Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #151
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I thought about you when I got an email about the free dining being extended! I think you made the perfect choice by switching! For nearly $1000 in savings, I would have make the same decision for sure! Just think, with the money you saved on switching to POR, you can start planning another trip to Disney!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #152
magickingdom
disney daydreamer

YAY!! I'm excited to stay at POR for our trip also, we requested Oak Manor too! I am happy you were able to make a decision, and especially save money!!

Kammie

magickingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #153
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
WOW!!! $900 is SO much saved Congrats my friend!!
Thanks! I'm still SOOOO happy about this! And I switched hours ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Yay! Congratulations! I'm glad you were able to come to a decision you were happy with. I can't believe how much money you're saving! That will be really helpful for your next Disney trip!
Thanks!!!! I can't believe what a difference it is either...we will be able to pay off the balance so much sooner than I thought now, probably next month sometime, instead of the end of September! I can't wait to see POR now! I've been looking at pictures of it all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Yay for free dining and saving so much money! I'm only saving about $160, but still, that's a pretty decent amount to me You'll have a great time at POR

Definitely, saving $160 is better than nothing! And the only reason it's such a significant amount for me is because I downgraded resorts, if I didn't do that, it wouldn't have been so crazy! I can't wait to be at POR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I thought about you when I got an email about the free dining being extended! I think you made the perfect choice by switching! For nearly $1000 in savings, I would have make the same decision for sure! Just think, with the money you saved on switching to POR, you can start planning another trip to Disney!
LOL, thanks for thinking of me I have been going on and on about free dining for weeks, haven't i? It's funny, I never saw the big deal with free dining until now, I always thought people went a little crazy over it...and now I'm one of them!

I'm already thinking about our next Disney trip...I'm REALLY hoping to convince DH to go in October for Halloween next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magickingdom View Post
YAY!! I'm excited to stay at POR for our trip also, we requested Oak Manor too! I am happy you were able to make a decision, and especially save money!!

Kammie
Thanks! I'm happy I could make a decision too, because normally, I would agonize over it for days! I'm glad I just picked up the phone and didn't, because if I didn't do it today, I probably would have just convinced myself to stay at WL!

I hope we both get Oak Manor, that definitely looks like the best location for the mansions! I don't really want to be in Alligator Bayou, but if they put me there, I will just nicely ask to be in the mansion area!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #154
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Definitely, saving $160 is better than nothing! And the only reason it's such a significant amount for me is because I downgraded resorts, if I didn't do that, it wouldn't have been so crazy! I can't wait to be at POR!
I can't wait to be at Pop I was looking at upgrading my resort, but even with the free dining, it would've been more than I could afford. I totally can't wait, though You're gonna have such a good time at POR!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #155
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Yay for Free Dining!!

We thought about adding it to our package today, too but we currently have a 35% package discount which works out to be a better savings for us. Congrats on saving so much money though! Nothing better than going to WDW except going to WDW for $900 less than you planned on!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #156
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I think you will enjoy POR!! It is a very pretty resort. Personally, we love FQ better just because it's smaller in size but they are both great ! The food court is amazing!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #157
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't wait to be at Pop I was looking at upgrading my resort, but even with the free dining, it would've been more than I could afford. I totally can't wait, though You're gonna have such a good time at POR!
I'd be excited for Pop too, we were originally going to stay there last year...then we upgraded to CBR...then WL! I don't know how it happened, but it did! I'd love to stay in Pop someday, especially in one of the new rooms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Yay for Free Dining!!

We thought about adding it to our package today, too but we currently have a 35% package discount which works out to be a better savings for us. Congrats on saving so much money though! Nothing better than going to WDW except going to WDW for $900 less than you planned on!
I'm still so happy with free dining and switching to POR! I love how Disney has all different types of discounts so you can hopefully find one that works for you! Free dining would have been pointless staying in a deluxe, it's not much of a savings there compared to the 40% room discount, but when you do it at a mod, it's totally worth it! Although your 35% off sounds pretty great too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I think you will enjoy POR!! It is a very pretty resort. Personally, we love FQ better just because it's smaller in size but they are both great ! The food court is amazing!
I'm really excited for POR, I was considering POFQ, but I wasn't sure if I would definitely like it. I know I will like POR, so I figured I'd try there first and visit FQ while I'm there, that way I will know if maybe I want to try it next time!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #158
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
I'd be excited for Pop too, we were originally going to stay there last year...then we upgraded to CBR...then WL! I don't know how it happened, but it did! I'd love to stay in Pop someday, especially in one of the new rooms!
Yeah, I put in a request for the 70s building I'm hoping I get it

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #159
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

Hey Jen, I'm definitely in! I had to do some catch up so.

First off -- Brandon sounds just like my DH. Although, Aaron would never wear Mickey Crocs. But I think he secretly loves the place and won't admit it. I'm so envious you're going during Christmastime. It's my FAVORITE time of year to go. We went December 2007 and swore we'd never go during a different time, too. Well, that didn't pan out.

So funny, we first booked POR b/c we go the same pin. I kept obsessing over VWL and finally we were able to rent DVC points to make it way more affordable for us. Have you thought about renting? We're only paying $126/night at VWL! You can't qualify for free dining, but if you really want to do WL it's worth looking into.

One of my friends bought those Disney Park DVDs for me. LOVE THEM!!! I'm ashamed to admit this, but I actually watched one part at work the day he gave them to me.

I can completely relate to your weight loss attempt. I'm the same way. I eat bad, and then I'm like...oh, I'll do better tomorrow and wind up doing the same thing. It's hard! The only thing that's really helped me in the past was tracking all the calories I ate. That way, I could visualize exactly what was going into my mouth at all times. It was a pain, but it was really helpful. Congrats on losing four pounds, that's awesome!!!

Whew...that was a novel! Sorry about that, but now I'm all caught up.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #160
eecteacher82
DIS Veteran

I'm here! A little late to the party, but better late than never! Your DH sounds exactly like mine!!! He says doesn't really like Disney, but he goes for me! While we are there he has the best time, it is too funny! Congrats on switching resorts and saving so much money!!!! We are staying at POP in December so we have more money to spend other places! Can't wait to read more!
eecteacher82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #161
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I put in a request for the 70s building I'm hoping I get it
I hope you get it too, the new rooms are really nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRocksMySocks View Post
Hey Jen, I'm definitely in! I had to do some catch up so.

First off -- Brandon sounds just like my DH. Although, Aaron would never wear Mickey Crocs. But I think he secretly loves the place and won't admit it. I'm so envious you're going during Christmastime. It's my FAVORITE time of year to go. We went December 2007 and swore we'd never go during a different time, too. Well, that didn't pan out.

So funny, we first booked POR b/c we go the same pin. I kept obsessing over VWL and finally we were able to rent DVC points to make it way more affordable for us. Have you thought about renting? We're only paying $126/night at VWL! You can't qualify for free dining, but if you really want to do WL it's worth looking into.

One of my friends bought those Disney Park DVDs for me. LOVE THEM!!! I'm ashamed to admit this, but I actually watched one part at work the day he gave them to me.

I can completely relate to your weight loss attempt. I'm the same way. I eat bad, and then I'm like...oh, I'll do better tomorrow and wind up doing the same thing. It's hard! The only thing that's really helped me in the past was tracking all the calories I ate. That way, I could visualize exactly what was going into my mouth at all times. It was a pain, but it was really helpful. Congrats on losing four pounds, that's awesome!!!

Whew...that was a novel! Sorry about that, but now I'm all caught up.
Hi, !! Yeah Brandon loves Disney World, he just doesn't like to make a big deal about it like I do! I never thought, in a million years, he would wear Mickey Crocs! And when he bought them he kept saying he would only wear them in Disney World, but he wears them everywhere now! I keep kicking myself for not getting a pair of the pink ones while I was there, I'm considering calling WDW and ordering a pair!

I've considered looking into renting points sometime, but I like having the DDP, and the whole renting points thing makes me really nervous...I don't know how you pick the right person to rent from! I'm ok with not staying at WL anymore, I'm thinking of taking the boat over to visit while we are there or something, to see the Christmas decorations and so I can cry about not being there! Just kidding, I am really excited for POR!

Aren't those Disney Parks DVD's the best? I love them, if I could watch them at work, I would too! I really, really love the Disneyland one...I'm so obsessed with Disneyland!

Thanks about the weight loss...I'll get into that more when I do my next update!

Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecteacher82 View Post
I'm here! A little late to the party, but better late than never! Your DH sounds exactly like mine!!! He says doesn't really like Disney, but he goes for me! While we are there he has the best time, it is too funny! Congrats on switching resorts and saving so much money!!!! We are staying at POP in December so we have more money to spend other places! Can't wait to read more!
Hi, ! DH's are weird, they pretend not to like Disney but they secretly love it! And then mine comes home and tells everyone how it was the best trip ever and we had the best time...but when I start talking about going again, he whines and says he wants to go somewhere else! Well this is our 4th trip in 3 years so he obviously doesn't want to go somewhere else too badly!

As much as I love the Deluxe resorts, I'm kind of getting over them now that I see how much you save by not staying there! I have no problem with staying in a moderate or a value to be able to have more spending money while I'm down there! Pop will be fun, did you request a one of the newer rooms? I would, they are really nice!

Old 07-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #162
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I'm planning on doing an actual update soon, probably tomorrow morning, I'm just trying to get some pictures together for it! Just wanted to let you know that I gained a pound this week!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!

I knew I'd gain though, I mean, it was 4th of July this week, then I went to a wedding on Monday, and it's been waaaaay to hot to exercise-it got up to 100 a couple of days here! So it's actually kind of good that I only gained a pound back! Could have been much worse!

Maybe next week I'll get to buy that new Disney shirt!

Old 07-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #163
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Quote:
Hi everyone! I'm planning on doing an actual update soon, probably tomorrow morning, I'm just trying to get some pictures together for it! Just wanted to let you know that I gained a pound this week!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!

I knew I'd gain though, I mean, it was 4th of July this week, then I went to a wedding on Monday, and it's been waaaaay to hot to exercise-it got up to 100 a couple of days here! So it's actually kind of good that I only gained a pound back! Could have been much worse!

Maybe next week I'll get to buy that new Disney shirt!

I know it can be discouraging but don't beat yourself up! You're right, only gaining a pound around any holiday is actually really good! And plus, a pound could just be water weight or something. I read somewhere that only a daily basis your weight can fluctuate like three pounds or something. So it's not bad at all! You will definitely get that Disney shirt next week!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #164
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
I know it can be discouraging but don't beat yourself up! You're right, only gaining a pound around any holiday is actually really good! And plus, a pound could just be water weight or something. I read somewhere that only a daily basis your weight can fluctuate like three pounds or something. So it's not bad at all! You will definitely get that Disney shirt next week!
It's weird, when I got on the scale today, it told me at first I lost a pound! I was soooo excited...then I tried again and it went up 2 pounds...then I tried again, and it stayed the same. I actually stomped my foot on the scale, and told it to go back to the first weight it told me! But after trying yet a 3rd time and having it still tell me I gained a pound, I guess it was the truth. Oh well. This week I'll do better! I had a horrible week last week, a lot was going on.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #165
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Just to let you know, because of your last trip report, I was on a mission to fine Thumper and Miss Bunny on my last trip to AK. I also found Marie. Thanks for the information and pictures.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: