Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #241
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Im 2008 I went to Disney and regretted not getting a scooter. I hate the people that get them to skip the lines, but I had a terrible case of bronchitus and could not keep up with my friends. I was fine to stand in line though. I would have definitely enjoyed myself more if I caved and got the scooter. Oh well you live and learn! Hopefully they find out what is wrong with Skip so it can be fixed!

Loving the old trip recaps.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #242
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust1278 View Post
our pc is doing the same thing. ive run everything i can but still have a slowdown. i honestly think its time for new windows software or for a whole new pc period, lol! hope it gets better and i hope skip gets to felling better soon as well. sending lots of pixie dust your way!
I definately don't want a new one. I actually love my computer. I have a laptop as well, which is actually what I have been using today, but I just don't care for it so much. But it gets me by when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
I hope you do get to go in Dec! That would be great! My mom has health issues and went to WDW in July and both my dad and me were BEGGING her to get a scooter. She didn't but she should have-- I think she would have enjoyed herself more. She didn't want the stigma attached to them, or people wondering what was "wrong" with her if she could walk to the rides. I am going to try and get her to ride one when we got o DLR in Oct.

Speaking of famous pictures, you have a famous picture (in my mind) from your 2009 trip. It is the one with the Pooh who is standing with his legs ridiculously far apart. I showed it to my DH and we had a good laugh... and then we had to get our own picture of Pooh!

Love your picture! That Pooh is funny. We saw a Pluto last trip, that I swear had to be a black guy in the suit. He had that rhythem and was just crazy, and funny.
I really wish he would consider a scooter. I mean if this is something that can't be fixed, are we all supposed to sit at home together and do nothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
Oh no!!!! We still don't know what happened to my computer, so DH just bought me a new one off of ebay. When the computer geek can't fix it, it's time for a new one!

My friend always rents a scooter at Disneyland. She has a really bad knee. Every time she goes on the 1 st day she tries to "tough" it out. And by the 2 nd day she is renting that scooter. Can't wait to hear more!!!!!
I am hoping that if things don't get better and he still agrees to go, that after day he will see things differently. Or maybe even just a regular wheel char...though that means I push.

I am still mad at my PC. I guess I'm not sure what else to do. I have also unistalled some stuff that I never use. to see if that helps, but so far it hasn't, and because it is going so slow, it is taking for ever to unistall things. I wonder if I should take it in...again an expense I hate to deal with, but maybe I will have to break down and do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Im 2008 I went to Disney and regretted not getting a scooter. I hate the people that get them to skip the lines, but I had a terrible case of bronchitus and could not keep up with my friends. I was fine to stand in line though. I would have definitely enjoyed myself more if I caved and got the scooter. Oh well you live and learn! Hopefully they find out what is wrong with Skip so it can be fixed!

Loving the old trip recaps.
Yes! I think his is all about pride..etc, but maybe if he just let it be, he could actually go with a fun attitude and enjoy eveyrthing
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #243
fairydust1278
"The path to your destiny lies within the magic of your heart."

my mom has a scooter of her own which she uses here at home and plans on using on our future trip as well. she is afraid of what people will say as well but i told her to pay them no mind. if they cant see the oxygen line she has on then they are blind. i told her we will be there to enjoy ourselves and not worry about what others have to say.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #244
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust1278 View Post
my mom has a scooter of her own which she uses here at home and plans on using on our future trip as well. she is afraid of what people will say as well but i told her to pay them no mind. if they cant see the oxygen line she has on then they are blind. i told her we will be there to enjoy ourselves and not worry about what others have to say.
Right...and with Skip, even on a good day he still limps, so all they have to do is see him walk and know he's not right. LOL! Well sometimes he's just not right anyways. LOL!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #245
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Back to more of the 2008 trip recap~

Our next day we had AK in the plans!
I woke up extremely early again. I walked the resort, took lots of photos, explored, refilled my mug numerous times and went to check on the family at 8. No signs of life. So I nudged Skip and asked if he would mind if I went over to AK while they slept. (remember this is his least favorite park)..and he said yes. I told him to give me a call when Claire woke up and I would be back.

I got there for the opening ceremony, but I was so far back that I really couldn't hear a thing.

I went to see it's Tough to be a Bug, since I had never seen it yet. I thought it was so funny they have a stink bug named Claire.

Then off to Expedition Everest...another 1st for me.
Then I headed over to Dinoland. We never even made it this section in 2007 and I was amazed how much more and different it was since 1999. I rode Dinosaur and then checked the time. I'd been going at it for 1/2 hour and had done 3 great attractions.

I tried a few more dinoland rides and then headed up front.

They had some meet and greets outside the park entrance and I took advantage of that.

Baloo and I have the same Body shape!!!

While walking to the bus, I got the call that Claire had woke up. They were going for a swim. So I decided to make a quick stop at DTD on the way back. I went via the All Stars Movies bus so I could see what it looked like.
I looked around a bit and took a few pictures, but then later realized I had some strange setting on my camera and all came out overexposed.

Claire had mentioned she wanted the Ariel wedding dress and I had a 10% off coupon for WOD, so thats where I went and I bought it for her as a little surprise.

After a long bus wait, I finally made it back to Pop.
Claire was in the big pool with a lifejacket on. This is when we discovered they had them, and DH was happy! He could sit on the edge for the most part and watch her swim. She had made a few girlfriends and was having a ball.
We got lunch at the foodcourt then headed off to AK!

Skip went off to ride some bigger things, and Claire and I went in our own direction

And then watched the parade.

After the parade it started to sprinkle, so we headed to the safari.

We called it a day then,and headed back to Pop.

Last edited by jenseib; 08-09-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #246
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Back at Pop, Claire checks out the new additon to our towel animals.

We went to dinner at Wispering Canyon Cafe. Claire chose to wear her new dress.

Claire really loved the milkshake and pretty much didn't eat anything else.

Wilderness Lodge is beautiful. I really want to stay here some day. This was the resort I was going to look at for our 1st few room only days, but Claire wanting AKL won out in this mommy's heart.

Back to Pop once again...a short swim and then off to bed.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #247
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Day 4...Magic Kingdom!~

Claire's first waking thoughts....Swim...So we let her go for a dip.

Off to Mk! We took the train to Toontown and had some fun. Fantaslyland was next. I found the Pink Aurora dress that I just loved and bought it for Claire and had it sent back to POP.

Claire met a fellow Minnie Mouse in line for Mickey's Philharmagic.

Time for the afternoon parade.

We had some lunch and then watched the Woody's Round up parade.

Then off to the dreaded Bear Jamborie. ICK!

We took in several more rides after that.

We met Minnie

Claire was obsessed at this point with Daisy Duck, and we just couldn't find her. We asked a CM and she told us to arrive at DHS 1st thing and get in line for her by the hat. So that became the plan for the next day. (which luckily was our planned DHS day)

I shopped a bit and Claire and Skip rode the monorail full circle and then we met up outside the park.

We watched Wishes from there and then took the boat over to Fort Wilderness.

We had an ADR for the 9:30 show at Hoop Dee Doo. Claire was chosen to be the "Bell Ringer".

We really enjoyed the show. We were right up front, next to the stage, and Claire was mesmerized.

We got to bed late, but plans for an early morning to see Daisy!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #248
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

I am so loving all of this!!! Thanks for sharing with us!
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #249
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
I am so loving all of this!!! Thanks for sharing with us!
Thanks. I want to get through my history and start posting ideas...but then again, this histroy is taking up some time, since I really don't have anything in stone yet. LOL!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #250
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Hi!!!! I just found your PTR...you and I, WE need to be friends! I too am a dairy farmer's wife...and although I've only made it through about 3 pages of your PTR, I think we have a lot in common! I have to leave to go pick up my friend and her kids at the metro station so I can't finish reading right now, but I'll come back and finish asap.

By the way, I could swear your disboard name is familiar....I have a swiss cheese brain though and I can't place where we might have chatted before.

Your DD is gorgeous! Actually both of them!

I can't wait to read the rest. Talk to you soon!
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #251
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
Hi!!!! I just found your PTR...you and I, WE need to be friends! I too am a dairy farmer's wife...and although I've only made it through about 3 pages of your PTR, I think we have a lot in common! I have to leave to go pick up my friend and her kids at the metro station so I can't finish reading right now, but I'll come back and finish asap.

By the way, I could swear your disboard name is familiar....I have a swiss cheese brain though and I can't place where we might have chatted before.

Your DD is gorgeous! Actually both of them!

I can't wait to read the rest. Talk to you soon!
Hey!!! Thanks for joining. You'll have to me your secrets of getting your DH to agree. Mine can be so stubborn at times and always wants to wait til lthe last minute.
Your name sounds famliar too. I know I talked to a Dairy farmers wife a year or 2 ago...maybe it was you?

My Dh and his borhter keep talking about selling the cows off and on, but as of yeasterday they are keeping them for now. LOL! Then DH told me they are looking ar robitic milkers. $100,000.00 each And we need two, but then we don't need the extra labor, so that evens out and will be paid for in about 2 years or so.

Can't wait to chat!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #252
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Great recap

Nice Animal Kingdom pictures , looks like you had great time exploring the park on your own

Cute pictures of Claire in her Ariel dress

I can't blame Claire for for only drinking her milkshake at WCC there Milkshakes are delicious !

How cool that you got Clarie an Aurora dress also , your purchase reminded me of something I forgot u can send things back to the resort , which will come in handy since I want to do some Christmas shopping for the kids while we are there in September !

Love the pictures of Claire in her Minnie dress , seems like she was warming up to picture taking at that point
Old 08-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #253
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I love the dresses! I can't afford all the beautiful disney dresses, but my MIL did buy Cortlyn the Cinderella dress from the Disney store and we got an Aurora dress at Wal-mart that Cortlyn loves. The disney store dress is just made so much better!!! I'm planning to let Cortlyn wear the Cindy dress to the castle. But watch her want to wear the Aurora dress! I have a friend that sews though, so, she's going to make a few things if I can find fabric I like. I'm like a pillowcase dress with Minnie or something.

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #254
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I love how you went off to AK solo! What a great idea. The picture of the two "Minnie's" holding hands is just precious!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #255
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I love the dresses! I can't afford all the beautiful disney dresses, but my MIL did buy Cortlyn the Cinderella dress from the Disney store and we got an Aurora dress at Wal-mart that Cortlyn loves. The disney store dress is just made so much better!!! I'm planning to let Cortlyn wear the Cindy dress to the castle. But watch her want to wear the Aurora dress! I have a friend that sews though, so, she's going to make a few things if I can find fabric I like. I'm like a pillowcase dress with Minnie or something.
I love the pillow case dresses. We have 2 disney ones and Claire liked them when I showed her them on ebay. Couldn't wait to get them and now she doesn't want anything to do with them! She has worn each twice, and thats because I MADE her. She said she will wear them to Disney..so we'll see, but when we go they are definately coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I love how you went off to AK solo! What a great idea. The picture of the two "Minnie's" holding hands is just precious!!
It was so cute, we even sat next to her during the show and they were sad to have to leave each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Great recap

Nice Animal Kingdom pictures , looks like you had great time exploring the park on your own

Cute pictures of Claire in her Ariel dress

I can't blame Claire for for only drinking her milkshake at WCC there Milkshakes are delicious !

How cool that you got Clarie an Aurora dress also , your purchase reminded me of something I forgot u can send things back to the resort , which will come in handy since I want to do some Christmas shopping for the kids while we are there in September !

Love the pictures of Claire in her Minnie dress , seems like she was warming up to picture taking at that point
I always forget about it too. Or I want it sooner than it will arrive back at the resort. LOL!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: