Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 06:53 AM   #196
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I understand the throwing up thing on vacation! We've been there with Henry as well. His has always happened DURING the trip, but I've always figured it was a combo of the different foods and over stimulation. Plus, so many germs - could also be a slight infection/cold. They bounce back fast though!

It's so fun to see pictures of little Claire! She is so adorable!
Claire RARELY gets sick like that, with throwing up, so it was really weird. I really felt bad for her. And I worried we would be on the plane with a child throwing up the whole way home, but we made it back OK. She was still in a diaper a that time, and she did end up having diarhea right before we landed too, so as soon as we got off I ran her to the bathroom and got her changed. It wasn't the worse, (not hte kind the flows out of the diaper)but I did change her clothes and make her fresh and comfortable. We only live like 10 minutes from Toleo airport, so we had a quick ride home then.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #197
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
So sorry to see this one end but I am sooooo looking forward to the next TR within a PTR!

Sorry to hear DD ended up sick. My son has some health issues so I have no doubt that at least once during the trip he will get sick. I know how hard it is on us mom's when they end up sick, especially when you are on vacation. Hoping we have no more than 1 sick day on our first Disney vacation.
Sickness is hard on vacation. I seems to be a theme for us. LOL! Someone seems to have a little something wrong each trip....which you will see when I recap the 2008 trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #198
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Oh, no, sorry she ended up sick. When we went to Florida in 2005. (Not a Disney vacation, but we did have a 1 day pass to the MK) My youngest then 11 months, ended up in the ER. She had an ear infection AND a throat infection. I had never even heard of a throat infection before that day. So she was not well for about 3 days of that trip. I felt so bad!

And last years Disney trip: My Dh got the flu. Luckily we had 2 connecting rooms and we quarantined him to 1 of them.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
3princesses+aprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #199
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Oh, no, sorry she ended up sick. When we went to Florida in 2005. (Not a Disney vacation, but we did have a 1 day pass to the MK) My youngest then 11 months, ended up in the ER. She had an ear infection AND a throat infection. I had never even heard of a throat infection before that day. So she was not well for about 3 days of that trip. I felt so bad!

And last years Disney trip: My Dh got the flu. Luckily we had 2 connecting rooms and we quarantined him to 1 of them.
It is awful being sick on vacation, I can vouch for that. And also hard when your little one is. At least it was at the end, so she didn't miss anything that trip. Usually her sickness is ears or allergies, not the trowing up kind, so it really took me by surprise.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #200
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Skip has a consulatation appointment for pain management on the 17th. Let's hope they can get him some relief. Of course when I told him this, he called me back 1/2 hour later and said..."dang it that was the day he and his buddies had planned to finally take the tractor out for a pull this year...so maybe it was a sign from God telling him to leave it go for now."
I hope they start some sort of treatment soon after!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #201
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

On to some Disney fun...
I thought before recapping some more of my past trips, I would talk Disney again and get some ideas and suggestions from you all.

First off, I would like to fly down on Dec. 8th. And check out the 15th or 16th. I have actually put a deposit down for Dec 10-16th with free dining. (wanted to at least have it before the offer expires) But since we would check in 2 days prior to getting free dining, I need to think of what to do for those 2 days. I have debated on possibly staying at CBR or even maybe a deluxe and just hang out and do that resorts pool and slide and check out other resorts, and DTD.. Claire wanted to go to a water park, but I figure if we got a resort with a waterslide, we could skip the water park and we all would have the best of both worlds.
Another thought is to stay off site (if we get a car) for those 2 days. I actually found a deal for about $100 to stay 3 nights at a Radisson. It's a 3 night minimum, but for that price we could just leave a night early and it would be no big deal.
I have also debated on whether or not to go to Sea World or Universal on the 9th of Dec.
A few things stopping me there...Depends on if we have a car for one. The price of the parks is another, and I have and ADR (to pay OOP) for 1900 park fare breakfast on the 9th at 10:45. So it would be a late start to another park. And I was also hoping to do the resort private photoshoot this trip, and that would probably be the best day to do that as well. Of course we don't HAVE to do it, or could try to squeeze it in later on. And i could try 1900 Park Fare for another day. I just want to do breakfast there maily because Mary Poppins is there and then I could have Claire get a picture with her in Claire's MP dress.

My thoughts are Sea World over US at this point. One because Sea World is offering $5 kids tickets. And if we do US I will want it to be IOA to visit Harry Potter World, but I have heard the lines are awful. Some are waiting hours just to get into the area, and I just can't see us doing that. So maybe I should put it off for the future for now.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #202
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures of little Claire in the pool , too cute !

How did u like Captain Jack's , never heard to much about that place before ?

So Sorry Clarie got sick at the end of the trip

As for your current trip planing , I would go with your first idea of staying at a resort w/ a really nice pool and water slide & swimming for the first two days , go do some of the different resort activities like the Campfire, Movies, Sleigh Ride , Pony Rides at Ft. Wilderness . Watch the Electrical Water Pageant from the Ploy or WL beach. Hop on the monorail from one of the resorts & take a tour of the resort decorations I think there is plenty you can do in two days for free while staying at a deluxe resort , especially during the Christmas season !
Old 08-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #203
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Love the pictures of little Claire in the pool , too cute !

How did u like Captain Jack's , never heard to much about that place before ?

So Sorry Clarie got sick at the end of the trip

As for your current trip planing , I would go with your first idea of staying at a resort w/ a really nice pool and water slide & swimming for the first two days , go do some of the different resort activities like the Campfire, Movies, Sleigh Ride , Pony Rides at Ft. Wilderness . Watch the Electrical Water Pageant from the Ploy or WL beach. Hop on the monorail from one of the resorts & take a tour of the resort decorations I think there is plenty you can do in two days for free while staying at a deluxe resort , especially during the Christmas season !
The campfire is another one of the ideas I was having. I have a pin code for that week, but I should see whats still available. I was thinking AKL, but I wonder if all the pin rooms have been taken. Also CBR is another one I would like to go to and it would be cheaper. I might have to call today and see. LOL!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #204
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Ok, I took the plunge! I called WDW and asked if they had any Standard AKL rooms left that I could use my pin on (40% off). She quoted me a bunkbed room, which sounds fun, but I wanted it to be as cheap as possible, so ask her, "Do you have any standard left? I would like the deluxe feel for as cheap as possible." LOL! And they did! It was only $162 a night including taxes. That is around what we pay for Pop in March a night. So I have 2 nights for AKL in Dec. Now we need to get Skip in shape, and then agree totally to the trip.
So all of you who are good at praying, pray for us to get a little magic so all the stars align right!
Claire will be so excited! I won't mention a word till we know for sure, of course, but she has been looking at the AAA brochure and picked out AKL a couple of times because of the anmials. She even asked me a week ago if we could just stay there 1 night. So I told her that maybe someday we could.
I now want to go look at AKL pictures, but hate to get my hopes up too high and then have them crushed. LOL!

So with that being said, I think we will NOT do Sea World or US at this point. I think a day and a 1/2 at AK will give us enough to do and see and we can be relaxed somewhat for Claire's b-day on the 10th. And then I could schedule the photoshoot for AKL in the after noon.

Anyone know if I should request any standard area or just let the ball roll?

Brook do you have any pictures of the main pool at AKL? And possibly the waterslide?
Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #205
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Ok, I took the plunge! I called WDW and asked if they had any Standard AKL rooms left that I could use my pin on (40% off). She quoted me a bunkbed room, which sounds fun, but I wanted it to be as cheap as possible, so ask her, "Do you have any standard left? I would like the deluxe feel for as cheap as possible." LOL! And they did! It was only $162 a night including taxes. That is around what we pay for Pop in March a night. So I have 2 nights for AKL in Dec. Now we need to get Skip in shape, and then agree totally to the trip.
So all of you who are good at praying, pray for us to get a little magic so all the stars align right!
Claire will be so excited! I won't mention a word till we know for sure, of course, but she has been looking at the AAA brochure and picked out AKL a couple of times because of the anmials. She even asked me a week ago if we could just stay there 1 night. So I told her that maybe someday we could.
I now want to go look at AKL pictures, but hate to get my hopes up too high and then have them crushed. LOL!

So with that being said, I think we will NOT do Sea World or US at this point. I think a day and a 1/2 at AK will give us enough to do and see and we can be relaxed somewhat for Claire's b-day on the 10th. And then I could schedule the photoshoot for AKL in the after noon.

Anyone know if I should request any standard area or just let the ball roll?

Brook do you have any pictures of the main pool at AKL? And possibly the waterslide?
YaY !! So glad u took the plunge and booked it
Sending your way that all the stars align and you are back visiting the mouse in December !!!

I think I would check the Animal Kingdom thread and see what rooms people request for standard veiw rooms at AKL . We put in a request for our standard view room at WL . All that can happen is you don't get what you ask for but at least u tried.

Are you gonna do MVMCP ?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #207
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo for AKL!!! We are staying there the 3rd to the 11th!!!!

As far as requesting a certain area, when I made my reservation there, I kept it vague and just said I wanted a location close to both the lobby and the elevators.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #208
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Woo Hoo for AKL!!! We are staying there the 3rd to the 11th!!!!

As far as requesting a certain area, when I made my reservation there, I kept it vague and just said I wanted a location close to both the lobby and the elevators.
I just posted on your PTR too. LOL! OK, thanks for tha info. I am going to have to start looking at some AKL threads
Old 08-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #209
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Joining in to follow along. Really hope you get to go, your plans are sounding great so far! You will love Disney in December!!! We were there last year and going again th December 3-11

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #210
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Joining in to follow along. Really hope you get to go, your plans are sounding great so far! You will love Disney in December!!! We were there last year and going again th December 3-11
Thanks. If everything works out I think this trip will be spetacular! I have been wanting to go during the Christmas season for quite some time now. I just really need to narrow down whats most important to do while we're there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: