Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #856
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I now have a stomach full of nerves.

After bath last night I dressed Claire in her new dress and sent her off to talk to daddy. He told me she asked him if his decision has been made (good girl), and I asked him "what did you tell her". Well he said it all depends on what the Dr tells him on Tuesday. I told him Tuesday is "D" day, meaning the "sale" will be over. He didn't say anything after that. But basically I will know nothing till Tuesday afternoon, and then it all depends what this stupid Dr tells him. This Dr who has ignored him a better part of 5 months now, is NOW controling our vacation. I just know, he'll do something to screw it all up. He'll FINALLY decide to operate or something like that.

I just have a really bad feeling. And even if we can go, I have a feeling Skip will do his "thinking" process more and say lets wait to book. Which means we lose Pop for sure. I keep looking and not much is left open with free dining. All Stars Sports is the only Value left for our dates, and I have no desire to ever stay there. So at this point it will be CBR or CSR, who still have rooms left. Of course the longer we wait, the less likely.
The other option then is to go after he is healed (if he has surgery). So a trip is going to happen (most likely) in the next few months, but it's the when that is killing me and missing out on the Christmas celebrations.

Skip also told me that Claire told him that we are going to a Mickey party and there is good food there. LOL! I told him I told her they have hot chocolate and cookies. I guess thats all she needs.
I know he is now kind of getting excited about it. But that dang hip is just really bothering him. Oh, and his appointment on Tuesday...it's the 1 year anniversary of his hip replacement. A year ago at this time, we thought al lthe pain would be gone soon, and it has gotten worse instead.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #857
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Gosh darn it! I wish ya'll didn't have to wait and see what this doctor says Tuesday.

But, at least you know that Skip is more than likely going to say yes to a trip sometime soon. If you had to go with the CBR or the CSR, I think I'd go with CSR. From everything that I've read, the CSR resort is geared more towards adults and conventioners and the castmembers are downright rude. I know that the food court is what made us change our minds on whether or not to stay there. I don't want to stand in a line to wait for table in a food court and I don't want to have to wait on them to refill my drink.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #858
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Jen, the Cindy costume is gorgeous! I've always loved that one. And my..... doesn't she look grown up!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #859
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Gosh darn it! I wish ya'll didn't have to wait and see what this doctor says Tuesday.

But, at least you know that Skip is more than likely going to say yes to a trip sometime soon. If you had to go with the CBR or the CSR, I think I'd go with CSR. From everything that I've read, the CSR resort is geared more towards adults and conventioners and the castmembers are downright rude. I know that the food court is what made us change our minds on whether or not to stay there. I don't want to stand in a line to wait for table in a food court and I don't want to have to wait on them to refill my drink.
I swear, I should change the title to "these are the Days of our lives". It is such a soap opera right now. Too much drama for me. It really kicked in the nerves today. I get anxiety attacks every so often. I actually have them at Disney, but it's because of the excitement and I cna handle it there. But at home, I hate them. And I haven't had any in a long time, but I think after he said last night that we will wait for the Dr, I realized how we are cutting it right to the wire and it is making me a nervous wreck. LOL! I will live if we don't stay at Pop, but it's what we are used to, and I know we like it.
I am leaning towards CBR. (if we do go and have to change) I have done the reserach on it over that last year, so it is somewhat familiar. Though I like the fact that Coronado has queen beds. But I am nervous about the food court too. It seems like a hassle. Don't you have to tip there too? Unless you get it to go, which 99% of the time, we do at Pop. I always take it to the room or we eat out by the pool.

Tim has stayed at CSR before, so maybe he can chime in on how it all works there. I will be happy with either, I'm sure. Just wish we could go to our comfort zone. LOL!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #860
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Jen, the Cindy costume is gorgeous! I've always loved that one. And my..... doesn't she look grown up!
I love it too. She is growing like a weed. She now has her first lose tooth. She is excited. My other 2 were older before they lost teeth. But my guess is that if we go in Dec, she is going to have a gaping hole in her mouth for all the pictures.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #861
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Aww sweetie. I wish I could wave a wand and make Skip feel better. It's must be very frustrating to see him in pain and have no ability to help. You've done so much to try and help, the doctors are just being difficult. Disney or no Disney, I truly hope his pain is relieved soon.

I love the fact that you took Tim's advice and paraded Claire in all her glory for Skip! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get an answer by the deadline.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #862
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Aww sweetie. I wish I could wave a wand and make Skip feel better. It's must be very frustrating to see him in pain and have no ability to help. You've done so much to try and help, the doctors are just being difficult. Disney or no Disney, I truly hope his pain is relieved soon.

I love the fact that you took Tim's advice and paraded Claire in all her glory for Skip! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get an answer by the deadline.
Tim's advice was good. Skip was shaving in the other bathroom when I dressed her, and she went waltzing in and it was so cute. I couldn't hear much because the door was closed, but I did hear her say she was wearing this dress to eat in the castle.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #863
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Hi Jen,

I just pm'ed you! And I agree, sending your sweet little girl all decked out in her Cinderella costume was pure genius! Keeping my fingers crossed that it worked! I'm sure she melted his Disney heart.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #864
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Hi Jen,

I just pm'ed you! And I agree, sending your sweet little girl all decked out in her Cinderella costume was pure genius! Keeping my fingers crossed that it worked! I'm sure she melted his Disney heart.
Got it! Thanks I hope it worked too.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #865
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Got it! Thanks I hope it worked too.
I can understand your stomach nerves too. When I was originally campaigning for us to take our 2nd Disney trip, I had my girls asking DH all the time! For some reason it's harder to say no to them than to me!

But now we've got 4 Disney trips under our belts and DH is officially converted. Only took about 3 trips and now he understands that Disney is our #1 vacation spot, period!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #866
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I swear, I should change the title to "these are the Days of our lives". It is such a soap opera right now. Too much drama for me. It really kicked in the nerves today. I get anxiety attacks every so often. I actually have them at Disney, but it's because of the excitement and I cna handle it there. But at home, I hate them. And I haven't had any in a long time, but I think after he said last night that we will wait for the Dr, I realized how we are cutting it right to the wire and it is making me a nervous wreck. LOL! I will live if we don't stay at Pop, but it's what we are used to, and I know we like it.
I am leaning towards CBR. (if we do go and have to change) I have done the reserach on it over that last year, so it is somewhat familiar. Though I like the fact that Coronado has queen beds. But I am nervous about the food court too. It seems like a hassle. Don't you have to tip there too? Unless you get it to go, which 99% of the time, we do at Pop. I always take it to the room or we eat out by the pool.

Tim has stayed at CSR before, so maybe he can chime in on how it all works there. I will be happy with either, I'm sure. Just wish we could go to our comfort zone. LOL!
I like CSR much more than CBR. When we went I don't remember having to tip anyone. There are two different QS dining areas at CBR. Of course I was also sick with Bronchitis so I didn't eat much but my friends got food the same place I did. But we definitely like the rooms and the pool a lot better at CSR.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #867
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I like CSR much more than CBR. When we went I don't remember having to tip anyone. There are two different QS dining areas at CBR. Of course I was also sick with Bronchitis so I didn't eat much but my friends got food the same place I did. But we definitely like the rooms and the pool a lot better at CSR.
I'm not exactly sur how it workd, but I think you usde to have tip tip if you weren't on the dining plan, but now I think you do, if you eat right there.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #868
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not exactly sur how it workd, but I think you usde to have tip tip if you weren't on the dining plan, but now I think you do, if you eat right there.
We didn't have the dining plan. I think there are two places to eat. One you have to tip and the other you don't. We ate at the other one. But it was 2 years ago, so I don't remember exactly how it worked.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #869
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
We didn't have the dining plan. I think there are two places to eat. One you have to tip and the other you don't. We ate at the other one. But it was 2 years ago, so I don't remember exactly how it worked.
I didn;t realize there were 2 places. But I think the Pepper Market is the one you have to tip at. I guess I should probably go look for the CSR thread and brush up on it a bit, just in case.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #870
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

The waiting must be killing you I hope you get to go!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Dec 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: