Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
mattb87
Earning My Ears

My Disney film project

Hi all --

Recently, I decided to watch all Disney 50 animated classics in chronological order (leading up to "Tangled" in November). Mostly, it was because I had kind of lost touch with why I originally fell in love with Disney movies in the first place. I grew up with a very Disney childhood, but have since drifted away a bit. My mom and I even used to go to all of the Disneyana Conventions at Disney World each year. I went to my first one when I was 9. I just graduated from college, though, and am looking for ways to entertain myself while waiting for my job to start. I thought that watching all of the Disney classics would be a fun way to re-connect with my Disney childhood.

I started a blog to document my journey through Disney history: thedisney50.wordpress.com

I'd appreciate you all checking it out and joining me on this project. All comments and such are welcome! Or, if you have any ideas as to how I can better enrich my project, I'd love to hear those too.

Thanks!

Matt
mattb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Cool idea Matt. I own all but a few of the Disney animated classics and some select live action titles. I watch one about once a week mixing them up between the older & newer titles.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
whatcateydid
Mouseketeer

I've just started following your blog and am looking forward to reading your opinions on the rest of the films! My boyfriend bought Saludos Amigos recently and I'm a bit hesitant to watch it too. I hope you enjoy it!
whatcateydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
swhitson
Earning My Ears

Favorite

Do you have a favorite? What about non-animated classics, like Bedknobs and Broomsticks or this year's version of Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton?
swhitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
mattb87
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhitson View Post
Do you have a favorite? What about non-animated classics, like Bedknobs and Broomsticks or this year's version of Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton?
It's hard to say. I always loved Cinderella, for some reason. I'm also pretty partial to Beauty and the Beast and Tarzan. What about you?

I'm up to Saludos Amigos on the blog, if anyone wants to check it out!
mattb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:45 AM   #6
Tangled
I hope this movie is worth it. I already changed my disboard account just cuz of it. I was surprised it wasn't taken yet...

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb87 View Post
Hi all --

Recently, I decided to watch all Disney 50 animated classics in chronological order (leading up to "Tangled" in November). Mostly, it was because I had kind of lost touch with why I originally fell in love with Disney movies in the first place. I grew up with a very Disney childhood, but have since drifted away a bit. My mom and I even used to go to all of the Disneyana Conventions at Disney World each year. I went to my first one when I was 9. I just graduated from college, though, and am looking for ways to entertain myself while waiting for my job to start. I thought that watching all of the Disney classics would be a fun way to re-connect with my Disney childhood.

I started a blog to document my journey through Disney history: thedisney50.wordpress.com

I'd appreciate you all checking it out and joining me on this project. All comments and such are welcome! Or, if you have any ideas as to how I can better enrich my project, I'd love to hear those too.

Thanks!

Matt
I should do that to. I have most, if not all disney animated movies on tape in my basement or the newer ones on DVD
Old 06-30-2010, 04:58 AM   #7
RyMickey
Disney Freak
"Now get ready, here we go!"
I'm still not entirely sure about my tag

I'm doing the same thing over at my blog (shameless plug) although not in any particular order (although I'm attempting to do an "oldie" then something more "modern" and meeting somewhere in the middle at the conclusion) and with a slightly different set-up. That being said, I look forward to checking out your thoughts.

I've already been pleasantly surprised by finding a film that didn't really hold a place in heart before I started, but I now consider a fantastic film -- Bambi.
Classic and Recently Released Movie Reviews
PLUS The Disney Discussion -- A look at all of Disney's animated features
Previous Trip Tally: 28 (I think) Trips since 1983 with stays at Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village, Port Orleans FQ, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
RyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: