Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #77
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Such cute pictures of Claire.

And by the way I love your 1995 outfit. Only those of us who lived through the mom jeans/shorts can truly appreciate todays waist level. (Let's just put the whole low rise butt crack of the early 2000's far far behind us.)
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #78
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Was that park Cedar Point? We have been there many times? Or Kings Island? We've gone a few times there as well.
I just wish we could get to the bottom of it and know if it is fixable or not. He got nasty with the Dr a bit today. Still no referral to the back Dr after a over a week. We can't get anything fixed if we can't even get into the Dr. to see whats wrong. I have to hear about it all the time now. Now I love him dearly, but he is a big baby, and it is very tiresome to hear about his pain ALL the time. And of course his pain, is much worse than anything I can imagine. (I guess have 3 kids was very painless for me...I don't seem to remember that though )

I'm impatient, but he's ten times worse than me, so it makes for some stressful times here lately.
The worst was Kings Island, yes. I grew up in southeastern Ohio and our "vacations" usually consisted of just a day trip to the various parks if we didn't do the beach. Never Disney. I've done 'em all there though! We did the old Geauga Lake Park and Sea World the most! I'm pretty sure both of those have since turned into something else?

Aren't men the biggest babies when they're hurt/sick? Try to relax. They'll figure it out eventually.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:33 AM   #79
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post
Such cute pictures of Claire.

And by the way I love your 1995 outfit. Only those of us who lived through the mom jeans/shorts can truly appreciate todays waist level. (Let's just put the whole low rise butt crack of the early 2000's far far behind us.)
AMEN!! I have a body that fits the Mom jean style much better. With low rise..which I can't wear by the way, I have more cleavage than my top could ever have! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
The worst was Kings Island, yes. I grew up in southeastern Ohio and our "vacations" usually consisted of just a day trip to the various parks if we didn't do the beach. Never Disney. I've done 'em all there though! We did the old Geauga Lake Park and Sea World the most! I'm pretty sure both of those have since turned into something else?

Aren't men the biggest babies when they're hurt/sick? Try to relax. They'll figure it out eventually.
We did the Sea World Geauga Lake thing too a couple of times. It then was bought out by 6 flags and turned into on big park, which I never had a chance to visit. One side of the lake was amusement, and the other was an animal area. Then six flags sold it to the Cedar point company and they closed down the Sea World side (which sits abandoned now from what I hear) and call it Geauga Lake again, with just that side open now. I've not been there at all since Sea World has closed though. I loved Sea World. I think our last trip there was in 1998.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #80
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'll do an Official Skip Update

Skip called the back Dr yesterday trying to get an appointment. We were tld last week we couldn't get anything scheduled till his hip Dr sent a referral over. So over a week has gone by and they still have not sent the referral. The hip Dr's office is closed on Fridays. Skip was so mad that he called the emergency number, which went to the Dr.s's cell phone. The Dr was NOT happy and told Skip he was on vacation and this wasn not an important thing to call about. Skip got a little nasty with him and basically said this is Bull...... and hung up.
Skip seems to be gettting worse again too. A f ew days this week, I thought he looked to be doing much better, but yesterday he could barely walk again.
Skip had also planned to start Tractor pulling this summer again, and last night was the pull he had planned to do first to give his tractor a test out. But with his hip the way it is, he was worried he would hurt something worse and didn't go....so I had to put up with a little extra moodiness as well about that. I told him to go tonight and just watch, but he snapped back that he couldn't walk around to do anything. So we are still in limbo for another weekend.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #81
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Hope he is feeling better soon
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #82
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear DH is getting the run-around from the doctor. I would start looking for another doctor
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:24 AM   #83
superme80
DIS Veteran

Subscribing!!!! Your poor DH. If the doctor had done the referral like he was supposed to do your husband would not be calling him on his vacation! Jerk! I hope you can make it this December. My family was supposed to go to Disneyland later this year, but well....we got a little "surprise" so the trip is being rescheduled for hopefully next fall! Can't wait to read more!
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 1 year old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #84
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
Subscribing!!!! Your poor DH. If the doctor had done the referral like he was supposed to do your husband would not be calling him on his vacation! Jerk! I hope you can make it this December. My family was supposed to go to Disneyland later this year, but well....we got a little "surprise" so the trip is being rescheduled for hopefully next fall! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for joining. I swear my family has so much drama going on right now, it's hard to to think we may eer go to Disney again, but I will push on. LOL! Every day I like this Dr alot less. and his nurse too. LOL!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #85
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Another life update

I have actually been a bit depressed to even post her the last week. Things are just not moving smoothly here.
I will continue on though, as nothing is set in stone yet, which I hate. LOL!

Skip's Dr never gave the referral that we know of. But his chiropractor did. So Wed. the back Dr called and made him an appointment, but not till......Aug 31st! Skip told them "I can't walk and you can't get me in till then!" He told them to call if there was a cancellation, but it didn't sound promising. He called the hip Dr and asked if there was another Dr he could see that could get him in sooner. The nurse refused to send him anywhere else.
So Skip called his general Dr and asked if he could find someone. He basically just wants to get in to see if it really is somehting with the back or not, and see what steps need to be taken. So we got a call from another Dr's office and he has an appointment Monday. We wil lstill keep the other Dr's appointment, since he is supposedly the best, but at least we can get a start and see what is going on. And if it isn't back related, we can then go on to whoever we need to see next.

Also Skip and his borhter have been talking over the past few years about selling the cows and just farming, or going into steers or sheep instead...something with less work. They are getting pretty serious about it now. With Skip being in pain, and his borther has serious back problems too, it's getting to be really hard to keep up with the milking. We have a few hired hands, and they need to be babysat at all times.
We spend alot in payroll and taxes, and without the extra workers we would actually still make about the same. Well Skipd mother is having a HUGE fit. One of the hired hands is Skip's youngest brother. And to be honest is the worst worker. He hates every job he's ever had, and won't do one extra thing,etc. But MIL is saying that can't get rid of him because he will never find a job etc...and she does all the paperwork, payroll, etc and she wil lbe out of a job too. We really beleive that she is in terrible finacail trouble. She had a boyfriend a few years ago and she stupidly spent a TON of moeny on this guy. We think at least $50 thousand, and now she has a loan out to pay for it, and we think she may be having trouble paying the loan. She writes the checks for the farm, and last year she wrote basically double the amount she was supposed to get for herself. Skip gets mad, but doesn't take the checkbook away from her, so it's his fault too. But I think she knows she'll no longer have access to the farm account if they get rid of the cows.
So LOTS of drama around here. Skip says he's tired of taking care of everyone else around here, and no one cares that he and his brother are hurting and basically shortening there lives to keep others happy.
You just would not beleiv e the stuff that is going on here. You would never know we are dealing with adults here. Very childish paly going on.
But we'll get through it.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #86
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

You take the most beautiful pictures! Some of those shots of Clarie are awesome!

Sorry you are dealing with dumb doctors. What a pain! Hope you get some answers soon.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #87
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
You take the most beautiful pictures! Some of those shots of Clarie are awesome!

Sorry you are dealing with dumb doctors. What a pain! Hope you get some answers soon.
Thanks!~ I'm actually going to post a few pictures I have recently taken of Claire here shortly.
The Dr situation is so frustrating. hopefully Monday we'll have the start to some answers.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #88
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Some off topic pictures~

About 2 weeks ago, Claire and I decided to do a picnic in a local Metro Park. I had her agree to let me take some pictures of her first. We haven't printed any for family in about a year, so I thought we should get some done.
I'll tell you we took ALOT and about 90% have her making a silly face, or looking away, not smiling , or out of focus on my part. LOL!
Here is my utmost favorite one we took.

Here are some of the others, if you like one, let me know. I'm stil ltrying to decide which other ones to print.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #89
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

My picks are 1, 3, and 6.....

Sorry to hear about DH. My DH is horrendous when his back is bothering him and HATES to dea lwith Dr offices and referrals and such (because his dr office usually messes it up or give him a hard time). I usually handle those things for him, but then he gets mad at ME when he has questions or can't get in when he wants to! Darned if I do....Darned if I don't!!!

I hope Skip gets to feeling better soon!
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #90
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

First off, I'll talk about the pictures. I like 2 and 5 best.

Now, on to the family crap. I sure hope that Skip gets to see a doctor who will give him some relief. It's hard as heck on the nerves and on a body when you are waiting around to see a doctor.

It sounds like Skip and his brother (the hard working one) are headed in the right direction with the business. I am sure that they are sick and tired of supporting (by providing a job) other family members who aren't as hard workers as they are. At some point in time, something's gotta give. Sounds like that something is going to be getting that checkbook away from Mama and booting the younger brother right off the farm.

I am sure that Skip and his brother have reservations about trying something new. Anything new (or semi-new) is scary but they won't know until they give it a try. Sure, his mother and other brother are going to be p.o.'d but they can either get over it or not get over it. That's their choice.

John and I learned a long time ago that you can't keep all family members happy. All that really matters is keeping that core family together and to support them. If that core needs to be just your family and Skip's older brother's family, then so be it.

I sure hope that everything works out for you guys. It sounds like ya'll have some tough decisions to make and maybe a rough road ahead but I'm sure it will all work out.

Many hugs!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 07-15-2010 at 04:36 PM.
mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: