Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #166
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,553

We did the Pirate & Princess party at the MK after the Animal Kingdom. That was a REALLY long day......... We didn't stay til midnight, but I do remember being kind of chilly. Still, that's MY kind of weather!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #167
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
We did the Pirate & Princess party at the MK after the Animal Kingdom. That was a REALLY long day......... We didn't stay til midnight, but I do remember being kind of chilly. Still, that's MY kind of weather!
I'm so jealous. I wasn't familiar enough with it to go, I just thought, why would I pay extra money to go to MK. But now I kick myself and wish we would've went. I would've went last trip for sure if they still offered it.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #168
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm so jealous. I wasn't familiar enough with it to go, I just thought, why would I pay extra money to go to MK. But now I kick myself and wish we would've went. I would've went last trip for sure if they still offered it.
I was really back and forth on going. But we were using park tickets left from our 04 trip, so no cost for our regular park entrance. And I decided to forego Mother's Day and Birthday gifts that year to go to the party. It had just started. We really enjoyed it, and made it back on 2 other trips, including the very last night of the party ever (didn't know it then) in June 08. It really took all 3 trips to the party to finally do it all.

The only bad thing was that we had ADR's at CRT at 8:10 the next morning, so we couldn't stay late. I think we left by 10:30. I was so sad to walk out and look over to see the carriage photo op with a line WAY too long to enter, then walk right past the Tremaine family (who we had never met up to that point) with a long line......... So much to do..... so little time..........
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #169
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,746

We had ADRS for Crystal Palace that evening.
We really enjoyed it there. It was fun and lively, and Claire was in good spirits. The bad thing is, that when we went to character meals, she barely ate. She was much too worried about where the characters were.









It was really getting chilly when we came out from eating. The origional plan earlier that day had been for me to go back to the hotel and get everything together after they took their nap, and we would all come back together. But since they had woke up before the designated time, Skip just grabbed the bag and brought her over. I had the bag only partially packed....meaning I hadn't put in the sweatshirts or a full set of extra clothes for Claire. We ended up needing to change her eariler in the day and bought the Disney T-shirt and now that we were getting cold we set off to buy sweatshirts.
EVERYONE must've had the same idea because the stores were packed.
We then found a spot for Spectro Magic. We had seen part of it when we came in the first night, but not from a good spot.
I was amazed to see this was the same parade that had gone on way back when i had brought Michael and Paige.
I just LOVE Spectro, and it's something I would hate to miss. The music gets me!



We watched Wishes after that.
Skip wanted to leave when it was over, but so did every other single person in the park. It was a mad house.

So we head off to adventureland where there was NO wait for anything and rode several rides. It was great. We love the evenings. There is something special about riding at night with no crowds.
By the time we headed to the bus stop there was a minimal wait and we were wisked back off to Pop. I got Claire bathed and Skip went to the pool bar. Claire and I joined him and they gave Claire a Virgin daquari on the house. She drank about half and spilled the rest.
Then off to bed for much need rest.

Last edited by jenseib; 08-02-2010 at 09:32 AM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #170
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,746

You know...looking at all these pictures really brings back memories...and look how Happy Skip is with Claire. He's such a proud daddy. I think I need to get the photo ablums out from this trip tonight and have Claire and Daddy snuggle up and look at them together.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #171
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You know...looking at all these pictures really brings back memories...and look how Happy Skip is with Claire. He's such a proud daddy. I think I need to get the photo ablums out from this trip tonight and have Claire and Daddy snuggle up and look at them together.
That sounds like a great plan to me!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #172
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran
 
WrightFamily06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Coastal North Carolina
Posts: 1,247

Nice updates Jen

Glad to hear that something is working out to relive Skip's pain , keeping my fingers crossed that things continue to work out & you get your December trip !

Beautiful pictures of Claire at her recital ! Love her costume ! DD did Ballet back in 08 to 09 and by the end of the year she was putting on her own little dance at the recital if you know what I mean lol She said she wanted to do it again this Fall (09) and I was hesitant of signing her up after last year but I did and after buying new ballet & tap shoes , she did classes for 3 months and was just really disrupting the other girls and not participating so right before costume deposit time and I had any more money invested I withdrew her . I asked the other day if she would like to try again and she says no , Mom is a little disappointed she doesn't want to but I guess it saves money right !

Adorable pictures of your 2007 trip , Clarie was so small ! Love how your doing a mini report of your trips past !

Glad to hear that you finally got to ride Dumbo

Can't wait to read more you really know how to write a report , I wish mine was half as good as yours
__________________
WrightFamily06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #173
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,746

Good news. The General Surgeon had a cancelation so Skip is going in tomorrow morning. He wondered if he should just cancel it since he was feeling better (yet he still walks with a limp) and I told him no way. We need to find the source of the problem.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #174
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,321

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Good news. The General Surgeon had a cancelation so Skip is going in tomorrow morning. He wondered if he should just cancel it since he was feeling better (yet he still walks with a limp) and I told him no way. We need to find the source of the problem.
Praying they find the answers and DH is feeling better than ever very soon!
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #175
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Nice updates Jen

Glad to hear that something is working out to relive Skip's pain , keeping my fingers crossed that things continue to work out & you get your December trip !

Beautiful pictures of Claire at her recital ! Love her costume ! DD did Ballet back in 08 to 09 and by the end of the year she was putting on her own little dance at the recital if you know what I mean lol She said she wanted to do it again this Fall (09) and I was hesitant of signing her up after last year but I did and after buying new ballet & tap shoes , she did classes for 3 months and was just really disrupting the other girls and not participating so right before costume deposit time and I had any more money invested I withdrew her . I asked the other day if she would like to try again and she says no , Mom is a little disappointed she doesn't want to but I guess it saves money right !

Adorable pictures of your 2007 trip , Clarie was so small ! Love how your doing a mini report of your trips past !

Glad to hear that you finally got to ride Dumbo

Can't wait to read more you really know how to write a report , I wish mine was half as good as yours
Your's is great! I'm doing alot of time wasting...LOL! Since it's hard to make plans and get excited if you aren't positive it's going to happen.
Today has been really bad for me. I did lots of pricing and scenerios in my head of what to do. I really need to walk away from here for a month. I'm too addicted.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #176
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Good news. The General Surgeon had a cancelation so Skip is going in tomorrow morning. He wondered if he should just cancel it since he was feeling better (yet he still walks with a limp) and I told him no way. We need to find the source of the problem.
Great news! Don't you dare let Skip cancel the appointment. Tell him I'll come up there and whip him if he does. I may be little but I can pack a punch.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #177
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran
 
DevonsDisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 2,036

Finally all caught up!!! You have such an adorable family Jen!!! I sure hope everything works out with Skips health issues so you can go to Disney in Dec.!!! I'll say a prayer!

Can't wait to here more on your plans!

PS there is not way that skip can say no to Claire! I can tell he melts like butter with her!!
__________________
DevonsDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #178
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,826

All caught up!

Hi there! Okay, I read it all!

DO NOT CANCEL A DOCTORS APPT CAUSE SOMEONE "FEELS BETTER." I work in a medical office and I can tell you that everytime, you will regret it! Just make the appt. I'm glad you are seeing all these doctors, but are you getting office notes back to your family doctor after each visit. Schedule an appt to discuss everything with him/her. That's one of the things Family med doctors can help with- making sure nothing is missed!

I am jealous EVERY SINGLE TIME I see Claire in the Mary Poppins' costume. I love that! That's my favorite movie! Where did you get that?

Your children are beautiful by the way!

Okay, I have to go to bed!!! Good night!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina
Magical DIStractions

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #179
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,170

I'm all caught up now! I'm SO glad to hear Skip will be going in!!!! I hope they figure it out - how stressful for you all.

I am really enjoying the old trip memories! It's fun to watch the kids grow. The picture of Skip with Claire at MK when they look like they are about to jump rope is precious!!! So sweet!!!

If you end up going in March...what will your dates be?
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #180
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Hi there! Okay, I read it all!

DO NOT CANCEL A DOCTORS APPT CAUSE SOMEONE "FEELS BETTER." I work in a medical office and I can tell you that everytime, you will regret it! Just make the appt. I'm glad you are seeing all these doctors, but are you getting office notes back to your family doctor after each visit. Schedule an appt to discuss everything with him/her. That's one of the things Family med doctors can help with- making sure nothing is missed!

I am jealous EVERY SINGLE TIME I see Claire in the Mary Poppins' costume. I love that! That's my favorite movie! Where did you get that?

Your children are beautiful by the way!

Okay, I have to go to bed!!! Good night!
Thanks for joining.
We did go. I had to drive him because his pain is back in ful force. He could barely walk, so we used the wheel chair to get him to the office. Again not much happened. This Dr said it wasn't a hernia, which we pretty much already figured. He is supposed to be referring him to a Chronic pain center to start injections. I really hope this works, or at least helps.
I love the Mary Poppins dress too. It was tricky to get it. They don't make them in kids sizes unless you get one homemade. I was lucky enough to have Claire's dance Studio order me a dance version last summer. I put a frill blouse under the dress, added a fed red bows, took an old Easter Hated and added tool and red ribbon to that and found a parasol at Michaels and dolled that up as well. A fellow Diser..mom2rtk.. told me about the boots and I went on a wild internet searh for them and found they no longer were being made, but was lucky enough to snag a pair. Probably the last pair ever. LOL! We must get to Disney before she out grows it. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm all caught up now! I'm SO glad to hear Skip will be going in!!!! I hope they figure it out - how stressful for you all.

I am really enjoying the old trip memories! It's fun to watch the kids grow. The picture of Skip with Claire at MK when they look like they are about to jump rope is precious!!! So sweet!!!

If you end up going in March...what will your dates be?
Thanks for joining Brook. If we go in March, I would guess it would be with in the 1st 2 weeks since that is when we went in the past. Before the big Easter rush. I'm also throwing around the idea of going to Disneyland too. More on the grounds that if Skip doesn't get fixed up, maybe Claire and I can go out to CA and visit my best friend growing up who now lives out there and of course hit DLR while there. We have tossed around going out there a few times, but he always says he doesn't want to sit on a plane that long.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: