Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #256
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Our next day was Thursday..day 5 of the 2008 trip. The year before this was the day we had left to go to the airport...and throw up day....though I didn't think about that too much this fine morning. I was excited because our trip was now officially longer than last years.

I got up bright and early and went to do some laundry. When I came back, Claire was already up and excited

We actually made rope drop for the park and did a few photopasses.At this point in time, when the Photopass Photographers would ask for Claire to turn around and look, I would say, just take it. She's being stubborn.

We walked towards the hat, as that is where Daisy is supposed to be..... As we walked up, Daisy, Donald, Goofy and Minnie were all coming out !!!! And we asked where the Daisy line was and the lady showed us and we were FIRST in line. Claire was so happy!

We went over to the Goofy/Minnie line next and visited with them as well.

We walked over to playhouse Disney and had time, so we all went potty.

Of course Skip didn't decide to go till we got back.
As Claire and I walked up, a cast member stopped us and asked how many was in our party. I thought she was going to tell us to wait till we were all there till we entered the line, but NOPE! We were picked as family of the show. We got to go to the head of the line in a special waiting area, Claire got a certificate, and we got to enter first and chose where we wanted to sit. What is kind of funny is some other family walked up behind me and went under the rope too? When DH came back I waved him over. I told him about us being "family of the show". He asked the other couple if they were one too and they said no. And then when it was time to go in they said, "well you guys go first since you were picked." So I think they just line cutted! LOL!

Little Mermaid was next. Another big hit with Claire.

As we walked out, Claire started coughing and saying she was going to be sick...and then she was!!! I said I would take her back to the room, but she cried and said she was fine...and against my better judgment, we stayed.

We did a few more things and she just looked worse and worse, so I told Skip I was taking her back. She ended up getting sick as we were walking up and I whipped her over a trash can for a second time. I worried about the bus ride, so I stopped at a shop and asked for a plastic bag...just in case.

We grabbed a snack (for me) on the way back to the room. She was feeling a bit better, but didn't eat anything, got dressed in jammies and then after a bit of trying to settle down, (she was worried she wouldn't be able to see Prince Charming later that evening), she went to sleep...for HOURS!

One thing I didn't mention was that a day or 2 prior, I had caught Claire licking a Pole on the bus. So probably between all the go,go,go we were doing and the nice set of pole germs, she just couldn't go anymore.

Skip would call and check in every so often. After a few hours he came back and I set off for HS.

Last edited by jenseib; 08-10-2010 at 09:46 AM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #257
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Glad Claire got to see Daisy

How cool that you got to be the family of the show at Playhouse Disney !

Sorry to hear that Claire got sick again I hope she gets to see Prince Charming too !

Can't wait to read more about 2008
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #258
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I head over to HS and it was threatening rain and actually drizzled off and on.
I did a few things, mostly dodging rain.

I decided to try the Backlot tour, which I had rode back in the 90's. I ended up getting stuck on this ride. It had a problem in the Canyon and they eventually routed us outside the ride area, and the narrator guy was just making up stuff as we went, like it was part of the ride, but at one point he just started laughing and said now he's really reaching for straws when he said "there's a popcorn cart". LOL!

In the mean time Skip called and said Claire had woke up and they were going swimming. She was feeling much better. I told him to give her another dose of motrin, but of course he didn't.

When I got back she was sleeping again. We then were trying to decide what to do about dinner. We had 1900 Park Fare scheduled. Claire woke while we were talking and insisted we should go.
So we did.

She did fine through dinner.

She was mad here because it is hard waiting for Prince Charming. She could wait to get called so she could see him.

We were seated and the Stepsisters came around 1st. But Claire didn't want to talk to them...They were NOT Prince Charming.

Then the ultimate happened! LOL! Prince Charming came over. He swirled Claire around and told her how beautiful she was and gave her a hug. She was in little girl heaven! LOL!

Lady Tremaine wasn't to exciting either.

Cindrella on the otherhand was wonderfull. We were on of the last tables of the night and she really spent some time with Claire.

We finished up, got on the monorail and it was pouring rain. We ended up being stuck on the monrail for 1/2 hour. I guess another train had problems.

We had to dash through the pouring rain to the bus stop and then back to the room...and Claire got sick once again. So much for eating.

Claire also got sick in the middle of the night as well once. My poor baby.

Last edited by jenseib; 11-19-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #259
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Glad Claire got to see Daisy

How cool that you got to be the family of the show at Playhouse Disney !

Sorry to hear that Claire got sick again I hope she gets to see Prince Charming too !

Can't wait to read more about 2008
I just posted more. LOL!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #260
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Day 6, our final day of 2008 trip.

I got up and finished packing everything. Claire had an appointment for BBB, and I just decided to wait and see how she felt. She insisted the night before that we were going, but I was going to wait and see.
She got up and was in very good spirits, so her and I headed to DTD for our appointment, while Skip lounged around, then checked the luggage into luggage services till it was time to go.

We had time to spare when we got there so we looked around WOD. We were called and Claire got scared and started crying. The FGIT was super nice and tried to coax her, but I said it just wasn't going to work, since she wasn't feeling up to par. They told us if she changed her mind to come back at any time during the day.
I bought her a hair piece and she was just happy with that.

We did a few things around DTD and Skip bought a train that Claire wanted and had it shipped home.

WE got some lunch and Claire was still not herself and cried about little things.

We headed back to Pop and were able to get on ME about 1/2 hour earlier. Well actually, I was in the bathroom and Skip called and told me to hurry so we could make this bus instead of the next. He's always in a rush when it's time to go home.

Claire was very fussy at the airport. Not like herself at all. She did alot of crying, and at one point a girl behind us said, "I hope that kid isn't on our flight"....and the stressed, tired mommy in me SNAPPED!!!!
I told her " I sure hope we are sitting near you and I hope she's screaming in your ear the whole time!". She LOOKED Stunned! I think she was totally embarrassed that I heard her in the 1st place. Luckily they were going somewhere totally different.
Claire cried on the plane till after take off. It was so stressful. I felt bad for her, felt bad for those around us, and just couldn't wait to get home. She slept pretty much the whole ride home, in my arms, and of course thats not comfy, but God forbid I move and wake her. LOL!
When we landed I quickly called my dad to let him know we arrived. We got our luggage and Skip wheels Claire out to the sidewalk with the luggage. It is WINTER and cold!!! and he walks away and goes and smokes! So I have all these suitcases to watch and a little girl with no coat on out in the freezing cold waiting for my dad to make it around the circle to get to us. And of course with the stress we had earlier I was till ready to snap at any moment! I managed to get us all inside to the warmth while we waited.

Soon my dad was there and Claire cheered right up at seeing Popa.
It took a few days for Claire to become her old self again.

It was a wonderful trip. And even in the bad times, we still had fun for the most part. It just reinforced the idea that we need to take it slower...which is hard for me, but if not, we have a sick girl on our hands.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #261
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Phew! OK, I am all caught up. I hate arriving late to a long PTR.

I hope everything works out with Skips hip.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #262
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I just posted more. LOL!
lol just caught that

The picture of u and Curelia ! How did you ever manage to meet her you lucky duck ?

The picture of Claire all mad before your 1900 Park Fare meal is too cute !

Glad Claire finally got to meet Prince Charming , seemed to put her in a much better mood lol

Sorry to here that Claire missed her BBB appt. but you did her hair up just as good as they would have the Aurora dress , she sure does have quite the collection of Disney Princess dresses doesn't she ?

Poor Clarie getting sick and what a rough plane ride for u all I don't blame u at all for snapping a couple of times !
Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #263
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
lol just caught that

The picture of u and Curelia ! How did you ever manage to meet her you lucky duck ?

The picture of Claire all mad before your 1900 Park Fare meal is too cute !

Glad Claire finally got to meet Prince Charming , seemed to put her in a much better mood lol

Sorry to here that Claire missed her BBB appt. but you did her hair up just as good as they would have the Aurora dress , she sure does have quite the collection of Disney Princess dresses doesn't she ?

Poor Clarie getting sick and what a rough plane ride for u all I don't blame u at all for snapping a couple of times !
Cruella was cool. I just kind of walked up on her and decided what the heck. I told her I was getting this taken for my DD who was sick back and at the room and she was so nice and said she hoped she got better.

I love the Aurora dress. I don't know if she can stil lwear it anymore. It is probably pretty short if it fits at all. That girl is growing like a weed!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #264
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So, I have a question... can you buy JUST the hair piece??? Cause Cortlyn is too young, but if the BBB hairpiece can be bought, I pull her hair into a ponytail and let it hang like that!!!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #265
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

I'm so sorry Claire was sick. For our 2008 trip Eryka was throwing up the whole way to Disney and my son was throwing up the whole way home. It sucks when the kids get sick on vacation

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #266
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
So, I have a question... can you buy JUST the hair piece??? Cause Cortlyn is too young, but if the BBB hairpiece can be bought, I pull her hair into a ponytail and let it hang like that!!!
Yes, but they really need to be secured a bit too. So bring some bubbpins. I think I had to use the Tiara we bought her to actually keep it on her had because I didn't have any bobby oins handy. They sell them in alot of different gift shops in many different colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
I'm so sorry Claire was sick. For our 2008 trip Eryka was throwing up the whole way to Disney and my son was throwing up the whole way home. It sucks when the kids get sick on vacation
UGH! I feel for you. Being sick at home is hard enough, but away or on the road is just plain awful.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #267
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Phew! OK, I am all caught up. I hate arriving late to a long PTR.

I hope everything works out with Skips hip.
Yay! Glad you made it over. I like to talk...
Old 08-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #268
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Claire is the cutest mad little girl ever! That pic in front of 1900 Park Faire is precious!!!!! Glad she got to meet the Prince and had a magical time with Cinderella.

What a stressful last couple days and ride home though...ugh!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #269
eecteacher82
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm just joining in (very late to the party I know)! I just read all 18 pages, so I am caught up when you post again! We are heading to WDW in December as well! Dec 5-10 staying at Pop! Can't wait to read more!
eecteacher82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #270
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Claire is the cutest mad little girl ever! That pic in front of 1900 Park Faire is precious!!!!! Glad she got to meet the Prince and had a magical time with Cinderella.

What a stressful last couple days and ride home though...ugh!
Isn't she cute. We thought it was hilarious that she was making such a big deal over Prince Charming. I even mentioned that "dad" was like Prince Charming and she said no, he's just dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecteacher82 View Post
Hi! I'm just joining in (very late to the party I know)! I just read all 18 pages, so I am caught up when you post again! We are heading to WDW in December as well! Dec 5-10 staying at Pop! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for joining in. I love Pop. It is such a fun place.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: