Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #181
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Still Frustrated~

It's been a bit rough here since yesterday evening. 1st off Paige called me and told me she bought a new computer and was very excited. She had use our joint credit card, so she said she would be over later to give me the money so I could pay for it when it showed up in the account. (she is always very good about this). Her and 2 friends were going out to eat first. I went out to mow grass and when I came in, I saw that Paige had tried calling again, so I called back with no answer. A little later she called again and told me that her one friend who she was with had recieved a call from her dad as soon as they pulled into the restuarant parking lot and her new step mom had just been in a bad car accident. So they all rushed off to the hospital to take their friend. When they got there, She called her dad who told her that stepmom had died and to go home and he would meet her there. So they took her home, and later her boyfriend came over and took her to the hosptial again so she could be with family while they made decisions. She also found out that the 5 month old grandson had been in the car with her and died as well. So it was very sad. This lady had not only been her step mom for a few months, but origionally had been married to her moms brother, but he died 5 years ago at age 35 of a heart attack while out jogging. When her parents got divorced, her dad had started dating the Aunt and they just got married a few months ago. So this lady has been in her life since she was born.
Paige came over later, and talked about it a bit and was just very stressed.
After she left, Skip came in, and was in pain again. Alot of pain. He only slept about 3 hours last night. Which in turn, made me not sleep well because he was constantly tossing and turning and talking.
He had me drive him to the Drs today because he was in that much pain.
This Dr was practically a joke again He told him he didn't have a hernia...which we pretty much knew. But didn't really check for anything else. He did recommend him to go to a chronic pain center for injections. We have to wait for them to call us before we can get scheduled there though.
Here is how bad he is right now..I dropped him off at the door. He spotted a wheelchair in the doorway and said he would go sit in it and wait for me to push him up to the office. So Claire and I parked and when we got to the door he was just now making it to the wheelchair. It was only about 10 steps to the door, and it took him that long to move and he was using his cane.
Also we got some blood work results back and his white cells are still high, indicating infection (still). But no one will give him an antibiotic till they pinpoint where it is...yet no one seems to know where.
We are beyond frustrated. We don't know where to go next. Except for the pain clinic. If that doesn't help, I'm not sure where to go next.
He also talked to the nurse at the hip Dr's and she said she wouldn't suggest the injections, but at this point they aren't doing anything, so we are going ahead with it.
I keep telling Skip we should go get a second opinion from another hip Dr, but he still won't do it yet.
On top of all that, Skip is cranky from lack of sleep and pain...and he is a terrible side seat driver. He constantly was telling me how to drive. I told him he better watch out or I was gonna beat him. He said pack a lunch because I would be there awhile and he could fight me off with his cane. I told him I would just have to strike in the groin area, and either hit that sensitive man area, or his hip/groin pain area and he would be down for the count...and THEN I would take his cane and beat him with it.!
Claire of course said she would protect dad from me.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #182
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

My gracious Jen, you have had a rough couple of days. It's always sad to hear about a fatal auto accident but it's even worse when a child is involved. So very very sad.

I wish somebody....anybody....would do something meaningful medical wise for skip. I know that he is tired of hurting and nobody helping.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #183
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Your's is great! I'm doing alot of time wasting...LOL! Since it's hard to make plans and get excited if you aren't positive it's going to happen.
Today has been really bad for me. I did lots of pricing and scenerios in my head of what to do. I really need to walk away from here for a month. I'm too addicted.
Awe sorry to hear the last two days haven't been that great for u

Don't walk away from the boards , I think it helps to keep the WDW magic alive but then on the negative end it can make you kinda depressed about not being there too ! lol

Sorry to hear about Paige's friends loss Thinking about their family during this though time .

Sorry that the surgeon appt. didn't go well My DH hurt his back this past fall and was walking just how you describe Skip , he went trough taking pain meds & muscle relaxers for it only to feel like he was out in space , then they said physical therapy was the answer , then come to find out the therapy was only making it worse , MRI's & X-rays and multiple doctors . This went on from August 09 until probably this past January . He also went to the pain management doctor and got one set of injections which really seemed to help him up until just recently when he's starting to experience pain again so I guess he will be back to the doctor again . So maybe the injections could work , don't lose hope something along the way will help !

Sending your way for Skip's recovery & that December trip !
Old 08-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #184
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Back to the 2007 trip

Our last full day was at AK. I mentioned to Skip that we would probably only do a partial day and then go back and let Claire swim, since it had warmed up a bit. So of course he kept saying we should leave after everything we did.

We did alot of the basics, safari, etc. and had a good time.

Claire got to meet "Hocahantis"...Yes I spelled it with an "H", Thats how she said it. LOL!

She also met the rolling trash can over at the conservation station, but I can't remember his name. I know Push is the one at MK, but can't remember this one.

He made a commit about liking her shorts and she jumped back and screamed. I kind of got her mid jump.

We also met Baloo and King Louie, but according to Claire she had just met "Bear in the big blue house"

And we watched the parade. Aside from Spectro, I think this one is my next favorite. I love the music to this parade!

And then at Skip's insistance we headed towards the front. This was now my second trip to AK, and still hadn't been anywhere near the tree of life or saw the show inside. But I'll live. Skip announced that this was his least favorite park. I'm not sure why. I thought we had agood time. But to this day he says he would just rather skip it.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #185
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
My gracious Jen, you have had a rough couple of days. It's always sad to hear about a fatal auto accident but it's even worse when a child is involved. So very very sad.

I wish somebody....anybody....would do something meaningful medical wise for skip. I know that he is tired of hurting and nobody helping.
Yeah, it seems like today is just dragging on. I want to go take a little nap, but Claire and I have dentist appointments in another hour. Not something I am looking forward too. LOL! Another $300 out the door for that. I was going to cancel mine, but Skip insisted I go, He said with my teeth and all the money we spent last winter, I should probably keep up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Awe sorry to hear the last two days haven't been that great for u

Don't walk away from the boards , I think it helps to keep the WDW magic alive but then on the negative end it can make you kinda depressed about not being there too ! lol

Sorry to hear about Paige's friends loss Thinking about their family during this though time .

Sorry that the surgeon appt. didn't go well My DH hurt his back this past fall and was walking just how you describe Skip , he went trough taking pain meds & muscle relaxers for it only to feel like he was out in space , then they said physical therapy was the answer , then come to find out the therapy was only making it worse , MRI's & X-rays and multiple doctors . This went on from August 09 until probably this past January . He also went to the pain management doctor and got one set of injections which really seemed to help him up until just recently when he's starting to experience pain again so I guess he will be back to the doctor again . So maybe the injections could work , don't lose hope something along the way will help !

Sending your way for Skip's recovery & that December trip !
I won't walk away. I'm here. I'm too obsessed. LOL! At least I can live through others here too.
Skip swears that Dr's just want his $25 co-pay so they just keep passing him around. LOL!

I really hope these injections do something. I'm sure if Skip rested up a bit more and actually took a few days off and did nothing but lay around and ice it off and on, it would also help in the healing. But he just won't do it.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #186
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I'm loving all your nostalgic pictures! Claire is just too cute!

So sorry to hear about Paige's friends stepmom. That is just horrible.

Man Skip is really having a tough time.. I hope he finds a doctor that can get to the bottom of whats going on.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #187
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I'm loving all your nostalgic pictures! Claire is just too cute!

So sorry to hear about Paige's friends stepmom. That is just horrible.

Man Skip is really having a tough time.. I hope he finds a doctor that can get to the bottom of whats going on.
We were so tempted yesterday to just drive around to the other side of the hospital when we left and go to the ER. We actually contemplated it for a few minutes.
He is going to give the injections a try and if nothing comes of that, I think we are going to go to the Cleveland Clinic. We are just so sick of all of this waiting and getting no where.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #188
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I won't walk away. I'm here. I'm too obsessed. LOL! At least I can live through others here too.
Skip swears that Dr's just want his $25 co-pay so they just keep passing him around. LOL!

I really hope these injections do something. I'm sure if Skip rested up a bit more and actually took a few days off and did nothing but lay around and ice it off and on, it would also help in the healing. But he just won't do it.
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that's obsessed !

I have to agree with Skip it does seem a lot of Doctor's now a days are just interested in your money !

I hope the injections do work for him ! Well he may be getting out of resting now but when he gets those injections he will have to take at least a days rest , DH wasn't even allowed to drive to and from & heavy lifting was restricted for a time period .

Great AK pictures ! I still can't get over how little Clarie was , they grow up way to fast !

I can't get over AK being Skip's least fav and wanting to skip it ! Mine use to be Epcot but on our last trip we spent a quite a bit of time there and it really grew on me , so I have to say there is really not a park I could skip
Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #189
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Wow, i'm so sorry for everything that has been going on lately. That's all terrible!

And I love the 07 flashback pics! I really want to run into one of those trash cans when we go back, never seen one!

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
3princesses+aprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #190
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post

I can't get over AK being Skip's least fav and wanting to skip it ! Mine use to be Epcot but on our last trip we spent a quite a bit of time there and it really grew on me , so I have to say there is really not a park I could skip
I know, he really just doesn't like it for some reason. Not sure why, since he kind of likes to relax more on vacation, while I'm go go go!. So that park seems a little more relaxing for him. I think it may have grown on him more, but he won't allow himself to change his mind. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Wow, i'm so sorry for everything that has been going on lately. That's all terrible!

And I love the 07 flashback pics! I really want to run into one of those trash cans when we go back, never seen one!
They are neat. Thats the only I have ever seen, but I have seen Push in alot of peoples TR's. We just have never ran into him...yet!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #191
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Thanks for joining Brook. If we go in March, I would guess it would be with in the 1st 2 weeks since that is when we went in the past. Before the big Easter rush. I'm also throwing around the idea of going to Disneyland too. More on the grounds that if Skip doesn't get fixed up, maybe Claire and I can go out to CA and visit my best friend growing up who now lives out there and of course hit DLR while there. We have tossed around going out there a few times, but he always says he doesn't want to sit on a plane that long.
We have a loose plan for somewhere between March 10 - 20, so if you do end up going in March, maybe we can meet up!

I'm so sorry to hear the frustration with Skip. So he has an infection, is in INCREDIBLE pain to the point where he can't walk and the doctors are basically saying "No idea, live with it."?!?!?!?! That is NUTS! I would definitely go to another clinic and see if you can find someone. Refuse to leave until they figure it out. I had a co-worker who had to do that. She kept seeing doctor after doctor and no one was helping. She finally took a half day at work (at all of her co-workers urging!) and drove down to the Mayo Clinic (about 3 hours away) and stayed there for a few days until they figured it out! Which they DID, and she's now pain free. She had all random symptoms for years! It was something simple too, one procedure and she was done. How stressful for all of you!

And I'm sorry to hear about the stepmom and baby. That is so sad. I'm glad Paige was able to be with her friend during the whole ordeal.

Other than that, Henry and I really enjoyed the last flashback update! Henry saw Claire petting the animals and really wants to do that and shake Rafiki's hand.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #192
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
We have a loose plan for somewhere between March 10 - 20, so if you do end up going in March, maybe we can meet up!

I'm so sorry to hear the frustration with Skip. So he has an infection, is in INCREDIBLE pain to the point where he can't walk and the doctors are basically saying "No idea, live with it."?!?!?!?! That is NUTS! I would definitely go to another clinic and see if you can find someone. Refuse to leave until they figure it out. I had a co-worker who had to do that. She kept seeing doctor after doctor and no one was helping. She finally took a half day at work (at all of her co-workers urging!) and drove down to the Mayo Clinic (about 3 hours away) and stayed there for a few days until they figured it out! Which they DID, and she's now pain free. She had all random symptoms for years! It was something simple too, one procedure and she was done. How stressful for all of you!

And I'm sorry to hear about the stepmom and baby. That is so sad. I'm glad Paige was able to be with her friend during the whole ordeal.

Other than that, Henry and I really enjoyed the last flashback update! Henry saw Claire petting the animals and really wants to do that and shake Rafiki's hand.
That would be awesome to meet up! If we go then and you do too, that is definately in the plans!!
This whole Dr situation is just plain crazy. I hope we can just get this taken care of, so he doens't have to wonder day to day, or hour to hour how is going to be feeling.
I'm glad Henry enjoyed the pictures. Claire looks at yours sometimes too and she always ask "Who is he?" She seems very interested in Henry and what he is doing. LOL! And where he got that toy (whatever it may be he's holding. LOL)
Old 08-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #193
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The 2007 trip wrap up~

After leaving AK we went back for a Swim. Claire at this point never really went swimming much. When we would try, she would strip naked like she was getting into a bath, or just cry. But it all changed now! She loved it! But it was still a bit chilly, so we didn't spend alot of time at the pool.

Skip took her, while I snapped pictures. (plus I was very pooh sized and did NOT want to get into a suit at all) We didn't know at the time that they had life jackets to use there. Skip took her in the big pool and she just kept squirming to get out of his grasp, ...so a fast chilly run to the baby pool was where they ended up.

She wanted to go back to the big pool, and I think they did for a few more minutes, but then she tried to squirm again and we called it quits.

We had dinner at Captain Jacks at DTD that night. We had never been to DTD before, so it was kind of exciting.
We drove over and Claire fell asleep, so I went ahead and got her hat embroidered with her name first, and then after she woke, they met me at the restuartant.

We did a little exploring afterwards and some shopping. Then called it a night.

The next morning we had to leave. (Thursday) We got some breakfast, packed up and left the door open while Claire played right outside the door chasing the ducks.
Then off to the airport.
This is when we realized we had pushed her too hard. She threw up twice on the way to the airport. It just came out of the blue. She was then a bit grumpy at the airport while waiting, and while waiting for take off, but once on the flight she was out like a light.
She was a little under the weather for a few days I believe afterwards. I wasn't sure if it was a bug, or overstimulation. But my guess is the latter. She has had problems in the past when she doesn't get enough sleep or is really overstimulated. When other kids crash after a really long day of excitement, she would scream. Like she didn't know what to do with herself. Even now we have this problem here and there, so I have to try and slow things down at times.

And thats the end of the 2007 trip! Next up our very unexpected trip in 2008!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #194
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

So sorry to see this one end but I am sooooo looking forward to the next TR within a PTR!

Sorry to hear DD ended up sick. My son has some health issues so I have no doubt that at least once during the trip he will get sick. I know how hard it is on us mom's when they end up sick, especially when you are on vacation. Hoping we have no more than 1 sick day on our first Disney vacation.
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #195
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I understand the throwing up thing on vacation! We've been there with Henry as well. His has always happened DURING the trip, but I've always figured it was a combo of the different foods and over stimulation. Plus, so many germs - could also be a slight infection/cold. They bounce back fast though!

It's so fun to see pictures of little Claire! She is so adorable!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: