Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #16
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Skip just turned 49 in May. He is into tractorpulling.
He took the year off last year, but plans to go out this year again and do some pulls.
It is fun to go to tractor pulls, but it can get really hot and the days can drag at times. But we have traveled to a few neat places because of it.
Claire loves it too!

Look how little she is here! Aww!

On this trip we were in Tomah, Wisconsin. About 2 1/2 hours away from the Mall of Amercia. So Claire and I drove over there one of the days for fun. She had her hair done at Libby Lu, and thought she was just the most beautiful thing ever!

You can be beautiful at a Tractor Pull.

So back on track.....
Skip does like Disney, but he's not obsessed like Claire and I are.
He ejnoys the trips alot, but is always ready to come at the end of each one. He likes to eat alot there too. I always tell him, just because a buffet is all you can eat, doesn't mean you HAVE to.
Skip is one who doesn't like change either. So going to the same place over and over is good for him. When I try to get him to try new things, he usually is resistant a bit. Sometimes he will, but alot of times he won't.
For example, our 2009 trip was supposed to be a Disney Cruise, but he was so hesitant about it, and finally said, no, let's go back to WDW instead.
He is also pretty thrifty.....sort of...and thats a nice way of saying cheap.
He will spend money like water on things he wants or "needs", like farm equiptment, and his tractor pulling hobby, but then in other areas he watches every dime.
Every year he has griped about the cost of Disney. But yet, he will ask why we didn't upgrade to this or that. Or if I say we could add this, but it will be $100 more, and he will say, "what's $100?". He also would rather pay more for a local flight out and rent a car, rather than driving to a further airport and being able to fly into MCO and use ME.
Once on the trip, he's not so bad. He has moments though,where he is a bit cheap, which is reason I like the dining plan. No griping about how much meals are.
But last year he had no problem forking money out to do the Richard Petty Driving Experience Ride along.

Last edited by jenseib; 03-10-2011 at 08:28 AM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #17
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

UPDATE

I was going to wait till after all my intro stuff was done to post this, but it could take me awhile, so I'll post it now.

I did get a CRT ADR for Dec. 10 at 4:15. Very excited. I was hoping for 5, but I knew that would be prime time, and we are OK with 4:15. We most likely will only eat a breakfast that day and be nice and hungry for dinner.
I also am going to try and call BBB in the next few days and get an appointment. I just have to decide on a time I want.

Last edited by jenseib; 08-01-2010 at 11:00 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #18
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Yeah!!! for CRT!1
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #19
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Hi Jen, it was great to see you had a PTR going. We are gong to be in Disney in Nov/Dec. Congrats on the CRT ressie and I hope you get at BBB apt. Now you just have to get hubby to say yes . Can't wait to read more and see what outfits you come up with for Claire.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #20
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm here! A little late to the party but here nevertheless. Glad to see that you started a pre-trip report. At least you can get excited and maybe, just maybe, Skip will break down and say "let's go".

I loved the introductions. Your pictures are amazing as always.

Congrats on getting CRT booked. Hopefully, you can get a BBB appointment scheduled as easily.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #21
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Fabulous intros! Claire is adorable!

Yippeee for CRT!!!! I hope everything works out for your trip!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #22
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Thanks everyone for joining.
Still plugging away at this week. I've been working on a slide show for Paige's grad party. ....Let's jsut say if you do one for you kids ever...start scanning pictures months ahead of time, in stead of weeks. I am so tired of doing it. And now I am finally putting them in with music, but that still is REALLY time consuming. I know I'm at least half way done or more, but I got alot to do yet. UGH!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #23
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

What program are you using for the slide show? I have a Mom's Group and every year we get together in CT for a "Gathering". I have the song picked out but have no idea where to begin with it all!
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:16 PM   #24
jess20k
DIS Veteran

Hi Jen, I'm in too. I loved following your TR and am already enjoying this one. I love the farm pics too! That's great you got your ADR for CRT! I am looking forward to reading more updates!

jess20k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #25
MouseEarsJenny
DIS Veteran

Joining in! You have a beautiful family! on being dairy farmers - I came from a family with a long farming tradition and ran to the suburbs as fast as my feet could take me. That is some HARD work!

Speaking of hard work, I agree on the slideshow bit. Just put one together for my seventh graders for the last day of school. That was only 300 digital pics, and it still took hours. Can't imagine having to scan them all. Guess I should get started on my dd's graduation slideshow now... she'll be a freshman this year.

Looking forward to reading more about your trip as you plan it!

Childhood Visits Offsite, FW Cabins 2002, Pop 2006 (Incomplete Trip Report/Scrapbook), CSR Grand Gathering July 2009 (Trip Report), Pop 2010 (Trip Report)
MouseEarsJenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #26
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by starann View Post
What program are you using for the slide show? I have a Mom's Group and every year we get together in CT for a "Gathering". I have the song picked out but have no idea where to begin with it all!
I am using Windows movie maker. It's not fancy and has very simple options, but it will do. My friend bought some fancy program for like $100 to her DD's. But I couldn't justify the money for that.
I'm a little mad at it right now though. For some reason the page froze up. and I have alot of it saved, but not the last part I have worked on. I think I'm gonna have to rebbot, and probably loose the last song and all the pictures I put with it. And it was a long song. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess20k View Post
Hi Jen, I'm in too. I loved following your TR and am already enjoying this one. I love the farm pics too! That's great you got your ADR for CRT! I am looking forward to reading more updates!
Thanks for joining. I hope I can keep you attention with this.
Farming can be a drag. But I have lived in the city and do prefer country life. As long as I am not the one doing all the hard work. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseEarsJenny View Post
Joining in! You have a beautiful family! on being dairy farmers - I came from a family with a long farming tradition and ran to the suburbs as fast as my feet could take me. That is some HARD work!

Speaking of hard work, I agree on the slideshow bit. Just put one together for my seventh graders for the last day of school. That was only 300 digital pics, and it still took hours. Can't imagine having to scan them all. Guess I should get started on my dd's graduation slideshow now... she'll be a freshman this year.

Looking forward to reading more about your trip as you plan it!
Yes, this thing is becoming a pain. I wanted to make it about 40 minutes so I wouldn't have to attend to it much. Well I'm at 50 minutes now, and still a little more to go. LOL!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #27
mylittlebuttercup
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
So a little about us!
When I got married, I was at one of my skinniest points. I am working on trying to get back there. LOL! I don't think I ever will. It's so hard and I've actually put on a few pounds over the holidays that don't want to come off again. But I will keep at it for the rest of my life, I suppose.

[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
I feel your pain!!! I have a whole lot more to lose than you, though. Personally, I don't think you need to lose anything--you look great in that picture with your daughter.
mylittlebuttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #28
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Thanks. I am up abput 10-15 lbs from last trip though. Which really wants to make me kick myself. I need to get at least 10 off soon. My shorts are just a tad too tight this summer.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #29
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm back! But not in full force yet.
The recital went pretty well, though I forgot Claire's hair peice and had to call Skip to go back home and get it. It was the 1st time he has ever left ontime for anything. LOL!~ So he got there just in the nick of time, and I literally ran back to Claire clipped it on her head and ran back to my seat. Skip had to park, so he came stroling in at about song 3 with is mom, and my Aunt and Uncle were following in behind him. We watched Claire (song 5) and then all of us but Skip, left to get ready for the party. Skip said he took a nap till intermission, then roamed the halls and went back in for the Finale to watch her. All went well.
The party was nice and things went pretty smoothly with that. I got home at 11:30 that night after helping cleaning up.
Sunday we went out to brunch for Paige's 18th birthday/Fathers day. I took a nice nap on Sunday and then started in on the dishes that needed to be done and sorted to give back to people who had helped make food. Monday, I cleaned most of my house and mowed grass. Today the plan is to finish the house while Claire is at a play date.

For those of you who followed my TR, you know that Skip had a hip replacement last Oct. Well it didn't go as great as we had hoped. He's been experienceing alot of pain, and was told last winter that the peice was basically too big that they put in and a muscle is pulling, but he should try to ignor it. He has , but some days semm alot worse than others. This past week has been really bad....so bad that he has gone back to walking with a cane. Which means REALLY bad. He has a Dr.s appointment today again. I am insisting on going with him to hear what the Dr says, but he says he doesn't need me. But I said I'm just gonna sit there and give the Dr the "evil" stare till something is done.
But another down side to this is, that Skip may need another surgery. So I'm not sure where that will leave us for a trip in Dec. Which really bums me out, but I do want him healthy again. So we'll see how that goes. I do know though, the way he is right now, he wouldn't be able to walk or keep up if we go, so something needs to be done.
So if he gets surgery (and if he does, he most likely will push it back to Oct again) he probably won't be completely healed by Dec, but by March he should be. If we don't go then, I'll explode! LOL!
I guess we just have to wait and see what happens today.

Last edited by jenseib; 08-01-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #30
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Whew! Aren't you glad that you were able to reach Skip so he could grab Claire's hair piece. Sorry, but I had to laugh when you said Skip fell asleep. You know how John lkes to take his power naps whenever he has a minute or two.

Glad to hear that the party went well. I know that it's always stressful getting everything set up and ready. But, when it all falls together beautifully, it's well worth it.

I hate to hear that Skip is still suffering with his hip. I would have gone to the doctor with him too. Let us know what the doctor tells ya'll.

Hopefully, a trip to Disney will soon become a reality. As always, I'm keeping everything I've got crossed for you.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: