Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #16
Icemann
Dis Vet

Glad your are back and injury free this time can't wait for the next installment
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #17
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Princess View Post
Hello from Table 27 !!!!
Thanks for your review---it's so much fun reading about our cruise !!!
One month ago today we were in Barcelona walking around and eating tapas !!! We actually watched the fountains from the street while waiting for the #65 Bus back to the Hotel !
Looking forward to reading your next posting !!!

Jean
*waves at the other table!* I'm glad you're enjoying reading my report. There's LOTS more to come! Wow! You're right. It's been a month! Right about now, a month ago, we'd just finished the muster drill, and were settling in! Amazing!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansf View Post
Thanks for sharing. It is not lost on me how much work these trip reports are to put together.
Aw, thank you, beansf! It *is* a lot of work, but it's a labor of love! More, soon.

Sayhello

Old 06-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #19
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig82174 View Post
As I mentioned in another thread I encountered you on....my partner and I are doing the ABD package on the last Med cruise in September and then staying aboard to do B2B with the Westbound TransAtlantic crossing back to Florida. We're super excited and even more excited now to read your report! We are, more than likely, going to end up in the same boat you were because we are probably going to link up with other DISers for meals rather than eat with the other ABD folks (since we're doing the B2B, we think we'd rather eat at the same table with the same group of DIS friends for the full 24 nights than to eat with ABD folks for the first portion and then switch to a new set of tablemates for the crossing).

We are crossing our fingers, however, that we'll at least be in the same dining rotation as the ABD folks so that we can hope over and say hi....or maybe even get lucky and be seated near them! (Anybody have any idea if there's a way to insure that we get the same rotation as the ABD group? Is it always the rotation that starts with Lumiere's?)
You guys should, hopefully, have Robyn & Tina as your guides. They are FABULOUS, and fun, and knowledgeable, and just really *made* this trip. In other words, typical Adventure Guides!

I really have no suggestion on getting on the same rotation as the others on the ABD. It may happen automatically (it did for me). It *was* nice to be able to bip over to their tables, say "Hi", see folks dressed up for Pirate night, etc. And the Guides made it over to Table 32 occassionally to harrass me.

Since you're doing a B2B, I'm going to assume you're big cruising & DCL fans. You're going to love the addition of the ABD. There is definitely a quality there that's hard to beat, and they hopefully should have the few wrinkles worked out by then!

More Trip Report as soon as I can!
Sayhello

Old 06-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #20
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever a Princess View Post
Love the trip report so far!!!
Thanks! It's really only just begun!

Sayhello

Old 06-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #21
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemann View Post
Glad your are back and injury free this time can't wait for the next installment
Well, injury free, but still not quite 100%!!! Seems like it's always something!

Next installment soon!

Sayhello

Old 06-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #22
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to the next installment!

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Girls Only Spring Break Trip POFQ w/DxDP Trip Report

Tri-Delta4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #23
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Nice trip report. Can I ask how you managed to retrieve your pictures from the corrupt camera card *** in the same position myself and gutted that i've lost pics from my nephews last birthday party Really wanted to try get them back..
Loving your pics btw was thinking of doing the cruise next year maybe. Did you go solo on the cruise?

Last edited by petals; 06-15-2010 at 12:37 PM.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #24
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Delta4Life View Post
Looking forward to the next installment!
Thanks. I'm hoping to get the next installment up soon!

Sayhello

Old 06-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #25
giftcard
Mouseketeer

Loving the report so far! Can't wait for more.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #26
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Nice trip report. Can I ask how you managed to retrieve your pictures from the corrupt camera card *** in the same position myself and gutted that i've lost pics from my nephews last birthday party Really wanted to try get them back..
Loving your pics btw was thinking of doing the cruise next year maybe. Did you go solo on the cruise?
Thanks! Glad you liked the report.

I took the bad memory card to Best Buy, and they said there was nothing they could do, but they could send it out to another place that could definitely recover them for a LOT of $$$$. Alternately, he suggested that I go to SanDisk's website, where they had a link to some recovery software they recommend, RescuePro by LC Technologies. The software was able to recognize the card as a drive, and found 98% of the stuff that was on the card (including hundreds of pictures I'd previously deleted, but, oh well, the ones I wanted were in there with the rest.) I first ran the Demo version, to make sure it could actually find the pictures, but the Demo version doesn't allow you to save what it finds. Since it found them, I went ahead & spent the $40 to buy the software, and recovered almost all of my pictures. One quirk I found is that it retrieved video as multiple snapshots, so it looked like there were a TON more pictures that I'd really taken.

If you need any help with the software, let me know. But LC Technologies' technical help were really responsive.

Sayhello

Last edited by sayhello; 06-15-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #27
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftcard View Post
Loving the report so far! Can't wait for more.
Aw, thanks. More soon!

Sayhello

Old 06-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #28
2GirlsMama
Happy Wife and Mom

Hi Sayhello! Another great trip report! I am looking forward to reading more. I am glad you put so many pictures, it makes it so much easier to imagine I am there!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #29
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Thanks! Glad you liked the report.

I took the bad memory card to Best Buy, and they said there was nothing they could do, but they could send it out to another place that could definitely recover them for a LOT of $$$$. Alternately, he suggested that I go to SanDisk's website, where they had a link to some recovery software they recommend, RescuePro by LC Technologies. The software was able to recognize the card as a drive, and found 98% of the stuff that was on the card (including hundreds of pictures I'd previously deleted, but, oh well, the ones I wanted were in there with the rest.) I first ran the Demo version, to make sure it could actually find the pictures, but the Demo version doesn't allow you to save what it finds. Since it found them, I went ahead & spent the $40 to buy the software, and recovered almost all of my pictures. One quirk I found is that it retrieved video as multiple snapshots, so it looked like there were a TON more pictures that I'd really taken.

If you need any help with the software, let me know. But LC Technologies' technical help were really responsive.

Sayhello
Thank the dear Lord that you were able to save those photos! I can't imagine. I would of been a basket case!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #30
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GirlsMama View Post
Hi Sayhello! Another great trip report! I am looking forward to reading more. I am glad you put so many pictures, it makes it so much easier to imagine I am there!
Thanks, 2GirlsMama! There will be plenty more to read. My biggest challenge is that I'm only allowed 25 pictures per post!

Sayhello

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: