse I couldn't make the reservations online but then when I called the restaurant directly and got the exact time I wanted...I gave in. But we had soooo much fun!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
Phew, all caught up! I really wanted to do Indiana Jones, but we were unable to! Next time that is a MUST do!
I know what you mean!! I feel so far behind on my subbed TRs and I haven't had time to update my own!! I shipped my kiddos off to NOLA for the week today, so maybe I can get back on track!!!

I really loved Indiana Jones!! I read on another thread a rumor that they may be doing away with it and replacing it with something in regards to Star Wars. But they stressed it was hearsay!

Alright everyone....I hope to get this TR back on track!! My job has gotten crazy so I apologize for dragging around!!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #86
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

I can't believe he said yes! We conquered June! More DHS Updates!! 7.11.10

A new update!!

We exit the Back Lot tour and head over to LMA. The show is set for 1:20pm and it is almost 1pm at this point. We find a seat and wait and wait and wait….it begins at 1:30pm. Due to rain and technical difficulties the show was delayed but it will go on!! We have reservations at 2:05 at Sci-Fi…oh well, I guess we will be late again!!

Keith loves The Italian Job so even last year when we went to LMA, I just knew this would be something Keith would enjoy! This is a fun show! And it hasn’t changed one bit since last year….but that also allowed me to know when things would occur!! And, I think Keith was entertained too.

Here are the Lights Motors Action!!! pictures:

During the delay

The chase is on!! Red= Hero Black= The Bad Guys! BOOOOOOO!!!!

Herbie makes an appearance!!

Motorcycle Chase!!

We exit LMA at 2pm and head straight to Sci-Fi.

We arrive, check-in and are immediately seated! We make our way to our car and find it to be nice and cool! It was so humid outside that we were glad for a reprieve! We ordered our burgers and onion rings/fries

and sat back to enjoy the corny movie clips!

The back of the restaurant

Madison and Chris on our car

and the speakers

This was our 2nd time here and I think I liked it even more the 2nd time around! It is a great change of pace! Keith even made a comment on how quiet it was…and it was! You felt like you needed to whisper!

We finish up lunch and take stock of what is left to do (that we want to do): The Great Movie Ride and FPs for TSM, ToT and RnR!! We make our way to TSM and see we are by The Great Movie Ride so we decide to go ahead and do this! The wait is very minimal (10 minutes) and before we know it we are on our way!!

Continued in next post...
Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #87
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

I can't believe he said yes! We conquered June! More DHS Updates!! 7.11.10

The Sorcerer's Hat:

The Chinese Theater:

The Great Movie Ride:

Mary Poppins

Singing in the Rain

John Wayne and the Westerns

Casablanca

The Wizard of Oz: I don't think we are in Kansas anymore!

Oh that mean witch!!! Watch out Dorothy and Toto!!

There's no place like home!

It is Indiana Jones again!!

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea but I like The Great Movie Ride...however I love nostalgia and this ride is full of it!! I wish my picture of Signorny Weaver in Alien had come out!!

So now it is time to use those FastPasses!! Plus we have a whole evening and no plans yet!!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #88
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Awesome updates again!

LMA looks like so much fun and your lunch at the sci-fi sounds delicious.

Cant wait to hear what happens next

Old 07-12-2010, 06:39 AM   #89
SurfinTX
DIS Veteran

We missed LMA on our trip this year. Even though it was delayed it looks like you still made it to Sci-Fi just fine.

I really enjoyed TGMR as well. The kids thought it was a so-so attraction (until the Alien scene of course )

Your day at DHS is really looking good so far!
Old 07-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #90
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Awesome updates again!

LMA looks like so much fun and your lunch at the sci-fi sounds delicious.

Cant wait to hear what happens next
Thank you!! Sci-fi is really good, of course I have only had the reuban and the hamburger. But I am not a hamburger eater. If I never had another hamburger in my life....I really would not feel as though I am missing much. So saying that, me giving the burgers a thumbs up really is saying something!!!

We also got onion rings but the picture looked like a blob of brown something....I didn't think that would be a big seller on how good they are. I think they must batter them there as they fry them because of the crust....so yummy!!!

LMA is fun! But if you have seen it once...it really doesn't change program wise. I will probably skip unless I hear about changes but not becasue I do not like it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfinTX View Post
We missed LMA on our trip this year. Even though it was delayed it looks like you still made it to Sci-Fi just fine.

I really enjoyed TGMR as well. The kids thought it was a so-so attraction (until the Alien scene of course )

Your day at DHS is really looking good so far!
We really did do fine getting to Sci-Fi! I think that was the closest time we have made it to our reservation up to this point ()

My kids actually liked TGMR okay also...not huge fans but for teens they do not mind it. I think the kidnapping adds something to their enjoyment, plus this time we were on the very first seat (right next to the guide) so the cowboy kidnapping the ride was very cool this time around! I always say I can be older than my years. I really like the old black and white movies...Fred Astair, Ginger Rogers, Jimmy Stewart, Julie Andrews and on and on!!

So far, so good.......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: