Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #226
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

More Jambo House:

Kidani Pool - I don't have many pictures of the splash area because it's VERY hard to go in there and NOT get wet! There are water sprays everywhere. It's a lot of fun!:

Kiddy pool

Playground area in the pool area!

Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #227
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Thanks so much Brook for posting all those pictures. Yours are some of the best I've seen. I've been scanning the AKL picture thread, but alot are really blurry.

Tim, he probably knows, but refuses to beleive who he's dealing with. LOL! You know, I keep thinking to myself, what if Claire and I could arrive even a day earlier...LOL! (Brook, you put that thought in my head)

Those older pictures are so funny. We laugh every time we look at them. She had such a mean nasty look on her face.

Planning a quick trip like that was fun, but I really like to have the experience of doing it over several months. So far I think the longest "notice" I have gotten is about 6 or 7 weeks prior. But I am always researching and reading up for future trips....Ok, like alot of you, I price & make itineraries for fake trips all the time.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #228
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yes, right now my plans would be to attend MVMCP on Dec 10th
Yay! We'll be attending the same party! We will have to try and meet up!!

I'm excited for your stay at AK! I would LOVE to squeeze in a day there!!! But, not this trip. I need to NOT look at those wonderful pictures from there either!! That poster is making me jealous!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #229
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Thanks so much Brook for posting all those pictures. Yours are some of the best I've seen. I've been scanning the AKL picture thread, but alot are really blurry
Your welcome! I KNOW I have more, but they aren't uploaded. Probably a lot of repeats though! I have a ton of just Kidani (lobby, etc.) too if you'd like those, but I figured you'll be at Jambo House, so just the pool is the important part!

Quote:
(Brook, you put that thought in my head)
I've turned into quite the enabler lately for a few DISers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I need to NOT look at those wonderful pictures from there either!! That poster is making me jealous!
Oops! We have stayed there twice, first at Jambo on our honeymoon - so it became quite a special place for us. Then we bought into DVC there, so we stayed at Kidani in December '09. And we just visited to check out Kidani in September '09. So I've got a TON of AKL pics! Plus, DH and I are click-happy with the camera. It's a great resort though, a ton to see and do - so beautiful, peaceful and calm. A little cool oasis away from all the busy parks. I love it! WL gives me the same feeling if you've been there.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #230
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Yay! We'll be attending the same party! We will have to try and meet up!!

I'm excited for your stay at AK! I would LOVE to squeeze in a day there!!! But, not this trip. I need to NOT look at those wonderful pictures from there either!! That poster is making me jealous!
That would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Your welcome! I KNOW I have more, but they aren't uploaded. Probably a lot of repeats though! I have a ton of just Kidani (lobby, etc.) too if you'd like those, but I figured you'll be at Jambo House, so just the pool is the important part!

I've turned into quite the enabler lately for a few DISers!

Oops! We have stayed there twice, first at Jambo on our honeymoon - so it became quite a special place for us. Then we bought into DVC there, so we stayed at Kidani in December '09. And we just visited to check out Kidani in September '09. So I've got a TON of AKL pics! Plus, DH and I are click-happy with the camera. It's a great resort though, a ton to see and do - so beautiful, peaceful and calm. A little cool oasis away from all the busy parks. I love it! WL gives me the same feeling if you've been there.
Thanks again for the pictures. I think the pool will be the hot spot for us. I have read they do a story time in the evenings there too. It looks like fun. Now I have to decide if we want to do the story time there, or go to Fort Wilderness for the campfire. Even though we will most likely have 1 /12 days there to enjoy ourselves, I have so many ideas, that it seems like we still won't be able to pack it all in. I had thought about going to DTD while there too, and plua I still want to do a resort photoshoot, and then breakfast at 1900 PF on the 9th. And the 10th I have alot planned so I want to be able to get to bed early the 9th as well. I guess once things are in stone, I can start working on the exact plans and figure what is most improatant to us.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #231
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Aww Jen, looking at the pictures that Brook posted, I sure hope you get to go!!! I knew they sure got me even more excited to stay there now!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #232
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Hey Jen! I've been following your PTR but just haven't commented yet. I read your last TR on another board a while back and was hooked, so I'm glad I found you on here! Claire has gotten so big! She's such a cutie You find the prettiest princess outfits for her too. BTW, you take some really awesome pics

I'm rooting for you to go to WDW for Claire's birthday. It's such a wonderful thing to bring kids on their birthday. I'm planning to take my little one that's coming soon for it's 1st birthday at WDW just like my folks did with me.

That'd be awesome to stay at AKL, even just for a night or two. That's a really good price for a deluxe! Claire will probably love it there. Are you going to stay at POP after that? We're going back a week before you're planning to go. Somehow my folks managed to get Pop for $45 a night. How they did it, I have no clue.

Anyroad, enjoying you PTR and hoping for you that yall will be able to go to WDW soon!

Zorro Gets The Ladies (10-2-09 MNSSHP)
Hopping a Plane Alone with a Toddler...Yep, I'm Crazy (Jan. '13 TR)
Cast Member Appreciation! In memory of Mr. Bob who worked on Main Street USA
coneygoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #233
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Aww Jen, looking at the pictures that Brook posted, I sure hope you get to go!!! I knew they sure got me even more excited to stay there now!!!
Isn't it exciting! And Brook takes wonderful pictures! I want to shout to the world.."Hey we are staying at a Delux!"> But of course I can't yet and jinx things. If you haven't noticed I am very superstitious about stuff. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
Hey Jen! I've been following your PTR but just haven't commented yet. I read your last TR on another board a while back and was hooked, so I'm glad I found you on here! Claire has gotten so big! She's such a cutie You find the prettiest princess outfits for her too. BTW, you take some really awesome pics

I'm rooting for you to go to WDW for Claire's birthday. It's such a wonderful thing to bring kids on their birthday. I'm planning to take my little one that's coming soon for it's 1st birthday at WDW just like my folks did with me.

That'd be awesome to stay at AKL, even just for a night or two. That's a really good price for a deluxe! Claire will probably love it there. Are you going to stay at POP after that? We're going back a week before you're planning to go. Somehow my folks managed to get Pop for $45 a night. How they did it, I have no clue.

Anyroad, enjoying you PTR and hoping for you that yall will be able to go to WDW soon!

thanks so much for joining in. Yes Pop is where we will switch over too. I do Love Pop! And $45 a night would make me love it even more! LOL Do your parents have annual passes? maybe it was a rate from that?
I just keep thinking positive that things will work out. But I also have that little voice in the back of my head telling me about how Skip likes to be in his comfort zone...and thats going in March. But even if we went then I would be more than happy. I just really am hoping for a chance top see the Christmas stuff too.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:31 AM   #234
superme80
DIS Veteran

Wow! My computer takes a trip to hell and I miss all the excitement! Congrats on booking!!! I hope you can do it! I love Disney at Christmas. So glad it seems to be your husband's hip. I hope you can find a doctor who actually do their job!
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 1 year old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:05 AM   #235
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
Wow! My computer takes a trip to hell and I miss all the excitement! Congrats on booking!!! I hope you can do it! I love Disney at Christmas. So glad it seems to be your husband's hip. I hope you can find a doctor who actually do their job!
My computer seems to be following yours. It's been going extremely slow yeaterday and today. I guess I will have to run some scans and see if I can find something in it.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #236
francis6306
DIS Veteran

You better get your computer in shape! I want to make sure to keep up with you guys! How is Skip feeling?

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #237
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
You better get your computer in shape! I want to make sure to keep up with you guys! How is Skip feeling?
Yes it is driving me nuts. I have defragged it and now a disk cleanup and then some more scans, but it still seems extremely slow.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #238
fairydust1278
"The path to your destiny lies within the magic of your heart."

our pc is doing the same thing. ive run everything i can but still have a slowdown. i honestly think its time for new windows software or for a whole new pc period, lol! hope it gets better and i hope skip gets to felling better soon as well. sending lots of pixie dust your way!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #239
oboedm
DIS Veteran

I hope you do get to go in Dec! That would be great! My mom has health issues and went to WDW in July and both my dad and me were BEGGING her to get a scooter. She didn't but she should have-- I think she would have enjoyed herself more. She didn't want the stigma attached to them, or people wondering what was "wrong" with her if she could walk to the rides. I am going to try and get her to ride one when we got o DLR in Oct.

Speaking of famous pictures, you have a famous picture (in my mind) from your 2009 trip. It is the one with the Pooh who is standing with his legs ridiculously far apart. I showed it to my DH and we had a good laugh... and then we had to get our own picture of Pooh!

oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #240
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My computer seems to be following yours. It's been going extremely slow yeaterday and today. I guess I will have to run some scans and see if I can find something in it.
Oh no!!!! We still don't know what happened to my computer, so DH just bought me a new one off of ebay. When the computer geek can't fix it, it's time for a new one!

My friend always rents a scooter at Disneyland. She has a really bad knee. Every time she goes on the 1 st day she tries to "tough" it out. And by the 2 nd day she is renting that scooter. Can't wait to hear more!!!!!
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 1 year old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: