Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #91
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you couldn't get into the back doctor untill 8/31 but I'm glad to hear you can at least see someone on Monday. Good Luck!

Sorry to hear about your family problems but you really have to do what is best for your family and let the others work it out for themselves I know its hard but you can't let them bring you down just because they are related. I hope it works out the way you want it to.

I liked all the pics Claire is getting so big!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #92
superme80
DIS Veteran

**! What drama! I hate rude doctor's and nurses! And shame on his mom for using your husband to bail herself out of her own problems!
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #93
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by starann View Post
My picks are 1, 3, and 6.....

Sorry to hear about DH. My DH is horrendous when his back is bothering him and HATES to dea lwith Dr offices and referrals and such (because his dr office usually messes it up or give him a hard time). I usually handle those things for him, but then he gets mad at ME when he has questions or can't get in when he wants to! Darned if I do....Darned if I don't!!!

I hope Skip gets to feeling better soon!
Yep, I know how that goes! I'm never right, even if I do exactly what he said to do. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
First off, I'll talk about the pictures. I like 2 and 5 best.

Now, on to the family crap. I sure hope that Skip gets to see a doctor who will give him some relief. It's hard as heck on the nerves and on a body when you are waiting around to see a doctor.

It sounds like Skip and his brother (the hard working one) are headed in the right direction with the business. I am sure that they are sick and tired of supporting (by providing a job) other family members who aren't as hard workers as they are. At some point in time, something's gotta give. Sounds like that something is going to be getting that checkbook away from Mama and booting the younger brother right off the farm.

I am sure that Skip and his brother have reservations about trying something new. Anything new (or semi-new) is scary but they won't know until they give it a try. Sure, his mother and other brother are going to be p.o.'d but they can either get over it or not get over it. That's their choice.

John and I learned a long time ago that you can't keep all family members happy. All that really matters is keeping that core family together and to support them. If that core needs to be just your family and Skip's older brother's family, then so be it.

I sure hope that everything works out for you guys. It sounds like ya'll have some tough decisions to make and maybe a rough road ahead but I'm sure it will all work out.

Many hugs!
Skipe ask me today if he should apoligize to his mom for getting mad her yesterday after she yelled at him about quiting the cows. He is just too nice to his mom. Now yes he should be nice, but she knows how to really put guilt trips on her kids. You would not even beleive how many times Skip and a few of his other borthers have bailed her out of money situations.
Because she took so much money last year, she had to pay horrendous taxes this year. Of course who does she ask for the money..Skip and his brother. Skip had his 2 borthers that eat there every day and his sister (MIL watches her Autistci 13 year EVER SINGLE day for free) to give her the money. And I don't think she knew that I knew, and told me that the youngest one (the terrible worker) loaned her the money and she was going to pay him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
**! What drama! I hate rude doctor's and nurses! And shame on his mom for using your husband to bail herself out of her own problems!
It's like a saop opera here sometimes.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #94
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I can't believe you couldn't get into the back doctor untill 8/31 but I'm glad to hear you can at least see someone on Monday. Good Luck!

Sorry to hear about your family problems but you really have to do what is best for your family and let the others work it out for themselves I know its hard but you can't let them bring you down just because they are related. I hope it works out the way you want it to.

I liked all the pics Claire is getting so big!
Skip had me pick up a copy of his MRI today and he now wants me to diagnose what all the medical terms mean, via internet. LOL!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #95
fairydust1278
"The path to your destiny lies within the magic of your heart."

subscibing. loved reading your last trip report! claire has gotten big. have to say i love pics 2,4,5! sending you some pixie dust that things get better at home and with skip!

Last edited by fairydust1278; 07-15-2010 at 09:49 PM.
fairydust1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #96
PixieDustPrincess05
"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

I hate to be a pain- but I personally like all of the pics!!!!!! I think I would have to pick #1 best though. Such a lil' cutie!!

Our May 2012 Pre-Trip Report- What Will We Celebrate?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867909

PixieDustPrincess05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #97
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

in the pictures, I like #5 best

Sorry about all you are having to go through right now in home life. That stinks.

Hope everything turns out well on Monday with the doctor.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:48 AM   #98
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust1278 View Post
subscibing. loved reading your last trip report! claire has gotten big. have to say i love pics 2,4,5! sending you some pixie dust that things get better at home and with skip!
Thanks! I hope we get some answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustPrincess05 View Post
I hate to be a pain- but I personally like all of the pics!!!!!! I think I would have to pick #1 best though. Such a lil' cutie!!
LOL! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
in the pictures, I like #5 best

Sorry about all you are having to go through right now in home life. That stinks.

Hope everything turns out well on Monday with the doctor.
We hope to get some answers. I am hoping my interent searching is wrong. From what his MRI says, and what I looked up, surgery looks like the option that may be needed. It says he has narrowing of the canel and lots of other fancy medical terms...LOL! and when I look it up, so much says that it will eventually needed to be operated on. I guess we just have to wait and see. It's a pain getting old.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #99
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
It's a pain getting old.

Most of my patients say "Golden year? That's funny, there is nothing Golden about them.....more like Rusty years!!!"
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #100
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry about Skip's medial problems as well as the family drama. I hope it all resolves itself so you get have your Disney trip.

All of the photos you post of Claire are amazing. I think #2 is my favorite.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #101
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Your photos of Claire are just wonderful! She IS an awesome and cute princess!

Sorry to hear about Skip's medical problems - but the Aug 31 appointment is unbelievable!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #102
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by starann View Post
Most of my patients say "Golden year? That's funny, there is nothing Golden about them.....more like Rusty years!!!"

LOL! Thats the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
I'm sorry about Skip's medial problems as well as the family drama. I hope it all resolves itself so you get have your Disney trip.

All of the photos you post of Claire are amazing. I think #2 is my favorite.
thanks. I need to get my rear in gear and actually order some now. Before they are outdated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Your photos of Claire are just wonderful! She IS an awesome and cute princess!

Sorry to hear about Skip's medical problems - but the Aug 31 appointment is unbelievable!
Thanks. He does have a different Dr to see Monday, so hopefully we get a clue as to what is going on. And so far this office seems to much friendlier (on the phone) than the Aug. 31st one.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #103
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Signing on! I liked your last TR as well! Claire is such a cutie~

I hope things go well with the Dr. on Monday!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #104
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

Great PTR! Wow - I hope Skip gets an appointment before 31st August

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Pooh's-Honey-Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:08 AM   #105
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Signing on! I liked your last TR as well! Claire is such a cutie~

I hope things go well with the Dr. on Monday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
Great PTR! Wow - I hope Skip gets an appointment before 31st August

Thanks for joining in. I wish I had more definate plans, but will try to make it fun here. I have alot of Disney ideas for our next trip too. I can wait to do them!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: