Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #31
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We just got back from the Dr's. Nothing much to report as of yet. But I am a little irritated with him. First of all, he sounds like he smoked too much dope back in the day. He had that beach bum/surfer kind of tone. He kept saying the x-ray looks textbook perfect and he has no idea why Skip is in pain. He could cut a dragging tendon, but Skips leg is so weak (again he doesn't know why) that he doesn't think that would be wise. Skip ask if could be a pinched nerve and he said could be, he's not a nuerologist, so he doesn't know. Skip asked if maybe he never needed a replacement in the first place, maybe it was something else, and the Dr says could be, since the hip replacement hasn't releived the pain. He is sending him for a MRI, which should be scheduled for tomorrow sometime. But then, has him coming back in 3 weeks. I told Skip if you haven't heard anything on Friday, keep calling and get in sooner, and he said that was his plan too.
Basically if nothing comes back on the MRI, then the only option is to go in and replace the replacement.
I was very unimpressed with the visit.

Last edited by jenseib; 08-01-2010 at 10:06 AM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #32
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Uggggh! I hate it when you go to the doctor looking for answers and all they say is "could be". Gosh darn 'em! I sure hope that ya'll find an answer to Skip's pain very soon.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #33
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Hi! Subbing!! We are going in December as well!! We just got CRT for breakfast. Congrats on your ADR! I know it is hard to get Your children are beautiful---looking forward to following along!
BippityBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #34
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the MRI! I wouldn't be impressed with the doctors answers either. I hope you get some real answers after the MRI and that Skip won't need another surgery.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #35
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Back to Introductions...

As I said, I have 3 children.

Michael is my oldest. He is 21.

I don't have alot of recent pictures of Michael, because he doesn't allow me to take any.

I had Michael a few weeks before I turned 20, so I have been a mother for more than half my life!
Michael likes Disney, but can't afford to go (Michael is not very ambitious in the working world), and he and Skip do not get along very well. So much so that Michael moved to my parents house a few years ago. So there is no way that Skip would "pay" Michael's way to come with us. Plus the little nasty remarks to each other would drive me batty. Some day, if I ever win the lottery, I will take Michael if he wants to go, but I think even then we would tire of each other fast. He has his own way of doing things, and I am usually always wrong. LOL!
That being said, I think Michael and I could have a great time at the World because he would probably like to stay late, and on some days go for rope drop.
Michael has been to WDW twice as a child, once in 1997 and once in 1999. We also did Universal on those 2 trips. I'll post a few pics from way back then later on.

So this is Michael, so when I mention him, you kind of have an idea who I'm talking about.

Last edited by jenseib; 03-10-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #36
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Morning Jen, Good start to the introductions!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #37
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm going so slow. I am trying to get my flower beds weeded and then that dang grass keeps needing mowing. But since things are so up in the air with Skips hip, it's hard to try and plan when I know there is no way we can go till we find out what plan of action needs to be taken with him. But I'll keep at it.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #38
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm going so slow. I am trying to get my flower beds weeded and then that dang grass keeps needing mowing. But since things are so up in the air with Skips hip, it's hard to try and plan when I know there is no way we can go till we find out what plan of action needs to be taken with him. But I'll keep at it.
I hope it all works out for Skip! Is there any possability of a mother daughter trip if he can't go?
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #39
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I would love that. But I don't think Skip would agree. Or if he did, there would probably be alot of complaining from him, the kind that is not full complaining, but little subtle hints that he's regretting the decision. LOL!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #40
GoofyWife
Mouseketeer

just found your pre-trip report - hope you get to go this year or maybe next March if your DH feels better - looking forward to hearing more - your trip report from last year was the first one I read on the boards and I loved it! My DH is also not that enthusiastic about going to Disney, but does enjoy it once we get there - problem is just getting him there! Waiting to hear more!
2009 - POP
2013 - Offsite trip
GoofyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:33 AM   #41
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
just found your pre-trip report - hope you get to go this year or maybe next March if your DH feels better - looking forward to hearing more - your trip report from last year was the first one I read on the boards and I loved it! My DH is also not that enthusiastic about going to Disney, but does enjoy it once we get there - problem is just getting him there! Waiting to hear more!
Thanks for joining. As you can see I am not going very fast. I have just been ehjoying the wether outside a bit too much! Claire did say that Daddy said we can go to Disney soon yesterday. Yippie! LOL! But of course he mght've just said that to her to get her to stop asking.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #42
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

My second child is Paige. She just turned 18 in June. She and Michael are about 3 1/2 years apart, but were 2 years apart in school. She just graduated from Highschool as well and plans to go into nursing.
She loves Florida, but is not a huge Disney fan. I took her twice as well, and she has gone with her dads family a few times, but usually those were one day trips and they would only spend a partial day at a park.
I have asked if she is interested in going with us, and her reply is only if I can bring a friend. So I guess we are pretty boring. I thought we were fun!
Paige is actually leaving for FL, Ft. Meyers Beach on monday with some girlfriends for a "graduation gift". (my mom and us paid for her trip) I'm a little worried of her going with no real adults, but she is pretty responsible, so I think she'll be OK.
I have a ton of pictures of Paige. Since it was Senior year, I took her Senor pictures and with all the activities I have been able to snap more than she usually allows.

So here are some of Paige over the past year.

Last edited by jenseib; 03-10-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #43
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I wanted to add that Paige lives with her dad now. (who lives 2 miles down the same road from me) She had always went back and forth every other day to each of our houses through most of her life once she started school. Before then, she was at my house full time and dads every other weekend. A few years ago she told me she was tired of it and wanted to live at her dads. I cried and cried. I felt awful, but she was just getting into the teen years and we had been doing alot of fighting. (Teenage girls are AWFUL, BTW) Her dad had just put in a pool, and also allowed her to do more things on weekends than I did, so I knew that was a major draw for her. (ironincally the next year he got rid of the pool) So she moved, I cried....and it was the best thing that ever happened to us. LOL! We get along so much better now. Her dad is the one now who had to put up with most of the moodieness, and I got to see her for the most part when her moods were better, or when she wanted to gripe about dad. Last Fall I think she considered moving back, but her dad gave her a guilt trip, so we just let things be. So thats my Paige.

Last edited by jenseib; 07-03-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #44
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

A mini update on Skip

He went for a few different test and it appears his hip is Not the problem at all. Thats the Good news...The bad news is that he has some sort of a Disc buldge. So now he needs to see a back Dr. The hip Dr gave me the number to call Wed. i was on my way out, so I didn't call then. I called Thrusday and the back Dr says they have to have a referral sent from the hip Dr first. Well ...The hip Dr's nurse told me to call and get in a soon as possible, so I know she had no plans of sending a referral, since she said I could call after the back Dr got back from lunch on Wed. And of course the hip Dr is OFF till next Wed. So now we have to wait and call them back to have them send a referral.
But even once he goes, I have a bad feeling that there really won't be much he can do. His brother has something similar, and he just has to take different pain killers his whole life. WE also know other people with back problems who have had surgey, and tell us how awful it was, and to NOT do it. They aren't any better.
My suggestion is we should get a hottub! That would definately help his back..and mine.... LOL Fat chance of that happening.
So I guess we are not much closer to a solution. But at least we know that he won't have to replace the hip again.

Last edited by jenseib; 08-01-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #45
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Signing on! I just saw you comment about this on another thread. Your previous TR is the first I ever read! I don't know if I ever commented on it, but I was completely hooked. Loved the pics! Going back to catch up!
jc040404 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: