Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2010, 03:50 AM   #121
chanti
Mouseketeer

Very cool!! I love reading about your previous Disney trips, and the old pictures are fantastic!!

It's nice to get some background about your family. My daughter (who's 3 now) needs her sleep too. If she doesn't she tends to fall over a lot and cry a lot faster than she normally would. So I can relate!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #122
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanti View Post
Very cool!! I love reading about your previous Disney trips, and the old pictures are fantastic!!

It's nice to get some background about your family. My daughter (who's 3 now) needs her sleep too. If she doesn't she tends to fall over a lot and cry a lot faster than she normally would. So I can relate!
Yes, we all pay if Claire doesn't get her sleep! Disneyland would probably be a great place for us to visit, because they are 3 hours behind us. So getting up at 8 would be like 11 for Claire and then going to bed before 9 PM would be right in schedule with her. She was just born in the wrong time zone. LOL!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #123
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

So do you ever say something really stupid to your kids and think "What an Idiot I am!!!!"
Well I did it not once, but twice last night!

A little background first... Claire and her cousin (who is 6) went to my Aunt and Uncles for an overnight party on Sat. They have no kids, so they are in complete spoil mode. We dropped the girls off around 1:30. My sister left after a bit of chit chatting and I stuck around a little longer while my Uncle showed me around his flower gardens. I soon realized that about 5 minutes after my sister left, My Aunt had loaded the girls up in the car and told my Uncle they were off to Toys R Us! I said, "Hey didn't "G" (my sister) say not to overload them" and she replied, "Yeah, we couldn't wait for her to leave". LOL!
So throughout the day my Uncle would text us telling us about what they were doing, like 5 popsicles apiece and putt putting, running through sprinklers, etc. Around 10 PM Claire called and said goodnight, and I asked her what she ate, and she said she wasn't allowed to say. But I did get pizza out of her.
So I called Sunday morning and found out the girls were up till midnight and then up at 6:45 AM!!! Claire NEVER gets up that early. So I knew when she came home, the day was going to be long.
She got home a little after 12 and was cranky, but not the worst she's ever been. But would cry about dumb things, like wanting to buy a magazine with a picture of a kitty on it at the store. I kept trying to get her to lay down with me, and take a nap, but she just wouldn't fall asleep.
Finally at around 6:45 PM (after being up for about 12 straight hours) she fell asleep in her sleeping bag in front of the TV. YAY! Now I just had to be quiet and most likely she would sleep through the night. WRONG. At 9:45 she woke up and was NOT pleasant at all.
Lots of crying! I asked, did she want jammies on,..NO! but then a minute later cried because I hadn't brought her jammies. You get the drill. She then decided she wanted to see Daddy, who was outside, so we dressed in warmer clothes (because she said she was cold) and went out to see him. 2 seconds later she wanted to go back to the house and get jammies on.
So we did that and she started saying something about missing Minnie Mouse while I was dressing her. So we dug out a AAA brochure and looked at the pictures (I beleive Minnie is on the cover). We laughed and talked about how much we miss Disney, etc. Any picture she recognized, she would tell a memory of the place (some I think were made up memories. LOL)
Then we pulled out my passporter book and looked through the picture section in it. Again she talked memories and we would laugh and just really enjoying ourselves, and I was happy she stopped crying. So we come across a picture taken inside of Minnies house, and she says she remembers sitting in that spot and getting a picture taken..She can't wait to go back and see it again. And here's where I get stupid....I say "It probably won't be there next time, they're gonna knock it down for a new Princess area" What was I THINKING!!!!!
She began to cry. She loves Minnies house, and where will Minnie live...and Mickey too! And they better still have Goofy's ride. So I quickly told her that they weren't really knocking it down, they would never do that to Miinie, but they are moving it somewhere else..(and lets please pray it's still around when we go next...anyone know when they are closing toontown? Or is it closed already now? I had heard the close was being delayed, but I haven't kept up on it)
So finally I got her settled down enough with some fancy talking and letting her know that the house will still be somewhere and she will still be able to see Mickey and Minnie.
On to more pictures....more memories...and at the end of the picture segment it has pictures from other parks, one being Disneyland. She saw the picture of the DL castle with some guys who appear to be playing music in front of it. She asked what they were doing and then I told her to notice that the castle was pink and that one was in Disneyland in CA. She decided we should go there too. And we giggled a bit and then I told her...STUPIDLY...that it was Sleeping Beaty's Castle and Cinderellas castle was the one we see in FL.... "What? We've seen Aurora in FL before...a couple of times" ...."Yes Claire, she's there and she's so pretty and nice, etc"....
"How does she go home at night if her castle is all the way in CA?".... ...Um, how do you answer this? She is now thinking Aurora doesn't have a home, and she doesn't get that the characters are NOT real. So there is no way there could be more than one Aurora. And I wasn't about to ruin that magic for her. So I told her that Aurora flys back and forth alot so she can see all her friends. She was good with that and then went to bed with the two books next to her.

But then she also cried abit because she really wants to go see Minnie, and I told her to say something to dad. She told me, "you have to say something to him...please mom!" Awwww! What a sweetie. I wish he was in the house to see her. He might've melted.

Last edited by jenseib; 07-26-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #124
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Awww that is so sad and sweet at the same time.

Thats ok, my son thinks the castle in both parks belong to Mickey. I wish they would just move Mickey and Minnie's houses somewhere. We haven't explored that yet, and I have two boys so don't think we'll be exploring princess houses, lol.

Glad Claire went to bed happy after you covered for your slip ups. She is so sweet
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #125
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I'm crossing my fingers that the injections work and your DH feel so much better he decides he absolutely has to celebrate at WDW
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #126
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Well the rumor board is saying that Toontown won't close till possilby next year, early...if at all. I guess the rumor is that part of the Fantasyland expansion...as in Pixie Hollow...is going to be axed. No one knows anythingfor sure right now, but at least it looks like Toontown is safe for at least 6-8 months at this point.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #127
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Poor Claire, She was just so tired and worn out. Whenever my kids used to have scary dreams or couldn't go to sleep, we'd talk about our favorite things to do at Disney.

I need to go over to the rumor boards so I can keep up with what's going on (or rumored to be going on).

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #128
PixieDustPrincess05
"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Awe poor Claire!!!!!! I do the same things all the time!!!!!!! In fact, Austin had said something similar to me the other day about Disney, but I cannot remember for the life of me what it was!!!!!! I too like to bring up Disney to comfort him sormetimes- heck I bring it up to comfort myself too !!!!

Our May 2012 Pre-Trip Report- What Will We Celebrate?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867909

PixieDustPrincess05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #129
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It sure was nice to have her gone for a night, but I am still paying for it. She's still been cranky. She wanted Skip to wake her up at 6 AM so she could work with him, of course he didn't. She woke up about 1/2 hour ago (which is really early for her) screaming and crying because he didn't. I told her he tried but she wouldn't get up, but she was having none of that, and told me it was my fault. OK, whatever. LOL! So she got dressed and just went out with him and she's happy as can be for the moment. But we need to get her back on schedule and get the "brat" out of her.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #130
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Update on Skip

I swear with every Dr's appointment I see this trip fading away, or any in the next year....
So he went to the Nuerologist today. He does NOT have degenerative Disc disease. he has slightly buldging of the disc, but nothing that will cause him pain. This Dr. is convinced it's in his hip. He said could be kidneys as well or something else, but not anything related to the back. He told him to call his Family Dr and have him get Skip into a General Surgeon.
I am so tired of having no clue what is wrong with him...and so is he.. We feel like we are getting the run around, especially from the hip Dr. I think this guy just doesn't want to deal with it, so he's pushing him off.
I am glad that this in not degenerative Disc disease, but at the same time, at least we would know the course to take and get it treated. now we are in limbo again. And not just the trip (I'm not that selfish...LOL), but in life in general. Since we have no clue what is causeing the pain, we don't know what he can and can't do that might make it worse.
And of course everytime you go to a new Dr you have to wait to get in, and then wait on the test, and then just wait because they like you to wait! LOL!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #131
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh Jen, I hate to hear that this doctor couldn't really tell you anything. Well, I guess he did tell you something since he said is wasn't degenerative disc disease. I swear a person could die before a doctor could find out what was wrong with them.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #132
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Sorry that the dr didn't give you guys any answers.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #133
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh Jen, I hate to hear that this doctor couldn't really tell you anything. Well, I guess he did tell you something since he said is wasn't degenerative disc disease. I swear a person could die before a doctor could find out what was wrong with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
Sorry that the dr didn't give you guys any answers.
The good thing is that at least we didn't wait till Aug 31st to get this answer with the other Dr.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #134
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

That is so awful about the doctor. Man, it is such a pain, I wish we had a better system. But I know all to well about waiting. Even though we know our son has ASD, each time he sees a new doctor we have to get on a waiting list to even get an appointment, then the appointment is usually a month or two later. hope you get into a doctor with answers soon.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:35 AM   #135
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

"Dr. Jennifer" has been busy searching on the internet last night and has come up with a diagnosis. It sounds like he has Hip Bursitis. Of course I could totally be wrong. But basically everything about it sounds like him. There are 4 kinds and one has pain from the side of the hip into the groin, which is exactly what he has. Also...one of the causes of hip bursitis...a HIP REPLACEMENT!!!!
But this just seems to obvious....to easy for someone like me to come up with. Would they have ruled that out right away? But Skip says there has never been mention of bursitis that he recalls.
One of the treatments is lots of rest and to stay off if it. Of course that it the totla opposite of what he is doing, which makes it worse. So now he's going to throw that out to the Dr. too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: